Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Crossover Possibilities

Personaly I would'nt ever crossover MOTU with Transformers but I would consider the Beast Wars era due to the size, nature and style of the robots.

As with my MOTU vs Visionaries idea i would write into the story that Beastman and Merman couldn't control the animal forms of the Spectral Knights and the Darkling Lords due to the magical nature of there powers.
    Last edited by Coptur; January 7, 2011 at 04:34am.

I wanna see the Powerstar in MOTUC! Blackstar for sure. Bravestarr if they ever get to Rio Blast. I've been watching Bravestarr a lot lately. I never liked it in the 80s, but now I'm really digging it.

i say MOTUC vs The California Raisins.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Heroic Warrior
    how about MOTUC vs Transformers Classics

Super Naturals?

I would like a Wundar vs Thundarr the Barbarian and a Beastman Vs Ookla 2 pack!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    MOTUC vs. Blackstar

MOTUC vs Bravestarr

MOTUC vs. Thundercats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Question-Man View Post
    Agreed I would add a dose of Sectaurs and some Thundarr the Barbarian and im good.
    I agree with phantom1592 as well and you added the 2 that I was going to as well Question-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletrider View Post
    Seconding (or thirding?) the crossover of MOTU and GI Joe. Both were and are my fave toylines (however - only the classic ARAH joes, nothing ****** movie-related, btw).
    If so then I would insist on packaging based on the Joes due to their great paintings on the card (one thing I always missed when it comes to Motu except the vehicles/playsets which had that).
    I agree with everything you said above but I'm still not sure G.I. Joe would fit well with MOTU. I thought pairing them with Transformers was a stretch but I feel that fit better than He-Man. Although, when you consider characters like Zartan & Serpentor(both of who I love), maybe the 2 franchises still have enough in common for a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletrider View Post
    Apart from that a crossbreed of MOTu and Inhumanoids would be great. The Inhumanoids series is so much fun and it would a great chance to re-new the "then-pretty-******" toys which came out for Inhumanoids.
    I can see a direct story in front of me: Skeletor, somehow having come down to earth, and his minions releasing the Inhumanoids from earth's core... MUAHAHAHAHA
    I never watched the Inhumanoids cartoon, read the comic, or had any of the toys, but I always thought the monsters looked cool. They would really look cool paired with MOTU. Unfortunately, since G.I. Joe & Inhumanoids are owned by Mattel's biggest competition, I doubt we'll ever see either crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Crossover I would LOVE to see (other than the DC sets, which, as a die-hard DCU fan, I am loving!):
    Hell yeah!!!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice in MOTUC

In 1992 Mattel released a muscle bound medieval warrior toyline called King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice. I know reaction will probably be 'Keep MOTUC for MOTUC but as some people would like to see Blackstar incorporated King Arty.

Here's my idea

Lord Viper, a rouge Snake Man high in the ranks under the Snake Men's leader King Hsss became hell bent of revenge of the death of his master. One of the last snake men he learn of He-Man and She-Ra's true identity and traveled back in time and space to Earth in the middle ages to kill Gwyniveer - ancestor of Queen Marlena, a human who crashed on earth in the NASA space shuttle.

Only the cosmic enforcers and Overlords of Trolla sensed the change in the space time continuum and sent a warrior, Arthur Pendragon, back in time to capture Viper before he could carry out his revenge. With him he took mentor and Trollan Overlord, Merlin and his Knight of Justice.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, buddy, but no interest in that...

Wasn't that based on the cartoon?

IM all for different toyines crashing into MOTUC... bring em on!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Wasn't that based on the cartoon?
    Yes. It was a cartoon. I think they even had the Slime Pit...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes. It was a cartoon. I think they even had the Slime Pit...
    They did indeed. The Slime Pit is even pictured as part of the line up on the back of the pictures packages. And it still has Hordak's face!!

The only thing I brought from that line was King Author's horse. When I first picked it up it was for my vintage Teela to ride but I think I ended up giving it to King Randor.

The lines were 100% compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    In 1992 Mattel released a muscle bound medieval warrior toyline called King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice. I know reaction will probably be 'Keep MOTUC for MOTUC but as some people would like to see Blackstar incorporated King Arty.

Here's my idea

Lord Viper, a rouge Snake Man high in the ranks under the Snake Men's leader King Hsss became hell bent of revenge of the death of his master. One of the last snake men he learn of He-Man and She-Ra's true identity and traveled back in time and space to Earth in the middle ages to kill Gwyniveer - ancestor of Queen Marlena, a human who crashed on earth in the NASA space shuttle.

Only the cosmic enforcers and Overlords of Trolla sensed the change in the space time continuum and sent a warrior, Arthur Pendragon, back in time to capture Viper before he could carry out his revenge. With him he took mentor and Trollan Overlord, Merlin and his Knight of Justice.
    I'd rather see Remco Warrior Beasts and the Warlord toys in MOTUC, but Mattel has already said that nothing but MOTU will be in the MOTUC style or use those molds. I still wish they'd buy Remco's characters from whoever owns them. King Arthur and the Knights of Justice was far from my preferred version of the Arthur legend. Football players as knights? Not my thing.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 4, 2011 at 09:45pm.

That show was even worse than The Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I'd rather see Mattel releasing a Mo-Lar & Preternia Disguise He-Man two-pack before getting to the Knights of Justice.

I wouldn't object to a Galtar and the Golden Lance MOTUC styled series, now that would be awesome !!!

Nah, I´m all for keep MotUC MotU

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I have the entire line except for the Slime Pit. Just can't bring myself into buying that one when I know it was just a repainted Horde Slime Pit.

The figs looks amazing and perfect with MOTU and all the other 5 1/2 size figs. Got Blackstar and The Warlords, Conan and some of the Warrior Beasts and they all get along together, size-wise anyway!

Anyhoo, if Mattel has the rights for it, why not. That and BraveStarr as well!

Expand the Line, I say! This I command!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    NO. No crossover/crossbrand figures for me !

If they want to do King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice, then they should release new modern figures under this very brand. Not in MOTUC.

Naaaaaaaah

The only other toylike I'd want in motuc is blackstarr.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    King Arthur and the Knights of Justice was far from my preferred version of the Arthur legend. Football players as knights? Not my thing.
    That. Pass.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Let's keep the other toy lines separated. If you want to have He-man and Optimus Prime join forces to stop SKeletor and Megatron, then please by all means enjoy your imagination and have fun.

On the King Arthur, the idea was so so. I had King Arthur and it was a crummy toy. His head looked too cartoony.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I liked King Arthur and the Knights of Justice and The Mystic Knights of Tyr Na Nog.
    But, The Legend of Prince Valiant was a truly epic show!
    Still, I would love to see a team of Knights in MOTUC. That would totally fit into the line
    The Eternian Palace Guards are like King Randor's Knights. It would be cool to see more knights so bring them on!

"The Legend of Prince Valiant" opening video, it has an amazing song:
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

It never got a toy line, but another property that would work with MOTUC would be the Conan cartoon from the 90's, mainly Wrath Amon who looks like you know who.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It never got a toy line, but another property that would work with MOTUC would be the Conan cartoon from the 90's, mainly Wrath Amon who looks like you know who.
    I'm pretty sure that did have a toy line, but it was awful.