Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/16/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/16/2012)

Props go out to Mint Condition Customs for joining the monthly MOTUC Q&A Round-up on He-Man.org!

MOTULA.foroactivo.net

-We read that the SDCC Exclusive will cost $30, is that just for a price increase or it is going to include any other extra accessories or something like that?

-It will have a larger number of pieces compared to a standard figure.

-Teela’s bio states that the Staff of Ka was used by the Snakemen and its function is to detect any foe’s movements. King Hiss’bio does not mention anything related to the Staff of Ka. How does Teela get it?

-Keep reading the bios!

-Are there any plans to add more figures based on NA per year? It's just that now that we have the Filmation rights and more characters to add to the roster and only one NA figure comes out per year seems like it's gonna take forever to have these characters in our shelves. Will there be more love for NA?

-Yes, more and more New Adventure figures are coming.

-It's a little bit unclear the process of Adam's transformation in MOTUC.Is the techno sword the sword that was given to Adam when he turned 18 and did the techno vest showed up in the transformation or is it a gift from Duncan, the Goddess or Sorceress? Could you please clarify this a little bit?

-The techno sword was created by Man At Arms (in Classics continuity which borrowed from the Horsemen's original pitch for the 200X series) as a tool that could electronically harmonize with the orb of power and give Adam some needed "ummph" on his quest to find both halves of the sword of He. But it did not allow him to transform into He-Man. For that he needed the Sword of He which can magically harmonize with the orb. Once Adam found the Sword of He and united both halves, the Electronic Sword was no longer needed. What happened to it will be revealed in time. The vest was a gift from the Goddess and more info will be revealed on that in time too.

-Currently, Fisto's armor, as King Hsss's, is made of a flexible piece which fully protects the torso. Unlike the others, as per articulation issues, which ends where the abdomen starts. Is there a chance, in the future, that Hordak, He-Ro and BA He-Man armor re-designs will come in a Weapons Pak, using that make and model?

-Each figure is designed by the Horsemen on a figure by figure basis. We leave these choices to them.
    Hordak.de

1. All Classics figures are bigger than their vintage counterparts. Nonetheless you made Tytus and Megator 1/3 smaller to save on costs. Why does Granamyr have to be so big that he will cost between 80 and 100 Dollars? Are you planning on reusing Granamyr parts for other figures that big?

We wanted to do the biggest figure possible for the 30th but we have heard fan feedback and are looking to scale him back a little to make him a bit more affordable. We will have the final size and costs at SDCC along with a visual of what he will look like.

2. There have been plans for a futuristic He-Man series by filmation with a well known image of the characters Air-Bag, Fork-Lift, Kay-La and two new designs for Man-E-Faces and Ram-Man. Are these characters available through the filmation rights and on the table?

We do have access to these characters but nothing to announce right now.

3. In the 80ies Angella had an action feature that let her wings flap. Many fans complained about the drums on the Sorceress's shoulder. Would you consider going another way on Angella like the joints on Buzz-off?

We have not gotten to her yet so this type of conversation simple hadn't taken place.

4. Would you consider doing more secret accessories for SDCC?

We will do secret accessories as long as it is something fans and customers enjoy! And so far they have.

5. Would you consider doing couples like Shokoti and Lord Mask as a two pack as you did a three pack for the Star Sisters?

It is always possible. We never want to force anyone into a multipack but if there is a compelling reason it is not off the table.
    Preternia.com

1. Adding weapons like the MAA Hand Cannon and Keldor swords to mystery future releases to reward people that buy the entire line is a really cool idea. Is there any chance the Staff Horde Prime was originally seen with could see this same route? I’d hate to see it never get made.

We are working on this and ideally want to find a home for all canceled 2012 accessories.

2. It was mentioned that the Snake Men two pack could get a future variant with red/green coloring. Theoretically if this happenned would this be part of the sub or more of a She-Ra 2.0 thing not being part of the sub?

Anything is possible. There are many ways we could do this, but nothing is locked in right now. A non sub item might be the best way as subscribers have been very clear they do not want straight repaints in the sub.

3. With Toyfare (the magazine) gone, it seems we get reveals a lot more spaced out at shows and conventions. Are there any other avenues being considered for reveals for the line? Possibly something like a subscriber only email to give the subscribers a little early news before the rest of the world gets it?

Reveals that were shown in magazines will likely get moved to Mattycollector.com’s news page going forward. Look for the Sept MOTUC figure to be revealed on Mattycollector.com in May.

4. Once the Hand Cannon and Keldor swords have actually been released with their figure, would they be up for consideration for a repaint in a weapons pak?

Sure. Anything is possible once the item is tool’d.

5. Fisto, Sorceress, and Kahn sold out pretty fast. If sell out times start to ramp up to 5 minute sell outs or so, will doing second runs of figures from this year be considered? Or is that about where you want them to be at this point in time?

It is the quota we are initerested in, not the sell out, and all three figures sold the quota we needed them to sell.
    Elkkthunder's Toyroom

Will the SDCC reveals be on G4's Attack of the Show again?

No, they will be on mattycollector.com this year in our news section.

Mattel and MEGA brand just announced a partnership, any chance for MOTU MEGA Blocks or any other collector type brands?

Mattel and MEGA Brands Inc. recently announced a multi-year global licensing partnership to develop construction toys based on the Barbie® and Hot Wheels® brands. The new lines will be at retail starting in spring 2013. If the partnership expands to Matty Collector properties, we will be sure to let you know about availability.
    Mintconditioncustom.com NEW!!!!

2.) Joe Martin asks: i had asked a question last time about when the winner of the character contest will be announced.i meant to ask will they be informed ahead of time if the winner doesn’t live in california and will they be flown out to the comic con ?

The winner will not be notified ahead of time and will find out at our fan panel along with everyone else!
    MOTUClassics.Com

MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Between the DC/MOTU 2pks and quarterly variants, Mattel has refreshed seven of the original 8-back figures with at least one second version (Battle Ground Teela, Comic Colors Mer-Man, etc). Does the MOTU team feel that Beast Man simply doesn’t have a compelling “second look” that would warrant a new figure or have you just not gotten around to him?

Beastman just never made it into one of those packs but a repaint or an update would be great for him! Maybe in mini comic colors? Without the DCU vs. 2 packs however we have a limited venue on how to release redeco only skus as most collectors do not want repaints in the sub. The TRU 2 packs was our vehicle for delivering repaint skus and without it we are at a standstill on these type of figures.

BONUS#1! (Yeah, I know it's a DC question, but it has relevance to MOTUC.)

DCClassics.Com Asks: Toy Guru, what are you thoughts on the limited success of recent figures that made use of alternative materials? (Stay Puft, Swamp Thing (via Critical Mess) , Snout Spout (via He-Man.Org)). The novelty of the materials is certainly promising in the planning stage, but has the execution of the toys lived up to what you and your team had intended? Are you still interested in using alternative materials for future figures across the lines you oversee?

We are moving away from other materials to maintain consistency and avoid any QC issues. While we are always pushing the limits, recent items have clearly backfired and did not work out as planned.

BONUS#2!
    DCCollectors.com

DCCollectors - With the price of oil seemingly on an endless rise, can we expect a price increase across all products in 2012?

Matty - We will have price increases to all of our online items in 2013 which will be reflected in the sub prices announced at SDCC 2012.
    Kastor's Korner

Thus far, the New Adventures sub-set has featured characters which were previously released as figures in the 1990-92 line. Will the plan for this sub-set be to continue releasing new versions of previous figures, or will we also see some New Adventures cartoon characters captured in plastic for the first time?

We do have access to the animated characters. We’d love to know from fans whom they would want to see!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...teternia.de%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...network.com%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...figures.com%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...skorner.com%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...om%2Fhordak.de
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...univers.org%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...llywood.com%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...figures.com%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...w.he-man.de%2F
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    The Ultimate She-Ra Guide
    MOTUClassics.com
    www.MOTULA.foroactivo.net
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/ NEW!!!!

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 21, 2012 at 07:01am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Mmmm... they are reducing Granamyr... hope still will be bigger than Tytus.

5. Would you consider doing couples like Shokoti and Lord Mask as a two pack as you did a three pack for the Star Sisters?

It is always possible. We never want to force anyone into a multipack but if there is a compelling reason it is not off the table.

Really? Subscriptions are ok but a multipack is "forced"? Multipacks were one of the reasons I quit collecting DCUC and never got into JLU.

Not trying to pick, I just think this is really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Mmmm... they are reducing Granamyr... hope still will be bigger than Tytus.
    *Mattel hands us Draego-Man*
    "This is your Granamyr!"
    Last edited by Barbecue17; April 16, 2012 at 03:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Argh! I don't want a smaller Granamyr!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Smaller than what though?

Don't tell me I ordered 69 Draego-Men today for a tiny Granamyr!

I really don't like that answer regarding making Granamyr smaller.

Other than being rotocast, the most complaints about Tytus and Megator, were that they weren't as big as they should have been. Now they decide to make Granamyr smaller? A lot of people who have been complaining about Granamyr's price will probably still complain if he's $60-80 instead of $80-100+. So, the only people who will really be affected by this are the ones looking forward to a massive, impressive Granamyr.

I hope his figure is done justice.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Do not make him.smaller!

What fans want a smaller Granamyr? I thought the bulk of us were saying "For 80-$100 he better be BIG."

is this another case of TG hearing something different, or am I mistaken in what we want, I know I want a big Granamyr (as big as possible for the 80-100 price)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    BOOOOO....
    I dont want Granny to be scaled down
    Kinda sucks.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Same here, do not make him smaller, I am sure the savings would be minimal for the amount of plastic they would save. Make him big and make him worth the money we spend on him.

Ah, man! I was really excited about a great big Granymyr!

To be fair, we never really knew how big they were thinking of making him. Maybe the "reduced" size may still feel big enough to us.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Smaller than what though?
    A bread basket.

But no, I see your point. I actually asked on the matty boards about how much he might shrink. If he went from 24'' to 20'' I wouldn't be too upset. But if he ends up just being an inch or two higher than the giants I wouldn't be that happy.

Most likely smaller then Stay Puft for example, that would be close to what $80-100 would yield but he would be massive in comparison to anything in MOTUC.

Tytus and Megator are Giants so how big should the Dragon be? Bigger than them?

And YES YES YES to more NA, its about time!!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Smaller Granamyr sounds really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Most likely smaller then Stay Puft for example, that would be close to what $80-100 would yield but he would be massive in comparison to anything in MOTUC.

Wise words, i never saw Stay Puft in reality only online and if Granamyr is like him i´m fine.

MORE NA YEAH! you beat me to that as well.

Indeed. I'm really hoping Sagitar might be the first quarter "beast!" That'd be amazing.

Heroic Warrior
    Truth be told! Most fans will buy him no matter what size he is. And guess what... Mattel knows that.

To be fair they are SMALL giants if you look at Giants in MOTU cartoons, ideally they need another 3 inches IMO. Stay Puft is to me the perfect size for granamyr, though I'm hoping he's a bit taller.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Truth be told! Most fans will buy him no matter what size he is. And guess what... Mattel knows that.
    True. So, why not make him bigger and charge more for him?
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Thrilled about the more New Adventures characters coming!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Here my guess on what will happen. They told us Gran will be about $80 then they changed it to $100.00 or more. Now they're going to say to keep him at the price they told us: $80.00 he will have to be smaller. Then they'll make him cost over $80.00 anyway.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    True. So, why not make him bigger and charge more for him?
    Granny was probably planned to be pretty big for the money... Mattel is probably rethinking the plans to make sure he falls in a catagory where most fans will pay for him, meaning instead of making him a Rolex, they are going to make him a Bvlgari. But TG is blaming the fans once again for these decisions. I really don't think people had an issue with the price tag, so long as the end product was well worth it.