Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i LOVE that tf but alas too bad it is not JOE scale. It IS about the scale of M.A.S.K though.

Hasbro is sitting on a gold mine with a TF/Joe crossover
    I would kill for a line of Cobra vehicles that change into Decepticons. A Megatron/Mass Device, Starscream/Cobra Rattler, Brawl/H.I.S.S.

As a aside, has anyone ever here ever gone to one of the JoeCons? I kinda like the idea but don't know if it's worth it.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Did they ever release the last MASS Device set?
    and if so was it a really impossible to find set or something?

My poor MASS Device is just sitting here coneless.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    Did they ever release the last MASS Device set?
    and if so was it a really impossible to find set or something?

My poor MASS Device is just sitting here coneless.
    They did release it, and YES it was ridiculous to find. I found one at Target, that was it. They never restocked with any more. I wasn't even trying to build the MASS device, either!

....which means I don't need the part that I have. It's the turret and the long peice with the crystal at the end. That what you're missing? It's yours, if you want it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i just got the new poc snake eyes. he's not just the best snake eyes ever. he's the best 3.75" figure ever made.

I haven't purchased a GI Joe since I was a kid, but the POC Joes are swaying me. I think they all look amazing, especially Snake Eyes, Zartan and Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i just got the new poc snake eyes. he's not just the best snake eyes ever. he's the best 3.75" figure ever made.
    He's pretty dang great! Gona work on a review of him next. Only problem I have is that his right hand doesn't hold things as well as i'd like, but it's a really really tiny gripe in a sea of awesome. I don't know how anyone can say that the 3.75 size loses any detail.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    He's pretty dang great! Gona work on a review of him next. Only problem I have is that his right hand doesn't hold things as well as i'd like, but it's a really really tiny gripe in a sea of awesome. I don't know how anyone can say that the 3.75 size loses any detail.
    maybe yours is messed up? i have his uzi (w/ silencer/muzzle!) in his right hand and he holds it well. black sword in his left hand.

the only thing i'm curious about is why they made the right holster for his non-silencer gun...but in the front of that holster is a spot for the silencer (that only goes with the smaller pistol which is very loose in that spot).

Snagged 3 Alley Vipers! Now Firefly has an elite urban assault squad!

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    maybe yours is messed up? i have his uzi (w/ silencer/muzzle!) in his right hand and he holds it well. black sword in his left hand.
    His hand is as good as it can be; it's just one of my personal "things" and hard to explain. He'll hold things just fine, but you won't be able to play with 'em without the sword falling out or some such thing. When you put weapons on the right hand you gotta tilt it slightly to get a good grip, and there's an open space at the bottom of the hand. It's not like some hands in the past that actually couldn't hold things (Cobra Trooper from the 25th line just holds everything out at and angle...) but it's not the iron grip of some of the greats. Heh...it's a really minor thing that is only gona get a slight mention in my review, though. I know folks aren't as nit-picky as I am with holding stuff, and he'll hold things just fine for standard adult posing and display.

the only thing i'm curious about is why they made the right holster for his non-silencer gun...but in the front of that holster is a spot for the silencer (that only goes with the smaller pistol which is very loose in that spot).
    Yeah, I thought that was odd too. I'm glad one of them fits in there snugly, but I was expecting it to be the pistol that takes the silencer. Another very small thing for me, but something that'll get mentioned all the same. The overall presentation is too good to let stuff like that get in the way.

Huge news and reveals coming out of Toy Fair for GI Joe

Zarana SDCC exclusive
    Newly tooled Skystriker and an SDCC exclusive repaint as Starscream w/Cobra Commander and in scale G1 Megatron gun

Rock Viper

Heavy Weapon Iron Grenadier

Crazy Legs

Croc Master

Hawk

Steel Brigade Trooper

Jungle BAT

I think I got it all
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 12, 2011 at 11:10pm.

I hope this year's SDCC exclusives are easier to get than last year's Sgt. Slaughter.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/...-images-10155/
    Last edited by Firefly; February 12, 2011 at 09:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I hope this year's SDCC exclusives are easier to get than last year's Sgt. Slaughter.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/...-images-10155/
    yeah I was AT SDCC last year and never got the variant slaughter. i just want the regular Zarana so i HOPE that version is the normal version.

The skystriker repainted to look like Starcream is a GREAT idea. sure wish it transformed though.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

You can add Storm Shadow, Stalker and Sci-Fi to the list of 30th Anniversary figures. I will add pics very soon

Storm Shadow

Stalker

Sci Fi

Techno Viper

Cobra Trooper

Cobra Viper

Cobra Commander

Blowtorch

GI Joe Renegades
    Snake Eyes & Cobra Commander

Firefly
    Photobucket
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 12, 2011 at 11:17pm.

I thought The Pursuit Of Cobra was going until 2012. Is the 30th Anniversary line replacing that or in addition to that? Everytime I get news about G.I. Joe toys, it always seems so much more complicated to decipher than what we get for MOTUC.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    man Hasbro keeps testing me with cool looking Storm Shadow figures but I took a vow not to buy any more until he was put back on the Joe team where he belongs.

The Starscream plane looks great (if it transformed it would be perfect)

aside from a few new accessories the new Blowtorch doesn't look any different from the 25th anniversary one

Hopefully with the 30th anniversary line we'll finally get a new Jinx figure.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I forgot to post a pic;

Hazard Viper

and here is another one for Techno Viper

I just bought a bunch of RoC Rex "The Doctor" Lewis figures so I could have the nanomite case and canisters. The biohazard ones are so much better

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    NEW TECHNO VIPERS?!?! YESSSS. and the fact that he comes with a cobra pylon is just....... awesome. The Hazard Viper, I think, looks kinda cool also. I hope it paves the way for a new Cesspool figure. He was a really well designed figure especially when you consider that he came from the Eco-Warriors line.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I thought The Pursuit Of Cobra was going until 2012. Is the 30th Anniversary line replacing that or in addition to that? Everytime I get news about G.I. Joe toys, it always seems so much more complicated to decipher than what we get for MOTUC.
    I think they are going to merge the two together along with the 3rd being the Renegades, there were a lot of complaints about the Pursuit of Cobra and the end of the 25th series and during the Toy Fair panel today they said they listened to fans and thus = 30th Anniv primary focus

I actually like the new Renegade figures because they are keeping the tooling of the 25th/30th Anniv but have features that instantly make them recognizable as the cartoon (they also are going to identify them on the cardback so people who dislike them can avoid them).

MUST GET THE SKYSTRIKER!! I so wish they had done that with the Night Raven instead of *******izing it and making it smaller during the Rise of Cobra toy release
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Who would have thought that Hasbro would spend all that money on a newly tooled huge Skystriker? And price it at $30. It is so awesome and I still don't know how I am going to get that bad boy to Australia without being killed in postage.

Hasbro did mention they are going to focus more on the collector with GI Joe now and you can really see that with these new reveals.

There is very few of these new figures that I don't care for but I think I have come back to GI Joe at just the right time.

Techno-Vipers. That was all I needed to see. It's about time! And MAN does that figure rock! I'll take three to possibly replace my old ones! Possibly...those screw-ups are pretty near and dear to my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think they are going to merge the two together along with the 3rd being the Renegades, there were a lot of complaints about the Pursuit of Cobra and the end of the 25th series and during the Toy Fair panel today they said they listened to fans and thus = 30th Anniv primary focus
    Thanks.

I like the look of the POC line but haven't bought any due to all the money I'm spending on MOTUC as well as the fact that it seemed like a temporary line. Does Hasbro use a canon with their toylines anymore(like MOTUC) or do they just release various characters no matter if they are connected by continuity or not?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Thanks.

I like the look of the POC line but haven't bought any due to all the money I'm spending on MOTUC as well as the fact that it seemed like a temporary line. Does Hasbro use a canon with their toylines anymore(like MOTUC) or do they just release various characters no matter if they are connected by continuity or not?
    That is kinda hard to explain, I mean most of the characters have a general origin story and certain allies. It is not like MOTUC or Star Wars which attemps to create some kind of universal story that ties everything together.

They will tailor the file cards for specific lines to reference goings on at the time, but that really does not contradict because you take the line of thinking that "oh well that is Rise of Cobra and not Real American Hero took or Marvel/IDW/DDP Comics"
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is kinda hard to explain, I mean most of the characters have a general origin story and certain allies. It is not like MOTUC or Star Wars which attemps to create some kind of universal story that ties everything together.

They will tailor the file cards for specific lines to reference goings on at the time, but that really does not contradict because you take the line of thinking that "oh well that is Rise of Cobra and not Real American Hero took or Marvel/IDW/DDP Comics"
    I'm kinda spoiled by MOTUC since I really like the idea to bring all the eras together(I may dislike some of smaller details but I appreciate the overall effort). In fact, I originally thought MOTUC was going to be similar to what you say Hasbro is doing; a greatest hits release of various characters without any underlying theme to connect them all. While I may not like their animated design, if we can't get an ongoing RAH reboot, Renegades would be a satisfactory line post POC & the 30 anniversary figures. At least if the cartoon lasts longer than one year that is.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Techno-Vipers. That was all I needed to see. It's about time! And MAN does that figure rock! I'll take three to possibly replace my old ones! Possibly...those screw-ups are pretty near and dear to my heart...
    I knew you would be impressed. I can almost already see the pics of the new guard replacing the old guard

If Hasbro starts releasing more vintage ARAH goodness in the current line then my MOTUC collecting might be slowing down. I will pick up that Skystriker even if I have to pass on a MOTUC figure to afford it.

If Hasbro spent the money to tool the Skystriker, do you think we'll get a Night Boomer as well? They could include the canceled Night Force Falcon.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal