Thread: Is anyone into Punk, Punk-Rock or Hardcore Punk?

Is anyone into Punk, Punk-Rock or Hardcore Punk?

I noticed a big part of the fanbase is really into metal. Is anyone out there who listens to any sub-genre of punk music?
    Last edited by Delthaindia; May 1, 2014 at 01:56am.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

*raises hand*
    Definitely!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Heroic Warrior
    For sure, a lot of what I listen to falls into the crossover or punk/thrash mix.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    *raises hand*
    Definitely!
    nice!!

I dig pretty much everything (depends on the band) from proto-punk such as mc5 or dead boys to some really heavy hc stuff, supposing it came from 'punk' or a 'diy' environment (not the metal/hc with that mid-tempos....)

my favourite band of all time are the bad brains! but I still ain't got that PMA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    For sure, a lot of what I listen to falls into the crossover or punk/thrash mix.
    huge anthrax fan here!
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Heroic Warrior
    Cro-mags
    agnostic front
    suicidal tendencies
    excel
    d.r.i.
    Stuff like that. Love it!
    yep I like old school Anthrax!

Cro-mags
    agnostic front
    suicidal tendencies
    excel
    d.r.i.
    Stuff like that. Love it!
    I love cro-mags but its not a secret the band (especially the singer, john joseph) was extremely influenced by the brains-
    Excel is a great band as well...
    Last edited by Delthaindia; May 1, 2014 at 02:48am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    I love cro-mags but its not a secret the band (especially the singer, john joseph) was extremely influenced by the brains-
    Excel is a great band as well...
    Yes I think he was like their roadie or something.

Yes I think he was like their roadie or something.
    yes he was from a certain period....I think during the I against I tour

Heroic Warrior
    You ever listen to a band called Leeway? Another oldschool nyhc band, but again also falls into the thrash realm. Gnarly stuff!

You ever listen to a band called Leeway? Another oldschool nyhc band, but again also falls into the thrash realm. Gnarly stuff!
    I heard (or read?) about them but never listened to the songs. Ill give them a shot asap!

Heroic Warrior
    I heard (or read?) about them but never listened to the songs. Ill give them a shot asap!
    Highly recommend them! Born to expire is their first and best album IMO, check 'em out.

Highly recommend them! Born to expire is their first and best album IMO, check 'em out.
    i definitely will

Heroic Warrior
    i definitely will
    If you like the cro-mags album best wishes (harley on vocals) and don't mind your punk a little thrashy, you'll dig it.

I'm pretty new about the Punk thing except for Alternative music.

But I'm into Suicidal Tendencies, Minor Threat, Bad Religion, The Clash, Public Image Ltd, Ramones, Rancid, Hell even the Offsprings (who considered as un punk because most of their song are taken from someone else group.).
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Yes please!!!

Bad Brains
    T.S.O.L.
    The Exploited
    G.B.H.
    Suicidal
    Circle Jerks
    Black Flag
    Sex Pistols
    Subhumans
    Dead Kennedys
    D.R.I.
    FEAR
    Dag Nasty
    Misfits
    Samhain

In no certain order of importance.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    Yes please!!!

Bad Brains
    T.S.O.L.
    The Exploited
    G.B.H.
    Suicidal
    Circle Jerks
    Black Flag
    Sex Pistols
    Subhumans
    Dead Kennedys
    D.R.I.
    FEAR
    Dag Nasty
    Misfits
    Samhain

In no certain order of importance.
    aside from exploited and gbh thats kinda the stuff I really like as well....I also listen to dischord and all the post '85 movement. they are really my cup of tea.
    do you like OFF?

I'd say about 80% of my music collection falls under some form or subgenre of punk rock, and the stuff
    that isn't often inspired, or was inspired by punk rock.
    I like a lot of melodic pop punk. But there have been the occasional hardcore punk bands that grabbed me
    along with ska punk, street punk, post punk, and so on.

My absolute favorite band of all time is easily The Mr. T Experience.

A sampling of some of my other favorites (Some became huge some stayed under the radar)

The Ramones
    Operation IVY
    Descendents/ALL
    Husker Du
    The Jam
    The Clash
    Buzzcocks
    Social Distortion
    Green Day (Shut up! You know who you are.)
    The Dollyrots
    The Undertones
    The Flipsides
    Even In Blackouts
    The Replacements
    Pennywise
    Teenage Bottlerocket
    Zero Down
    Lagwagon
    Ann Beretta
    Link
    The Soviettes
    Screeching Weasel
    Pure Hell
    The Damned
    Pinhead Gunpowder
    Sick Of It All
    The Groovie Ghoulies
    The Hi-Fives
    Sweet Baby
    Brent's T.V.
    The Donnas
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Looks like I'm the only one who love Bad Religion.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Im a big punk fan but now i find myself listening to more "post-punk" acts like Joy Division, the Replacements, or Gang of Four.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.