Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 162

Thread: DC Direct Animated movies

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman75 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this news. I was not crazy about the story and felt there were better stories out there they could have done.
    Agreed. I'm not in the "Batman can beat anyone" camp.

  2. #52
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,581
    He can with enough time to prepare.

  3. #53
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,392
    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman75 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this news. I was not crazy about the story and felt there were better stories out there they could have done.
    I wish they'd quite giving us watered down adaptions of existing comics and tell new stories.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    392
    Hi,

    Over the World´s Finest Boards, user "j3h's" posted about Eliza Dushku tweeting about "Gotham City":

    https://twitter.com/#!/elizadushku/s...71477724315648

    And many fans are guessing that she will voice a character in the future "Batman Year One" animated movie.

    Of course this is not confirmed, since there are few Batman projects in development: the Arkham City videgame and of course the movie TDKR, but she being part of the cast of BYO could be possible since Bruce Timm like to have actors on these movies(and the previous cartoons) projects which appeared on Joss Weadon TV series, we will have to wait for a confirmation.

    On other news if anyone is interested in the score of the animated shorts(Specter, Hex, Green Arrow, Superman/Shazam!) La La Land Records will be releasing a CD, here´s the info.

    http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/ne...llnews&id=1005

    Later...
    Last edited by Razor; April 11, 2011 at 01:49pm.
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

  5. #55
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,130
    ZOMG - Eliza voicing Catwoman would be PERFECT. Her voice has that "gravel-y" quality that would be great for Catwoman!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    ZOMG - Eliza voicing Catwoman would be PERFECT. Her voice has that "gravel-y" quality that would be great for Catwoman!
    She's actually always been my #1 pick to play Wonder Woman!

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    My top 3 favorites are Green Lantern First Flight, Batman Under the Red Hood, and Wonder Woman. JL Crisis on Two Earths was excellent as well, but those three take the cake. My least favorite is Batman Gotham Knight, as there was nothing in there I found to be really enjoyable outside of Deadshot. The next two least favorites of mine are the Superman movies. All-Star and Doomsday are just poorly paced, poorly animated (styles), and drawn out. First off, Doomsday is dead by like the 15 minute mark, so why was his name even in the title? Secondly, Superman being dead and then coming back 20 minutes later has no impact, especially since there are no other heroes to back up his death. It just feels empty. As for All-Star, well, again, it is extremely paced poorly. The Kryptonian duo stuff did not need to be in the movie, as they were completely pointless, Samson and that other dude were annoying, and the whole "I think Superman is going to kill me" stuff came out of left field and was haphazardly written. Finally, once again, there was little to no action in a Superman movie.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    My top 3 favorites are Green Lantern First Flight, Batman Under the Red Hood, and Wonder Woman. JL Crisis on Two Earths was excellent as well, but those three take the cake. My least favorite is Batman Gotham Knight, as there was nothing in there I found to be really enjoyable outside of Deadshot. The next two least favorites of mine are the Superman movies. All-Star and Doomsday are just poorly paced, poorly animated (styles), and drawn out. First off, Doomsday is dead by like the 15 minute mark, so why was his name even in the title? Secondly, Superman being dead and then coming back 20 minutes later has no impact, especially since there are no other heroes to back up his death. It just feels empty. As for All-Star, well, again, it is extremely paced poorly. The Kryptonian duo stuff did not need to be in the movie, as they were completely pointless, Samson and that other dude were annoying, and the whole "I think Superman is going to kill me" stuff came out of left field and was haphazardly written. Finally, once again, there was little to no action in a Superman movie.

    Did you ever read All-Star Superman? If you haven't I would highly recommened it. All-Star Superman has to be one of the best Superman stories written in the past 30 years. It's a Superman story that kind of brings together the style of Superman stories from the Golden and Silver Age of comics.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  9. #59
    Mother Canucker GP Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    773
    So, what will be the next movie to come out right after Emerald Knights? Is Batman Year One the next one right after Green Lantern?

