Thread: What is your favorite fan-created 200X update of an existing MOTU character?

Heroic Warrior

What is your favorite fan-created 200X update of an existing MOTU character?

I know, I know. 200X is not exactly a very current style to discuss--or it is only to the extent that Mattel loves to remind us it's retired, and half the fan-base loves to tell us how it was TEH SUXXORS and TEH WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MOTU!!!11!!!

But that aside, the added design elements that the Four Horesman brought to the characters is what made me fall in love with MOTU again. And I know at the height of it's popularity a lot of orgers took to making their own 200X-inspired designs of MOTU characters. Unfortunately, I was not on the board the majority of the time this was going on, but I have looked at some of the redesign contest threads.

I must say I am blown away by how much talent there is on the boards. However, not to too critical, but I will say that as good as a lot of the fan designs were, I did feel like a lot of them got too ornate or overly complex when trying to mimic the 4H's design aesthetics. I think the strength of the 4H designs lied in their thoughtfulness and restraint, as much as in their detail.

Ok, enough babbling. I was hoping some of you would share with me your favorite fan-created 200X updates of existing MOTU characters.

Below is my favorite--a redesign of Goat Man. I don't know the artist, but I think he or she has struck the perfect balance between adding details (and a more bestial nature), without going overboard. Plus the drawing looks exactly like a 4H staction. It's just an awesome piece.

A small corner of Hordeworld called Oddville
    A lot of good designs from from a lot of good artists, but this Madam Razz is awesome!

Emiliano's Extendar and his Trooper.. They are both so awesome.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

That Goat Man has always stood out to me as a great redeisgn. I think it was Battle Brak who drew that...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Yeah Emiliano's Extendar rocked!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Goat Man, or Emiliano's sweet Bee 200x redesign.

I would love for him to do the entire POP with 200x in mind.

Man, that Goat Man and Razz are awesome. Anybody have links to Emiliano's pics?
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!