Thread: Sideshow anwers

Sideshow anwers

I put this in the Movie Forum, but I think it can be expanded to all the MOTU characters.

Q.Monday, February 7th, 2011

Is there any chance of Mattel working with Sideshow Collectibles to make a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line? First I would LOVE to see a Comiquette of Frank Langella as Skeletor and a Comiquette of Dolph Lundgren as He-Man! I loved this film as a kid and still do! Thanks so much for your time Sideshow! I have sent this message into Mattel also.

Very good question, and it’s certainly something we would like to be a part of! Whether or not the new movie moves forward, MOTU is fertile ground, and we would love to pay a visit to Eternia.

I 'm glad somebody asked the question.

Hopefully, one year we can see new interpretations of the characters with the Sideshow treatment. I will support this for sure.

12 inch hot toys movie line would be amazing!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Sideshow Motu would be great, but I do wonder how well it would translate. One of the things that Sideshow does best IMO is the clothing on the figures, and most MotU characters are pretty naked. Langella Skeletor is something that would fit perfectly into what they do, IDK so much about He-man, but I would love to see it, and I'm sure I'd buy it no matter what.

I'd be all for a few Hot Toys figures from the movie.... a Hot Toys Skeletor would be one of the best figures ever, IMO.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I'd be all for a few Hot Toys figures from the movie.... a Hot Toys Skeletor would be one of the best figures ever, IMO.
    Amen to that (regular langella Skele, not God Skele)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I haven't ever bought a Hot Toys figure because they're crazy expensive, but I would shell out the money for a Meg Foster Evil Lynn and Frank Langella Skeletor!

They both looked awesome and were magnificent. I don't believe they will ever be able to match the level of performance for these characters in the new film.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Crazy Expensive. They could come with free gold and a gram worth of diamonds and I wouldnt shell out (couldnt really) the bucks for those toys.

But sure, yeah, why not? If we're pretending this would ever happen, go for it. Since it wont, it's moot, but it's fun to pretend.

No thanks. Sideshow is Sideshow collectibles right? Everything I've ever looked at from them has been ridiculously overpriced.

Shoulda read all the replies first - Baronterror summed up everything I was thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Crazy Expensive. They could come with free gold and a gram worth of diamonds and I wouldnt shell out (couldnt really) the bucks for those toys.

But sure, yeah, why not? If we're pretending this would ever happen, go for it. Since it wont, it's moot, but it's fun to pretend.

I don't think Mattel would be down with this. They might find the figures too "hyper detailed"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh...I don't know why I put Hot Toys in my post. Durr. Disregard that part.

Sideshow stuff is still expensive, but 1/2 the prices of Hot Toys, basically.

I'd say the figures would probably cost about $125 each.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh...I don't know why I put Hot Toys in my post. Durr. Disregard that part.

Sideshow stuff is still expensive, but 1/2 the prices of Hot Toys, basically.

I'd say the figures would probably cost about $125 each.
    You´re right. That´s still expensive.

Personally, I prefer the comiquettes and the premium format figures.

I have two comiquettes (Spider-Man and Carnage) so far and they are amazing.

I wouldn't be able to afford any of them, but I hope they do end up with the MOTU licence, if only to marvel at the beauty of them. Just look at the Optimus Prime statue they’ve done. But yeah, Sideshow has an unhealthy tendency to price their products way higher than they have any right to be.

Either way, I would like someone to do a good line of statues. Maybe Hot Toys or Mezco.