Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 343

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

  1. #276
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...longer-up.html

    Looks like there may be more to the sub issue........
    Nope, just a user jumping the gun.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  2. #277
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,531
    The Hub will begin airing "GI Joe: Sigma 6" in July!

    “Transformers: Animated” and “G.I. Joe: Sigma 6″ Coming to The Hub in July

    With Retaliation and Renegades off the table for awhile, I'm excited for some GI Joe content to be on the air in some form. I never saw this cartoon, so I'll be interested to see how it is.

  3. #278
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,092
    "King ninja Tunnel Rat! King ninja Tunnel Rat!!"

    I love me some Sigma 6!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  4. #279
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,531
    Joecon updates!

    Joecon 2012 exclusives for sale
    Iron Grenadiers Annihilator 3-pack (650 Units)
    Iron Grenadiers Ground Assault 2-Pack (1,000 Units)
    Oktober Guard Attack Helicopter (600 Units)
    Cobra Stealth Paratrooper (500 Units)
    Soviet Convoy Truck with 3 Tops (500 Units)
    Carded Footloose (GIJCC Member Exclusive - 500 Units)


    The Joecon exclusive figure is Darklon



    The Joecon freebie is an Oktober Guard Snarler Cycle



    New ad for the Collectors' Club Subscription (no date announced)



    Better pics of the Joecon figures set


  5. #280
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,022
    Sweet! The October Guard! I've always wanted a set of them especially after they teamed with the Joes to try and stop Cobra from stealing Ivan the Terrible's DNA and fought off aliens in "The Invaders". But where's the movie-dialogue spouting cowboy, Wong?
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 28, 2012 at 02:23pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  6. #281
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,226
    They did a series of 3-packs back around '03-'05 based on the vintage comics with some clever parts re-use - I loved that series as it got me a General Flagg, Kwinn, and complete Oktober Guard. (Plus some more detailed versions of the original team.) That pretty much sated my need for the Guard, but this is pretty cool.

    But who the heck is Iron Bear?

    If I could get Voltar by himself, I'd be tempted, but I have no real need for more figures...what's come out in the 25th-30th line has pretty much done it for me. But the stuff still looks neat.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  7. #282
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,707
    This year's convention figure that I want most is Voltar. When I was I kid, I loved the idea of the Iron Grenadiers and having Destro lead his own organization.

    The Collector's Club is killing me with all the figures I really want like Cover Girl, Big Boa, and even tan Grunt. Those are all figures I'd pay retail price for or even a little more. But there's no way I'll pay a fortune for them. And the last 2 Club exclusives Dial Tone and Footloose will leave a huge hole in my collection but I can't justify paying $40 for one figure worth $8.

    I managed to get 2 Python Patrol Troopers from last years convention for about $25 shipped. That was a deal I was able to justify.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  8. #283
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    But who the heck is Iron Bear?
    He's a new character. The set is named "Operation: Bear Trap" after him...




    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    This year's convention figure that I want most is Voltar. When I was I kid, I loved the idea of the Iron Grenadiers and having Destro lead his own organization.

    The Collector's Club is killing me with all the figures I really want like Cover Girl, Big Boa, and even tan Grunt. Those are all figures I'd pay retail price for or even a little more. But there's no way I'll pay a fortune for them. And the last 2 Club exclusives Dial Tone and Footloose will leave a huge hole in my collection but I can't justify paying $40 for one figure worth $8.

    I managed to get 2 Python Patrol Troopers from last years convention for about $25 shipped. That was a deal I was able to justify.
    Voltar really does look good. Didn't have him as a kid, but always thought he looked cool - all of Destro's people did, really.

    I can't wait for the Club figures. Very happy with the selection. But a date or price would be welcome news.

    That's a good deal for the Python Patrol guys!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Pics of the Joecon exclusives...














  9. #284
    Slave Girl for MOTUC! Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,298
    Why did Hasbro have the need to show off some of their concept stuff? Seeing the concept art for the mutated half snake Cobra Commander and the Royal Guard makes me so sad.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

    Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

    No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

    A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

  10. #285
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Yeah, it is bs that the concept stuff was cancelled figures for the 30th anniversary so they could make figures to a non-existent movie. The Lady Jaye, Tele Viper, Hit & Run, and Snow Serpent are so awesome.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  11. #286
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    There has never been a Joecon where I had wanted all of the exclusives except for this one. They look awesome.

    I wish I could have at least gotten a Darklon. And not owning the October Guard is especially hard. Ha, I'm a poet.

  12. #287
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yeah, it is bs that the concept stuff was cancelled figures for the 30th anniversary so they could make figures to a non-existent movie. The Lady Jaye, Tele Viper, Hit & Run, and Snow Serpent are so awesome.
    ... and that Crimson Guard Immortal & Zartan.

    I don't understand Hasbro. All G.I.Joe revamp was due to 25th Ann line launch. They cut it out for awful ROC figures.
    They launched quite good POC & 30th Ann line, I'd still have preferred them to stick to classic vintage blister, with impossible to find figures (Low Light), and they again cut them off for Retaliation, which except for CC & SS, they look lame.

    Their subscription service is a year delayed and all cool figures are exclusives or dead concepts.
    Don't they have learned something from SW Vintage Collection? They can release new figures within waves mixed with original ARAH desired figures
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  13. #288
    Heroic Warrior Southzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On The Bayou
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Why did Hasbro have the need to show off some of their concept stuff? Seeing the concept art for the mutated half snake Cobra Commander and the Royal Guard makes me so sad.
    Hasbro in the past, as per joecon attendees request, had panels and cases with concepts, canceled figures, and "what could have been stuff" dating back to 2007. As heart breaking as it is, it is cool to see this stuff. Not getting more zombies and seeing the actual production coyote in that case was definitely discussed often on the con floor. Hasbro said, if there is something in the case you really loved, to let them know. Keep in mind that we are getting the drone from the data viper, and he was canceled. Hasbro does listen to the fans. No one is more disappointed those items aren't seeing retail at the moment than Hasbro.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

  14. #289
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,531
    SECOND GIJCC SUBSCRIPTION ANNOUNCED
    At the Collectors' Club Panel, a "Series 2 Club Subscription" was announced. Presumably, it will follow the already announced subscription.

    Three figures were announced for the Series 2 Subscription:
    Dragonsky (Oktober Guard)


    Big Bear (Oktober Guard) and Lt. Falcon (Night Force)



    2013 GIJCC MEMBERSHIP FIGURE ANNOUNCED

    It's the long-awaited... Iceberg!




    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Why did Hasbro have the need to show off some of their concept stuff? Seeing the concept art for the mutated half snake Cobra Commander and the Royal Guard makes me so sad.
    I'd muchmuchmuch rather see the stuff than never know it existed. Pictures are better than nothing, right? Especially when, like Southzen said, enough support online or at cons can still get some of that stuff made!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    There has never been a Joecon where I had wanted all of the exclusives except for this one. They look awesome.

    I wish I could have at least gotten a Darklon. And not owning the October Guard is especially hard. Ha, I'm a poet.
    I know, right? The Darklon and Voltar figures look great, especially with a legion of IGs and Annihilators. That Oktober Guard set could've easily been it's own box set. The repaint of the Snarler was smart. And the Soviet/Cobra/IG convoy truck was a very cool idea as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I don't understand Hasbro. All G.I.Joe revamp was due to 25th Ann line launch. They cut it out for awful ROC figures.They launched quite good POC & 30th Ann line, I'd still have preferred them to stick to classic vintage blister, with impossible to find figures (Low Light), and they again cut them off for Retaliation, which except for CC & SS, they look lame.

    Their subscription service is a year delayed and all cool figures are exclusives or dead concepts.
    Don't they have learned something from SW Vintage Collection? They can release new figures within waves mixed with original ARAH desired figures
    To be fair, Hasbro doesn't run the sub. That's being run completely by FunPub, which owns the GIJCC. When FunPub got hacked and all of their customers' credit card info got stolen at the start of the year, they suddenly had a much bigger problem to deal with than getting the sub out on time. After all, you can't sell a yearly membership, let alone a sub, if you can't take money from customers.

    As far as the 25th and POC/30th lines getting pushed aside, that's what happens in a movie year. Whatever you're doing gets put on the backburner while you focus on the movie tie-ins.

  15. #290
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post

    2013 GIJCC MEMBERSHIP FIGURE ANNOUNCED

    It's the long-awaited... Iceberg!
    http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/...1341095833.jpg
    Darn it! Darn it! Darn it!

    It kills me that most of the new 25th Joes that I really want are exclusives. Iceberg make the 3rd membership figure in a row that I had as a kid and want bad but can't justify shelling out $40 for. I might sell off most of my 25th collection because it is apparent to me that it is actually cheaper to complete a vintage collection.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  16. #291
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I might sell off most of my 25th collection because it is apparent to me that it is actually cheaper to complete a vintage collection.
    As hard as it is to say, that's the way I've gone.
    It is rather impossible to find SDCC 2010 Sgt Slaughter for less than $50 at Ebay, and for that same money, you may be able to get a MOC ARAH 1989, and for $60 you may get someone like 86's MOC Iceberg or some MOC figures from 87' & 88's. Even for that same money or a little bit less, you can also get some Night Force wave 1 figures loose.

