2011: Bow & Glimmer
    2012: Frosta & Angella
    2013: Castaspella & Mermista
    2014: Perfuma & Peekablue
    2015: Flutterina

It's all I ask..

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I just think that 9 months is crazy I don't want to start a big thing about females again... I just can't grasp how he thinks that 9 months, compared to 11, is acceptable.

I am also just really excited to know what the May female figure is!!!
    I THINK what he was going for... is that if She-ra had been January... then the next female will be may...

only 5 months.

Which I think is more than fair...

Considering that so far, (other than sorceress) we already have ALL the Motu female figures... and She-ra/adora... and even Goddess made...

PoP has been a little light... but the female to male ratio has been pretty high considering the few figures we get at a time... At least compared to the Male heavy ratios that MOTU naturally is...

Especially considering the first year was really only the 12 monthly characters... it's moving along. Now with the massive increase in figures... and 2 packs, and beasts and bonuses... I'm sure we'lll be seeing more PoP.

2017? This line will be 9 years old by then. That's crazy. I want it to last that long, but how many figures will that be? Roughly 16 figures a year times 9 years equals 144. Not counting SDCC figures and army builders.
    END OF LINE

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    2017? This line will be 9 years old by then. That's crazy. I want it to last that long, but how many figures will that be? Roughly 16 figures a year times 9 years equals 144. Not counting SDCC figures and army builders.
    Or beasts, vehicles, or diorama pieces, or perhaps any playsets.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

2017?!!Hmmm I need a bigger house!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Warrior
    2017 wow, glad I have a whole bedroom available for these.

The line might be planned until 2017, but there's no guarantee it will make it. Apart from the usual issues (i.e. lack on interest), it means that there would have to be no new MOTU projects up until then.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    This is AWESOME news!! I never want this line to end!!

What's with all the Debbie downers in this thread? Of course it isn't guaranteed, but it's great news that ToyGuru and higher ups are that ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I THINK what he was going for... is that if She-ra had been January... then the next female will be may...

only 5 months..

Yes, I see. Good point. That must be what he was thinking. Ah well lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

That is awesome news that they have things planned out for 2017! Perhaps a movie will finally get made between now and then and boost things up a bit!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Gawd I would love to get a peek at the "Masters" list of figures through 2017. I dont understand why they dont publish it and give the disclaimer that this is who we have planned or would like to do if everything goes as planned. How could that hurt...
    It'd turn every announcement into a "Meh", and every slippage into a crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So the line will go well into 2017 now? I wonder where they got the extra characters from. Perhaps Filmation?

I still hope they add in newly created charaters. I don't want to see the line end at all
    Put together from these and this

Done & formally announced:
    • "Vintage MotU toy" figure redos (23): He-Man, Beast-Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Faker, Mer-Man, Zodac, Hordak, Man-at-Arms, Tri-Klops, Webstor, Teela, Scare Glow, King Randor, Trap-Jaw, Moss-Man, Evil-Lyn, Orko, Prince Adam, Whiplash. Grizzlor, Buzz-Off, King Hiss*, Sy-Klone*
    • "Vintage" concept art/minicomic/prototype figures (4): He-Ro, Goddess, Wun-Dar, Vikor*
    • "Vintage PoP toy" figure redos (2): She-Ra, Bow*
    • PoP cartoon/concept art/prototype figures (1): Adora
    • NA-original characters (1): Optikk
    • MYP/200X-original characters (5)**: King Grayskull, Zodak, Keldor, Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus

*Announced but unreleased
    **Yes, I realise you could argue about whether Marzo was "MYP original". Point is, he shares a name and practically nothing else with the Filmation character...

To-do:
    • "Vintage MotU toy" figure redos (35): Sorceress, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, Mekaneck, Fisto, Blade, Blast-Attak, Clamp Champ, Clawful, Dragstor, Extendar, Gwildor, Horde Trooper, Jitsu, Kobra Khan, Leech, Mantenna, Modulok, Mosquitor, Multi-bot, Ninjor, Rattlor, Rio Blast, Rokkon, Rotarr, Saurod, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Spikor, SSSqueeze, Stinkor, Stondar, Tung Lashor, Twistoid, Two Bad
    • "Vintage" concept art/minicomic/prototype figures (minimum 4, lots more possible depending on how deep they're prepared to dig): Demo-Man, Lodar, Eldor, Sharella
    • "Vintage PoP toy" figure redos (14 + 2 "pack-in-sized"): Castaspella, Catra, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Flutterina, Frosta, Glimmer, Mermista, Netossa, Peekablue, Perfuma, Queen Angella, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Kowl {small figure}, Loo-Kee {small figure}
    • PoP cartoon/concept art/prototype figures (3): Jewelstar (Star Sister), Starla (Star Sister), Tallstar (Star Sister)
    • NA-original characters (17): Artilla/Weaponstronic, Butthead, Darius {prototype/comic}, Flipshot/Icarius, Flogg/Brakk, Hoove, Hydron, Karatti, Kayo/Tatarus, Lizorr, Nocturna, Quakke/Earthquake, Slush Head/Kalamarr, Spinwit/Tornado, Staghorn, Tuskador/Insyzor, Vizar
    • MYP cartoon & 200X toy-original characters (minimum 15): Faceless One, Baddrah, Calix, Dekker, Evilseed, Hawke, King Miro, King Taurius, Lord Dactys, Oracle, Prahvus, Queen Andreeno, Stingrad, Tuvar, Veena