  10. #60
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,581
    Yeah, then Tower of Babel I believe, unless I missed one in between.

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    392
    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    So, what will be the next movie to come out right after Emerald Knights? Is Batman Year One the next one right after Green Lantern?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah, then Tower of Babel I believe, unless I missed one in between.
    Yeap that´s right, the next one after "Emerald Knights" will be "Batman: Year One" and the first animated movie of 2012 will be "Justice League Doom" which was adapted and written by Dwayne McDuffie before his death.

    And speaking of the upcoming GL animated movie, one thing that bug me is that Christopher Meloni didn´t reprise his role as Hal Jordan, I like what he did on "First Flight" and since the designs for "Emerald Knights" are very similar or the same of "First Flight" it would make sense to have him back, nothing against Nathan Fillion, I think he´s a good actor, and I like him as Steve Trevor in "Wonder Woman" but it would have been nice to see Christopher Meloni back as Hal. But apart from that I´m really exited about "Emerald Knights", the trailer looks really good.

    Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Did you ever read All-Star Superman? If you haven't I would highly recommened it. All-Star Superman has to be one of the best Superman stories written in the past 30 years. It's a Superman story that kind of brings together the style of Superman stories from the Golden and Silver Age of comics.
    I tried, but I couldn't get into it. The art was terrible and to be honest, I just have a hard time enjoying Superman stuff when he does not have a supporting cast of heroes around him or even interesting villians. All-Star had none of those. Personally, I prefer "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" story as a final Superman story.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I tried, but I couldn't get into it. The art was terrible and to be honest, I just have a hard time enjoying Superman stuff when he does not have a supporting cast of heroes around him or even interesting villians. All-Star had none of those. Personally, I prefer "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" story as a final Superman story.
    Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow was another Alan Moore Classic and it did have all the guest stars you could want for a "final" Superman story. All-Star Superman is not the death of Superman but more like a re-birth. You are led to believe that this story leads into the series DC One Million were Superman has finally completed fixing the Sun and comes back to Earth far off into the future. There is this huge celebration across the galaxy for his return and the Supermen who were "cloned" have a gift for Superman were, thru time travel, he is able to see his modern day friends and colleagues.

    I have a few friends who bought the first 2 issues of All-Star, didn't like it and gave them to me. I loved all 12 issues, but I know there are a few people who do not like Quitely's artwork, it's very European but beautiful in it's own way. I love his take on Superman, he is bigger and more assertive and aggressive in All-Star than most of the other stories about him. I love the tour thru the Fortress of Solitude and I love that it is a straight Superman story. I love the look Luthor has once he has the powers of Superman and the attitude that he has towards Clark Kent. It seems like the only person who really likes and respects Clark Kent is Lex Luthor.

    If you want other heroes there is a life-size chess board of Superman's best friends and greatest enemies and a statue of Batman is on the allies side. But that's about it.

    I love Superman in the team dynamic from Justice League to Legion of Superheroes but I this is Superman's story and one of his best. For a better understanding of the continuity of the movie giving the comic another read might help. Who knows, you might like it this time.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    I forgot to add the one thing I did love about ASSM was the entire stuff with Lex and Clark in the prison. I do not know why,m but it made you realize that Lex is indeed nothing more than a human who fears his own being because of Superman's invulnerability and that is what drives his madness.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I forgot to add the one thing I did love about ASSM was the entire stuff with Lex and Clark in the prison. I do not know why,m but it made you realize that Lex is indeed nothing more than a human who fears his own being because of Superman's invulnerability and that is what drives his madness.
    Well it's not just fear. He resents that Clark has God-like powers and doesn't do with them what he thinks he would. The part I liked about the movie was when Luthor marveled at how incredible it is to see the world through Superman's eyes. It changes him and he didn't think it would. Also, I agree the astronauts were out of place, but their segment by itself was pretty neat and would have been better as its own movie (though I guess they're basically a return to Superman 2 territory--and possibly what Man of Steel is going to be as well).

