Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Clawful original or 200x style

Petition for Clawful original or 200x style

Before they get started, if they have not already, what is everyone's take on Clawful. Which version would you like to see, the original done in classics, or the 200x done in classics?

Original has He-man's body with Clawful head and claw, while the 200x line has a crab body and look. I much prefer the 200x style, and hope they use Whiplash body, new tool, or make an armor that has the shell on his back somehow. It just seems much more appropriate.

What do all of you think?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I liked the vintage version, but adore the 200X version far more!

and my observation of the recent 'Whiplash' reveal convinces me that the back of the torso sculpt is designed to take 'Additions' eg Buzz-offs wings,Whippy's Tail and Clawfuls Shell! so Im pretty convinced its gonna happen!

I want them to do Clawful in a similar blend to how they did Webby! (My 2nd fave figure so far!)

A
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I grew up with original, so original all the way.

I vote for the original.

Heroic Warrior
    i prefer the vintage style.

they're so different though that it would make sense to make both versions, as with evil-lyn and zodac/k.

p.s. this is a good topic for an actual poll.

While I don't mind 200x one not a bad design...

at this point it's just overwhelmingly obvious, any character that exists as a classic MOTU toy we'll get done like that. At this point in time I'd think it'd look odd to have every character based on the classic toy look except clawful. After they do the classic look who knows they could do a variant or something down the line, if the line goes on long enough.

200X Version!

vintage, classic, the old one, the real deal
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I vote for 80's Clawful, with no hesitation (even though I liked 200x Clawful too) !

It is obvious that MOTUC Clawful will have Whiplash legs and upper arms. They only need to produce is head, claws and accessories (armor and mace). I hope we'll see him produced and released soon.
    Last edited by Spectror; February 20, 2010 at 08:13am.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Hybrid. The designs are not that different once you scale them to the same proportions. I'd like to see the classic design with added scales like Whiplash plus the crab shell on his back. They should also include both a classic and modern style head like they did with Whiplash.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Well you've already seen what Whiplash looks like and since Clawful uses about 90 % of the same parts as him, I believe we know what we'll be getting.

I prefer the vintage look myself so I should be happy.

I grew up with the vintage Clawful so he gets my vote, although a 200X inspired version would be a 'bonus' if he were released...

Filmation style.

Yeah, yeah, I know they don't have the license but this is my favorite version of Clawful by far. I don't even think they'll get to him even if they do get the Filmation rights TBH.

If I had to pick between the two though, I'd go with vintage.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Heroic Warrior
    i hope they give clawful a clip-on shell in the style of BA he-man's and hordak's armors. underneath, he could have the standard male upper torso and his abs could be from whiplash.

200X please. Make it happen.

Original/Classic/Vintage/80's style

However you want to word it!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd sign it but it is not going to happen.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody1898 View Post
    I'd sign it but it is not going to happen.
    I agree. Although I'd prefer a 200X Clawful, MOTUC Clawful is going to be Vintage Clawful. From the front MOTUC seems to be held to the classic look. From the back, anything goes. Maybe he'll get his 200X shell and some gradients from red to caucasian so he won't look like He-Man in disguise.

But will Clawful/Buzz Off really share parts with Whiplash with all those sculpted scales? Or will the 4H sculpt a scaleless Whiplash buck and shoulders?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 20, 2010 at 10:54am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd like a hybrid or two different figures. They are quite different. If they do want to stick to larger scale figures, then I think they could do a full size 200X Clawful later on and put something in the bio explaining his bulk and change.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Vintage, please.

Personally, I want a Filmation style Clawful....*sigh* wish Mattel would get those rights straightened out. Always wanted a Strongarm figure too.

200x but i'd like both heads

I understand the first Clawful would be the vintage one (which I will pass on).

I just hope latter, they will revisit Clawful and make a more 200x accurate one (that still fits in the MOTUC style) since we never got action figure of him. He is one of the few IMHO justifies 2 releases.

It would only take a few parts to set the two apart- like Zodac and Zodak. 200x would need at minimize a different clip on shell, a next extender (like Mer-mans) and head. Everything else could be shared with the Whiplash base. Give him Skelly crotch to simulate the 200x loin cloth.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I like the 200x version the most!
    He is totally awesome imo!
    He should be bigger than the average figure,
    and that would mean a completely new sculpt.

Seeing as how we will still get shared parts figures,
    and with Whiplash we are very close to see a Buzz-Off and Clawful release
    as far as shared parts are concerned,
    I'm sure we'll get the vintage version.
    Maybe at least we'll get a cool 200x head and a big claw that can open and close (without the spring, Just As We Remember! )

I really hope to finally see a Clawful figure as they never made him in 200x (only the statue staction) and he was one of my favorites!
    He is a must have being one of the main core inner circle of Skeletor's Evil Warriors.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I much prefer the 200X style Clawful. Being a beast creature it suits him more to have a more detailed scaley skin and large shell etc. Seeing him looking like a guy in a shell suit like the original will be a bit of a disapointent especially compared with the fantastic staction version.

I personally prefer the 200X version, but I am hoping for a marriage of the two, really. I just don't want him to look like some sort of Mexican Wrestler with a Shellfish Fetish.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!