For a crude count, that gives 35+4+14+3+17+15=88. Or seven years and four months of monthly figures starting in May 2010, which takes us up to August 2017 already. And there are plenty of MYP and concept characters I didn't mention, since I wanted to err on the side of caution - similarly, I didn't count Meteorbs, Filmation, DC or MVC, and barely counted the minicomics.

They'll make into 2018 easily if the line survives that far into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I can't wait. I want all the POP figures...well except for maybe Clawdeen. Dunno if I can bring myself to buy that one.
    Excellent post!!! ... you made me spit out my morning coffee
    It´s just true

This is good news from TG so I don't want to be seen knocking it ... but something isn't all it seems. If I recall last time we heard of all the vintage MOTU/POP/NA toys released only some of the human NA toys were slotted likely to slip into 2017.

Since that time we have a secure schedule of extra (quarterly) figures, army builders in the beast slots and surprises like the Orko/Adam SDCC 2 pack meaning there are more figures being released each year.

And now some of the POP ladies have slipped back into 2017 with the NA humans?

Seems fishy if nothing except 'logistics' has changed!

I hope this means there are a heap of new and additional figures Matty have added to the potential production list that justify this filling out of the line through 2017. 200x King Hiss better be one of the added on figures. I wonder whom else?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    2017?Thats bad Im afraid we have to wait even longer now for some A-list Characters!

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to whether he means by the time 2017 gets here, all the POP characters will have been released, or that 2017 will see the release of the last POP needed to complete all the characters from the vintage line. (Not including variants, I imagine.)
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    If I recall last time we heard of all the vintage MOTU/POP/NA toys released only some of the human NA toys were slotted likely to slip into 2017.

And now some of the POP ladies have slipped back into 2017 with the NA humans?
    The 2017 news was thrilling for a minute, then I saw it from this perspective... I hope it's not true.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    bring in the Girls

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

only 5 months.

Which I think is more than fair...

Considering that so far, (other than sorceress) we already have ALL the Motu female figures... and She-ra/adora... and even Goddess made...
    No, we still don't have a Sorceress.

Whiplash may be a female...

Has anybody stuck their finger in his bumhole to check?

(Sorry, too much Billy the Exterminator LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Gawd I would love to get a peek at the "Masters" list of figures through 2017. I dont understand why they dont publish it and give the disclaimer that this is who we have planned or would like to do if everything goes as planned. How could that hurt and it would stop the constant rumblings about when/if someone is going to be made. It would also open up collector feedback on things we would like to see in a figure. Crazy, but wishful thinking.
    I understand where your coming from, and my need to know almost agrees with you, but I love the thrill of getting figures and awaiting what might come next Like the reveal at Comic Con. Now give me a year or 6 month release schedule would be nice, so I could at least plan to save more money on certain months, like Army Builder months. I need $520 for that month. Which is insane for me. If I am to get my 24 Horde Troopers, my 10 max = $400, plus my double sub $40 for two bonus figures and $80 for 2 packs of Horde Troopers plus shipping is more like $550. More than 3 months notice would be great Mattel!!!

I'm not sure if the question is best asked on another thread, but if they plan on going till 2017 and a movie comes out in say 2014, is anyone willing to support another line of toys when we have invested so much into this one. And will the lack of support due to that fact hurt our beloved line from making it to 2017?
    Last edited by Paul Justice; January 4, 2011 at 11:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    2017... I'm not sure I'll be able to maintain interest until then... Unless the figures are still the same or better quality and without too much of a price hike. But i'm not sure if there are enough characters for me personally to complete a collection of that many figures!
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

Extending the line into 2017 is fantastic news! The more the better...bring 'em on!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New stuff is up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow, February is STACKED!