Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keldor/200X Skeletor double-sword: Mattel are going to do it!

I definitely think that it would make little sense to have these swords come with Demo-Man, as they were Keldor's in the first place.
    I'm betting on a weapons pack, because with the mixed reactions over the first two weapons packs, Matty is going to have to find REALLY cool ways of keeping fans interested in repaints of the same old weapons. Maybe by tossing in a new weapon here and there would boost sales. A 'birth of skeletor' keldor figure would be fantastic....but I'm not holding my breath until we hear more positive discussion from Mattel on sculpting 200X versions of the MOTUC.
    Either way, I'm glad to see more 200x items getting included.
    "I do not feel entirely like myself. Maybe is because my soul is gone, and maybe it is because I am dead. I don't know." -DL

Great news! Those swords are epic! I'm just bummed they didn't come with Keldor.

Anyway, thank you, Toyguru!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    This is coming in the next weapons pack... there's no sense in releasing another Keldor / Skeletor variant just for the swords.
    Yes this!! I better not have to buy another keldor figure over this It better either come with a future figure or in a weapons pack because this just reverts back to my original statement about not needing 3 of everyone

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    adam03 - go back & look at my or Straight Edge's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Perhaps they could have belonged to Demo-Man originally before Keldor got hold of them? Kind of like how Vikor had He-Man's sword.
    They're not unique or special in any way beyond a distinctive design - hell, they got melted to nothing in The Beginning, and yet Skeletor had another one a couple of eps later. They're just a sword in two parts - i.e., metal not magic & easily replacable - in the same way as Teela & Randor's swords, or the bladed weapons carried by Grizzlor & Man-at-Arms, are just plain blades whatever their decoration.

Obviously excited about this; it was one of the few things I was vocal about. It only makes sense to give those swords thier due. I never expected them to remake them just like the 200X figure, I just wanted a less detailed version or something interesting and new based on the design.

Anyway, glad to hear that this is a go! Very interested to see which Skeletor gets the swords (or Spikor, since MAA got to have the 200X sword to give to He-Man.)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I said this a while back once before, but I think it would be cool if they did a 2-pack of He-Man vs Skeletor with a DVD to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 2002 line and MYP toon and 2012 would of course be the year for it.

Just have He-Man come with the techno-sword and KG armor, all with 200x color-correct paint applications, and have Skeletor come with the new "proper" Keldor double blade sword, Keldor cape and gauntlet forearms, white (or off-white/bone colored) skull face, and also 200x accurate paint apps on his harness (or Keldor's harness). Then throw in a DVD of "The Beginning" pilot story arc for the newcomer kids, and there you have it!

They could even make it a Target exclusive or something, since the original 200x 2-pack with video was.

Quote Originally Posted by REX-203 View Post
    I said this a while back once before, but I think it would be cool if they did a 2-pack of He-Man vs Skeletor with a DVD to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 2002 line and MYP toon and 2012 would of course be the year for it.

Just have He-Man come with the techno-sword and KG armor, all with 200x color-correct paint applications, and have Skeletor come with the new "proper" Keldor double blade sword, Keldor cape and gauntlet forearms, white (or off-white/bone colored) skull face, and also 200x accurate paint apps on his harness (or Keldor's harness). Then throw in a DVD of "The Beginning" pilot story arc for the newcomer kids, and there you have it!

They could even make it a Target exclusive or something, since the original 200x 2-pack with video was.
    If this were the case, I would hope there would be another way to buy the swords since I hate having to buy variant figures just to get accessories.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm predicting a 'Skeletor Throne' Diorama like the weapons rack... Coming with those 2 swords.

Now I'm curious if the 'classicized' version of them will be able to be connected.... or continually apart?

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    On a side note, Why did Toy Guru say."While we are still not going to explore 200X redesigned character heads in the online line." The part about the online line interests me the most. Why would he say it like that. What other line is there?? Is there something else coming down the line for retail where they can use 200x style? Retail Maybe??

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    On a side note, Why did Toy Guru say."While we are still not going to explore 200X redesigned character heads in the online line." The part about the online line interests me the most. Why would he say it like that. What other line is there?? Is there something else coming down the line for retail where they can use 200x style? Retail Maybe??
    200X Variants of Characters Thread

Toyguru mentioned that "If we do 200X heads they will be with a figure. After all, we need to save things for key refreshes down the line."

I'd say IF they were going to do this, then it might be a NEW retail MOTUC subline similar to MOTUC vs DCUC--maybe an exclusive to Kmart, Walmart or Target. Until he says otherwise, this is all fan conjecture.

But still...bringing 200X back to retail, even if it's Classicized?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    If this were the case, I would hope there would be another way to buy the swords since I hate having to buy variant figures just to get accessories.
    Yeah I kinda know what you mean, and partially agree. But imho, this would be a pretty reasonable way to get the 200x double swords AND a more MYP cartoon accurate Skelly. Just a thought, that's all.

The "online line" mention caught my attention as well. I wonder if they are planning a full retail line for 2012.

I reckon they should just be in the next weapon pack.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I reckon they should just be in the next weapon pack.
    Well, I doubt it will be the next weapon pack, as I'm sure they will probably release one or two more between now and 2012...

I still hope to see them included with a Throne of Bones.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    So what's it gonna be? Keldor reissue with proper weapons or weapons pak inclusion?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Cool news... not exactly chomping at the bit for these swords but they will make better accessories for Keldor than what we were previously given. I kind of want a lil' story for 'em, so I'm hoping they come with a figure so they can get a nod in a bio... but honestly they could throw them in a Weapons Pak (like some have said, having a couple of newly tooled weapons here and there would be welcome among the repainted accessories), have them come as pack-in secret accessories for someone like Spikor or Blade, or the idea already thrown out there of the throne of bones diorama coming with the swords was great! I wonder if they would end up the accessories of a Terror Claws or Dragon Blaster Skeletor? The one route I wouldn't be keen on them taking is a Keldor variant of any sort. I don't really need a Keldor with his face melting off (mostly because it's been done already) or a Royal Armor Keldor variant or anything like that...
    What if they come with a King Miro figure? After banishing big daddy, "Prince Keldor takes his father's twin swords and uses them for evil!" I can see it on Miro's bio now!

Heroic Warrior
    if they do make a 200x Skeletor varient, i hope that they give him a better hood for his head, something like the hood DCUC Raven is sporting would look really good for Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    I would hazard a guess that straight-up new-head only figures might be a retail option because if you think of who the "casual" MOTU fan is in retail, it's probably the MYP/200x fan (they were young/old enough at the time to be shopping for/with their kids now), who might scoff at the vintage looks of some characters (as evidenced by some of our own fellow board members and their reactions to things like Buzz-Off's head).

I'm not too concerned either way, but I could totally see tracking these down to complement the other retail versions of MOTUC found in the TRU 2-packs.

Awesome news!

I vote that they come with one of these:

-Terror Claws Skeletor
    -Laser Light Skeletor
    -Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    -Spikor
    -200X (Young) Evil Lyn
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    2012 MOTUC SDCC Exclusive! Keldor with Burning Head, 200X Swords, and new White Skull Head!
    UGhhh... I'd hate that.

First of all... I hate varients as a rule... ESPECIALLY 'prequel' characters.

Keldor is not interesting... he what Skeletor was, BEFORE Skeletor... Any story I have in my head is about Skeletor, and Keldor has no place on the shelf at the same time as Skeletor... (Same goes with Kronis)

On the flip side.... at least with them, you can creat a faction or some kind 'flashback team' and imagine adventures and what not.... that's what they WERE... Ok.. I can see that...

Melting face is a varient depicting a MOMENT in that characters life... it's such a blink and you'll miss it time frame I find figures of it to be a waste. Just throw the swords in with random skeletor xxxx and be done with it. Man-at-arms got He-man's 200x sword, goddess had a set of He-man stuff... Faker's weapons in a weapon pack... so obviously they aren't too picky about HOW the accessories get to the fans.... as long as they GET there...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Alright, this is awesome! Thanks Toyguru!

They could come with Demo-Man
    or any other Skeletor variant.
    They should put them on NA Skeletor, that version needs some blades.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

man i go to bed and BAM awesome news!!!!

I AM EXCITED!!!! They should have done it when keldor was released the first time. Hopefully they will get packed in with someone like other have stated. I would HATE to have to buy a figure i already have
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    They should have done it when keldor was released the first time. Hopefully they will get packed in with someone like other have stated.
    I really liked having 'Hidden' items in MAA and Trike, I really hope they are included in another character!

PLEASE let it be Spikor!!!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Finally!

Thanks TG

I don't see them coming in a Weapons Pak, Tg said WP's were for reissue/recolouring, not releases.

I really don't see the need for every accessory to be written into the bio's or for them to come with the "right' character. While it's fun to see how they work them in, I'd take Fisto with a white Hordak crossbow just to have it. No explaination required!

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Finally!

Thanks TG

I don't see them coming in a Weapons Pak, Tg said WP's were for reissue/recolouring, not releases.

I really don't see the need for every accessory to be written into the bio's or for them to come with the "right' character. While it's fun to see how they work them in, I'd take Fisto with a white Hordak crossbow just to have it. No explaination required!
    exactly. no explanation needed. save the bio space for the character
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Yea boy,,,

Keldor will have his al weapons.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone