Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers:CHUGU discussion

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I just bought the Hot Rod/Cyclonus comic 2-pack this weekend, mainly for Targetmaster Cyclonus but I'm really liking Hot Rod in his more animation accurate bright coloring. However, Cyclonus is the reason for the season and after I slapped a couple of Decepticon insignias on his wings then BLAMMO! Instant modern Decepticon perfection!

I also got the new-ish Red Alert. He's alright too. I guess. For an Autobot.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I broke down and bought Generations Blurr. I wasn’t going to since I already have the Cybertron version. But when I saw it on the pegs, that bright blue plastic just popped right out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Just bought Red Alert, and saw both Thunderwing and Skullgrin, though I wasn't sure I wanted them, so I didn't bother buying them.
    I wasn’t sure about Thunderwing since I’m more into the US/Japan cartoon continuity than the comic continuity. But I went ahead and got him and I’m glad I did. He is a spot on homage to the original figure and his transformation is very simple yet effective making him very fun to play with. Did I say play with? I meant convert between modes for different shelf display options.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I just bought the Hot Rod/Cyclonus comic 2-pack this weekend, mainly for Targetmaster Cyclonus but I'm really liking Hot Rod in his more animation accurate bright coloring. However, Cyclonus is the reason for the season and after I slapped a couple of Decepticon insignias on his wings then BLAMMO! Instant modern Decepticon perfection!

I also got the new-ish Red Alert. He's alright too. I guess. For an Autobot.
    I already have the 1st releases of Hot Rod and Cyclonus and I even have the Takara New Year’s Convoy reissue that came with that metal matrix so I just can’t bring myself to buy the set. I do like the Cyclonus in that set more but I prefer the 1st release Hot Rod. Maybe if it goes on clearance I’ll pick it up. I thought I wasn’t going to like that Red Alert after Takara released him in his cartoon clors but I am digging the classic toy colors on the Hasbro release. I guess I have no consistent policy for which characters I prefer to look like their original toy and which ones I prefer to look like their Sunbow appearance.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

I wasn’t sure about Thunderwing since I’m more into the US/Japan cartoon continuity than the comic continuity. But I went ahead and got him and I’m glad I did. He is a spot on homage to the original figure and his transformation is very simple yet effective making him very fun to play with. Did I say play with? I meant convert between modes for different shelf display options.
    I'm much the same way with the latter-day G1 characters, but I really dig both Thunderwing and Skullgrin, although I'm not crazy about Skullgrin's transformation - I keep accidentally popping bits off. Thunderwing is pretty cool, though. Glad I bought them.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I've been on a bit of a 3rd party bend lately. I got the new Hot Rod trailer upgrade kit for Christmas which is fantastic. It looks like it fits perfectly with the Classics toy, and really does a great job of being an upgrade for it.

I also just got the Springer figure from Fansproject. It looked a little basic looking in some pics I saw online, but after good word of mouth I got one online. The figure is really not at all as simple either in design or in detailing. In fact, he's probably one of the most complex figures I've ever owned, and looks fantastic in all modes. I'd say he could easily look official if it weren't for the fact that I can't see Hasbro making a Deluxe/Voyager that's this complicated to transform. Definitely a great addition, though.

I've had the upgrade trailer kits for both ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime for a while now, and both of those are just incredible. And I just purchased the new IDW comic head for Generations Kup where he's got his Cygar, a look I personally love. I'm hoping they do another IDW-styled head for Perceptor, who looks incredible.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

The last Reveal the Shield wave that barely/never hit stores is starting to hit discount chains. I just scored the deluxe Perceptor and the Legends Megatron and Trailbreaker at my local TJ Max. So start checking out all the TJ Max, Marshall's, Ross, etc.

The last Reveal the Shield wave that barely/never hit stores is starting to hit discount chains. I just scored the deluxe Perceptor and the Legends Megatron and Trailbreaker at my local TJ Max. So start checking out all the TJ Max, Marshall's, Ross, etc.
    AAAHHHGG. Here we go again; Hasbro brings out the toys, craps out in the end, and then somehow the stuff I've been looking forward to ends up in TJMaxx where there's one register and a HUGE line of people. Man I hate that place. The one near me, at least. I bet that'll be the only way I'll find Warpath, too...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Wait. TJMaxx has toys?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Wait. TJMaxx has toys?
    Yeah, it's usually mistaken for a junk pile. Everything is piled together (at least at the store near me) and you kinda gotta dig and look close to find anything good.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thundercracker, Warpath, and Wheeljack are starting to show up at Wal-Mart and Target. I picked up Thundercracker and Warpath at Wal-Mart today (Wheeljack looks cool but just doesn't interest me so I passed on it).

Thundercracker's...well, just Thundercracker, but I'm a big Decepticon air force fan so I'm really glad to finally have it.

Warpath is an absolute masterpiece, IMHO, one of the coolest Transformers toys ever. Whoever designed this toy should get a medal or something. :b

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I just posted all my MIP/MIB Transformers collection in my photo album section of Facebook. Just picked up Sergeant Kup and Scourge last week.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thundercracker, Warpath, and Wheeljack are starting to show up at Wal-Mart and Target.
    I just found Thundercracker and Wheeljack at Wal-mart this morning. They didn't have Warpath but even if they did I would have had to pass on him in order to keep to my budget. I already have the legends scale version of Warpath anyway.

does anyone know if it's too late to find jazz or wreck-gar? it just hit me that i could try hasbro toy shop, but jazz is sold out and wreck-gar isn't even listed.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    does anyone know if it's too late to find jazz or wreck-gar? it just hit me that i could try hasbro toy shop, but jazz is sold out and wreck-gar isn't even listed.
    If you've got a local Kroger and it has a toy section, check there. The Kroger back in my hometown's had Jazz and Wreck-Gar a few times.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The Hasbro Toy Shop website is having free shipping on all Transformers purchases over $25. I bit the bullet and bought the Generations versions of Kup, Thundercracker, Skullgrin, Thunderwing, Wheeljack and Scourge all for $11.99 each. A pretty good deal with free shipping.

And since I bought these, I went ahead and bought Warpath, Blurr and Dirge on Amazon. A splurge of purchases on this 4th of July weekend. Yay capitalism!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 3, 2011 at 09:05am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Has anyone got these?

Munitioner (FansProject Swindle)

Explorer (FansProject Blast Off)

I just bought them off ebay and I am hoping they are as good as they look. I bought Energon Bruticus 18 months ago specifically for these figures. If they are good I might even purchase the repaints Warcry and Flameblast.

Once the Fansproject Insecticons are released I will certainly buy them. I am trying to give up Transformers toys but these 3rd Party companies are making it hard
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 3, 2011 at 07:49am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope they show these Generations figures at SDCC 2011:

Optimus Prime - Deluxe
    This year, I've started enjoying this line more if most of the characters were deluxe sized. It makes characters like Galvatron, Straxus, Thunderwing work alot better if most of the characters were that general size. I use the WFC Megatron as my normal Megs now. The same with Soundwave. WFC Optimus is my regular Optimus for the time being.

Hoist and Trailbreaker - Deluxe
    I have a feeling that we'll see these two, or at least one of them at SDCC since they share the same mold. Mold sharing seems to be a running theme, with Sunstreaker (Sideswipe and Red Alert) and Prowl (Bluestreak and Smokescreen) one year, Ironhide (Ratchet) and Drift (Blurr) another year and then Inferno (Grapple), Straxus (Skullgrin) and Tracks (Wheeljack) last year.

Blaster
    Skids
    Bliztwing

Shockwave - Voyager
    To match Jetfire's size. Maybe he could be the WFC version.

There are the mini-bots, but I wonder what is Hasbro going to do with their sizes? I suppose they are going to start making them Scouts instead of Deluxes (I prefer them being Deluxes--same sized cars as the others, but with squat or shorter robot modes).

