Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan relations - what is it fans want us to do that we are not?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Fan relations - what is it fans want us to do that we are not?

Hey all,

I didn't want to just post this on the Gooble Thread as I honestly want to get some good action-able feedback from everyone on a dedicated thread I can check back in on.

The Gooble crew discussed a lack of fan relations in the latest episode and I honestly want to know from fans what it is we are not doing that we could be doing better.

First off, Eamon, as for the whole Green Goddess art issue, let me see if I can jump in on this one and tell you for the record, in no way was your name intentionally left off our NYCC presentation about MOTUC.

I put that presentation together myself and simply Google image searched a few characters I wanted to put in the fan presentation to illustrate how deep (from a character stand point) we intended to go with the line.

Your Goddess art came up when I image searched "MOTU Goddess". The image on Google was not credited to anyone so I honestly did not know who made it. I just thought it was pretty *****ing and popped it into my presentation simply based on it being a cool piece of art of the character.

Your name was in no way intentionally removed. I cropped ALL of the images used in that presentation simply to make room for as many images on one slide as possible and I must have unintentionally cropped the area with your name. In no way did I intentionally remove your name or anything like that. It was just a slide done for the fans at NYCC using whatever art I could find on Google Images per character. Yours just happened to catch my eye without me knowing who made it. That is why it was used. If the Google image had credited you I would have reached out!

As for James not being credited for the DVD, that was before my time being employed at Mattel, but on behalf of the brand I do totally apologize. Most of the peolpe if not all who worked on that are no longer with Mattel and if there is a way to make it up I'd gladly look into it.

In terms of other "fan relations" stuff we could be doing, I humbly ask the fans what it is you are looking for that we are not doing?

Our goal for the brand and for the company is to drive people to our own site Mattycollector.com for news and interaction. I post almost daily under the "Ask Matty" section and I do post on other fan sites including He-Man.org. In fact I think I post more on He-Man.org then any other fan site (i.e. actionfigureinsider.com, Fwoosh.net etc...).

We send out samples for review and are always looking at fan polls online. We work with He-Man.org the same as we do any other fan site. You guys participate on the Ask Matty Q & As and I've even done two episodes of Roast Gooble.

There are a lot of talented folks at Mattel (including out sculpting team the Four Horsemen) who are huge MOTU fans and one of the perks of the job is getting to work on MOTU packaging and figure design. These are perks that the hard working folk who work on MOTUC really love about their job. If you really want to work directly on the brand what you need to do honestly is what I did, come work for Mattel!

I am a fan too. In fact, I'll boldly claim I am one of the biggest MOTU fans in the world, so much so that I redirected my entire career so I could work at Mattel and managed to climb my way up to a position where I could work on my favorite brands, MOTU and JLU.

The best way to be involved in MOTU is to work for Mattel. You can apply anytime at Mattel.com and search for job openings.

So this all being said, I am totally open to any suggestions on what else beyond interacting online, sending out review samples and hosting bi-weekly Q & As fans would like to see. Let me know! We really pride ourselves on our fan interaction and in terms of amount of stuff, from where I stand we seem to be doing more now then ever (Mattel never did Q & As or an "Ask Matty" thread or review samples for the 2002 line!)

We love fan sites, but understand that our goal is to drive traffic and information/news releases to Mattycollector.com (and not any one fan site). We love fan sites, but you can understand from a corporate strategy why we want Mattycollector.com to be the official place to go for news and interaction with brand managers. With this in mind, please tell me what it is fans would like to see and if it falls under our brand strategy and bandwidth capabilities (time wise) I'd be happy to see what can be done!

Suggestions?

Good Journey,

Scott

Great post Scott. I am not familiar with all the topics, but the over all sentiment is genuine, in my opinion. I will think hard on this and if I have any useful suggestions, then I would be happy to share. Thank you.

To be honest, as a .org member I am pretty satisfied with the samples for Dans reviews, the Q&As and you popping in here at the .org clarifying things or just enjoying yourself here and/ or joining the Gooble now and then
    Most of the stuff mentioned during the gooble is probably "getting involved as a fan(site) on a professional/ work base" and has little to do with most .org members here IMHO.

So keep doing what you are doing now and you are awesome in my books!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    To be honest, as a .org member I am pretty satisfied with the samples for Dans reviews, the Q&As and you popping in here at the .org clarifying things or just enjoying yourself here and/ or joining the Gooble now and then
    Most of the stuff mentioned during the gooble is probably "getting involved as a fan(site) on a professional/ work base" and has little to do with most .org members here IMHO.

So keep doing what you are doing now and you are awesome in my books!
    I agree with this. I love the line and the possibility of growing even larger into vehicles and maybe even playsets is what is really exciting.

From a fan's perspective, the interaction opportunities are great, but most fans' anger comes from the lackluster, frustrating ordering site of Mattycollector.com, and the lack of attention to fans' voices on the matter, as well as the lack of quality control on the figures (paint apps and loose ankles come to mind)--and this is after two years of the line's life. This is frustrating and upsetting to many fans that we aren't seemingly heard in a timely fashion, or at all after two years.

Again, and nevertheless, the line is a dream come true and they are awesome figures. May the line indeed continue into 2017!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    What do we want you to do that isn't already being done?

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    ...most fans' anger comes from the lackluster, frustrating ordering site of Mattycollector.com, and the lack of attention to fans' voices on the matter, as well as the lack of quality control on the figures (paint apps and loose ankles come to mind)--and this is after two years of the line's life. This is frustrating and upsetting to many fans that we aren't seemingly heard in a timely fashion, or at all after two years.
    Apart from echoing everything that was quoted above;

I'm going to do my best to refrain from being derogatory to creative people on Matty staff, BUT... Who in the world thought that the art for the Stratos and Mer-Man 2-packs was in ANY way shape or form acceptable???

There is SO much talent on the org that is at your disposal, there's no reason for such slop to ever reach market.

Considering that Eamon or Emiliano would have done the art for the 2-packs, I think reaching out to them might have been a great move.

Again, I'm VERY happy with the reviews, etc..., but why not use the org for the occasional reveal? Why ToyFare? I don't even buy that mag and only see the images when they're scanned and posted elsewhere.

And I do sincerely appreciate you taking the time to ask.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 9, 2011 at 04:17pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Since those packs included DC characters, contractually we needed to use art provided by DC Comics. It was not an option to use anyone else. (and I do agree our MOTU characters were not as on model as we had wanted. We are working with DC on future package art)

We often reveal things in Toy Fare in order to 1: Reach new fans and 2: We take out print ads in their magazine so it is good business to also give them exclusive reveals so people will read the issue and see our ads. We don't reveal on fans sites because that is "preaching to the choir". Fans on these sites are are an easier sale. We want our to reveals to either cultivate new fans or drive people to our website. Revealing product on a fan site like this one just doesn't work for those goals. (so its nothing personal!)
    Last edited by Toyguru; January 9, 2011 at 04:26pm.

Thank-you, ToyGuru for asking us for our opinion.

The one complaint that I have is that the customer service at MattyCollector / Digital River needs to be better. For example, I have found in the past that it is difficult to update simple information on the website, such as my credit card information and address. I often received an error message and when I called about it, the customer service reps didn't really seem to know how to help me. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the supervisors also did not know how to help with this task. It was a frustrating experience.

That was a great thing to post as a response. It is nice to see that sugesstions and advice were taken on board.

I think that Mattel is being somewhat distant from the fan community. I know you do a lot of stuff and appreciate what is done and what you continue to do on behalf of Mattel and the MOTU brand in particular.

Although, I cannot help feel that the MOTU franchise was the biggest of its kind and the genesis of TV animation and merchandising. In spite of this, I feel that given the success the MOTU line has been limited of its potential. I believe that more fan probing into character requests and additional bonuses would definitely satisfy and benefit both Mattel and the fans.

Perhaps one way could be giving fans a poll to choose a MOTU figure creation for release in x months (giving the whole process ample time for everybody involved.) Also, giving fans a choice of features or accessories could give fans a sense of satisfaction in knowing that the line is making fans feel a part of the process without affecting the process. Even a step by step process on the website of making the chosen figure would be an excellent bonus.

Further to this, I personally would like to see if there could be other bonuses added to the franchise that would appeal to many fans. Things such as a direct to DVD movie or even a comic (which I'm sure you could find additional help for) or an encyclopedia (akin to the DC comics version) would entice fans and surely be a great opportunity for Mattel. This could be an end of line bonus that could tie in the timeline of history that fans could have as one continous piece of media as opposed to referring to multiple cardbacks.

Whilst I realise there is a lot of new ventures I have propsed, maybe even using existing resources could be a great way to interact with fans. Things like concept art and drawings, interviews with key players and an online bio database could be ways to keep fans interested and a part of the MOTUC franchise.

Lastly, I would like to stress the issue with the WSOD and international shipping and mandatory customs are definitely issues that I would like to see ammended and perhaps an outreach to international markets/branches would be appreciated.

Should you have read all my points, I would like to thank you in advance for reading my points and hope you understand what I am trying to say. I would like to see a more opening to the MOTU fans who have kept the brand alive after many years since the brand has been established by giving a little more to the fans in ant way you can and not to keep them at arms length. Many fans go above and beyond the call of duty for everybody's benefit and I feel that this is a unique trait in the MOTU brand. The MOTU fans are special and as such I feel that they should be treated as they deserve to be and I hope 2011 is a step in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance for your time for reading this and I wish that a deeper embrace of the MOTU fans will lead to a great future for the franchise for everybody!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I would be thankfull for official online polls, concerning such things as Panthors flocking, Battle Armor Skeletors feet/ax, Palace Guards Boots, etc..
    It often seems to me, only a few "loud" fans are responsible for such decisions.
    Just take advantage of the fan resources

Thank you for your efforts Scott!

Most of the comments you have here are related to new content fans want to see (comics, DVDs etc...)

That is a different issues from fan relations. There are a ton of legal and logistical issues dictating what content we can and can not do at any given time. And these are factors that for legal reasons I can not go into with the public. We'd love to do more content too. And ideally it will happen when logistics allow. Clearly there is not a lack of demand!

As for the technical issues with the site and customer service, this is also not really "fan relation issues". We and I am totally aware of the issues with Digital River, customer service and shipping and we ARE working on it.

Same goes for quality control. When your productions runs are as small as some of our collector lines (like MOTUC) by the time you catch production issues, many times it is too late to affect a change. But we are working on this too- everyday!

So back to fan relations. As brought up in the last episode of Roast Gooble, what type of fan relations are we not doing that fans want to see?

Scott

If this is a dumb question I apologize: What advice would you give to fans of Filmation characters? Obviously we all support the MOTUC line, but we (selfishly) still want more characters. We already buy our MOTUC figures, but is there anything else we can do to make our voices heard? We know that you read the boards, etc. but for me personally, and perhaps some others, I feel as though we just can't win when it comes to Filmation characters. We are told to support the line so we can see where it goes, and if we do that there really is no need for Mattel to seek out the rights to these other characters because they know we're already buying the available characters/figures. If we do not buy the current figures then we can be made to blame ourselves for Mattel's reluctance to acquire these rights.
    I don't want to sound rude or ungrateful, but I just wish we consumers were able to in some way assist in this process. I don't even know if there is a solution, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask your help/opinion. At one time I had thought perhaps Matty could just use a subscription type feature which would prompt the pre-ordering of "X" character at a higher price to help cover the costs associated with the acquisition of the Filmation library. Probably an impractical idea, but Mattel must know many of us would pay more for those characters if it meant we'd finally be able to add them to our collections.

Thanks, Scott, for all your hard work and dedication this brand. We appreciate it.

We totally know there is demand. We just don't currently hold the rights to those characters. If we ever had the rights you bet we would do them in the Classics style. Not much more to say. We don't currently have the rights and are well aware of fan demand.

Fan relations-wise (and mattycollector site problems aside), I'm pretty satisfied for the most part with the amount of time that Mattel invests communicating with the fans. You guys are definitely way more involved than the team that was working on the 2002 line... though I do remember Jeremy Padawer hosting chats in the .org chat room from time to time. (hint hint...hehehe) It's much appreciated.

One request that I have is with regard to the POP end of things in the MOTUC: I would like to see Mattel be more open-minded and receptive to suggestions, so far as doing some 100% pure toy-line updates from the POP line, instead giving off the impression that style guide and hybrid looks is all we can expect.

From this fan's perspective, it seems like there's a rigid set of rules, style/look-wise, when it comes to POP, whereas with MOTU you guys are drawing from many different areas. Basically what I'm saying is - please mix it up from time to time to keep the element of surprise and to give every "side" a chance to be excited.

Also, it would be cool if we could get more frequent updates on the status of the live-action movie.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    We often reveal things in Toy Fare in order to 1: Reach new fans and 2: We take out print ads in their magazine so it is good business to also give them exclusive reveals so people will read the issue and see our ads. We don't reveal on fans sites because that is "preaching to the choir". Fans on these sites are are an easier sale. We want our to reveals to either cultivate new fans or drive people to our website. Revealing product on a fan site like this one just doesn't work for those goals. (so its nothing personal!)
    That really doesn't make a lot of sense. Not the "throwing TF a bone" part, I get that. I mean the "reaching new audiences" part...

If you're reaching a new audience, they're either going to like the figure or not. An Exclusive reveal isn't going to sway them one way or the other.

An exclusive reveal on a fan site is the EXACT definition of appropriate. A way to reward those of us that have been on board from the beginning and stay on board, regardless of the numerous QC issues that we've seen every month.

Again, not a rant, just stating reasons "why".
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 9, 2011 at 05:02pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

in terms of fan-relations - i think you're doing a great job! ... the 'ask matty' q & a's are pretty neat and hey - why not do some more roast gooble dinner appearances?! ... i think the podcast is a really good way to relate to the fans, because it's pretty awesome and we can hear thing's directly from you, which is always cool ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    You could give more insight into how a figure is produced from first idea to shipping it to the customers... just take a figure that has already been released or use this to present any new figure.

What I really liked was your "end of the year" review in late 2009 and missed it in 2010...

Remember when the 4H presented Wave 5 of the Mini Statues? A few days in advance they showed some very small pictures to keep the fans guessing... Mattel could do that, too... just tease us fans without telling us which character the pic belongs to.

Maybe presenting the figures a little bit earlier would also help- you could show them to the fans at an early stage (let's say three months earlier than they are shown NOW)- so fans can give their feedback BEFORE the figure goes into production- don't forget waht happened with Mossie's ears ...

Only some suggestions. Keep up the good work!

Great post Scott/Toyguru.
    As everyone has stated you already do a good job keeping us fans in the know as much as you can. My only thing is I really miss your ocassional pop-ups in threads to help clarify things or drop hints. If you could do that a little more often when you have the time, of course, would be much appreciated. Also how about like previously stated some accessory hints once in a while. Oooh How about a He-Man.org exclusive reveal - not exclusive figure, but a reveal that .Org members could see it first.
    Last edited by kagamigod; January 9, 2011 at 05:05pm.

Honestly, I feel like you Mattel folks are doing an A+ job with customer relations and all issues that I have with MOTUC (quality control, paint apps, problems with the Matty site, Digital River, etc.) don't fall in this category. The Q & A's are fun, the reveals generate excitement... it feels like there's some sort of MOTU news once a week or so.
    My only gripe is in regards to Facebook reveals or pics on Matty's site... we could benefit from getting larger pics. But other than that, I can't imagine what we as fans could expect you guys to do... unless you wanna tell me what year Rokkon is coming... it'll be our little secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Fan relations-wise (and mattycollector site problems aside), I'm pretty satisfied for the most part with the amount of time that Mattel invests communicating with the fans. You guys are definitely way more involved than the team that was working on the 2002 line... though I do remember Jeremy Padawer hosting chats in the .org chat room from time to time. (hint hint...hehehe) It's much appreciated.

One request that I have is with regard to the POP end of things in the MOTUC: I would like to see Mattel be more open-minded and receptive to suggestions, so far as doing some 100% pure toy-line updates from the POP line, instead giving off the impression that style guide and hybrid looks is all we can expect.

From this fan's perspective, it seems like there's a rigid set of rules, style/look-wise, when it comes to POP, whereas with MOTU you guys are drawing from many different areas. Basically what I'm saying is - please mix it up from time to time to keep the element of surprise and to give every "side" a chance to be excited.

Also, it would be cool if we could get more frequent updates on the status of the live-action movie.
    If we did an online chat it would be through Mattycollector.com to drive people to our site. And this is something we are looking to do soon.

More POP figures are coming and I think fans will be very pleased with what they see. Try not to spin your wheels or worry too much on this one. If you have liked Adora, Bow and She-Ra you should like what else is coming!

We'll update fans about new projects like a live action film when and if there is news. The lack of updates just means nothing to report yet!

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Great post Scott/Toyguru.
    As everyone has stated you already do a good job keeping us fans in the know as much as you can. My only thing is I really miss your ocassional pop-ups in threads to help clarify things or drop hints. If you could do that alittle more often when you have the time, of course, would be much appreciated.
    I wish I did have more time to pop by. Since my time to hit the boards is kinda limited (just look at the times and days when I do post) I try to focus my attention on the Ask Matty thread on Mattycollector.com. The best place to get the quickest response to well asked question is on this thread. As stated above our goal is to drive online fans to Mattycollector.com. While I will totally pop by fan sites when I can (like today!) Mattycollector.com is the best place to interact with myself and other brand managers!
    Last edited by Toyguru; January 9, 2011 at 05:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for coming to the boards with this topic Toyguru! It's nice to know that you would like to do whatever you can to improve relations between us.

Off the top of my head, a few things stand out. Most important is honesty between us. There have been many instances in the past where Mattel would be untruthful to us and try to 'pull one over' on us, for lack of a better term. One recent example is the issue with the 500 years history thing for the bios. Originally it was said that it was an error on the bio and that it should have read 5000 years, which caused an uproar because it was quite obvious that it was never originally meant to be 5000 years (as corroborated on multiple bios). Shortly thereafter, Mattel admitted that this was changed to better fit the story and not just a typo, and fan reaction to this was welcoming. So in short, be honest with the fans and we can avoid unnecessary hostilities.

The second thing is showing us prototype shots of figures as they come along during production. I know there were problems with the Grizzlor face fiasco when the second head did not get produced, but fans want to see things like this! Even if it doesn't get produced in the end, just put a disclaimer that it is not the final product and let us see it. Even if it is after the figure is released, it is always nice to see the development of the figures. An added bonus to showing us early though is that we can act as an extra thousand set of eyes to spot any problems, like the backwards shoulders on Roboto for instance. As much as you guys spot things like that, there's people on the boards that would spot even more. It's just another step to ensure that the best possible figure gets produced.

I also want to ask that fan input is taken into consideration on figures earlier. For instance, we asked whether Roboto's left hand could be detachable. It's understandable that nobody at Mattel thought about doing this, but it was too late in the process to change even though you tried. This can be avoided by responding to questions on un-announced figures. For instance, how will Spikor's arm be handled? Sadly, when questions like this get asked we get a response stating that you cannot comment on figures past King Hssss. These are theoretical questions on future figures aimed at getting you to start thinking of all the fantastic ideas that can be incorporated to produce the best possible figure. Instead we get stifled because we know you will not answer those questions.

One last thing is revealing new pieces of concept art or other interesting things that you have come across at Mattel. In particular I am referring to the ideas for the second and third parts to the last mini-comic. Now I can understand if you want to hold on to that for the time being so as to not 'spoil' the bios, but that should definitely be revealed at some point. And I'm sure there are other things you've come across so let us see them too!

These are just some examples of things that can be improved. When I've had a chance to think more on this I will let you know. But thanks again for listening (and by the way, this thread is an excellent example of improving fan relations!)
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i just like to say that you are doing a fantastic job with the line , all the characters look awesome and i dont think this line would of gone as long as this without your fan iteration . so keep it up

TG, I for one appreciate the post and appreciate the efforts made on Mattel's part to respond to fan demand.

As a fan, I don't find that I have any real issues with how Mattel's relations with fans. But honestly, this is the first line that I've been this involved in for a while.

I understand reasoning behind the creation of the Matty forums, it's always the goal of a company to bring the most amount of traffic to their own site, especially when dealing with an online only product.

And I've also even signed up for the Matty forums just to see what it was like, even though I was already an Org member. But, with all honesty, it just doesn't have the same feel.

I definitely feel more at home here and I've only been a member since early 2009.

I think that maybe a merging of the Matty forums with the Org forums would make the most amount of sense. It seems logical on many levels at least on the MOTUC part. I'm not sure if this is logistically possible but it might make things a little easier on Mattel since the majority of the MOTUC fan base seems to be using these forums anyway.

I'm honestly not entrenched in fan forums for the most part and not sure how they're normally run, but this seems like an answer that benefits both parties and the fans most of all.

Again, I think that both TG and the guys at the Org and the 4H and everyone involved with the line for the most part are really doing a great job. I love everything about this line and enjoy reading and responding to it on the Org more than anything. But I think it's time for some sort of a merge!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

As for the technical issues with the site and customer service, this is also not really "fan relation issues". We and I am totally aware of the issues with Digital River, customer service and shipping and we ARE working on it.

Same goes for quality control. When your productions runs are as small as some of our collector lines (like MOTUC) by the time you catch production issues, many times it is too late to affect a change. But we are working on this too- everyday!

I respectfully disagree. I think customer service and fan relations go hand in hand. I love MOTU, I grew up with it as a kid. After getting my re-issue He-Man and Skeletor, I was really disappointed.

The paint apps on my He-Man has white all around his face, like he just finished brushing his teeth.

My Skeletor's face was really bad, the paint around his rivets on the armor were twice as big as the actual rivets, the foot was loose and the sword was broken.

If this was a DCU Classics figure or another toy that I could see in my hand in the store, I wouldn't buy it. I would grab the toy with good paint apps. I was paying $28 a figure, and crossing my fingers that I would receive a good one.

I tried using Digital River customer service, but it was a bad experience. I was told a supervisor would call me back many times and it never happened.

I finally posted pics here and on the Matty Collector forums, and i was sent a new figure. The new Skeletor had a broken neck peg, so all he does is look down.

This experience with customer service made me stop collecting the line. I finally came back with Buzz-Off, since that was one of my favorites as a kid. I am happy so say that the quality is perfect.

I really want to get Evil-Lyn next month, but I am afraid I am going to run into the same problems.

I am 30 years old, and planning for a family. I wonder how many people are in the same position, where they are on a budget. You lost my money for almost a year because of not only the quality control, but because of the way I was treated.

Please take care of the customer service and quality control. You guys are more than gracious with the reveals, Q and As, and doing cool stuff for fans.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lannyjack View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think customer service and fan relations go hand in hand. I love MOTU, I grew up with it as a kid. After getting my re-issue He-Man and Skeletor, I was really disappointed.

The paint apps on my He-Man has white all around his face, like he just finished brushing his teeth.

My Skeletor's face was really bad, the paint around his rivets on the armor were twice as big as the actual rivets, the foot was loose and the sword was broken.

If this was a DCU Classics figure or another toy that I could see in my hand in the store, I wouldn't buy it. I would grab the toy with good paint apps. I was paying $28 a figure, and crossing my fingers that I would receive a good one.

I tried using Digital River customer service, but it was a bad experience. I was told a supervisor would call me back many times and it never happened.

I finally posted pics here and on the Matty Collector forums, and i was sent a new figure. The new Skeletor had a broken neck peg, so all he does is look down.

This experience with customer service made me stop collecting the line. I finally came back with Buzz-Off, since that was one of my favorites as a kid. I am happy so say that the quality is perfect.

I really want to get Evil-Lyn next month, but I am afraid I am going to run into the same problems.

I am 30 years old, and planning for a family. I wonder how many people are in the same position, where they are on a budget. You lost my money for almost a year because of not only the quality control, but because of the way I was treated.

Please take care of the customer service and quality control. You guys are more than gracious with the reveals, Q and As, and doing cool stuff for fans.
    I respectfully agree as well. "Fan relations" and customer service are one-in-the-same. The fans are the customers.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Fan relations I'm pleased with and also pleased with you being the one here to help talk to us and help this line in general, also having 2 Q&A's a month is nice... the only things I'm displeased with is the quality control and MattyCollector/DigitalRiver. More so the quality control, like my Buzz-Off having 2 left shins, I can look passed some paint app errors but messing up the assembly is ridiculous. I've taken care of my problem, but it shouldn't have been one in the first place. I know you said it's a small line and catching it etc. but it is a collector's line and exclusive online, we should be getting better quality control because of this, not worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'