Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers:CHUGU discussion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wish Seaspray and Huffer were Deluxes. Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Warpath have spoiled me.

I saw Transformers Prime toys at TRU today. It's gonna be a long CHUG-less winter...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Transformers used to be my absolute favorite toyline to collect. I got the originals, I had bought a bunch of G2 stuff, I had nearly every Beast Wars figure, and then I stopped during Beast Machines. Then I started getting the Cybertron stuff and absolutely loved the Classics. Now though, with how many times Hasbro has screwed the line over, my interest in Transformers had waned. The classics are great (love Cyclonus, Scourge, and Kup), as was the Animated line, but since Hasbro does not know how to distribute these anymore, I am not that big on them anymore. In fact, I have thought if I should sell of my collection many times, but then, if I do, I know a few years later I will want them again. On the other hand, maybe I'll sell off my MOC/MIB collection and just keep the loose stuff. Or vice versa. I do not know. It is hard, as I don't want to part with the toyline, but the lack of a paid job is making it very tempting. Plus, the vintage toys are no longer that cool to me thanks to the Classics line. Outside of Galvatron, who's cartoon color accurate reissue is vastly superior to any of the recent Galvatron figures, the vintage line is not really all that great. I loved them as a kid, but nowadays I merely keep them out of nostalgia than anything else.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's gonna be a long CHUG-less winter...
    Don't forget that we're getting one more wave of Generations with Junkheap and Sky Shadow. I'm especially stoked about Sky Shadow. I'm glad that Hasbro has opened up to giving us an exclusively Japanese continuity character. I hope it opens the doors for future Japanese characters like Metal Hawk, Minerva, Overlord, Star Saber, Deszarus, etc.

I'll be getting the best CHUGU Transformer of the year this winter: Amazon exclusive Unicron. I already have it but I don't get to open it until Dec 25th.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I wish Seaspray and Huffer were Deluxes. Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Warpath have spoiled me.
    You got that backwards. Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Warpath should have been Scout classed to keep them in proper G1 scale.

I saw Transformers Prime toys at TRU today. It's gonna be a long CHUG-less winter...
    I actually look forward to it. It will give me a chance to pay some bills off.

I have zero interest in Prime or movie toys so this will be a nice little break.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.

There is a new player in 3rd Party products and they are starting with a bang by releasing a Devastator;
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1310217622

Where the heck do you buy that? that looks amazing!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I collect this line and I utterly loathe "CHUG" as an acronym (even more so the even clunkier "CHUGU").

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Where the heck do you buy that? that looks amazing!
    Are you willing to pay $600? Then go ahead. Each "constructicon" is around $90 and available from TFC toys (through places like BBTS). I know Benedict Judas Hel is collecting them now. Bit out of my price range, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    You got that backwards. Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Warpath should have been Scout classed to keep them in proper G1 scale.
    Scale in Transformers:

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Don't forget that we're getting one more wave of Generations with Junkheap and Sky Shadow. I'm especially stoked about Sky Shadow. I'm glad that Hasbro has opened up to giving us an exclusively Japanese continuity character. I hope it opens the doors for future Japanese characters like Metal Hawk, Minerva, Overlord, Star Saber, Deszarus, etc.
    Oh my goodness yes. I'm sad that even Takara believe there's not enough interest in reissues or new versions of the Japanese-only characters. They're so obsessed with the movie figures and whatever the latest cartoon is over in Japan and not as "retro" oriented... I guess they felt that when they did Encores of some of the most expensive Japanese-exclusive toys and those ended up the worst-selling Encores ever, the market just didn't exist. Which is a pity.

Of course the most-needed figures are Deathsaurus, the Breastforce and Star Saber. Victory forever.
    Last edited by Sandman; November 22, 2011 at 06:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'll be getting the best CHUGU Transformer of the year this winter: Amazon exclusive Unicron. I already have it but I don't get to open it until Dec 25th.
    I want that Unicron, but I cannot justify buying that toy again for anything more than $30. His joints are terrible, or rather, his "wings" are absolutely terrible because they cannot stand on or they just fall to the ground.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Are you willing to pay $600? Then go ahead. Each "constructicon" is around $90 and available from TFC toys (through places like BBTS). I know Benedict Judas Hel is collecting them now. Bit out of my price range, I'm afraid.
    The most I ever paid for any toy was $450 and that was for Grand Maximus. That was before I was married.

I guess they felt that when they did Encores of some of the most expensive Japanese-exclusive toys and those ended up the worst-selling Encores ever, the market just didn't exist. Which is a pity.
    I suspect that maybe the large scale figures like God Ginrai and Star Convoy were harder to sell because of the giant price tag for being such large figures. But I think some of the smaller sized Japaneze exclusives like Stepper, Twincast, and Soundblaster sold well. So at the very least, I think Minerva, Go-Shooter, and Metal Hawk might do well. Plus I’d love to see Cab (Hosehead) recolored in red/white (like in the Masterforce cartoon) rather than red/gray.

The most I ever paid for any toy was $450 and that was for Grand Maximus. That was before I was married.
    Not a totally bad deal for him depending on the condition. But yeah, TFC Hercules is going to be over $600 with shipping and all.

I suspect that maybe the large scale figures like God Ginrai and Star Convoy were harder to sell because of the giant price tag for being such large figures. But I think some of the smaller sized Japaneze exclusives like Stepper, Twincast, and Soundblaster sold well. So at the very least, I think Minerva, Go-Shooter, and Metal Hawk might do well. Plus I’d love to see Cab (Hosehead) recolored in red/white (like in the Masterforce cartoon) rather than red/gray.
    Actually the Stepper re-release did really poorly, which is why Takara got "burned". It was one of the most expensive and sought-after G1 pieces, but the reissue just didn't sell for crap, so they decided to focus on "big names" rather. This is why we haven't had a reissue of the last three Japan-unique minicassetes for example, despite that they would be cheap to produce.