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Lex revealing, not just to Clark in the prison, but when he is attacking the first shuttle to the Sun, that he gets older and Supes stays the same makes Luthor that much more of an understandable character. Like gbagok said, when Lex sees the world thru Superman's eyes and it changes him. The thing that really hit me is when Lex lost the power, crumbled to the ground and said he'd seen everything, he saw how to save the world. Then Superman responds to Lex if you wanted to save the world you could have years ago and Lex says I know.
    I thought that was very powerful, not only for letting you see how Lex sees things but how Superman views Lex Luthor. In his first appearance, Lex was a friendly competitor to Superman, think Osymandias first meeting Dr. Manhattan. The smartest man in the world meeting a god.
    You can understand why Lex would resent Superman. When he asks Clark Kent what he would do if he had Superman's powers, Clark responds help people and Lex kinda scoffs at him.
    I loved the astronauts and maybe I'm the only one who doesn't see it as being out of place because it deals with the overall story of Superman not being long for the Earth and his hope that these distant relatives of his would be able to replace him as Earth's greatest hero. At the end of it the true character of Superman shows thru when he sends them to the Phantom Zone to stave off the effects of Kryptonite poisoning. It's
    an aspect of the comic that I'm happy they kept in the movie.
    You guys have me all worked up again for this film. I'm gonna go home tonight and pop her in and listen to Bruce Timm and Grant Morrison commentary while watching this great Superman story.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    392
    Hi,

    Well it's official, Eliza Dushku will be Catwoman in BYO:

    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-one-announced

    Can't wait for this movie.

    Later...
    Last edited by Razor; April 20, 2011 at 08:51pm.
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,809
    New GL animated movie just came out. I enjoyed it, but I wasn't expecting a lot because it's an anthology similar to Batman Gotham Knight. It's actually pretty cool, and visually just gorgeous. The style is similar to Green Lantern First Flight, but better. I think Fillion is a better Hal than Meloni too. If they make the Sinestro Corps movie or Blackest Night (depending on how well the live GL movie does I guess), I hope they make it as a sequel to this with the same voices and style.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    I also enjoyed it. Laira's segment was my favorite. Arisia was a bit off. I didn't like her hair cut (I know, shallow) and in the comics, she comes from a family of GLs. They played her as a complete newbie novice.

  20. #70
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,581
    Justice League: Doom - You can watch this online, if you know what I mean.

    Anyway, this is loosely based on Justice League: Tower of Babel, except instead of Ras Al Ghul, it's Vandal Savage, which also works perfectly.

    If you aren't familiar with the story, I won't spoil it.

    Basically each member of the Justice League is getting taken out by their arch nemesis in the most well thought out way possible, exploiting weaknesses only someone close to them would know.

    This was really good and a nice update on the original storyline, plus a great story about Batman in general.

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Never heard of the original story, as such, I never read it. I look forward to this thing.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  22. #72
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    I watched this movie over the weekend. I am not sure why but I really wasn't loving it. I'll have to watch it again to see why or if I'll like it better the 2nd time.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Why are you guys too impatient to just watch it when it comes out on video? Why not support the people who created it instead of downloading it to watch it? I can understand if it was a TV series that would not have a season set on video for a while, but this is a direct to video movie. Waiting two weeks would not have killed you.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  24. #74
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Why are you guys too impatient to just watch it when it comes out on video? Why not support the people who created it instead of downloading it to watch it? I can understand if it was a TV series that would not have a season set on video for a while, but this is a direct to video movie. Waiting two weeks would not have killed you.
    I received a screener copy for review. I never said I watched it illegally did I?

    I still buy/rent all comic related movies even after I watch them by other means.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I received a screener copy for review. I never said I watched it illegally did I?

    I still buy/rent all comic related movies even after I watch them by other means.
    Gotcha. My bad for jumping the gun, but there is another board where a guy was talking about how much he hated the movie because it was nothing like the comic and he had watched it by downloading it because it was not worth him giving money to those who "*******ized" the comic.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •