With the MOTUC version of Vikor coming up on January 18th, I felt a vintage counterpart needed to be made as well. So, encouraged by the vintage custom king Tyke, I started working.
This vintage version of Vikor is what the vintage He-Man might have looked like had the sketch by Mark Taylor been approved about 30 years ago...
- Helmet: Playmobil viking (cut and resculpted to fit He-Man’s head)
- Head: vintage He-Man (repainted)
- Body: vintage Tri-Klops
- Cape: vintage Grizzlor’s fur
- Loin cloth: parts of a McDonalds Superman figure cape (cut and painted)
- Sword: from a no-name knight toy
- Axe: vintage He-Man axe (heavily modified)
- Shield: vintage Grayskull weapin (modified)
- Necklace: from a no-name prehistoric figure
I added a ‘rusty’ look to all his weapons, just like the new MOTUC figure has. I wanted to have his weapons look like they are ‘worn’ by time (and fierce battles) and did not go for a very ‘clean’ look. The only thing I don’t really like is the way his shield came out. That needs to be modified a bit so that the ‘tip’ stays on better. Otherwise I’m extremely pleased with this figure. Comments are welcome!