Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    BBTS put their pre-orders for the two Jinx versions and Shockwave HISS up yesterday.

Jinx (red) - $34.99
    Jinx (white) - $59.99
    Shockwave HISS - $129.99

All three sold out within an hour.
    Oh come on, even the red Jinkx? That is lame. I hate this bs SDCC crap.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Those aren't all that bad of prices; after the initial rush panic settles, that is what the market will probably settle for those items. Recently, I've seen a few Star Strikers sell for about 120-150; considering the month before and 3 months after they were ending at auction for 200+.
    Last edited by Southzen; July 5, 2012 at 02:02pm.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

These exclusives make those from Mattel seem easy to come by & inexpensive(outside of the Art Book that is).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    These exclusives make those from Mattel seem easy to come by & inexpensive(outside of the Art Book that is).
    hasbro also puts some stock on their site after sdcc. it goes MUCH faster than matty's stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    hasbro also puts some stock on their site after sdcc. it goes MUCH faster than matty's stuff though.
    I'm assuming it's either that there are more RAH fans than those of MOTU or Hasbro just makes less of them. Or maybe a little of both. I love RAH but not enough to pay hundreds of dollars for a few 4 inch toys.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm assuming it's either that there are more RAH fans than those of MOTU or Hasbro just makes less of them. Or maybe a little of both. I love RAH but not enough to pay hundreds of dollars for a few 4 inch toys.
    I would say there are more Joe collectors and fans than MOTUC. Just from this year's Joecon, almost all of the items are selling for double or triple their original price. I'd say on production, Hasbro probably makes as many as Mattel or more.

it's probably a bit of both, but i think more that they make fewer of them. i remember a couple years ago the MU Galactus on cardback went in just a couple minutes. i had it in my cart and then hesitated to remember my CC# and by the time i remebered (30 seconds) it was gone.

Well, liked what you saw in the Hasbro case; while waiting for Hasbro to come out with a survey, which is likely long after the hype has drifted and out of people's minds, Justin of Generalsjoes.com has created a very nice and thrurough survey. Knowing the relationship between Hasbro and Justin, I have no doubt that Hasbro WILL be taking a look at this survey poll and the results. Go now and fill it out:
    http://generalsjoes.com/tell-hasbro-...t-case-survey/

2012 Canadian GI Joe Convention exclusives announced!

Three figures and a vehicle...

Code Name: H.A.G.A.R.
    (Heavy Armament Guided Attack Robot)

Code Name: RETROFIT
    Primary Military Specialty : Experimental Weaponry
    Secondary Military Specialty : Electronics
    Birthplace: Berlin, Germany

Code Name: TRACTION
    Primary Military Specialty : HATE SCOUT Driver
    Secondary Military Specialty : Explosives
    Birthplace: Summerside, Prince Edward Island

HATE Scout

The GI Joe Collectors' Club store re-launched today and they have bagged Footloose for sale for $25 and shipping!

Go here http://www.gijoeclub.com and click on the "store" button on the top left.

You need to have a GIJCC membership before you can buy Footloose. They had carded versions for sale as well, but those are now sold out.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    I havent been keeping up with the news but did the GI Joe club ever start up their club where you subscribed and got a figure every other month, or something like that?
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    I havent been keeping up with the news but did the GI Joe club ever start up their club where you subscribed and got a figure every other month, or something like that?
    Not yet. But keep checking joe news blogs and twitter for FSS news. I assume it'll be up in the next month. The club is trying to tie up Botcon/Joecon loose ends AND get the club store back up and running smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Not yet. But keep checking joe news blogs and twitter for FSS news. I assume it'll be up in the next month. The club is trying to tie up Botcon/Joecon loose ends AND get the club store back up and running smoothly.
    With little to no Joe stuff at retail, now would be an excellent time to launch the GI Joe sub. Come on, FSS!

The club has been launched, and it is a bit too rich for my blood, especially since you need to have the $66 membership before you can even order a sub. And if, big IF, their is day of stock, they are $32 a figure PLUS Shipping, and again you must have a membership. Unreal. This club makes Club Eternia look like a cheap walk in the park.

No Dice for me (pun intended).

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Wow, people think Digital River is uniquely crap?? Lot's of people trying to sign up for the figure sub (myself included) can't even log in!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The fact that you have to pay for the sub figures in advance makes it not possible for me to do. I cannot afford to pay for figures upfront. Plus, I really only want Iron Klaw, Covergirl and Dice.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well I ended up grabbing Darklon from eBay. Is anyone else jumping on the re-release Operation Bear Trap preorder?

I am seriously thinking about it. I only really want Voltar and the Oktober Guard so I am still undecided if I want to drop the $400+ on the set.

My brother Powered Convoy had a Dollar General open up near where he lives & he scored Snake Eyes, Duke, Shipwreck,, & Cobra Trooper for me, been a long time since I've had some new Joes in my hands with the drought of 2012, & I love these!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    I was a member of the gijoe collectors club but dropped out after all the credit card hacking business.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Heads up Skystriker fans. I just saw the Skystriker at my local TJ Maxx for $25. I already had one so I passed but it was nice to see at least something GI*JOE related at TJ Maxx this Christmas season. For the last several years we saw 25th Anniversary Joes at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc. during the Christmas shopping season. I really have my hopes up for finding the wave with Lifeline, Sci Fi, and Airtight. I know it's a pipe dream but I can always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Well I ended up grabbing Darklon from eBay. Is anyone else jumping on the re-release Operation Bear Trap preorder?

I am seriously thinking about it. I only really want Voltar and the Oktober Guard so I am still undecided if I want to drop the $400+ on the set.
    I would love Darklon and Voltar. When I was a kid I was all about the Iron Grenadiers. I think I had most of the figures and vehicles. But I just can't shell out what these figures are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    My brother Powered Convoy had a Dollar General open up near where he lives & he scored Snake Eyes, Duke, Shipwreck,, & Cobra Trooper for me, been a long time since I've had some new Joes in my hands with the drought of 2012, & I love these!
    I managed to score these too. I was looking forever and eventually scored them. I passed on the trooper. I was really stoked for that Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and black outfit Cobra Commander because it is a highly underrepresented era in the current line. I only bought Duke with the hopes that I can eventually snag the wave 2 Duke and put the black web gear from the wave 2 Duke on the green outfit wave 1 Duke to make a good Short Fuse custom. Shipwreck was an impulse because I always liked the character even though I don't particularly love that outfit. I'm curious if his mask will work on that internet excl. 7-pack Wet Suit. If it does, I think it would look a little better than the Torpedo mask he comes with.
    Last edited by FAKER II; December 4, 2012 at 10:32am.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I have 2 G.I.Joe figures from Takara Tommy 1985, Scarlett & Tripwire, and I was always amazed that they seem to be of a higher paint app quality than Hasbro Joes. Scarlett has never turned yellow, plastic seems to be harder and both are in excellent shape.

Now, I wanted to look for some more of those Takara Joes but prices are astronomical in comparison with Funskool or even Estrela and Palitoys.
    Does anyone know where to get Takara loose Joes at a reasonal price range?
    Last edited by Rhanen; February 24, 2013 at 10:19am.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Have you tried http://www.yojoe.com forums??
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Now, I wanted to look for some more of those Takara Joes but prices are astronomical in comparison with Funskool or even Estrela and Palitoys.
    Does anyone know where to get Takara loose Joes at a reasonal price range?
    I've been trying to track down a loose Japanese Duke variant (has Grunt style forearms) at a decent price for a while and the few I've found for sale were MOC and cost a fortune. Yet with the Chinese Duke variant (Tiger Force Duke mold) I was able to acquire him loose for pretty cheap and he is in way better condition than the average Duke.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Have you tried http://www.yojoe.com forums??
    Thank you for the tip. I'm not very fond of that forum and never purchased from anyone there. There's a guy that even has a Tiger Force Airtight for sale, which is quite tempting to throw him an offer.

I'd like to check that Chinese Duke. There's the option here in Argentina to get a Major Blud, Storm Shadow and TF Flint in Chinese version, all MOC, but again they are asking a kidney for each of them.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I made a photo dio story featuring Slaughter's Renegades;

Wetwork - A G.I. Joe photo dio story

It has too many pictures to post them all but here is the start;