What an awesome way to start the week!
This is coming in the next weapons pack... there's no sense in releasing another Keldor / Skeletor variant just for the swords.
Just reinforces my belief that Scott can do no wrong. Seems obvious to me that Scott loves MOTU in total... and the line is limited only by the 4 Horsemen's imagination, and Scott's ability to get those ideas greenlit by the Trollan Overlords we call Mattel.
Great news, either way. The 200x swords were a big sticking point and we've lobbied hard to get them released. The lesson to take from this is that our voices can effect change in the line. The danger, of course, is that everyone will believe their personal cause can be validated in the same way, and come to blame Scott when the Overlords continue to veto some suggestions while eventually caving on others.
Keldor Swords =/= Filmation rights. This is a victory, but a small one to be savored, not a precedent to be cited when we don't get our way in the future.
1) Skeletor Variants will be coming, whether you feel them necessary or not. Most fans are looking at the reality, and looking into where the swords can be released in the schedule and structure of the line.
2) Weapons packs are, as far as we know, only going to include repaints of previously tooled weapons. Nothing new, period.
3) - For those suggesting they be released with a Keldor refresh - rereleases and second run figures will not include new accessories. If Keldor is rereleased, it will be the same figure as in June 2010. Grayskull was specifically changed from his original release because he was the 4th Quarter Bonus Figure, not a rerelease, and Scott wanted to slot him in before Bonus Figures became part of the subscription... so no one would be stuck with a duplicate King Grayskull unless they wanted him.
Last edited by Straight Edge; January 10, 2011 at 10:27am.
I really want to be excited about this. But unless it also comes with new boots that have tight ankles I'm just not thrilled about having better swords for a figure that can't stand up.
"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert
"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal
I agree they wouldn't do a Skele-variant JUST for these, but they've shown that they intend to do a Skeletor (& He-Man) variant every year or so, and they could include it with the next one. Or they could follow the route of the MotUC 200X power sword, and pack it in with a tangentially-related character.
I'm with BCRDuke. i think the perfect figure for the swords to come out with is Demo-Man.
"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"
- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"
2) AFAIK this rule can be changed, and there's nothing better than an exclusive weapon like Keldor's swords to sell a weapons pack. Just because there was no new tooling on the previous weapons pack doesn't mean there won't be in the near future.
This is not really "news" in a way, since as Scott says right there, they've always been borrowing weapon and accessory 200x designs for use in MOTUC.
That the Skeletor sword design was EVER off the table to begin with is what even makes this noteworthy at all.
(I do give Scott kudos for finally getting off the "style" labeling while discussing this topic.)
But you can bet this will be quoted again and again (by myself and others) whenever other fans attempt the tired "Quit beating a dead horse! " argument.
maybe they'll come with Blade. Or Spikor?
Does Galactus fart?
Those original Blade swords were a stylistic interpretation used for the 1987 movie, and that style is currently retired.
Maybe during a movie year, it might be possible to have some refreshes of key characters and we could sneak in some 1987 stylings, but it's too early to say!
They shouldn't come with demo-man since they are keldors swords. I would love them to come with spikor, But my money is on a birth of Skeletor variant.
Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/
I'm not a big fan of that sword or swords as it were, but glad to hear that fans of it will be able to get a MOTUC version.
Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com
My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2
Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253
The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.
Well They can be used on "Ambrosia Skeletor" (Battle Sound Skeletor, but without battle, or sounds)
Possible Variants for the sword: (A repaint must come in WP4 or something...)
Traditional 200X colors, Vintage style colors (orange sword and purple sword) The Disco Versions, Spin Blade versions...
Toyguru, read this: The Rebellion needs Glimmer!! I NEED Glimmer!! Pretty Please?
This is the fan relations stuff I want. Enough fans want the swords, its a collectors line so why not give it to us. Thank TG
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
It can't rain all the time.
"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."
maybe we'll get a Snake Mountain weapons rack in 2011!
Well i hope they come with a figure i want and not a pointless skeletor variant.
Even when i was younger i never liked variants like 'super skateboarding skeletor' Had to be the normal/orginal
Maybe the Sword(s) will come with the Facelessone!
Last edited by JimPansen; January 10, 2011 at 02:34pm.
Only one of anybody.