Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Popularity Polls - The Results Countdown!

MOTUC Popularity Polls - The Results Countdown!

I wanted to start this thread at the top of the New Year, but one vital poll hadn't completed...now it has, it's time to unveil...

The MOTUC Popularity Polls Results Countdown!

In 2010, I conducted some polls over at the MOTUC Polls forum...it started as a bit of fun, but turned into some sort of labour of love! Given the fact I had two operations on my shoulder in 2010, I was grateful to have the distraction (and something to get geekily excited about while we wait for more MOTUC reveals!).

So here's the 411 if you didn't know...

There were five/six characters listed in each poll. They started off being a broad representation of MOTU, POP, NA, 200x and cartoon (Filmation and Jetlag) characters, but became more MOTU-heavy as we ran out of characters from other factions. Voters were asked to choose as many from each poll as they wanted to buy/see appear in MOTUC and characters released from September-now were are included. Each poll received as near to 100 votes as possible - in fact, only one didn't reach 100 and only two or three exceeded it. For the ones that exceeded 100, a point was removed for each character per extra voter (it seemed the only fair way to do it) to give an accurate percentage (eg. 80 votes=80% want factor!). In a moment of fleeting madness, I took snapshots of the polls before deleting them - so I even have the proof. Yup, geek through and through.

This countdown isn't a way of saying exactly how popular a character is, but I think it'll give a fair representation of a character's popularity and that of their factions. A character's popularity can increase or decrease based on various factors - at the end of the day, this is a bit of fun.

EDIT: Here's a run-down of who has ranked where so far - flick through the pages to read more about these characters and see accompanying pictures.

1. Horde Trooper (MOTU) (91 votes)
    2. Buzz-Off (MOTU) (89 votes)
    2. Leech (MOTU) (89 votes)
    2. Man-E-Faces (MOTU) (89 votes)
    3. Fisto (MOTU) (88 votes)
    4. Clawful (MOTU) (87 votes)
    4. King Hiss (MOTU) (87 votes)
    4. Kobra Kahn (MOTU) (87 votes)
    4. Spikor (MOTU) (87 votes)
    4. Stinkor (MOTU) (87 votes)
    5. Mosquitor (MOTU) (86 votes)
    6. Sorceress (MOTU) (85 votes)
    7. Sy-Klone (MOTU) (84 votes)
    7. Two-Bad (MOTU) (84 votes)
    8. Mantenna (MOTU) (83 votes)
    9. Catra (POP) (82 votes)
    9. Tung Lashor (MOTU) (82 votes)
    10. Shadow Weaver (Cartoon - Filmation) (81 votes)
    11. Rattlor (MOTU) (80 votes)
    12. Extendar (MOTU) (79 votes)
    12. Granamyr (MOTU) (79 votes)
    12. Grizzlor (MOTU) (79 votes)
    12. Mekaneck (MOTU) (79 votes)
    12. Queen Marlena (MOTU) (79 votes)
    12. Ram-Man (MOTU) (79 votes)
    12. Snake Face (MOTU) (79 votes)
    13. The Faceless One (200x) (78 votes)
    13. Modulok (MOTU) (78 votes)
    13. Ninjor (MOTU) (78 votes)
    14. Sssqueeze (MOTU) (77 votes)
    15. Saurod (MOTU) (75 votes)
    15. Stonedar (MOTU) (75 votes)
    16. Blast-Attak (MOTU) (74 votes)
    16. Glimmer (POP) (74 votes)
    16. Roboto (MOTU) (74 votes)
    16. Rokkon (MOTU) (74 votes)
    17. Bow (POP) (73 votes)
    17. Blade (MOTU) (73 votes)
    17. Gwildor (MOTU) (73 votes)
    17. Jitsu (MOTU) (73 votes)
    18. Dragstor (MOTU) (72 votes)
    18. Rio-Blast (MOTU) (72 votes)
    19. Evilseed (200x) (71 votes)
    20. Eldor (MOTU) (70 votes)
    20. Frosta (POP) (70 votes)
    21. Scorpia (cartoon - Filmation) (69 votes)
    21. Snout Spout (MOTU) (69 votes)
    22. Clamp Champ (MOTU) (66 votes)
    22. Megator (MOTU) (66 votes)
    23. Queen Angella (POP) (65 votes)
    23. Sea Hawk (cartoon - Filmation) (65 votes)
    23. Slush-head (NA) (65 votes)
    24. Kowl (POP) (63 votes)
    24. Multi-Bot (MOTU) (63 votes)
    25. Chief Carnivus (200x) (62 votes)
    25. Karg (movie) (62 votes)
    25. Peekablue (POP) (62 votes)
    26. Demo-Man (concept) (61 votes)
    26. Strongarm (cartoon - Filmation) (61 votes)
    27. Flutterina (POP) (60 votes)
    27. Mermista (POP) (60 votes)
    27. Netossa (POP) (60 votes)
    27. Shokoti (Cartoon - Filmation) (60 votes)
    28. Entrapta (POP) (59 votes)
    28. Hydron (NA) (59 votes)
    28. Loo-Kee (POP) (59 votes)
    28. Vikor (concept) (59 votes)
    29. Castaspella (POP) (57 votes)
    29. Prahvus (200x) (57 votes)
    29. Sweet Bee (POP) (57 votes)
    30. Flogg (NA) (56 votes)
    31. Baddhra (200x) (55 votes)
    31. Double Trouble (POP) (55 votes)
    31. Jewelstar (POP) (55 votes)
    31. Lord Dactys (200x) (55 votes)
    31. Madame Razz & Broom (cartoon - Filmation) (55 votes)
    31. Mara (cartoon - Jetlag/NA) (55 votes)
    31. Tuvar (200x) (55 votes)
    32. Batros (cartoon - Filmation) (54 votes)
    32. Huntara (cartoon - Filmation) (54 votes)
    32. Imp (cartoon - Filmation) (54 votes)
    32. Lizzor (NA) (54 votes)
    32. Spinnerella (POP) (54 votes)
    33. Flipshot (NA) (53 votes)
    33. Light Hope (Cartoon - Filmation) (53 votes)
    33. Octavia (Cartoon - Filmation) (53 votes)
    34. Illumina (200x) (52 votes)
    34. Veena (200x) (52 votes)
    35. Hoove (NA) (51 votes)
    35. Rotar (MOTU) (51 votes)
    36. Calix (200x) (50 votes)
    36. Perfuma (POP) (50 votes)
    36. Starla (POP) (50 votes)
    36. Tallstar (POP) (50 votes)
    36. Uncle Montork (cartoon - Filmation) (50 votes)
    37. Dree-Elle (cartoon - Filmation) (49 votes)
    37. Granita (cartoon - Filmation) (49 votes)
    38. Dylamug (cartoon - Filmation) (48 votes)
    38. Hawk (200x) (48 votes)
    38. Nocturna (NA) (48 votes)
    39. Vizar (NA) (47 votes)
    40. Fang Man (cartoon - Filmation) (46 votes)
    40. Tuskador (NA) (46 votes)
    41. Artilla (NA) (45 votes)
    41. Karatti (NA) (45 votes)
    41. Quake (NA) (45 votes)
    42. Darius (NA) (44 votes)
    42. Dekker (200x) (44 votes)
    42. Hunga the Harpy (cartoon - Filmation) (44 votes)
    42. Kayo (NA) (44 votes)
    42. Sagitar (NA) (44 votes)
    42. Spinwit (NA) (44 votes)
    43. Queen Andreeno (200x) (43 votes)
    44. Crita (cartoon - Jetlag) (42 votes)
    44. Vultak (cartoon - Filmation) (42 votes)
    45. Ceratus (200x) (41 votes)
    45. Staghorn (NA) (41 votes)
    46. Admiral Scurvy (cartoon - Filmation) (40 votes)
    46. Butthead (NA) (40 votes)
    46. Stingrad (200x) (40 votes)
    47. Kulatuk (200x) (38 votes)
    47. The Oracle (200x) (38 votes)
    48. King Taureus (200x) (37 votes)
    48. Melaktha (cartoon - Filmation) (37 votes)
    49. Kittrina (Cartoon - Filmation) (36 votes)
    49. Twistoid (MOTU) (36 votes)
    50. Master Sebrian (Cartoon - Jetlag) (35 votes)
    51. The ABC Giants (200x) (33 votes)
    52. King Ahgo (cartoon - Filmation) (31 votes)
    53. The Scientists of Primus (cartoon - Jetlag) (30 votes)
    54. Sortech (200x) (29 votes)

I'm going to launch into the Top 50 soon - but in the meantime and to whet your appetites, there are four that haven't quite made it...and here they are!

#54: Sortech (200x) (29 votes)

So, the old guy comes in last. The character was given a fairly comprehensive background story in the MYP episode Of Machines and Men, an episode which was also penned by the writer of the original He-Man series bible, Michael Halperin, but if you ask me the episode was blighted by force-feeding the audience some He-Man and Skeletor variants nobody really cared about. In terms of storytelling, the episode has potential - but apparently Sortech didn't capture much interest...

#53: The Scientists of Primus (cartoon - Jetlag) (30 votes)

There are characters that divide opinion in the MOTU mythos and then there are 'the NA Scientists'. Geppel, Alcon, Crax and Meldoc to name them individually were the NA's comic relief. Except sometimes it was a bit much and the 'comedy' stretched the definition of the word. Personally, I'm fond of them and would welcome them in plastic-form in MOTUC, for nostalgia reasons, but I accept why fans unfamiliar with NA aren't so forgiving...

#52: King Ahgo (cartoon - Filmation) (31 votes)

The first of the Filmation characters is a fairly obscure one, but one that I believe fits nicely with MOTUC's 'barbarian' direction. Larry DiTillio created the Trolls of Spicot and Ahgo's their leader. The Trolls are embroiled in a war of prejudice with the human Etherians and offered their support in fighting the Horde. However, the humans' discrimination based on the Trolls looks drove a wedge between the two groups for years. Ahgo helped She-Ra find the Crystal Castle in Filmation's cartoon, but is perhaps not well-known enough to rank higher here.

#51: The ABC Giants (200x) (33 votes)

Azdar, Belzar and Chazdar are villains separate from Skeletor's gang, but who allied themselves with him as part of The Council of Evil. With no ties to our youth - unlike Count Marzo, Evilseed and Webstor who also joined them - the 'ABC' Giants had a challenge on their hands from the get-go. Mattel have a giant buck, what with Tytus having been released, but are the ABC Giants redundant as individual characters? Would you feel obliged to buy all three at a higher price than regular figures? Has that put you off? Either way, these villains just miss out on the Top 50.

Stay tuned...the Top 50 is coming up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scorpia; December 28, 2011 at 07:53am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Looking forward to the ultimate results!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

a Muppet of a man...
    I like this! Can't wait for the next round

awesome work scorpia! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    So far can't argue with the results...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm surprised at King Ahgo and the MYP Giants. I think they'd make great Beast/Oversized figures in MOTUC and they are beasts from the best of both animation eras (Filmation and MYP). I'd still like to have a complete "Council of Evil" from MYP and that includes the giants. Those were some of the best episodes of the entire series imo.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm a bit surprised that Sortech is LAST. I'd buy him before the ABC Giants... but who am I kidding? I'd buy everyone.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    but who am I kidding? I'd buy everyone.
    Who are you kidding?
    Absolutely no one!!

I really don't feel like I'd be interested in either the giants or Sortech.
    But whether or not I'd buy them is yet to be seen.
    My opinions have been swayed in the past.
    Bill :: guitargod694

I would happily buy any of the "losers" listed above...even the Scientists...but barely.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Zargon/Benedict Judas Hel - you were some of the biggest supporters of the polls guys, so it'll be interesting to see how the results reflect your thoughts! I think you both voted in practically every one!

Scotward/tmc1984 - watch this space!

Count Marzo - I imagined Ahgo using the Beast Man body, with a cape that makes him seem bigger than other standard figures. But you've got a point - maybe he could better utilise Gygor's body - he does tower over She-Ra and the others in the cartoon...

bcrduke - I think Sortech would make a good figure to include with a diarama piece and think he'd look pretty cool in the line. There are a couple of older guys in the results who have done a teensy weensy bit better...

guitargod694 - I believe the Four Horsemen would be up to the challenge of Sortech and the giants...they've won people over before so I think you're right - it's best to be open-minded!

Uki - I'm guessing if they sort the rights to Filmation episodes, that gives them automatic access to NA as well... I'm anticipating fans banging at Mattel's door demanding the Scientists as soon as we get the news. Shadow W...who?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

You've done such an impressive job with this campaign. I'd have to agree that I'd be less enthusiastic about buying the ABC giants and Sortech. I totally WANT King Agho, though!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

You obviously put loads of effort in to these polls mate and I'm looking forward to the results.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Great job Scorpia.
    I really enjoyed the polls and am looking forward to the results.
    Thanks for all the hard work!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Count Marzo - I imagined Ahgo using the Beast Man body, with a cape that makes him seem bigger than other standard figures. But you've got a point - maybe he could better utilise Gygor's body - he does tower over She-Ra and the others in the cartoon...
    I'm unsure on the size of Ahgo actually. It does seem like he could be a beast figure, but I don't think he is THAT big in comparison to regular sized characters.

Oh and I didn't vote for Sortech because I didn't know *** it was at all. Turns out it actually looks really cool and would probably make a sweet figure if done right. I'd probably buy it if it looks that cool even though I have no idea what it is or how it fits into MOTU. I like how everything combined is making me warm up to eras I didnt care for as much as the vintage though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Kevenn - ah, another loyal voter and another fan of Ahgo! My friend, we're most definitely on the same wavelength!

13977 - thanks! Glad you could contribute. You've been a part of the community for a fair while and I always apreciate your input.

Woodland Warrior - thanks for the support - keep an eye on the thread as there are some surprises afoot!

County - I'll have to grab an image of Ahgo next to Adora to compare sizes (I think the only one is from Troll's Dream as he stands away from She-Ra in The Crystal Castle). I agree about MOTUC helping us warm to eras - being more of a She-Ra fan, it's actually brought me closer to MOTU in general!

----------

Here we go...

#50: Master Sebrian (cartoon - Jetlag) (35 votes)

The second ole timer in the rundown and we've only just started! And I guess the fewer votes for him and Sortech make the Eternian Old People's Home Playset even less likely?! Sebrian was created as a vital part of the NA toon and was depicted as an elder of the planet Primus. His intricate knowledge of the world around him, coupled with magical powers and mystical wisdom made him an important addition to the He-Man mythos and I hope that he's included in the MOTUC timeline at some stage, particularly if Mattel expand on the story aspects of the line.

#49=: Kittrina (cartoon - Filmation) (36 votes)

A one-shot hero from Filmation's He-Man series, Kittrina became one of the stars of the very first episode of Season Two. Her sassy, sultry attitude is matched by her skill and agility as a warrior - and her flirting with Battle Cat and scathing wit against Webstor makes for some great dialogue and animation! Fans longed for her to be connected to Chief Carnivus when the MYP series was produced and if the rights to Filmation's work become available, this is a distinct possibility. A formidable female ally for Teela - Kittrina puts the purrrr into purrr-fect.

#49=: Twistoid (MOTU) (36 votes)

Tied for 49th place is the first character from the MOTU toyline - Twistoid. Released very late on and very similar to Rotar, his heroic counterpart, Twistoid is a character based very much on his action-feature; an ability to whizz around like a spinning-top. Without much of a backstory (he was one of Skeletor's robot creations), it's difficult to know how he'd be placed in the MOTUC story but if anyone has any other information on this little enigma, I'd like to hear it!

#48=: King Taureus (200x) (37 votes)

If a concept character with no discernable origin like Gygor can be slotted into the line, then I have no doubt that a background character with a mere two non-speaking cameo appearances in the MYP cartoon could as well! Taureus is the leader of what seems to be a race of bulls - so it's just occured to me that Mrs. Taureus would be a cow, which I find quite amusing. He looked a very grand character and a great addition if you're a fan of MOTUC including a wide variety of animal races. Not so much if you're not.

#48=: Melaktha (cartoon - Filmation) (37 votes)

Another draw, Melaktha comes in with a 'want-rating' of 37%! This is a character who connects Eternia's past with its present, although not through magic like the Sorceress or Evil-Lyn, but through documented history. Melaktha is the Royal Archaeologist in Filmation's He-Man cartoon and could add an intriguing new spin on the Powers of Grayskull faction. His design is fairly bland, but this allows him to blend in nicely with the likes of Adam and Adora who also wear plain clothes (despite their royal status). As one of the few black characters to have appeared in MOTU's growing history, Melaktha helps to paint a more culturally diverse picture on Eternia.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scorpia; January 7, 2011 at 04:27pm.

Tied for 49th place is the first character from the MOTU toyline - Twistoid. Released very late on and very similar to Rotar, his heroic counterpart, Twistoid is a character based very much on his action-feature; an ability to whizz around like a spinning-top. Without much of a backstory (he was one of Skeletor's robot creations), it's difficult to know how he'd be placed in the MOTUC story but if anyone has any other information on this little enigma, I'd like to hear it!
    twistoid! definitely one of the 'mystery' characters of motu ... this is going to sound really weird and confusing but, i always saw him as just a 'toy' and not a 'character' if that makes sense? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Benedict Judas Hel - you were some of the biggest supporters of the polls guys, so it'll be interesting to see how the results reflect your thoughts! I think you both voted in practically every one!
    Hmmm...interesting. I've always considered myself a destroyer, not a supporter. I guess there's a first time for everything. It continues to surprise me how many different perceptions of reality there can be among humans.

So, no problemo, Scorpia! Keep snipping away!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

As sad as I am that the polls came to an end, this thread has me excited all over again! This whole project was a lot of fun Scorpia and I really appreciate all the effort you put into it.

#54: Sortech (200x) (29 votes)

#53: The Scientists of Primus (cartoon - Jetlag) (30 votes)

#52: King Ahgo (cartoon - Filmation) (31 votes)

#51: The ABC Giants (200x) (33 votes)
    Of those 4 that didn't make it, I voted for 2 of them. I would have bought The Scientists Of Primus but I can understand people not liking them. I am surprised that King Ahgo did so poorly. I think he'd have made a great looking toy.

I can totally understand Sortech not making it since he was probably my least favorite character out of all of these polls. I didn't vote for The ABC Giants but I'm surprised they didn't do better. I thought they had more fans.

#50: Master Sebrian (cartoon - Jetlag) (35 votes)

#49=: Kittrina (cartoon - Filmation) (36 votes)

#48=: King Taureus (200x) (37 votes)

#48=: Melaktha (cartoon - Filmation) (37 votes)
    King Taureus was the only one of these that I didn't vote for but, since I'm a sucker for animalistic looking creatures, I'm sure I could still be persuaded if his toy was cool looking.

I really wish that Kittrina & Melaktha had scored higher since I really want them. Melaktha isn't exactly popping with an exciting design or cool power but he would add some diversity to the line and I always wanted a toy of him as a kid. I know Kittrina would sell well no matter how some people voted.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; January 8, 2011 at 02:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

tmc1984 - I hear ya - I think most of the figures designed in the 80s after the first wave had their action features in mind, rather than their personalities, origins etc. It's just that the mini-comics, cartoons and books gave them a bit more depth. I don't think Twistoid appeared in anything else... Rotar was given an origin if my memory serves me right - wasn't he an injured soldier, disabled in battle, and given adaptations by Man-At-Arms?

BJH - My eternal snipping will now be forever honoured underneath my avatar.

Mr Shokoti - thanks for your support too! I seem to have become a little obsessed with all things MOTU again because of MOTUC and the polls and our opinions always seem mighty similar! We'll get those Filmation characters brother! Kittrina (I think) was in the very first poll and it took a while for them to gather steam. I agree though, I think she'd sell like hot-cakes, particularly looking at the popularity of Catra and how Carnivus also sold out. Same with Melaktha - actually, most of the Filmation characters have the potential to be massive, but I think people are currently resigned to the fact that Mattel 'can't' make them...

----------

#47=: Kulatuk (200x) (38 votes)

Everyone seems to know this character as 'Kulatuk Elder' as the MYP series defines the race as Kulatuks. Turns out Mattel designed the character when the 200x line came out, for release as a toy. Personally, I wish we'd seen more original toys; not to diss Mattel at all, but I wish they had worked more closely with MYP as I wish they had with Filmation and Jetlag - because those companies came up with some excellent designs that would have made wonderful figures released alongside them. Of course, we're more likely to see 200x figures in MOTUC, so there's a high chance we'll see Kulatuk.

#47=: The Oracle (200x) (38 votes)

Also at #47 is The Oracle - an Orko from the past and potentially the only other Trollan Mattel has legal access to without Filmation...and lower down the list than both Dree-Elle and Uncle Montork... Safe to say that he would be labelled with the Powers of Grayskull sticker, as with Vikor, Goddess and of course King Grayskull, but do you want to see Mattel create original Trollans after The Oracle? Only time will tell if they will, but as things stand, The Oracle is languishing towards the bottom of the list.

tmc1984 - I hear ya - I think most of the figures designed in the 80s after the first wave had their action features in mind, rather than their personalities, origins etc. It's just that the mini-comics, cartoons and books gave them a bit more depth. I don't think Twistoid appeared in anything else... Rotar was given an origin if my memory serves me right - wasn't he an injured soldier, disabled in battle, and given adaptations by Man-At-Arms?
    Since Twistoid was just a robot(based on the mini-comic), I'm surprised Mattel didn't make him look like one of Skeletor's robot knights.

As much as I don't want MOTU/POP to become all grim & gritty with blood & death around every corner(leave that to Hasbro since they seem fond of killing off a lot of their characters in various media), Rotar is proof that Mattel didn't have a problem with a little "grit" in their characters. I had left MOTU by the time he came out but a character who loses his legs in battle only to become a cyborg that spins is a tad disturbing for a children's line imho.

#47=: Kulatuk (200x) (38 votes)

#47=: The Oracle (200x) (38 votes)
    I would love a Kulatuk in toy form. Oracle on the other hand, a big . I love Trollans(and Widgets & Twiggets) but I really disliked MYP's idea that practically every MOTU hero from He-Man to Orko had a similar looking & acting ancestor(I have no love for King Grayskull). Add that to the fact that I hate seeing a Trollan with Andy Rooney's eyebrows wearing MYP's Trollan wardrobe and you end up with a character I want about as little as I want Sortech.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Since Twistoid was just a robot(based on the mini-comic), I'm surprised Mattel didn't make him look like one of Skeletor's robot knights.As much as I don't want MOTU/POP to become all grim & gritty with blood & death around every corner(leave that to Hasbro since they seem fond of killing off a lot of their characters in various media), Rotar is proof that Mattel didn't have a problem with a little "grit" in their characters. I had left MOTU by the time he came out but a character who loses his legs in battle only to become a cyborg that spins is a tad disturbing for a children's line imho.
    I'd have been so pleased if they had released the Robot Knights and I agree about Rotar's origin. It's a step further than Man-At-Arms fixing Mekaneck's neck (and later Fisto's hand) and makes me think that the episode Double-Edged Sword tackled a similar issue a lot better...

----------

#46=: Admiral Scurvy (cartoon - Filmation) (40 votes)

Scurvy is She-Ra's eye-shooting sea-dwelling Horde admiral and until those darn Filmation rights are sorted, Etheria's oceans will be safe from his wicked ways. In the meantime, fans of the Mick-Jagger-meets-a-vampire-like villain can only hope. He'd benefit from a thinner male buck, a similar size to that of the female mold, minus two vital features. I want him and his little vicious pet Squall too.

#46=: Butthead (NA) (40 votes)

The first appearance of a character from the 1989+ He-Man toyline, better known as NA, is Butthead, who was surely the 'butt' of all jokes back then - the cartoon even referred to him as 'BH', probably for fear of offending parents. He's not dissimilar to Ram-Man and is another who relies massively on his action-feature and given that we've barely started on NA, I'm not expecting to see him any time soon.

#46=: Stingrad (200x) (40 votes)

And the last character occupying 47th place is Buzz-Off's second-in-command and the Andreenid's rep in the Eternian Council, Stingrad. He seemed to tower above the others in the series, prompting some fans to suggest he'd be better-suited to a quarterly-beast slot. Alternatively, it might be an opportunity for Mattel to release a male bee-character based on the 200x design, particularly as Classics Buzz-Off is heavy on vintage features.

Last edited by Scorpia; January 10, 2011 at 07:57am.

I'm enjoying the summary countdown Scorpia!

I fear a lack of imagination by fans as crueled Sortech's results. I'd be very happy with a Sortech figure. He's so unique. While it differs from the toon, I'd probably hook Sortech into a new Point Dread in a similar way to how my beloved Grayskull spacesuit is hooked into CG.

IMO Stingrad definitely needs to be a beast/giant character, not just a reuse of normal bee-buck.

Am looking forward to your findings on the general trend of voting broken up by vintage toys / Filmation / NA and POP. It could say interesting things about what interests this cross section of fans.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

#47=: Butthead (NA) (40 votes)

The first appearance of a character from the 1989+ He-Man toyline, better known as NA, is Butthead, who was surely the 'butt' of all jokes back then - the cartoon even referred to him as 'BH', probably for fear of offending parents. He's not dissimilar to Ram-Man and is another who relies massively on his action-feature and given that we've barely started on NA, I'm not expecting to see him any time soon.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...front_full.jpg

I dunno... in the reuse of parts department, I can easilly see a MOTU Butthead making use of Trap-Jaw/Optikk's legs... and personally I'd love to see him sooner than later in the line!

Yup, still no surprises as to the outcomes...

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    #47=: Stingrad (200x) (40 votes)

And the last character occupying 47th place is Buzz-Off's second-in-command and the Andreenid's rep in the Eternian Council, Stingrad. He seemed to tower above the others in the series, prompting some fans to suggest he'd be better-suited to a quarterly-beast slot. Alternatively, it might be an opportunity for Mattel to release a male bee-character based on the 200x design, particularly as Classics Buzz-Off is heavy on vintage features.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...char_23062.jpg
    Ok, now we are talking, Id forgotten him, Let TG and co release him and all the 200X fans will finally get a 200X style Andreenid!

Problem solved! yay!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]