Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--January 2011

Sooooo glad they're not opting to do a one-piece outfit with bare midriff, over the same old body, on the gals that show a little more.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Updated! Those MOTUC Ads are done with.
    Yeah, I had to ask him, was sorry to hear that!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Sooooo glad they're not opting to do a one-piece outfit with bare midriff, over the same old body, on the gals that show a little more.
    They also said there wasn`t going to be a female 2.0 buck, so I guess any midrift women are now out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    They also said there wasn`t going to be a female 2.0 buck, so I guess any midrift women are now out of the question?
    Did they say that recently? I remember a comment like that a few months back. Sounds like things have changed.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Did they say that recently? I remember a comment like that a few months back. Sounds like things have changed.
    I doubt there's going to be a reengineered "buck 2.0". This would just be the reverse of the Hordak "no-abs" thing - they'd swap the existing, details-free, lower torso for a functionally-identical sculpted piece with stomach-detailing.

It was in a Q n A a few months back, someone asked if they are working on a new female buck and TG said no new buck was going to be done at that time, but that could have changed as well. In order to make Veena they need to make a new midrift buck for sure!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    It was in a Q n A a few months back, someone asked if they are working on a new female buck and TG said no new buck was going to be done at that time, but that could have changed as well. In order to make Veena they need to make a new midrift buck for sure!!
    Three points:
    1. As I said, a new lower torso piece isn't the same thing as a whole buck
    2. They're probably not going to do "BBT" or Veena for a while anyway - there are TM snarls with Veena's name, and there's no sign they're prioritising a Bikini Teela variant or any of the other designs that have a bare midriff
    3. Veena would need a new lower torso for functionality reasons, to have a place to plug her wings in - they probably wouldn't be able to reuse a "BBT" piece for her, or vice-versa, let alone the standard bit.

I'm putting my faith in a certain someone who says Bikini Teela's coming. And judging by the response my "Half-Naked She-Ra" thread got, they would make a bundle on her.