Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.51!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    This is insinuating that "200x He-Man" is NOT a variant that people want.
    No, it's a statement of fact - even if we discount variants of characters which haven't even been done once, people are asking for MYP Evil-Lyn, NA He-Man, toy She-Ra, etc. Mattel are not currently short of variants people want. Give it five years and twenty variants (+TRU two-packs and anything else in that vein), and while they'll still have plenty of options to do, a lot of the demanded variants will be gone. Then they might start considering doing 2kHM and doing him right...

Heroic Warrior
    Please forgive me for asking such a stupid question cuz I think I know the answer.
    But what is "purple half swords" treatment?
    Is it cuz Skeletor Re-Issue 02 came with two whole swords like mine did?

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    Please forgive me for asking such a stupid question cuz I think I know the answer.
    But what is "purple half swords" treatment?
    Is it cuz Skeletor Re-Issue 02 came with two whole swords like mine did?
    "Purple Half Sword Treatment" is a pejorative term referencing Mattel's cost-cutting measures and certain disdain towards the 200X era of MOTU. It references the MOTUC Keldor Swords and the whole controversy they spawned. Instead of getting a "classicized" version of the 2002 swords we got the 2 half swords in purple. Mattel went on a long-winded explanation on how the 2002 swords were the power sword (with Anime Hyper-detail) and that's why we got the purple halves on MOTUC. Later on they claimed that they were not the power sword halves. Recently they said that the 2002 Keldor swords CAN be made.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    I agree with you AdultCollector. He avoided to answer the question in full. The question was in 3 parts. He chose to answer only the first. Giving an answer we already know.
    THAT is the problem I believe... Both here, and in the Ask Matty threads, you're only allowed ONE question.

when you sneak extra questions in under the same paragraph... They only answer the first one.

That's not an idication of 'Yes we purposefully sold items that other people returned... (which legally speaking would be suicide...) It's more along the lines of "No, your not going to get me to answer 3 questions in one...."

SOMETIMES they go indepth with thier answers... but most of the time they only answer ONE of the questions...

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    As for 200x He-Man, I'm looking at a display case with quite a few too many He-Man variants clogging up the shelves, and only two Skeletor figures (not including Keldor).

I must have lost count then... Granted i missed a few figures, but I didn't think they've gone overboard yet have they? Of course I fully EXPECT them too... but didn't think it had happened yet...

He-man...

TRU He-man... (which was hardly a must have if you already have regular He-man..

BA He-man...

Who am I missing?

Prince Adam doesn't count... (not if we're not counting Keldor... Both are 'secret Id' characters)

King Grayskull
    Vikor
    Wundar
    Oo-Lar

They aren't He-man... any more than the 4 eternia guards are Varients of Man-at-arms...

PRETERNIA disguise!! Forgot about him... But I didn't get the sub, so I'll never SEE him

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    And if Vikor gets a new head, then a "Classicized" 200x He-Man should, too.

So at the VERY least, a 200x He-Man should have a new harness, and a new face, if not a new face AND new hair sculpt.

This is a variant worth doing Mattel, but do it right.

The only difference I see is that Vikor is NOT He-man... when put next to each other they HAVE to look like different characters.

200x is He-man... More importantly, he is Adam from the House of Randor.... 200x, regular, Thunder punch... they are all the same man.

so the idea that they don't want to make him with a completly different head seems perfectly legitimate to me... The purpose here is to meld all the MOTU, 200x, NA, and PoP into one franchise... Has been from the start...

Add in you'll only get the 200x IS the vintage hair only anime'd... and I don't see it happening...

Of course... I wouldn't be a bit surprised if NA got a brand new hair sculpt... so WHO knows....

I remember when Toy Guru said that a 200X He-Man, if put through the classics machine, would looke like the He-Man we already have.

I'm not a fan of having a "200X He-Man" taking up a spot. Not because I don't want one but because it would be too similar to what we already have. IMO the perfect thing to do would be to give Snake Armor He-Man his 200X hair, that way we could mix n match He-Man, Grayskull and Snake Armor He-Man to create 200X He-Man if we needed to.

Most importantly, I would love to see a He-Man head with MYP hair (un-hyper-anime-detailed, of course).

If anyone is wondering about their Cyber Monday Sale He-Man/Men, it is sorta easy to check which version you have. The first run had red eyes, reversed shoulders, etc.. The third run has "Made in China" on the sword handle and the secodn run doesn't have any markings on the sword handle. (If I'm wrong on this, someone pls let me know).

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    200x is He-man... More importantly, he is Adam from the House of Randor.... 200x, regular, Thunder punch... they are all the same man.

so the idea that they don't want to make him with a completly different head seems perfectly legitimate to me... The purpose here is to meld all the MOTU, 200x, NA, and PoP into one franchise... Has been from the start...
    Adam got a second head.
    Last edited by He-Boy; January 20, 2011 at 01:15am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Adam got a second head.
    Ehhhh... Different Expression, Same head/hair

I'm all for a little variety in expressions if we're going to get 10 versions of the same guy... I was one of the biggest pushers for Adam to get a happy/smiling face...

Sadly, I think what we ended up with is a little more... smug and condescending... but at least it's the thought that counts