Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Dreadnoks just made me come out of Joe collecting retirement!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

WEEELLLL...I broke down and preordered the packs. What the heck. I like the repaints, and the new guys are all pretty cool and new to me, since I didn't have any Dreadnoks back in the day.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    WEEELLLL...I broke down and preordered the packs. What the heck. I like the repaints, and the new guys are all pretty cool and new to me, since I didn't have any Dreadnoks back in the day.
    I will anxiously await your reviews.

I am about 2 waves behind on my collection and unfortunately one of those waves were army builder heavy so it is very costly. We don't have GI Joe on the shelves here so everything I get is online

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even if she was just a repaint, I find it asinine that Zarana wasn't included in that pack. I passed on her since I'm not currently collecting G.I. Joe & heard that Hasbro is often worse than Mattel when it comes to getting their convention exclusives, but I'd try to get that box set if the entire Zartan family was included.
    Me too. Also that doesn't look like classic Zanzibar, which is what I would want. They can only lure me back with absolutely faithful classic designs, and characters I loved like Dr. Mindbender and Serpentor (also fond of Voltar, Darklon and the Cobra Overlord but again with extremely faithful classic designs).

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Thanks ksensor.

I know about Quarrel and Nano-Bat, I thought the rest of the line up had already been revealed. I remember reading about a list that was leaked or something and IU was hoping it had been confirmed.
    Sure thing Yeah, no new figures revealed. I saw a list that looked pretty reasonable at one point, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro is still trying to lock down which figures they want to have in the 2012 movie toy line. The full list is prolly still a little in flux.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    The marauder pack is alright. I think it would have been better if they would have made it a movie pack and put in jinx big lob and maybe pythona instead of BBQ and low light and spirit.
    A lot of people thought they'd go with the two vintage movie three-packs (Cobra-La & Slaughter's guys) and Pythona for a 7-pack. Or a movie pack, like you mentioned, with Chuckles, Tunnel Rat, Big Lob, Jinx, Falcon, Law & Order and, oh I don't know, Sgt. Slaughter! But Chuckles was in the AOCI 7-pack and TR was in a ROC 2-pack and a comic pack. And apparently WWE is pretty touchy about Hasbro making Slaughter figures. A mix of good and bad guys from the movie would've been fun for sure. It's a travesty that we don't have a Jinx yet... and we've never gotten a Pythona!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Too bad that both Slaughter and Zarana themselves have been exclusives these last couple of years. They're like the missing piece of the puzzle that I really don't want to shell out huge amounts for.
    I know what you mean. Those two as the last 2 SDCC exclusives, then getting these two 7-packs really drives home that a lot of collectors haven't been able to track them down (for reasonable prices). Zarana's about $30-40 on eBay, but good luck getting a Slaughter for close to that!

Yeah, I can't afford a second sub since I have the MotUC sub, but all I want so far is that Nano BAT, and I've got a friend getting the sub that doesn't want that figure, so I'm set!
    Nice! I think I read that they plan on selling the figures individually as well, just in limited numbers. Pretty much like MOTUC. They've even got the 13th "sub exclusive" figure to get people to buy the sub.

I will anxiously await your reviews.

I am about 2 waves behind on my collection and unfortunately one of those waves were army builder heavy so it is very costly. We don't have GI Joe on the shelves here so everything I get is online
    I had that problem until recently! It's nice to find everything all the sudden...but MAN I hate dropping all that cash so close to each other. I got two Troopers, two Vipers, and two Steel Brigade, then I got Renegades Firefly, Duke, Cobra Commander, and Snake Eyes. WHEW! Lots to review...

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Nice! I think I read that they plan on selling the figures individually as well, just in limited numbers. Pretty much like MOTUC. They've even got the 13th "sub exclusive" figure to get people to buy the sub.
    Yeah, I figured they would, but thier prices are INSANE. I mean, they make sense for limited run type figures, but they're still outta my range unless I REALLY want 'em. I doubt they'll be able to draw me in with much more, though a BAT is always a good bait to use when trying to catch the 'ol Alexx fish.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    Dreadnoks just made me come out of Joe collecting retirement!
    Same here. I sold my 25th Anniv. Joes when I moved last year. But this Dreadnok pack really makes me want to track down the Zartan, Zarana, Monkey Wrench, Ripper, Torch, and Buzzer to fill out the ranks.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

those are nice looking toys, but i'm gonna pass. i only want two multi-packs: cold slither and a set of PSA kids. the first one sounds possible, if unlikely, but i know hasbro is never going to do the second one. the only single figure i want is an updated hydro-viper. all the other characters i really like have been made.

Club Subscription Figure: Topside!

Image just released from the Collectors' Club:

Also from the Club:
    "We are almost ready! We will be sending out full information on our ALL-NEW G.I. Joe Figure Subscription service in near future, but in the meantime, we want to give you another FIRST LOOK at one of the figures... G.I. Joe Navy Security: TOPSIDE! He is making his debut here today AND this weekend at the New York Comic Con!

Each figure will be packaged on a 25th Anniversary style blister card. TOPSIDE will ship with another figure still to be announced. This figure, plus the other 11 subscription figures, will only be available through the GIJCC Figure Subscription Service from the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. As an added bonus, when you complete the six month subscription, you will receive a FREE bonus (secret) 13th figure.

Note: This Subscription Service is an additional option as a club member and is not included with your club membership fee."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even if she was just a repaint, I find it asinine that Zarana wasn't included in that pack.
    I completely agree. Zanzibar redesign and the inclusion of Burn Out who I don't know a thing about makes it quite meh. Trasher does not look too cool either opposite to Gwnahyde & Road Pig who look awesome.

And for those of you interested in the Collector's Club subscription...
    What are the GI Joe Club figures in the subscription?
    I don't pay much attention to the club because of the crappy international shipping costs associated with buying their figures
    Has the subscription been available already? I just get to know that in order to apply for the subscription, you have to be an officer member, and that roughly costs $88 already for international fans; so if then we have to add the cost of the figures and shipping, it would be completely unaffordable for me.
    Pity
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Has the subscription been available already?
    Nope, they haven't made the sub available for order yet. I don't think they've given us an idea what the timeline is for when it'll be available.

I was really looking forward to getting some G.I. Joe again(I skipped the 25th Anniversary line due to it being impossible to track most of them down outside of Ebay) with the new Subscription and the 30th Anniversary line. I unfortunately think I'm going to wait this one out as well. It looks like the Sub is just for variants or lesser known characters(I originally thought Hasbro was going to do the sub themselves) while the retail line is a glorified continuation of the 25th line, the movie line, and a dumping ground for the canceled cartoon(which wasn't half bad imo). I guess there's only so much you can do with the Joes and the collectors for it seem to be more hardcore than say MOTU(meaning most of you already have the characters I was hoping would be in the 30th line), but I was hoping for a reboot of some sort either in canon or offering characters that had already been released 5 years ago.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Image just released from the Collectors' Club:

http://www.mastercollector.com/fcked...opsideFweb.jpg

Also from the Club:
    "We are almost ready! We will be sending out full information on our ALL-NEW G.I. Joe Figure Subscription service in near future, but in the meantime, we want to give you another FIRST LOOK at one of the figures... G.I. Joe Navy Security: TOPSIDE! He is making his debut here today AND this weekend at the New York Comic Con!

Each figure will be packaged on a 25th Anniversary style blister card. TOPSIDE will ship with another figure still to be announced. This figure, plus the other 11 subscription figures, will only be available through the GIJCC Figure Subscription Service from the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. As an added bonus, when you complete the six month subscription, you will receive a FREE bonus (secret) 13th figure.

Note: This Subscription Service is an additional option as a club member and is not included with your club membership fee."
    I was not a fan of the first two reveals but Topside looks pretty good. I might have to think about getting a sub or two if the other figures are going to look good.

I actually thought Topside was going to be the 13th secret figure. Does anyone have the leaked list? Is Topside on the list?

Possible spoilers...

I actually thought Topside was going to be the 13th secret figure. Does anyone have the leaked list? Is Topside on the list?
    Back on August 16th, "Stormtrooper53" posted a supposedly leaked subscription lineup on JoeCustoms.com: third post from the bottom.

The "leak" read as follows (highlight the text to read):
    I'm just going off "a friend who knows a guy who knows a guy info" here, so I can't speak as to the accuracy of the information but: some of you might want to get topside on this subscription, cover your girs in a big boa, don't even BAT an eyelash for a "nano" second. Not to jinx things, but some of you may do a barrel roll once MC releases the rest of the characters from their iron claws. It may be a sure fire thing, but then again it may be no dice. Don't grunt when they tan your hide.

uh...TNT

So, that'd make the leaked list:
    1 Quarrel
    2 Nano-Bat
    3 Topside
    4 Dice
    5 Iron Klaw
    6 Jinx
    7 Barrel Roll
    8 Sure Fire
    9 Grunt (tan)
    10 Cover Girl
    11 Big Boa
    12 TNT
    13 ???

If that list turns out to be true, I'm going to flip out over #4, 6, and 11. I think 5 is a nice nod as well. Who am I kidding, I love 'em all!

Thanks again ksensor.

#4, #6 and #11 are the selling point for me if I am to jump on this. Some of the others are pretty good additions. #12 is a throw away spot.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I'm glad they finally made a Zanya even if i have to buy a seven pack to get her (honestly the Drednock pack is full of cool looking figures)

NOW WHERE'S MY FIREWALL FIGURE???!!!!!!??????????

Are the sub figures only available through the sub? Not sure I want them all (unlike MOTU I'm not a completest for GI Joe)

Really hope Jinx is coming. She's my all time favorite character. I've been wanting one in the anniversary style. I do wonder what outfit she'll have. I'm hoping for her original red outfit but with an unmasked head.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I'm glad they finally made a Zanya even if i have to buy a seven pack to get her (honestly the Drednock pack is full of cool looking figures)

NOW WHERE'S MY FIREWALL FIGURE???!!!!!!??????????

Are the sub figures only available through the sub? Not sure I want them all (unlike MOTU I'm not a completest for GI Joe)

Really hope Jinx is coming. She's my all time favorite character. I've been wanting one in the anniversary style. I do wonder what outfit she'll have. I'm hoping for her original red outfit but with an unmasked head.
    From my understanding, the figures can be bought seperately from the club but only the 13th secret figure is available in the sub

I have it on pretty good source that information is indeed correct. I was hoping for a couple more foreign characters. But having some 25th anni 82-89 holes filled doesn't hurt either. I'm hoping the tan grunt is a better version that what Hasbro gave us, I'm betting it is an update of the Tanks for the Memories con set Grunt.

Is top side giving anyone else a Chuck Norris vibe?

Dice has been revealed;

I am really considering taking the plunge and subscribing.

Neat! I'm glad it's Dice - if it had been Slice, I might have jumped on board!

...well okay, I can't commit to that. Even if there's something I really want I just can't support two toy subs.

...well okay, I can't commit to that. Even if there's something I really want I just can't support two toy subs.
    Are you a GIJCC member? If so you can cherry pick the figures you want.

I think Big Boa will be enough to fully sway me but I am worried about being taken for the ass on their international shipping policy

Are you a GIJCC member? If so you can cherry pick the figures you want.

I think Big Boa will be enough to fully sway me but I am worried about being taken for the ass on their international shipping policy
    I think I'm the free kinda memeber, so the figures will probably be expensive as all get-out (whatever that means; but heck, I like to bring back old slang from time to time). I'm prepared to leave ones that I want (at least I'll get the BAT from a friend).

Dice leaves me cold. Topside isnt exactly exciting. They better reveal the 13th figure and it better be good. Judging by some recent eBay activity I'm not going to play around with club product in this sculpt.

Thanks for posting the pic, TheFallen! I hadn't run across that yet. Dice looks great! I always liked that figure as a kid.

The "leaked list" (posted above) has now correctly predicted both Topside and Dice... and in the order they were announced, no less. At this point, I'm guessing that the leaked list is probably right.

Slice is cool (and we really should get both of them), but Dice hasn't been re-done since his vintage release so he's definitely due (Slice has been re-done 5 times). I'm glad the Club is doing some figures, like Topside and Dice, that haven't been touched since

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Judging by some recent eBay activity I'm not going to play around with club product in this sculpt.
    What do you mean, Southzen?
    Last edited by ksensor; October 20, 2011 at 04:47pm.

What do you mean, Southzen?
    Random things have gone for a lot of money lately. But a lot of "exclusives" including Joecon stuff is not cheap (Dial Tone and the PP Stinger for example. I would rather pay and get what I want now and toss what I don't want on ebay later rather than fight ebay for a Jinx Or Big Boa.