Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTUC Crossover Possibilities

I don't remember that cartoon, though generally I'd say Mattel has more than enough source material to draw from to keep this line going strong for a long time to come without incorporating other toy lines. That's even without the Filmation rights.

Movie mayhem!
    any pics of these toys?

Oh wow, there was a toy line. Guess I never saw them in person. They're not that bad for the 90's.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/conan/conan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    I don't remember that cartoon, though generally I'd say Mattel has more than enough source material to draw from to keep this line going strong for a long time to come without incorporating other toy lines. That's even without the Filmation rights.
    I've read the MOTUC boom is fading away, so what better way to bring back MOTUC than King Arthur and football players?
    Last edited by SCB; April 4, 2011 at 04:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have used a few of these old toys to make custom MOTU figures, such as Karg. Cool toys. But no, I wouldn't want them as part of MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    I will admit it's only until today that I saw the toys. Hate the idea of King Arthuer being a football player. But the characters look cool and they were made by Mattel.

I always wanted some of those figures! Never got any back then. Would be cool to find at least one, nowadays.

Anyway, I don't really see the point of adding all sorts of other toylines into this one. We've already got our hands full with ALL of MotU (PoP, NA, etc). Heck, maybe they might even relent on the 200X ban someday and we'll be able to add those designs to the line as well! That's more than enough, though. If Mattel wanted to do some "Mattel Classics" and branch out with a new toyline, I'd be all for it! As it is, though, this is a specific toyline. No need to make other legitimate toylines have to share space with something that is already as large as MotU.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Rather see warlord, bravestar and blackstar crash in!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm pretty sure that did have a toy line, but it was awful.
    If you could get past a happy Conan, I didn't think those toys were that bad. On the other hand, while I haven't seen them since they were first on toy shelves, I thought those Knights Of Justice toys were awful. Maybe I'd like them more now than I used to, but I doubt it since I'm a lot more critical of things than I was 2 decades ago.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 4, 2011 at 10:07pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

How about MOTUC meets Doctor Who?

Honestly, I can just imagine there is a a really cool story to be told with the Tardis landing on Eternia. The Doctor would have to help the Heroic Warriors to defeat one of Skeletor's plans.

Maybe even throw in some Daleks for fun. Wouldn't that be just brilliant?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If you could get past a happy Conan, I didn't think those toys were that bad. On the other hand, while I haven't seen them since they were first on toy shelves, I thought those Knights Of Justice toys were awful. Maybe I'd like them more now than I used tp, but I doubt it since I'm a lot more critical of things than I was 2 decades ago.
    I thought they were disgusting! I'd been looking forward to toys for that show and the ones that came out looked like they were made for six-year-olds. Wrathamon didn't have his cape and couldn't change forms! I refused to buy them with my hard earned lawn mowing money! I thought the Mortal Kombat figures based on the GI Joe molds were better (and I didn't care to buy those either). Actually come to think of it, a lot of figures in the 90s were disappointments. I liked Playmates' WildKATS and Star Trek lines, and Skeletor Warriors was neat to look at. But I wanted better articulation, better sculpts, better colors, all around better figures for Conan. If they'd brought the sculpting that the Mummies Alive line had, I would have been much happier. I still can't get cool movie Thulsa Doom and Valeria, or comics Thoth Ammon and Belit figures come to think of it.

Like you, I know that I'm even pickier now than I was then. If I didn't like them then, forget it. Same goes for Knights of Justice, but I wasn't very taken by the TV show either.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 7, 2011 at 02:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I thought they were disgusting! I'd been looking forward to toys for that show and the ones that came out looked like they were made for six-year-olds. Wrathamon didn't have his cape and could change forms! I refused to buy them with my hard earned lawn mowing money! I thought the Mortal Kombat figures based on the GI Joe molds were better (and I didn't care to buy those either). Actually come to think of it, a lot of figures in the 90s were disappointments. I liked Playmates' WildKATS and Star Trek lines, and Skeletor Warriors was neat to look at. But I wanted better articulation, better sculpts, better colors, all around better figures for Conan. If they'd brought the sculpting that the Mummies Alive line had, I would have been much happier. I still can't get cool movie Thulsa Doom and Valeria, or comics Thoth Ammon and Belit figures come to think of it.

Like you, I know that I'm even pickier now than I was then. If I didn't like them then, forget it. Same goes for Knights of Justice, but I wasn't very taken by the TV show either.
    To be honest, I'm not a big Conan fan. I saw his 2 movies and read a few of his comics from Marvel, but that's it. I never saw the cartoon that those toys were even based on.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i was really hoping for thundercats like the motuc style but were are already going to get them from bandai toys.

black star could work.
    love for Sectaurs to be remade but would like them closer to the tall slender style like the originals.

Dungeons & Dragons 1980's cartoon / MOTUC

Was watching the old 1980's Dungeons & Dragons cartoon and thought these characters would look awesome if given the MOTUC style treatment by Mattel
    in their own action figure line. I'm not sure if Mattel owns this license but it could be a very cool property to obtain. I would love to see He-Man squaring off against a Venger / Skeletor team-up.

Cool idea. I kind of doubt that it will happen, but it would be neat if it did.

Personally, I'm hoping that down the road, some new, generic characters will pop up that look similar to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS characters. And maybe some ROBIN HOOD type characters, too.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Widget
    With the way Hasbro pushing transformers cross-overs into Marvel and Star Wars, I have always been surprised that mattel has not tried:

Masters of the WWE Universe.

WWE guys revamped to the MOTC universe...they are already even in their underwear...just need to add fur.

D&D is owned by Hasbro. Unless Hasbro buys Mattel(which I hope they don't since they already ruined/killed Tonka & Kenner by doing that), Mattel will never have anything to do with D&D.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The MOTUC vs. Thundercats crossover is definitely a given since they came out about the same time and they were possibly the most popular science-meets-sorcery franchises of the 80s. I'd actually like to see MOTUC vs Mortal Kombat considering they have had figures before that are close to MOTUC's scale for MK: Deception. Also with Warner Bros./DC Comics apparently having good relations with Mattel making their toys, it could be very interesting with the new MK coming out this month. It's highly unlikely, but it would still be interesting.

It makes me wonder what He-Man's Heroic Brutality would be.

I don't really care for crossover storylines, but it would be cool to have two-packs where characters from MOTU pair up with characters from the Skeleton Warriors series, as the main characters share a lot of similarities:

He-Man - Prince Lightstar
    Skeletor - Baron Dark
    Teela - Talyn
    Evil-Lyn - Shriek
    Man-At-Arms - Ursak
    Dr. Cyborn - Trap-Jaw