Thread: Sun-Man vs. Pig-Face 2-pack bios...

Sun-Man vs. Pig-Face 2-pack bios...

Sometimes controversial, the decision by Olmec toys to produce Motu-sized figures in response to the up until that point mainly caucasian cast of human Motu characters was innovative. However, as use of the name 'Pig-Face' for the villain and various copyright issues (that Mattel relented on) proved, the Olmec toys line was not above a few questionable tactics of its own.
    In any case, I find the whole Sun-Man phenomenon interesting as a toy collector, Motu fan and socio-political student and would loce MattyCollector to produce a twin pack of a resculpted Sun-Man and Pig-Face!
    To this end, I've dashed off a little bio for such a release:
    " Sun-Man (real name Amon Phoebus of Olmec in the Galaxy Trefixa)
    vs.
    Pig-Face (real name Viseen Porsor)

Eternia's paralell dimension planet of Olmec did not escape the denizens of Despondos. When the demon king Viseen was summoned by a group of Olmecian disciples, the lord of the Olmec Citadel, Amon, needed to match this threat.
    *Amon's chief strategists deciphered that Tusk Fortress in the Olmecian wastes held the clue to battling the cruel sorcery of the demon his people now called Pig-Face. Spending days and nights meditating within the fortress, Amon was given an enchanted breastplate in a dream. The dream guru who gifted it to him told him that when he put it on and announced that "Might Walks With Me In The Light!" he would channel the power of Olmec's Sun-Men, becoming Sun-Man the mightiest man in the dimension.*
    *With this new power Sun-Man battles Pig-Face, invariably sending him back to his lair of Wolf Cave after every attempted coup.
    Occasionally working with interdimensional ally He-Man, Sun-Man now builds his army of Olmecian protectors."
    Last edited by Moominsthenmotu; September 19, 2010 at 06:03am. Reason: Correcting facts.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, good job and good intentions too.

btw, i must remind that olmec toys, in person of the president mrs yla eason, claimed to be ethnically correct (and it was a good thing, in the intentions) but the story of polictics and sex scandal and workers exploitation implied in their dolls' production is really politically incorrect.

Good grief Charlie Brown - you're right! Olmec went a bit out of control and, as I said above, 'Pig-Face' was a dubious villain name. In any case, even with the corporate shenanigans of Olmec, 'Sun-Man' is as obscure an offshoot of Motu as Mo-Larr or Gygor and deserves a bit of a Matty nod - legal things willing! I'd get a kick out of it. Sorry!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    it's alright, you don't have to ask sorry!
    as said you did a good job, and i really like sun man characters (as most of 80's motu knockoffs). the idea was great, and so the intentions.

cheers,
    good ol' charlie brown

Heroic Warrior

Sun-Man's Team

I would love to see a two pack of Sun-Man and Pig Head in MOTUC. I was just read the mini comic that came with my Sun-Man the other day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Do i assume correctly that Mattel has no ability whatsoever to make these characters?

It's sort of like Fuerza T, in that they'd be plenty easy to make and cool to get a hold of, but it's almost less likely to happen than Strong Arm and Shadow Weaver.

Heroic Warrior
    Thats about right