Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    That's pretty cool. Where did you get the actual background environment from?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

2013 SDCC Exclusive GI Joe/Transformer set

Hasbro's 2013 SDCC Exclusive GI Joe/Transformer set: VAMP/Hound and Skystriker/Jetfire

Set includes Baroness with pet Ravage, 3.75" Bludgeon, Snake-Eyes (with Autobot logo), and Blaster (as a boombox) with cassettes.

The set will retail for $99.

Man, I really want that Baroness. She is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Man, I really want that Baroness. She is perfect!
    My thoughts exactly. I bet she won't be cheap on the secondary market though

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I bet she won't be cheap on the secondary market though
    Agreed; best part of that set. A gorgeous figure, which I will never own.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    That's a great set,that Baroness is incredible.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I'm disappointed with this set. Hound, SE, and Bludgeon are pretty meh. I especially have no interest in the billionth Snake Eyes figure. I do admit that Ravage is pretty awesome and is the highlight of the set.

I think that Jetfire is a far better use of the Skystriker mold than Starscream. Bludgeon is neat just for the sake of having a 3 3/4" GI*JOE figure based on a Transformers character. I could live without the rest.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

For those who just want that Baroness, it looks to be the Resolute version painted black with a new head. Unless you're focusing on the face, I'd say look around for the Resolute version; it's been a while, but she wasn't too expensive last time I looked. Black paint is cheap.

I wonder if that Ravage is articulated.

Yay, more Hasbro exclusives I won't be able to get! *sigh* and there's a robotic samurai skeleton as well...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I will be battle the demon that it Hasbro's SDCC line to get this set, for The Baroness of course. She definitely seems to be the fan favorite form the set judging by reactions from Joe fan sites.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I would do horrible things to get my hands on the Baroness/Ravage

Have anyone gotten SDCC 2013 Joe/Transformers exclusive? I'd like to have some feedback or a review from someone who got it
    I'm trying to get one but prices are shocking with international shipping.

I'm trying to get one and there's a thread at miscellaneous marketplace if someone can lend me a hand. Don't know if it was on sale at HTS

This is the only item I'm seeking from new Joe line. I'm getting most of the figures from the vintage line that I wanted (I got Night Force wave 1 and 2 EU Tiger Force figures, I must forget about getting Argen 7 though) and that Sky Striker would suffice for not getting the Matchbox Valkirye from Robotech. It looks way better actually although no transformation
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Harmony Gold is SUING Hasbro over this set!

It's going to become ALOT rarer now!

Courthouse News reports that Harmony Gold, owners of the Robotech IP and by extension Macross in the USA, have filed a complaint that Hasbro's recent SDCC 2013 exclusive G.I. Joe VS Transformers Skystriker Jetfire has infringed on their IP. The action, submitted to the US District Court, seeks injunctive relief and damages from Hasbro.

The action against Hasbro by Harmony Gold originates with the earliest origins of the Autobot Jetfire and the US licensing rights of the series from which his toy originated, Macross. Hasbro in 1984 licensed the VF-1 Valkyrie toy for use in Transformers as Jetfire, while during the same period, Harmony Gold licensed the rights to Macross from Tatsunako, including merchandising rights. This was one reason, in the original Generation 1 Transformers cartoon, for Jetfire featuring a much different design on screen and being phased out of the series early in the second season.

What Harmony Gold alleges is that Hasbro's G.I. Joe VS Transformers Jetfire Skystriker toy infringes upon Harmony Gold's rights to the marketing of Macross, including merchandising rights, outside of Japan, based on the resemblance of the toy to the Veritech VF-1 Valkyrie. They allege that the SDCC exclusive toy has caused, and continues to cause, financial damage to their company. As a result Harmony Gold are seeking the withdrawal of the G.I. Joe VS Transformers Jetfire Skystriker toy from sale, seizure of all remaining stock (including Hasbro to "recall from any person or entity known to them who purchased or received... any unauthorized toys or other products based on [Harmony Gold's] copyrighted works"), Hasbro to pay all profits made on the set to Harmony Gold, in addition to damages, legal fees and "exemplary damages in an amount sufficient amount to punish and make a public example of Hasbro, and deter wrongful conduct in future".

Short version for those who do not wish to read the long wall of text: Harmony Gold is taking action in the courts against Hasbro due to the resemblance of the G.I. Joe VS Transformers Jetfire Skystriker, and what they are seeking is:
    1) Remaining toys to be removed from sale;
    2) Unsold stock to be turned over to them (& a possible recall);
    3) Lots of $ in damages.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

These Dollar General figures are great. Snake Eyes is sweet and I like Cobra Commander a lot more than I thought I would (his arms looked a little wonky in the package). Nice to have black figure stands instead of gray for once.

I hope I don't find the other four
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    Really,so Harmony Gold has no problem with the G1 Jet Fire?I had him as a kid he was a dead on Veritech if I ever saw one.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    If Hasbro had made a full on repro of the original Jetfire, I could see the lawsuit. But the Skystriker is nowhere near the same design as the Robotech jet, just the paint scheme. Sounds more like Harmony Gold needs a quick infusion of cash than anything else, although suing a huge corporation like Hasbro, even if it is having some problems, seems a risky proposition at best.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If Hasbro had made a full on repro of the original Jetfire, I could see the lawsuit. But the Skystriker is nowhere near the same design as the Robotech jet, just the paint scheme. Sounds more like Harmony Gold needs a quick infusion of cash than anything else, although suing a huge corporation like Hasbro, even if it is having some problems, seems a risky proposition at best.
    They have done it before, a few times in fact. This is like the 3rd time and Hasbro should have known better, anyone could have told them this paint scheme was going to be a headache.

For Harmony Gold (I don't agree with it) its more about the principle since they have had this battle out previously in court.

They don't really need the money, the licensing of Robotech provides more than enough. Hell the Robotech Table Top game got funded with well over $1m on Kickstarter about a month ago and they just released a new direct to dvd animated Robotech movie.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback