Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keldor/200X Skeletor double-sword: Mattel are going to do it!

Hybrid View

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Keldor/200X Skeletor double-sword: Mattel are going to do it!

Something TG posted many pages into this thread and which will probably get missed by a great many people as a result:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    But hey, to leave on a good note, we did just have our meeting with management to go over the 2012 line. We also discussed the 200X head design and weapon design direction. While we are still not going to explore 200X redesigned character heads in the online line, I did get some sway on the weapons and we are going to now find a way to do the "Keldor Swords" in Classic style. (despite what people say I am in there fighting the good fight!).

This isn't indicitive of "rules changing", I just made the case that enough fans want these and it doesn't indicate a changed character design. So hey, chalk one up for a fan demand victory!

I was going to save this announcement for NYTF, but hey, you guy wanted a He-Man.org news break, there you go!
    So, let the speculation on what they'll include them with begin :
    1) It's not going to be for a while if the green light's just been given. Think 2012, not 2011.
    2) It's unlikely it'll be with a 200X-Skeletor - as things stand, that would be still be a standard MotUC Skeletor with a white skull & Keldor's cape, which wouldn't be worth it - and they aren't going to redo Keldor.
    3) So, logically, it'll either come with (a) whatever Skeletor variant they were already planning on next [post-BASk, that is] or (b) with an unrelated character as a "secret accessory", ala the 200X He-Man sword's inclusion with Man-at-Arms.

Anyone disagree with my points?
    Last edited by Reboot; January 10, 2011 at 03:05am. Reason: Applying logic to where it'll come

That is great I can't wait to see this. It should be really cool done in the MOTUC style.
    JD

Congrats to all the people who want them.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    "What a great way to refresh that character"
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Yay, a he-man.org news reveal. Way to go Scott, keeping fighting the good fight

Now we need a Keldor reissue

Awesome news!

I vote that they come with one of these:

-Terror Claws Skeletor
    -Laser Light Skeletor
    -Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    -Spikor
    -200X (Young) Evil Lyn
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Yea boy,,,

Keldor will have his al weapons.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I think it's awesome that the 200x fans are finally going to get these swords. We all know they should have been included the first time around.

With that said, I am not particularly a huge fan of the swords myself, so my happiness about the reveal has not blinded me to the fact that TG made this reveal in the aftermath of a pretty ugly interaction between the fans and himself.

Did he know things would get ugly, and have this reveal planned from the start?

Or, did things take a turn for the worse that he wasn't expecting and go into panic mode, looking for some small nugget of information to change the tone of the boards at that particular moment?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I didn't take that thread as turning ugly. Ugly was that 200X head announcement back in August.

He showed up asking for fan input, then summarily rejected everything that was presented to him. People were not pleased over there.

He mocked Val and Emiliano. He showed no interest in Illumina, a character that fans want. He doesn't care about quality control problems.

I used to be the guy that defended him. But frankly, I'm disgusted.

Mattel has done several things that the Better Business Bureau would scoff at. Trouble is, the BBB only works with products and services that aren't monopolized. If you don't like what is happening with a product like MOTU, you only have two options: suck it up, or quit. And they know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    2) It's unlikely it'll be with a 200X-Skeletor - as things stand, that would be still be a standard MotUC Skeletor with a white skull & Keldor's cape, which wouldn't be worth it - and they aren't going to redo Keldor.
    I disagree. With a few reused parts Mattel can make a really cool looking figure.

Take Keldor and give him a Pre-Eternia He-man hood with a Scareglow head, Trap jaw boots, Havoc staff and the 200X swords. If the tooling budget allowed it hairless Beast Man feet. Then just repaint every thing in the 200X color scheme.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Whoo Hoo! Not because of the swords cos I dont really care, but because a lot of people who want them are gonna get them!

Thanks TG!!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredgen View Post
    I disagree. With a few reused parts Mattel can make a really cool looking figure.

Take Keldor and give him a Pre-Eternia He-man hood with a Scareglow head, Trap jaw boots, Havoc staff and the 200X swords. If the tooling budget allowed it hairless Beast Man feet. Then just repaint every thing in the 200X color scheme.
    You miss the point - it isn't a cost issue, they'd find the money if they actually wanted to do it, but a "we want all the Skeletors/etc to look the same... for now" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    This is coming in the next weapons pack... there's no sense in releasing another Keldor / Skeletor variant just for the swords.
    There's no new tooling allocated to weapons paks - it'll come with an item that "has tooling allocated". Probably a figure, maybe the next "diorama" piece to follow the Weapons Rack.

I agree they wouldn't do a Skele-variant JUST for these, but they've shown that they intend to do a Skeletor (& He-Man) variant every year or so, and they could include it with the next one. Or they could follow the route of the MotUC 200X power sword, and pack it in with a tangentially-related character.

I'm with BCRDuke. i think the perfect figure for the swords to come out with is Demo-Man.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    There's no new tooling allocated to weapons paks - it'll come with an item that "has tooling allocated". Probably a figure, maybe the next "diorama" piece to follow the Weapons Rack.
    Hm... maybe a diorama piece of the Throne of Bones could include the swords?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Great news!!! This is what MOTUC is all about.

Very glad to hear this news! Thanks TG!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

That's great news! I'm sure it'll be a pack-in with another figure though, since a Keldor re-release will likely be exactly the same as the original.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    That's great news! I'm sure it'll be a pack-in with another figure though, since a Keldor re-release will likely be exactly the same as the original.
    Unless they go the whole hog and include a 'Acid Burn' head, cos remember 2012 is the 10th anniversary of the line!

just sayin'

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh, YES! This is fantastic news. The swords that came with Keldor were basically my only disappointment with the figure. I'm so excited for these!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Unless they go the whole hog and include a 'Acid Burn' head, cos remember 2012 is the 10th anniversary of the line!

just sayin'

ka
    I was just going to say that now we just need a melting face!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, YES! This is fantastic news. The swords that came with Keldor were basically my only disappointment with the figure. I'm so excited for these!

I was just going to say that now we just need a melting face!
    2012 MOTUC SDCC Exclusive! Keldor with Burning Head, 200X Swords, and new White Skull Head!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    2012 MOTUC SDCC Exclusive! Keldor with Burning Head, 200X Swords, and new White Skull Head!
    Count me in!!! That sound too sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! It would also be cool if they came with 200X Evil-Lyn!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I definitely think that it would make little sense to have these swords come with Demo-Man, as they were Keldor's in the first place.
    I'm betting on a weapons pack, because with the mixed reactions over the first two weapons packs, Matty is going to have to find REALLY cool ways of keeping fans interested in repaints of the same old weapons. Maybe by tossing in a new weapon here and there would boost sales. A 'birth of skeletor' keldor figure would be fantastic....but I'm not holding my breath until we hear more positive discussion from Mattel on sculpting 200X versions of the MOTUC.
    Either way, I'm glad to see more 200x items getting included.
    "I do not feel entirely like myself. Maybe is because my soul is gone, and maybe it is because I am dead. I don't know." -DL