Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think they are going to merge the two together along with the 3rd being the Renegades, there were a lot of complaints about the Pursuit of Cobra and the end of the 25th series and during the Toy Fair panel today they said they listened to fans and thus = 30th Anniv primary focus
    There's nothing else coming out for G.I. Joe. No movie, so there's nothing else to really worry about other than 30th. Since 25th was so successful, I guess they went back to what worked originally.

I actually like the new Renegade figures because they are keeping the tooling of the 25th/30th Anniv but have features that instantly make them recognizable as the cartoon (they also are going to identify them on the cardback so people who dislike them can avoid them).
    I thought I'd hate them because they would be like the 25th/POC Joes, but the style works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I thought The Pursuit Of Cobra was going until 2012. Is the 30th Anniversary line replacing that or in addition to that? Everytime I get news about G.I. Joe toys, it always seems so much more complicated to decipher than what we get for MOTUC.
    I had this same confusion. I thought that POC was the movie line with more RAH-like designs. Now it seems as though G.I. Joe Classics is back with even more detail!

A great time for G.I. Joe fans!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 13, 2011 at 09:31am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

MUST...HAVE...STORM SHADOW!!!!

I am always amazed at mow much they can make a definitive snake eyes, storm shadow, etc and then come along and blow the last version out of the water.

ALL of those figures are AMAZING!!!

However, STARSCREAM painted SKYSTRIKER!!!!! with CC AND a tiny MEGTRON on gun mode!!!! too bad it is and SDCC exclusive.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

the card backs:

I really like those cardbacks, love how the Renegades fits in enough but still is unique so people know its not part of the "standard" line
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm really liking the look of the Renegades figures.
    Love that Zarana as well, hopefully I'll be able to get hold of one - the 25th was lacking in Dreadnoks, I'm holding out for a new Zandar and Gnawgahyde.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

That Starscream Skystriker is so freakin' bad ass!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    I'm really liking the look of the Renegades figures.
    Love that Zarana as well, hopefully I'll be able to get hold of one - the 25th was lacking in Dreadnoks, I'm holding out for a new Zandar and Gnawgahyde.
    Gnawgahyde is still up there as one of my top figures of ARAH. He is the perfect candidate for the PoC treatment.

I am still so impressed with these new figures.

Are these new cardbacks still considered The Pursuit Of Cobra or is that subtitle over?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Are these new cardbacks still considered The Pursuit Of Cobra or is that subtitle over?
    the way i read it (and i forget where exactly) is that the non-toon figs will be the last of the POC and then they are going into the Renegades figs...which thankfully will make use of the existing templates.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    the way i read it (and i forget where exactly) is that the non-toon figs will be the last of the POC and then they are going into the Renegades figs...which thankfully will make use of the existing templates.
    Thank you!

JOIN THE GROUP...

Thank you!
    forget what i said...

From my understanding, the PoC subtitle has ended. The Joes come on the blue card, the Cobras come on the red card and Renegades come on the animated card. I believe this is just a placeholder until the 30th Anniversary cards are revealed

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    You need a photobucket account. Every pic I have seen you post recently has been a red X

NEW FIGURES REVEALED

Kwinn
    Data Viper
    Zombie Viper
    Lifeline

These figures look so good. Lifeline was my first ever GI Joe and he looks awesome, so much equipment - GI Joe 2011/2012 figures from Joecon

I still wish Hasbro made their lines as simple as MOTUC. They have a bunch of different waves with a bunch of different subheadings. Everytime I look at their G.I. Joe news, I don't know what I'm looking at. Are they Collector Club exclusives, POC, 30th, Renegades, or something new? Will they eventually be cancelled before ever coming out? They are so much better than Mattel at getting their franchises out there(comics, toons, movies, conventions), but the way Hasbro releases toy news always seems like a clusterfudge to me.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 3, 2011 at 04:38am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I understand how you feel, I used to have the same problems with Transformers. Hasbro need to pick a line and stick with it.

One of the promising things is all the figures from all the different sub-headings work well together. They all follow pretty much the same style.

It has been revealed that the SDCC Starscream Skystriker will be $80
    I really want to grab a Skystriker so it looks like I won't be getting the Starscream one as shipping on both will be way too expensive.

These new GI Joes are way better than the 25th/Modern era ones. I have to buy waves online as they are not stocked here after the RoC debacle but they are too good to pass up.

What a Weekend, new MOTUC reveals and new GI Joe reveals. If this is what can be expected at SDCC then I am going to have a heart attack

Is anyone here a GIJCC (GI Joe Collectors Club) member? Is it worth the cost?

I have been looking at some of their 2011 exclusives and I now want a Dial Tone and Steel Cobra. I am sure they will start showing up on ebay soon enough. The loose versions are the ones I want, I have no need for packaging.

I also now want an SDCC Sgt Slaughter. I should spend less time focusing on MOTUC and look at other toylines out there because I am missing everything. Mind you, the secondary market on anything is extreme so I just need to resign myself to paying exhuberant prices for things I really want

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Is anyone here a GIJCC (GI Joe Collectors Club) member? Is it worth the cost?
    I am!

As for the cost, it depends on your situation. If you want to buy a bunch of club exclusives, then yeah the membership fee pays for itself in savings. If not, then maybe it's not worth it. I joined when they were having their December sale and a bunch of their con exclusive single figures were $5 for members

Have they announced if you need a GIJCC membership to get the new 13 figure, 6 month subscription? If you have to be a member to get the sub, there's a reason to sign up (if you're interested in the sub).

The last thing I can think of is if you want the special figure for the year - the club exclusive that you get as part of signing up. My understanding is that it's too late to get Dial Tone, but if you signed up now you'd get next year's figure.
    Last edited by ksensor; April 12, 2011 at 01:46pm.

I have been looking at some of their 2011 exclusives and I now want a Dial Tone and Steel Cobra. I am sure they will start showing up on ebay soon enough.
    Good luck. I want the Steel Cobra too but I' haven't seen him go for less than $80 on the bay and he's been averaging close to $100. Dial Tone is high on my list too. I hope I can get a loose sub incentive version for a good price.

I did manage to pick up 2 Python Troopers for $25 shipped from a guy at Hisstank. I don't think I'll be able to find that good a deal again on anything else from this past 2011 Joecon.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

I did manage to pick up 2 Python Troopers for $25 shipped from a guy at Hisstank. I don't think I'll be able to find that good a deal again on anything else from this past 2011 Joecon.
    That was a great deal.
    I wish I may get 2009 Joe Con exclusives Arg 7 figures, tri-pack Redmack, Shimick & Topson and/or 2-pack Starduster & Manleh, but they're practically unavailable, since they always close to $100 or more when they pop up at Ebay.
    I hope I may get this year SDCC Zarana though.

The only other exclusive I really wish I may have is Big Lob, so I may finally be able to complete the Rawhides rookies alongside Falcon, Jynx, Tunnel Rat, Chuckles & Law & Order.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    IHave they announced if you need a GIJCC membership to get the new 13 figure, 6 month subscription? If you have to be a member to get the sub, there's a reason to sign up (if you're interested in the sub).
    I will probably sign up for the sub. I have a feeling they will release figures of charaters like the White Clown, Magda, Joe Colton from issue 85, etc. I will be disappointed if they go with Tiger Force and Python Patrol repaints.

Good luck. I want the Steel Cobra too but I' haven't seen him go for less than $80 on the bay and he's been averaging close to $100. Dial Tone is high on my list too. I hope I can get a loose sub incentive version for a good price.
    I am also hoping to pick up a loose DT. I only want Steel Cobra because he looks cool. I don't know if that is $80-100 cool though

wake me up when they make a new hydro-viper.

I like all the Python Patrol stuff and the Steel Cobra from this years Joecon, but what I can't figure out is why they chose such arbitrary color patterns for the Mission Brazil Joes. Had the set contained all the Joes in their true Mission Brazil attire, then I would have shelled out for the whole set (even if it meant sacrificing some MOTUC). I want a true Mission Brazil Dial Tone more than the 1st version.

Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have pretty much every vintage figure, and I love the classic line, comics, toon, etc.

I have the bulk of the SpyTroops/Valor vs. Venom, but really kind of wish I hadn't bought them. (Actually, if anyone is looking for any, let me know!)

The 25th line was great, and I did get most of them, and I did get the main characters of the movie, but I think I've pretty much reached my G.I. Joe threshold. The only thing I've bought since the 25th/initial movie stuff is Low-Light (who is incredibly awesome, by the way.)

Since my favorite character, Sci-Fi, is finally getting a release, I'm getting that one come hell or high water, and I will likely try to pick up Lifeline, Zarana, and the Techno-Viper. (And a 25th Alpine, if I can locate one for a reasonable price), and then I will probably consider myself 'retired' from G.I. Joe. There's nothing else I'd really want to see get made.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I will probably sign up for the sub. I have a feeling they will release figures of charaters like the White Clown, Magda, Joe Colton from issue 85, etc. I will be disappointed if they go with Tiger Force and Python Patrol repaints.
    They've done so much PP/TF stuff lately, I don't think you have to worry about that too much.

I think it's really likely that we'll get figures that were slated for release then scrapped for whatever reason. That's the case with the Nano BAT and Quarrel. So I wouldn't be shocked to see Jungle Assault Cobra Commander or Alpine & Desert Scorpion (who were going to come with mech suits that were canceled).

I'd love one of the months to be White Clown & Magda!!! That'd be awesome! We could definitely use an updated Joe Colton as well.

I like all the Python Patrol stuff and the Steel Cobra from this years Joecon, but what I can't figure out is why they chose such arbitrary color patterns for the Mission Brazil Joes. Had the set contained all the Joes in their true Mission Brazil attire, then I would have shelled out for the whole set (even if it meant sacrificing some MOTUC). I want a true Mission Brazil Dial Tone more than the 1st version.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1302619380
    Funny I had the mission brazil set,yet all I remember were the funky recolors and that cheesy cassette tape. Also I never owned footloose as a kid,so ii never new about claymore basically being a frankensteined joe using footloose's head. But my favorite figure of the set was the dialtone

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    Funny I had the mission brazil set,yet all I remember were the funky recolors and that cheesy cassette tape. Also I never owned footloose as a kid,so ii never new about claymore basically being a frankensteined joe using footloose's head. But my favorite figure of the set was the dialtone
    I wanted the set so bad when I was a kid but I never got it. A friend of mine had it and I played with his Dial Tone just about every time I went over to his house. I've managed to pick up a vintage Mission Brazil Dial Tone and Claymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I have pretty much every vintage figure, and I love the classic line, comics, toon, etc....

...and I will likely try to pick up Lifeline, Zarana, and the Techno-Viper. (And a 25th Alpine, if I can locate one for a reasonable price), and then I will probably consider myself 'retired' from G.I. Joe. There's nothing else I'd really want to see get made.
    I feel pretty much the same.
    I like PoC figures that are practically a continuation of 25th Ann since they are updated version of vintage figures. As far I have seen, I like Cobra Trooper, Low Light, Sci-Fi, Techno Viper, Lifeline and some other.

Although I find quite unappealing updates such as Hawk, Rock Viper or Iron Grenadier. They are nice military figures, but they seem to lack some sort of spirit.

I also liked what I've seen about Renegades figures, specially Snake Eyes & Duke, which are only based on the characters design, but not on the style. I hope I may be able to get them, since I'm still bleeding for seeing quite as Mission:Impossible to get Resolute's pack.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread