Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Won't Big Bad be selling both verisons?
    that would be helpful. I don't want to have to spend a fortune but this is Jinx. I HAVE to have her no matter what!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    that would be helpful. I don't want to have to spend a fortune but this is Jinx. I HAVE to have her no matter what!
    Well last year they sold Zarana and Cold Slither Zarana. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same this year.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    More toys & SDCC exclusives (Jinx will be a SDCC exclusive, nerd-rage commence) Oh, and another Joe/TF crossover, Shockwave HISS tank, and it is beautiful1

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/02/03/h...#disqus_thread
    I am fine with this. At least we are getting her. The rage being spewed on Joe boards is WAY worse than when Shadow Weaver was announced. Not every thing can be had at what people deem the price they are willing to pay. Drink a few less starbucks between now and SDCC and anyone can afford her.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am fine with this. At least we are getting her. The rage being spewed on Joe boards is WAY worse than when Shadow Weaver was announced. Not every thing can be had at what people deem the price they are willing to pay. Drink a few less starbucks between now and SDCC and anyone can afford her.
    No, it's more jerk moves pulled by Hasbro/Goldner in mismanaging this line. Unique characters getting shoved to being expensive exclusives while the retail offerings are more variants of characters that have been in stores constantly. I am sick to death of Snake Eyes, he doesn't need 3 or 4 new toys a year, same for Storm shadow and Destro. And no, not everyone can justify spending $50 on a small toy like this, "want it" or not. These are not $50 toys and should not be priced as such.

I couldn't agree more. Besides, this is a 25th anni Style Jinx, not Retailiation, I am sure we will see a figure down the line if the first wave performs well. I guess the same could be said for all expensive exclusives. If you put away a few bucks away a week, even a convention is possible.

Not every thing can be had at what people deem the price they are willing to pay. Drink a few less starbucks between now and SDCC and anyone can afford her.
    I understand that every toy line has it’s outlandish priced exclusives. But with GI*JOE, there are just too many high priced core characters. It would cost more to buy a new run of all the vintage based figures than it would cost to buy all the vintage figures that they’re based on. I just can’t justify buying so many high priced exclusives that cost so much more than their vintage counterparts. I’d rather just collect the originals.

But I do understand the desire to save up and buy a high priced exclusive. I’m saving up now to buy the Botcon exclusive Metalhawk. I’m guessing that he’ll go somewhere between $80-$120 based on the sales of individual figures from past Botcon sets. That’s a lot of money for a figure that would cost $10-$13 at retail. But in this case I can justify it because on top of him being a significant character of importance in the G1 cartoon, the vintage figure costs upwards of around $400.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Looks like Jinx is getting a Retaliation figure in her yellow suit.

edit: also looks like toynews doesn't allow linking to the pics.

Confirmed- Kim Arasikage in yellow suit will be part of wave 4 in September. Kim in classic red suit and unmasked in white suit are SDCC exclusives.

And apparently Hasbro let another name slip away from them and can't call her Jinx.
    Last edited by Lord_Of_Destruction; February 11, 2012 at 04:25pm.

The Joe Colton figure looks pretty cool and has a very good Bruce Willis likeness. The Black Dragon ninja is just awesome
    Last edited by TheFallen; February 11, 2012 at 05:45pm.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2012_...ge.jpg.800.jpg

edit: also looks like toynews doesn't allow linking to the pics.

Confirmed- Kim Arasikage in yellow suit will be part of wave 4 in September. Kim in classic red suit and unmasked in white suit are SDCC exclusives.

And apparently Hasbro let another name slip away from them and can't call her Jinx.
    Did they state that they lost the rights, or maybe she isnt called Jinx in the movie? And they are going that route?? As she is called Jinx in the Comics. And I need all three. So.....whos going to SDCC want to grab me one of each lololol
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    No red no thank you. I'll just either try for the SDCC version or nothing at all.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    The TF12 reveals.......

Probably a 60/40 split. Some real winners but some absolute stinkers.
    I love ninjas but even I think there may be too many....

Why on earth is Roadblock called out as the "Ultimate Ninja Commando" on the back of the 10" figs?
    Why is the Arashikage symbol on EVERYTHING?

** Hasbro stated in the panel that they are not allowed use the name Jinx **

The SDCC TF crossover Shockwave HISS is amazing.

Did anyone see the Night Viper?

Finally!!!!

I'm kind of upset they can't use the name Jinx. Can't they even call her "Agent Jinx" like the last couple figures were?

:sigh: my favorite characters get no respect.

I'm kind of upset they can't use the name Jinx. Can't they even call her "Agent Jinx" like the last couple figures were?

