Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

I am loving the new figures that are coming out. I am really excited for a Kwinn figure in his classic 1982/83 look. Looks like the skull knecklace is removable. I am also really happy to see and classic Zarana and a Cold Slither Zarana.
    I hope Hasbro never stops this line because it looks like that have hit gold. From the articulation to the detail in the weapons it's like the Hot Toys of 1/18 scale.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Although I find quite unappealing updates such as Hawk, Rock Viper or Iron Grenadier. They are nice military figures, but they seem to lack some sort of spirit.
    I felt the same way about Hawk until I realised that I can use him as an updated/PoC Green Shirt. Now I think the figure is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I am loving the new figures that are coming out. I am really excited for a Kwinn figure in his classic 1982/83 look. Looks like the skull knecklace is removable. I am also really happy to see and classic Zarana and a Cold Slither Zarana.
    I hope Hasbro never stops this line because it looks like that have hit gold. From the articulation to the detail in the weapons it's like the Hot Toys of 1/18 scale.
    I spent most of the 80's as a GI Joe collector. They were my favourite toys out of everything I owned. GI Joe was what originally got me into comics and what got me back in to toy collecting as an adult. SO these new figures coming out have me so excited. I can't believe how cool they look and how deep in the mythos they are delving to give us figures like Kwinn.

I am very happy to be a GI Joe fan and collector again. I hope Hasbro can keep this up or atleast the GI Joe club can keep it going during the movieverse

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I felt the same way about Hawk until I realised that I can use him as an updated/PoC Green Shirt. Now I think the figure is awesome

I spent most of the 80's as a GI Joe collector. They were my favourite toys out of everything I owned. GI Joe was what originally got me into comics and what got me back in to toy collecting as an adult. SO these new figures coming out have me so excited. I can't believe how cool they look and how deep in the mythos they are delving to give us figures like Kwinn.

I am very happy to be a GI Joe fan and collector again. I hope Hasbro can keep this up or atleast the GI Joe club can keep it going during the movieverse

You hit the nail on the head. I loved G.I.Joe as a kid and even though He-Man, Star Wars and Transformers had their place the RAH stood above the the rest in my book. I couldn't get enough and now it seems like Hasbro is putting a lot of time and energy into keeping this line as great as ever.

With the Starscream Sky Striker maybe a Hound Jeep or Prime truck may be in the future.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    With the Starscream Sky Striker maybe a Hound Jeep or Prime truck may be in the future.
    Don't say that, I am still having nightmares about the Starscream Skystriker and the shipping costs to get it here

Although, I am pretty sure Optimus Prime has been portrayed as the Rolling Thunder so that is a possibilty

Yeah, I think you're right on Prime. If they made a current Rolling Thunder and not just a repro of the original one from 1988 then that would be a sight to behold and made up to look like Prime than that would be truely awesome.
    Until now.

GI Joe 2: Cobra Strikes

The sequel is scheduled to start filming on August 1st of this year, tentatively planned for New Orleans. Paramount has it penciled in for an August 12th, 2012 debut at the box office! What a great way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the 3 3/4 toy line

The current title of the sequel is GI Joe 2: Cobra Strikes. I like it! And the script was written by the guys who wrote Zombieland, so that sounds pretty cool to me!

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2011/04/gi_joe_sequel_gets_a_title_and.html

I love the title but I still don't like it that it doesn't sound like it will be a true sequel. I liked the first movie even though a lot of people didn't, but either reboot the series or make a sequel. Based on what I've read, it seems like they're doing a little of both.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

i am a lot more positive minded about the sequel of GI Joe.

I actually really like the title a lot. It also makes sense in the terms of the first movie's title and plot(with CC being captured)
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

New 7-packs announced at NYCC: Dreadnoks & Slaughter's Marauders - BBTS exclusives

The new GI Joe 7-packs were unveiled last night at NYCC...

Dreadnoks
    Zandar
    Zanya
    Burn Out
    Zanzibar
    Road Pig
    Thunder (aka Thrasher)
    Gnaw (aka Gnawgahyde)

Slaughter's Marauders
    Low Light (SM colors)
    Barbecue (SM colors)
    Spirit (SM colors)
    Falcon (SM colors)
    Red Dog
    Mercenary (aka Mercer)
    Bull (aka Taurus)

Both packs will be BigBadToyStore exclusives.
    Pictures are here at the Hisstank.

I love that we're finally getting the rest of the Dreadnoks! Especially Zandar, who was the first GI Joe figure I ever got as a kid. The Marauders are cool too. I'm surprised they mixed the Marauders figures in with the characters from the movie 3-pack (plus Falcon). Probably figured there'd be too much whining if they made a 7-pack of repaints, even if that's what the original SM was

These 7 packs are quite a bit more impressive than the previous ones. These have a lot of new heads and new parts, so it really feels like the characters and not just quick slap-together frankenstein figures. Granted, the Marauders one is mostly repaints, but they're GOOD repaints that don't stick that close to the originals (and Spirit is WORLDS better with his new look).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

These 7 packs are quite impressive. I love Gnawgahyde and Road Pig. Mercer looks dead on and I like the stylistic choice they made for Spirit.
    Until now.

If I was going to finish up collecting GI Joe then these two 7 packs would be the way to go.

Road Pig and Gnawgahyde were two of my most requested figures. I will be preordering both sets as soon as they are listed on BBTS.

I wish I didn't pass on Zarana now

I wish I didn't pass on Zarana now
    Even if she was just a repaint, I find it asinine that Zarana wasn't included in that pack. I passed on her since I'm not currently collecting G.I. Joe & heard that Hasbro is often worse than Mattel when it comes to getting their convention exclusives, but I'd try to get that box set if the entire Zartan family was included.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

They're up for presale now! Go go go go!

They're listed on the main page of BBTS... (can't post a link b/c of Org rules)

$50 for each set (plus $2 for "collector's grade")
    $90 for the pair (plus $4 for "collector's grade")

or...

$125 for the pair and both Resolute 7-packs (plus $8 for "collector's grade")

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even if she was just a repaint, I find it asinine that Zarana wasn't included in that pack. I passed on her since I'm not currently collecting G.I. Joe & heard that Hasbro is often worse than Mattel when it comes to getting their convention exclusives, but I'd try to get that box set if the entire Zartan family was included.
    I know what you mean but I just found plenty of Zaranas on eBay so that is taken care of

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    They're up for presale now! Go go go go!

They're listed on the main page of BBTS... (can't post a link b/c of Org rules)

$50 for each set (plus $2 for "collector's grade")
    $90 for the pair (plus $4 for "collector's grade")

or...

$125 for the pair and both Resolute 7-packs (plus $8 for "collector's grade")
    I have preordered both sets. I am not missing out on these

And for those of you interested in the Collector's Club subscription...

I'm so happy right now! Dreadnoks coming out of my ears, an awesome Marauders set, an excuse to pick up the (heavily discounted) Resolute sets... and now we find out that Topside is the sub exclusive!

I like getting the three renegades; the rest of that pack out is kind of meh. I was never huge on the mauraders deco, and that still carries on. Sometimes the new sculpts and such change that, but not this time. Now the Noks pack, OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN, I am a happy man.

I believe there was a discussion about future GI Joe and TF cross overs; the Skystriker was hard enough to get the Transformers department to work on and allow. I for dang certain, that I wouldn't hold your breath for anything further.

What are the GI Joe Club figures in the subscription?

I don't pay much attention to the club because of the crappy international shipping costs associated with buying their figures

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    If I can just get my hands on Sci-Fi, Lifeline, Airtight and Techno-Viper I'll be a happy camper.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    If I can just get my hands on Sci-Fi, Lifeline, Airtight and Techno-Viper I'll be a happy camper.
    Tell me about it! Sci-Fi and Lifeline were two of my favorite Joes growing up and Techno-Vipers always looked cool to me. The updates of those figures look incredible. I can't wait!

What are the GI Joe Club figures in the subscription?
    So far, they've announced 3 of the 13...
    Nano-Bat (with undamaged head and chestplate)
    Quarrel (based on this figure: http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/quarrel.shtml)
    Topside (based on this figure: http://www.yojoe.com/action/90/topside.shtml)

Last edited by ksensor; October 13, 2011 at 05:12pm.

Thanks ksensor.

I know about Quarrel and Nano-Bat, I thought the rest of the line up had already been revealed. I remember reading about a list that was leaked or something and IU was hoping it had been confirmed.

I am still not sure about the GIJCC subscription. The two figures shown don't wow me enough to commit

The club figures so far do not impress me enough to get it.

The dreadnok pack is great!

The marauder pack is alright. I think it would have been better if they would have made it a movie pack and put in jinx big lob and maybe pythona instead of BBQ and low light and spirit.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Yeah, I can't afford a second sub since I have the MotUC sub, but all I want so far is that Nano BAT, and I've got a friend getting the sub that doesn't want that figure, so I'm set!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I agree KK. The repaints are just poor. I am only buying the Joe pack for the Renegades. Mind you, Gnawgahyde's gun is worthless so I might give him the Low Light gun

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the 7-packs they're putting out.

You simply can't go wrong with a Dreadnok pack.

And as a big fan of the Sarge in G.I. Joe, I'm thrilled to see the Renegades, Falcon and some Marauders repaints.

Too bad that both Slaughter and Zarana themselves have been exclusives these last couple of years. They're like the missing piece of the puzzle that I really don't want to shell out huge amounts for.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!