    25th Ann brought me back into collecting af's, but I was quite disappointed when it got so hard to get core figures like Dusty, Alpine, Quick Kick or Sgt Slaugther. Top of the iceberg (no pun intended) were 2009 Joe Con Argen 7 figures, which is quite a pride for me to see then made in 25th Ann style, but right now, they are around $100 each, and they are 4
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  17. #292
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Second subscription? Doesn't there have to be a first one first?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I might sell off most of my 25th collection because it is apparent to me that it is actually cheaper to complete a vintage collection.
    I've already looked into doing that. Not because it is cheaper (I have almost everything from the 25th line except the Water Moccassaine), but because I don't have the room anymore, especially the vehicles. Sadly though, they aren't really worth that much, not even to the point where I would at least get what I spent on them back.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  18. #293
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    Hasbro have completely fumbled their way through the 25th Ann and beyond. They are stuck in the "it must be through retail" mindset but they have yet to take advantage of the online community and sell them online. A lot of stories I have read is there a lot of people who buy from BBTS because it is easier than finding them in stores.

    Then you have the GIJCC who could partner with Hasbro and release them on line for them. But speaking of the GIJCC they should not be announcing a second subscription when they haven't even got the first one out. It is already 6 months late.

    Then you have the whole issue with the credit details hack and taking that in to account I would rather Hasbro follow the Matty plan and release the figures themselves.

    I have to pay $88 to be a GIJCC member. I did it this year to be able to get the sub but I am not quite sure if I will do it again next year. If Hasbro doesn't care about non-movie GI Joe then why should I?

  19. #294
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Hasbro have completely fumbled their way through the 25th Ann and beyond. They are stuck in the "it must be through retail" mindset but they have yet to take advantage of the online community and sell them online. A lot of stories I have read is there a lot of people who buy from BBTS because it is easier than finding them in stores.
    Especially some of those POC waves that were gone in a heartbeat. Luckily, I snagged the 2011 Series 3 (Jungle BAT, General Hawk, Blowtorch, Cobra blue shirt, Cobra Commander, Steel Brigade) and 2011 Series 4 (Rock Viper, Crazy Legs, Viper, Iron Grenadier, Snake Eyes Temple Guardian & Croc Master) from BBTS. I don't usually do that, but I was really, really glad I did. At least half of those figures I never saw in stores.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Then you have the GIJCC who could partner with Hasbro and release them on line for them. But speaking of the GIJCC they should not be announcing a second subscription when they haven't even got the first one out. It is already 6 months late.
    This was actually the first thing I thought when I read about the 2nd sub. "How can you be announcing a second one? The first one doesn't even have a start date yet!" I'm excited to get whatever figures we get, but that was definitely a thought that occurred to me too

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Then you have the whole issue with the credit details hack and taking that in to account I would rather Hasbro follow the Matty plan and release the figures themselves.
    And the weird thing is, Hasbro has a decent sales website. It gets overloaded during the SDCC sale, sure, but it's decent site otherwise. Why couldn't HTS just offer the sub? Maybe Hasbro is using the GIJCC sub to test the waters, who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have to pay $88 to be a GIJCC member. I did it this year to be able to get the sub but I am not quite sure if I will do it again next year. If Hasbro doesn't care about non-movie GI Joe then why should I?
    $88? Ugh.

    Also, I saw a rumor that you'll need to be a GIJCC member for the entire length of the subscription. So if the sub runs from November to April and your membership expires in February, you'll have to renew your GIJCC membership to get all of the figures. Haven't seen that confirmed by GIJCC yet - guess they'll have to announce when the sub starts before we worry about it too much

  20. #295
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,706
    Sorry, as much as I love G.i.Joe these things are way overpriced. I really wanted last years Zarana but I can't get myself to pay $50-60 for a 4 inch figure. It's a little ridiculous.

  21. #296
    Heroic Warrior Southzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On The Bayou
    Posts
    634
    All I can say, is that in the future, people who want the stuff but dont want to join the club and can't attend; is to hook up with a golden ticket attendee and share some of the ticket cost.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

  22. #297
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,531
    BBTS put their pre-orders for the two Jinx versions and Shockwave HISS up yesterday.

    Jinx (red) - $34.99
    Jinx (white) - $59.99
    Shockwave HISS - $129.99

    All three sold out within an hour.

  23. #298
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,643
    Has anyone seen Globulus & Pythona sketches from the Concept Vault?
    Man, a 4 figure set with Cobra-La characters (Globulus with detachable lower base or spore or whatever that was, Pythona, Nemesis Enforcer & Soldier) would have rock for the Movie 25th Anniversary!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  24. #299
    Melaktha For MotUC!! adol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Spokane, Wa
    Posts
    3,451
    I LOVE Cobra-La. Yeah, That's right!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

  25. #300
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,022
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    BBTS put their pre-orders for the two Jinx versions and Shockwave HISS up yesterday.

    Jinx (red) - $34.99
    Jinx (white) - $59.99
    Shockwave HISS - $129.99

    All three sold out within an hour.
    Dammit! The Masters of Evil 3-pack is sold out too. My love of MST3K cost me!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •