Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3.75"

Every time I see this thread get updated, I get excited b/c I know that another Joe's been announced!

More info in case people are wondering: http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/argtnt.shtml

This shouldn't be too big of a surprise. TNT was on the leaked list, which has been right about every figure released so far. Jinx being the VvV style instead of ARAH was more surprising to me than TNT's inclusion. They can't all wear camouflage or black on black. I kinda like the color combo actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    New Sub fig Revealed:

"TNT" "Theodore N. Thomas"
    ???
    http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2011/TNTfWEB.jpg

No freaking thanks.

Ugly as sin.
    Well, he is a faithful recreation of an original ugly figure. I would buy him at store price. But no way am I paying Joe Club rate for him or anyone else in this sub.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Cannon fodder. The first to get shot and killed in my joeverse battlefield

Huh, cyclone is about the same color sheme, yet people think he is brilliant, I guess it is the eye of the beholder.

This figure along with Quarrel is where I had hoped the subscription would lead. I don't want club priced USA characters that hasbro was or is going to give us eventually. I want 25th/POC updates of foreign figures, Argentina, Brazil, UK, etc, that hasbro WON'T give us. It is also expanding on a previous convention set, 25th Crimson Strike, which for years club members have been requesting, convention set expansion releases.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    For the record, I'm not a big fan of SyClone either ....

While I think nods to characters from other countries is fun, I still consider G.I. Joe "a real American hero" and not a United Nations superteam Hasbro seems eager to make it these days.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Cannon fodder. The first to get shot and killed in my joeverse battlefield
    By his own troops? That would be awesome, Big F!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I don't give a rip about the character but I'm really loving this figure.

Sure Fire:

From what I cal tell, that figure is based on this figure from 2002…

…which was just a recolor of Shockwave version 3 from 1992:

Easy pass for me.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

New Sub Figure: Cover Girl

Pretty simple repaint/part reuse but, it works REALLY well.

Surefire: Looks like David Lane at the GIJCC pulled a Toyguru and made his likeness in Surefire; I don't blame him though, I would too if I could, it doesn't hurt he is a all around nice guy. And it isn't as if Hasbro models their characters over the years off of employees anyway, which they have and still do, and sometimes even use names and such as well. Funny how everyone blew up over Toyguru's spector, including myself, when for years, GI Joe has been doing much of the same. If would rather the ARAH color deco for sure fire. It nice to have someone to put with Shockwave and the new Law & Order, something I have been foaming at the mouth to have since the 25th anni started. I now a have a proper Joe MP/SWAT squad; I just need a Long Arm for bomb disposal.

Cover Girl: Well, I am happy to finally have a proper Cover Girl. Sparta was the closest we came to her a few months back, even though I will still have her displayed among my international joe team. Unfortunately, we received an almost straight up reissue. The only notable difference is the arms, jacket, gun, and hair color. I don't think there is another head they could use that says Cover Girl. And since the GIJCC pays for their own tooling for new parts, I can't fault them for trying to get extra mileage. I hope her file card still has her as armor. I would be a nice surprise to have some kind of Wolverine or Armor tampo on the back of the jacket.

I agree, it is nice to have some variation. I am surprised Hasbro didn't do a running change on the Cobra Trooper and make it an Officer.

It really sucks not having these figures in stores here. I get taken for the ass on eBay all the time to get the figures I want. That is why I want this sub to do well so Hasbro puts some more focus into it.
    Hasbro has nothing to do with the sub other than approving what characters/figures the GIJCC uses after the GIJCC comes up with them, and that is mostly to make sure they don't produce the same product. The GIJCC is run by a completely separate entity called Fun Publications, who also run the TFCC as well as BotCon and JoeCon. Everything the GIJCC does, they do with their own funding, including new tooling. They are only allowed certain tools from Hasbro, so the full range of tooling out there is not available to the GIJCC. And not all the parts ranging from the 25th - present are compatible.
    Last edited by Southzen; November 15, 2011 at 03:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I like the look of Sure Fire, even though I'm not really big one/familiar with the character. He certainly looks like he fits in the line.

New Sub Figure: Cover Girl

Pretty simple repaint/part reuse but, it works REALLY well.
    That should make a lot of people happy! Cover Girl and Zandar made it to the final of the 64-character "which figure do you want in 25th style" tournament last March, so a faithful update of Cover Girl should go over really well.

BTW, the Elite 8 of that tournament?
    Zandar - has since been confirmed - 7-pack
    Thrasher - has since been confirmed - 7-pack
    Lifeline - 30th anniversary
    Salvo - ?
    Cover Girl (ARAH) - has since been confirmed - subscription
    Jinx - has since been confirmed - subscription
    Law & Order - has since been confirmed - 30th anniversary
    Big Boa - ?

6 out of 8 within a year? That's a good response to fan demand. Are you paying attention, Matty?

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    Hasbro has nothing to do with the sub other than approving what characters/figures the GIJCC uses after the GIJCC comes up with them, and that is mostly to make sure they don't produce the same product. The GIJCC is run by a completely separate entity called Fun Publications, who also run the TFCC as well as BotCon and JoeCon. Everything the GIJCC does, they do with their own funding, including new tooling. They are only allowed certain tools from Hasbro, so the full range of tooling out there is not available to the GIJCC. And not all the parts ranging from the 25th - present are compatible.
    I understand how the club works and the difference with Hasbro, what I meant by my post was I hope the sub is successful and Hasbro is paying attention to it. Hasbro want to sell GI Joes and if they can still find the target audience is willing to cover their production costs then they may take over the sub idea and do it themselves, just like Mattel.

I understand how the club works and the difference with Hasbro, what I meant by my post was I hope the sub is successful and Hasbro is paying attention to it. Hasbro want to sell GI Joes and if they can still find the target audience is willing to cover their production costs then they may take over the sub idea and do it themselves, just like Mattel.
    Ah, I gotcha, I misunderstood. There are a lot of people who think the GIJCC and Hasbro are one in the same; I was just making sure all of us here knew otherwise.

*off topic, while posting this I am having a losing battle with a mosquito in my office*

I don't know if I would see Hasbro doing a sub, Hasbro Toy Shop isn't necessarily Hasbro. HTS was originally set up to sell product to Hasbro employees; the employees, including designers have to buy their own product for work (kind stinks doesn't it, suddenly that job doesn't sound so fun having to supply your own medium etc). IF it was to happen (I think I remember Hasbro commenting on it that they wouldn't), I would imagine it would be through HTS.

As for upcoming figures, I figure they already have a tentative list for the movie wave 1; IF some of it hasn't already gone into production. What is on that list, I wouldn't have the slightest clue. I would wager we will see something in February for the movie. I know from previous Joecon Q&As and panels, that it takes about six months to a year to go from designing to production.

Ah, I gotcha, I misunderstood. There are a lot of people who think the GIJCC and Hasbro are one in the same; I was just making sure all of us here knew otherwise.

*off topic, while posting this I am having a losing battle with a mosquito in my office*

I don't know if I would see Hasbro doing a sub, Hasbro Toy Shop isn't necessarily Hasbro. HTS was originally set up to sell product to Hasbro employees; the employees, including designers have to buy their own product for work (kind stinks doesn't it, suddenly that job doesn't sound so fun having to supply your own medium etc). IF it was to happen (I think I remember Hasbro commenting on it that they wouldn't), I would imagine it would be through HTS.

As for upcoming figures, I figure they already have a tentative list for the movie wave 1; IF some of it hasn't already gone into production. What is on that list, I wouldn't have the slightest clue. I would wager we will see something in February for the movie. I know from previous Joecon Q&As and panels, that it takes about six months to a year to go from designing to production.
    Hasbro would have to completely revamp their online store to sell exclusively like mattycollector does. Plus, I would want them to make it available to International collectors which it isn't now.

All I know with the GI Joe 2 toyline is I will be getting a better Joe scaled figure of The Rock
    I am hoping that Hasbro has learnt their lesson with the RoC line (which I personally think hurt them with retail) and the figures are designed closer to what has been released in the Poc/30th lines.

I quite like the latest reveal, Cover Girl, but it seems the people on HissTank do not share my views. I thought MOTUC fans were fickle but they don't compare to the posters on HissTank. Talk about entitled

I got a Jungle Viper on a whim while I was in Walgreens the other day. I have no idea why. This figure looks goofy. As for the subscription line, the only one I truly dislike is that Jinx. I would have preferred a more classic looking Jinx, maybe with an interchangeable blindfolded head.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I quite like the latest reveal, Cover Girl, but it seems the people on HissTank do not share my views. I thought MOTUC fans were fickle but they don't compare to the posters on HissTank. Talk about entitled
    Hisstank has a bad rap in the community, one it deservedly earned over the years. I avoid it like a plague. Nothing good comes of it.

Btw, the blindfold on jinx is supposed to be removable.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Btw, the blindfold on jinx is supposed to be removable.
    Cool!

About Cover Girl...I had to Google her because I only knew her from the G.I. Joe movie.

Anyway, after Googling...I'm not a big fan of this new figure.

Her 80's figure has much more dynamic colouring (the new one is kind of boring and bland in my opinion).

The new one also looks like she has a bit of a receding hairline and no neck? Seriously, where's her neck?

I actually like these two customs I found on Google better:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Not feeling the headsculpt for Cover Girl. I'll continue to hope that we one day get a Sunbow inspired headsculpt for her which will always be the definite Cover Girl to me and my good pal Shipwreck.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Big Boa:

I'm pretty impressed with this one. the Roablock body as the base is a great choice and i'm surprised at the amount of accessories. The boxing headgear leads indicates that the helmet(s) are removeable. Anyone want ot speculate on the head underneath?

Big Boa:

I'm pretty impressed with this one. the Roablock body as the base is a great choice and i'm surprised at the amount of accessories. The boxing headgear leads indicates that the helmet(s) are removeable. Anyone want ot speculate on the head underneath?
    This is the figure I like most of the new G.I.Joe sub!
    Although, is it true that each figure shall be between $20 & $25?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Wow, that ain't bad! Not enough to get the sub of course, but it's pretty impressive. Looks like they made a lot of new stuff for 'em (unless some of that was supposed to come with that canceled training Duke from Rise of Cobra).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Alexx -

Some reuse from the cancelled "Training" SE and the sledge is obviously from the Shock Troops

Well there we are, then! I had never seen what all Duke was supposed to come with, but I suspected that's what they used. I mean, I doubt they're gona make THAT much new stuff for the sub figures! Anyway: very smart move, getting this stuff into the hands of the fans. I hate to see good accessories go to waste.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Looks like they saved the best for last. Great looking figure.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!