:sigh: my favorite characters get no respect.
    I agree it really bums me out that she is not labeled at Jinx or even Agent Jinx. She is one of only 6 classic joe females and she's lost her name.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

Finally!!!!
    Yeah, he is pretty cool, but that Crimson Guard is awesome. Sadly though, being they are from the fifth wave, they will never make it to stores until they show up at Ross in 2014. Stores will be too littered with the movie crap from the first two waves that only like 5 stores in the entire country will get Wave 3, two stores will get Wave 4, and like I said, Ross will get Wave 5.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I’m sure Hasbro is aware of the demand for Jinx in red. Hasbro will probably wait until after the yellow version has been released at retail to announce a red recolor. IMO, that figure in red would still look better than that GI*JOE fan club monstrosity.

Finally!!!!
    That was my very last vintage ARAH figure I got when I was a kid. I can’t wait to get him.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The parts re-use on the Crimson Guard and Night Vipers is really well done. I'll love to see thoses if theyt do actually make it to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I’m sure Hasbro is aware of the demand for Jinx in red. Hasbro will probably wait until after the yellow version has been released at retail to announce a red recolor. IMO, that figure in red would still look better than that GI*JOE fan club monstrosity.
    I doubt a red retail version is going to happen. That is why there is thr club jinx and the sdcc jinx. Female g I joes don't well enough. The club also consults with Hasbro to make sure they don't produce the same product that the same time. It would also negate those figures being EXCLUSIVE! I can just about guarantee you there won't be a red jinx at retail. I would as shocked if that happened as I would if Mattel went full out this year and made a castle Grayskull for classics. As for the club figure, I think it is a brilliant use of a great figure that was cancelled at retail from the poc line, that would be city strike Scarlett, but I love the GIJCC products.

And as a full supporter of g I joe, even when the product isnt my favorite (i give those things to my army of nephews), I loath when people throw out that something is going to ROSS. Those happened as Target, not Hasbro, did not properly time their product distibution, and the next joe line and isle sets were coming out. As far as I've seen, this joe stuff is far and beyond better than roc; if there is Ross flow down, I expect very little. Sme of the things to end up at Ross were also target only items, not general retail release. I fully expect to get to wave 5 in a movie year.
    Last edited by Southzen; February 12, 2012 at 09:11pm.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    The Joe Colton figure looks pretty cool and has a very good Bruce Willis likeness. The Black Dragon ninja is just awesome
    2nd. About the only thing that would make the Bruce Willis figure any better is a button that you could push so he'd say
    "yippee ki yay mother ******". I think I may be picking up some G.I. Joe toys for the first time in a real long time.
    And that's why they keep making so damn many Snake Eyes!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

It's time for the annual GI Joe March Madness tournament over at Hisstank.com. If you're not familiar, they make a 64 character bracket and vote based on which character you'd most like made in the current 25th/POC style.

They are currently taking nominations. You can nominate a single character or as many as 64! And you can even nominate specific versions of characters (ex Lifeline v2 Tiger Force or Tomax/Xamot in business suits). Good times! Nominations can be posted here.

Here's who made last year's tournament:
    99353d1327188393-g-i-joe-march-madness-returns-toypocalypse-2012-edition-gi-joe-march-madness-.jpg

Seven of the Elite Eight from last year's tournament have since been released or announced!
    Zandar - released - 7-pack
    Thrasher - released - 7-pack
    Lifeline - released - 30th anniversary
    Law & Order - released - 30th anniversary
    Cover Girl (ARAH) - confirmed - subscription
    Jinx - confirmed - subscription, SDCC exclusive
    Big Boa - confirmed - subscription
    Salvo - no release announced

The characters with the most nominations make the field of 64, so get to nominating!

Is there still no word on the 2012 G.I. Joe Subscription? I have received a bunch of emails about their recent troubles processing credit cards, but nothing about the sub. Are they waiting on approval from Hasbro or has it been cancelled?

It stinks that it's Real American Heroes' 30th Anniversary and there's nothing to show for it outside of The Rock's latest opus.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Is there still no word on the 2012 G.I. Joe Subscription? I have received a bunch of emails about their recent troubles processing credit cards, but nothing about the sub. Are they waiting on approval from Hasbro or has it been cancelled?

It stinks that it's Real American Heroes' 30th Anniversary and there's nothing to show for it outside of The Rock's latest opus.
    They just had a credit card hack occur, so it is going to be a while.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...longer-up.html

Looks like there may be more to the sub issue........

That's a shame. I'm not even sure I was going to order it since I haven't collected Joe for awhile, but I might have been convinced due to it being RAH's 30th Anniversary. If the Joe 2 movie line bombs, I hope Hasbro tries a MOTUC-like online toyline rather than keep throwing ideas against the wall to see what sticks.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Toy subscriptions appear to be cursed. I was seriously considering doing the Joe sub, but, after the myriad problems I'm still having with Matty, I'm not getting into anything that has even a chance of turning into a DR-like fiasco. The problems the club has had with the credit cards and the poor way they've handled it has convinced me to wait and see if Big Bad jumps on these, too.

Masters, DCUC and now the Joes, all things I'd planned to subscribe too, all something I'm going to wind up getting somewhere else, if at all.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman