Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keldor/200X Skeletor double-sword: Mattel are going to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, YES! This is fantastic news. The swords that came with Keldor were basically my only disappointment with the figure. I'm so excited for these!

I was just going to say that now we just need a melting face!
    2012 MOTUC SDCC Exclusive! Keldor with Burning Head, 200X Swords, and new White Skull Head!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    MegaGearMax is going to freak out over this news.
    W00T!!!!!
    Hell yes!!!! Pixel Dan, if you're reading this, it's another topic for It Figures!

First 200X He-Man and now Keldor's 200X swords! Now all we need are those heads...

Thanks Toyguru!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 10, 2011 at 10:15am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

What an awesome way to start the week!

This is coming in the next weapons pack... there's no sense in releasing another Keldor / Skeletor variant just for the swords.
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Just reinforces my belief that Scott can do no wrong. Seems obvious to me that Scott loves MOTU in total... and the line is limited only by the 4 Horsemen's imagination, and Scott's ability to get those ideas greenlit by the Trollan Overlords we call Mattel.

Great news, either way. The 200x swords were a big sticking point and we've lobbied hard to get them released. The lesson to take from this is that our voices can effect change in the line. The danger, of course, is that everyone will believe their personal cause can be validated in the same way, and come to blame Scott when the Overlords continue to veto some suggestions while eventually caving on others.

Keldor Swords =/= Filmation rights. This is a victory, but a small one to be savored, not a precedent to be cited when we don't get our way in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    This is coming in the next weapons pack... there's no sense in releasing another Keldor / Skeletor variant just for the swords.
    Except for two rules of the line:
    1) Skeletor Variants will be coming, whether you feel them necessary or not. Most fans are looking at the reality, and looking into where the swords can be released in the schedule and structure of the line.
    2) Weapons packs are, as far as we know, only going to include repaints of previously tooled weapons. Nothing new, period.

3) - For those suggesting they be released with a Keldor refresh - rereleases and second run figures will not include new accessories. If Keldor is rereleased, it will be the same figure as in June 2010. Grayskull was specifically changed from his original release because he was the 4th Quarter Bonus Figure, not a rerelease, and Scott wanted to slot him in before Bonus Figures became part of the subscription... so no one would be stuck with a duplicate King Grayskull unless they wanted him.
    Last edited by Straight Edge; January 10, 2011 at 10:27am.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    2012 MOTUC SDCC Exclusive! Keldor with Burning Head, 200X Swords, and new White Skull Head!
    Count me in!!! That sound too sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    On the face of it, not likely - once they've come with a figure, the moulds will be available for a weapons pak, but only if they were repainted in some significant way for the WP. That would mean the weapons pak version coming with something like gold/black hilts rather than copper/purple.

Are there any other colour schemes they could do that wouldn't be completely random?
    Yeah this is kind of what I meant anyway. If the repaint was too bizarre (quite likely just as you said) I would be happy to custom them up real good.

I really want to be excited about this. But unless it also comes with new boots that have tight ankles I'm just not thrilled about having better swords for a figure that can't stand up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredgen View Post
    I disagree. With a few reused parts Mattel can make a really cool looking figure.

Take Keldor and give him a Pre-Eternia He-man hood with a Scareglow head, Trap jaw boots, Havoc staff and the 200X swords. If the tooling budget allowed it hairless Beast Man feet. Then just repaint every thing in the 200X color scheme.
    You miss the point - it isn't a cost issue, they'd find the money if they actually wanted to do it, but a "we want all the Skeletors/etc to look the same... for now" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    There's no new tooling allocated to weapons paks - it'll come with an item that "has tooling allocated". Probably a figure, maybe the next "diorama" piece to follow the Weapons Rack.

I agree they wouldn't do a Skele-variant JUST for these, but they've shown that they intend to do a Skeletor (& He-Man) variant every year or so, and they could include it with the next one. Or they could follow the route of the MotUC 200X power sword, and pack it in with a tangentially-related character.

I'm with BCRDuke. i think the perfect figure for the swords to come out with is Demo-Man.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    There's no new tooling allocated to weapons paks - it'll come with an item that "has tooling allocated". Probably a figure, maybe the next "diorama" piece to follow the Weapons Rack.
    Hm... maybe a diorama piece of the Throne of Bones could include the swords?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    They could come with...Demo-Man.
    Good call. He seems a bit light on accessories compared to Vikor and it could encourage more prople to buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Except for two rules of the line:
    1) Skeletor Variants will be coming, whether you feel them necessary or not. Most fans are looking at the reality, and looking into where the swords can be released in the schedule and structure of the line.
    2) Weapons packs are, as far as we know, only going to include repaints of previously tooled weapons. Nothing new, period.

3) - For those suggesting they be released with a Keldor refresh - rereleases and second run figures will not include new accessories. If Keldor is rereleased, it will be the same figure as in June 2010. Grayskull was specifically changed from his original release because he was the 4th Quarter Bonus Figure, not a rerelease, and Scott wanted to slot him in before Bonus Figures became part of the subscription... so no one would be stuck with a duplicate King Grayskull unless they wanted him.
    1) I know variants of Skeletor are coming, I'm just saying that variants of a variant (yes Keldor is a variant of Skeletor) are a bit of waste of time, money and tooling (at least for me).

2) AFAIK this rule can be changed, and there's nothing better than an exclusive weapon like Keldor's swords to sell a weapons pack. Just because there was no new tooling on the previous weapons pack doesn't mean there won't be in the near future.
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    This is not really "news" in a way, since as Scott says right there, they've always been borrowing weapon and accessory 200x designs for use in MOTUC.

That the Skeletor sword design was EVER off the table to begin with is what even makes this noteworthy at all.

(I do give Scott kudos for finally getting off the "style" labeling while discussing this topic.)

But you can bet this will be quoted again and again (by myself and others) whenever other fans attempt the tired "Quit beating a dead horse! " argument.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    maybe they'll come with Blade. Or Spikor?
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    maybe they'll come with Blade. Or Spikor?
    No, Blade will come with two Classic Power Swords.

Those original Blade swords were a stylistic interpretation used for the 1987 movie, and that style is currently retired.

Maybe during a movie year, it might be possible to have some refreshes of key characters and we could sneak in some 1987 stylings, but it's too early to say!

Stay tuned!

They shouldn't come with demo-man since they are keldors swords. I would love them to come with spikor, But my money is on a birth of Skeletor variant.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'm not a big fan of that sword or swords as it were, but glad to hear that fans of it will be able to get a MOTUC version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! It would also be cool if they came with 200X Evil-Lyn!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Well They can be used on "Ambrosia Skeletor" (Battle Sound Skeletor, but without battle, or sounds)
    Possible Variants for the sword: (A repaint must come in WP4 or something...)
    Traditional 200X colors, Vintage style colors (orange sword and purple sword) The Disco Versions, Spin Blade versions...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

This is the fan relations stuff I want. Enough fans want the swords, its a collectors line so why not give it to us. Thank TG
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

maybe we'll get a Snake Mountain weapons rack in 2011!

Well i hope they come with a figure i want and not a pointless skeletor variant.

Even when i was younger i never liked variants like 'super skateboarding skeletor' Had to be the normal/orginal

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Maybe the Sword(s) will come with the Facelessone!
    Last edited by JimPansen; January 10, 2011 at 02:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    They shouldn't come with demo-man since they are keldors swords. I would love them to come with spikor, But my money is on a birth of Skeletor variant.
    Perhaps they could have belonged to Demo-Man originally before Keldor got hold of them? Kind of like how Vikor had He-Man's sword.