II'm not saying it won't happen, but Takara doesn't really seem to have faith in the Japanese-original stuff right now. They're more into the classic G1 cast, movie cast and animated/Prime.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Here's some updates for the other fan-produced Devastator, Maketoys' Giant, in case you haven't been following its' progress.

http://www.maketoys.jp/simpleVC_20111107172222.html - B&W

http://www.maketoys.jp/simpleVC_20111114174527.html - color images of Bonecrusher/Scavenger

I like the G2 colors, I know some don't, but according to rumor, they're going to be offering the full set in original green as a boxset sometime down the road, after they sell them in pairs. I prefer this set, mostly due to it being more affordable and I think the individual robots look amazing.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I have no idea how I missed this thread.

I, too, just stick to calling them "Classics".

I'm with Faker II in being quite excited about Sky Shadow. I love it when a strong paint job really differentiates one character from another (head sculpt aside).

And if anyone is still trying to finish up their harder-to-find late-wave RTS stuff, the discount chain "Five Below" has gotten in both the last wave of G1 Legends (Gun Mega, Prinme, Goldbug, and Trailcutter/breaker) and the Windcharger wave of scouts. No way was I going to pay $40 for him on e-Bay, but he is one hell of a great toy. Great alt mode, awesome poseability, just a lot of fun. Getting him for $5 makes him all the better.

$600?!?!?!?!? WOW! how big is this thing going to be? will it obey my commands??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    $600?!?!?!?!? WOW! how big is this thing going to be? will it obey my commands??
    Yeah. As nice as it looks, it's way too rich for my blood. $60 each for munitioner and Explorer were probably my limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Yeah. As nice as it looks, it's way too rich for my blood. $60 each for munitioner and Explorer were probably my limit.
    Yeah the most I paid for a transformer is $50 for MP Prime, I like great looking transformers but I'm not a fan enough to pay that much for anything.

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Are you willing to pay $600? Then go ahead. Each "constructicon" is around $90 and available from TFC toys (through places like BBTS). I know Benedict Judas Hel is collecting them now.
    That I am, sir. That I am.

Bit out of my price range, I'm afraid.
    What?! Everybody's not surrounded by gorgeous women and swimming in huge piles of money like me? Oh, it's the whole dedicating my life to evil thing that affords me my extravagant lifestyle...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That I am, sir. That I am.

What?! Everybody's not surrounded by gorgeous women and swimming in huge piles of money like me? Oh, it's the whole dedicating my life to evil thing that affords me my extravagant lifestyle...
    do your minions get to play with your toys? not that I'm interested in a post but they usually prove easy to take down.

Fear is faith in failure

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    do your minions get to play with your toys?
    They get to play with one. But that's only if they perform all their chores and do what I tell them to do.

not that I'm interested in a post but they usually prove easy to take down.
    That sounds like a challenge to me, k-man. I'm the Master of Evil! I can do anything! Except fractions. Those things are hard...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I thought you were surrounded by demons and naked tortured souls burning in lava?

I thought you were surrounded by demons and naked tortured souls burning in lava?
    That's my 9 to 5 routine. At home it's all about the ladies and the loot. Not the lute! But the loot...

Looks like it'll be time to hunt for Transformers once again! Grimlock's robot mode looks sweet and I love the size...but that dino mode's legs and back looks funny.

Voyager Soundwave/Soundblaster/Blaster is super big...larger than Classics' Prime...

Looks like it'll be time to hunt for Transformers once again! Grimlock's robot mode looks sweet and I love the size...but that dino mode's legs and back looks funny.
    I really wanted to like this new Grimlock. But I just can't. It looks a little better than the Classics version and is at least a better scale for the character. But He still doesn't really look G1-ish enough for me. I'd be all about a voyager scale rendition of Masterpiece Grimlock. I think I'll still stick with Energon Grimlock as my default CHUG Grimlock. He's not perfect but he transforms the most like his G1 counterart.

I'm still undecided about Blaster. He looks alright but I'm just not too interested in Cybertronian modes anymore.

The last CHUG figure I added to my collection was the TRU exclusive (previously Asian exclusive) Springer. With this being the 3rd Springer that is a repaint/retool, I've given up on Springer getting his own mold. Out of the 3 options, I do like this one the best.

I'm still undecided about Blaster. He looks alright but I'm just not too interested in Cybertronian modes anymore.
    I don't really care about the alt modes too much, since I keep everyone in robot mode...just bring out the characters! It's a pity that Ultra Magnus is so small...

I don't really care about the alt modes too much, since I keep everyone in robot mode...just bring out the characters! It's a pity that Ultra Magnus is so small...
    I have nostalgia tinted glasses so I'll stick with the G1 originals if the new versions aren't G1-ish enough for me. Granted, I will buy something new that is only a loosely related homage if the vintage G1 version is too expensive like Botcon Metalhawk and Overlord for example. But I by no means am denigrating those who like everything new. I realize I'm the one wearing 80's blinders.

As for Ultra Magnus, I have my fingers crossed that the Asia exclusive version of the Classics mold will make its way to Toys R Us.

Any idea how much Grimlock will cost?
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Any idea how much Grimlock will cost?
    I think maybe $22? Or $30?

I haven't brought a Voyager since 2011...