Honorable mention:
    WFC Arcee
    WFC Slipstream
    WFC Ultra Magnus

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am trying to give up Transformers toys
    What?! Blasphemy! I'm going to pretend you never said that Big F. What about the re-release of the G1 Constructicons? You gonna get those? You better say yes or you're going to make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I have no interest in the G1 re-issues. However, I am interested in the TFC 3rd party Construticons, Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope they show these Generations figures at SDCC 2011:

Optimus Prime - Deluxe
    This year, I've started enjoying this line more if most of the characters were deluxe sized. It makes characters like Galvatron, Straxus, Thunderwing work alot better if most of the characters were that general size. I use the WFC Megatron as my normal Megs now. The same with Soundwave. WFC Optimus is my regular Optimus for the time being.
    I do tend to like deluxes more. But i think it has to do with their transformation more than their size. Bigger Transformers tend to be so complex that they're not even fun to transform.

I think they should release a voyager and a deluxe sized Optimus that actually looks like G1 Optimus. The deluxe Optimus could be made with the intent of using that base robot mold and adding a trailer to make Ultra Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    What about the re-release of the G1 Constructicons? You gonna get those? You better say yes or you're going to make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
    The G1 Constructicon reissues are a big pass for me....because I already have a pretty nice vintage set.
    Last edited by FAKER II; July 3, 2011 at 09:19pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I have no interest in the G1 re-issues. However, I am interested in the TFC 3rd party Construticons, Hercules
    I would get that too, but it depends on how good things are going when they start coming out. $80 per Voyager-sized Constructicon--ouch!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I would get that too, but it depends on how good things are going when they start coming out. $80 per Voyager-sized Constructicon--ouch!
    Have you seen the price of the Perfect Effect figures? They are minibot/legend size and start at $30.

It is costly being a fan of 3rd party companies

Yeah, I saw that. I'm going to wait before I decide on those. I don't want to get stuck with 3 of those things and then they cancel the series and I'm stuck with an unfinished gestalt.

The G1 Constructicon reissues are a big pass for me....because I already have a pretty nice vintage set.
    Yeah, I got a nice vintage set as well but I pre-ordered 2 sets of the re-releases. One set to have in Devastator mode (I'm not scuffing up my vintage set in joining them together) while attaching all the CrazyDevy's improvements on him (articulated hips, hands, larger gun and improved head with light-up eyes) and the second set to place in my vintage Devastator box for that "MIB" look.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Has anyone got these?

Munitioner (FansProject Swindle)

Explorer (FansProject Blast Off)

I just bought them off ebay and I am hoping they are as good as they look. I bought Energon Bruticus 18 months ago specifically for these figures. If they are good I might even purchase the repaints Warcry and Flameblast.

Once the Fansproject Insecticons are released I will certainly buy them. I am trying to give up Transformers toys but these 3rd Party companies are making it hard
    I don't think you'll be disappointed, they are some of the most well-constructed TFs/3rd party TFs I've seen. The Blast Off tends to be a bit fragile if not handled correctly, but other than that, it was a nice investment; the other pieces that come with them really spruce up the 3 Energon figures.

I'm undecided on the FP Insecticons, the originals still look great today; though the new ones are quite tempting.

Hercules is too much for my blood; maybe if I can get BBTS to accept a few trade-ins for them, though they have become far more picky about what they take nowadays. I have 3 different Devastators (original, yellow G2, orange G2) to fall back on, but I kinda like "Dr. Crank" and the Long Haul they've shown. Pushing Scavenger as the first release feels like a mistake to me; I'd have rather seen one of the others first.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

Fansproject Causality Insecticons have been delayed;

CA-03 THUNDERSHRED - early August
    CA-04 STORMBOMB - end August
    CA-05 BACKFIERY - mid September

There is a new player in 3rd Party products and they are starting with a bang by releasing a Devastator;

Now I am trying to chase up the last few Transformers Generations figures that I missed;

Warpath
    Scourge
    Thundercracker
    Wreck-gar
    Perceptor
    Lugnut
    Grapple
    G2 Optimus Prime

Once I have them I am back up to date

Attached Images Attached Images

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    What do you guys think about the igear Ratchet and Ironhide? I've never bought any third party stuff just because they cost so much, but man, the pics of those look fantastic to me. I also like their Seaspray and Huffer even if they are small. I may actually be able to afford those.