Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.53 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.53 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by oICEMANo,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. robaczek:
    With the Vikor figure we see a new take on ankle joints - the pin is no longer visible and the middle part (the loop) is visibly thicker. What can we expect in terms of improved joint tightness or is this purely an aesthetic change? Fans are tired of loose ankles especially in the right ankle.

2: oICEMANo:
    You said before that “We have thought about adding in some all new characters, but if we did so it would take a special event or release.”
    What kind of "very special event" would it take to go ahead with a few completely new characters? The Masters of the Universe 30th anniversary perhaps?

3. grenadaspice:
    With the 200+ bios that have already been written up for MOTUC figures, do any of these bios include Filmation characters that you presently have no access to but were included "just in case" the characters become available in the future?

4. Zodak74:
    It looks like the DCUC Wave 17 Wonder Woman variant has some new torso tooling, helping to make her look less "insectoid" and giving the female action figure an overall better appearance. Will this type of torso articulation be considered for future female MOTUC figures, which would also give them more movement? Teela, Adora, Evil-Lyn and She-Ra's plastic dresses have hindered that area of movement.

5. Power Sword:
    Is the 2002 Battle Sound He-Man figure an option for a MOTUC He-Man variant? I want to make it clear that I'm not asking for any anime styling or the sound feature. I like the armor over the fur loincloth, the chest plate armor with chain mail underneath & the cool fur sword sheath. If the "H" symbol is a separate piece that's glued on, the armor could also be used for a 2002-inspired King Randor MOTUC variant.

--------------

So ask those questions!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    The head of The Faceless One we saw in the NYTF 2011 is the final version or it is still possible to introduce it some changes? I think it would look better with his head done in translucent plastic, giving him more aspect of "no face" being.
    Last edited by Morningstar; February 14, 2011 at 09:03pm.

Heroic Warrior
    In terms of figures from the mini-comics, we've been lucky enough to get the Goddess & Preternia Disguised He-Man, but those 2 figures consisted of a Teela repaint & a He-Man variant. We assume that Oo-Larr will make an appearance some time in the future, but that will be another He-Man repaint. Fans of the min-comics are craving for original characters like Lodar, Geldor, or Grammynar (sp?). Any chance we will see an original mini-comic character this year?

as we've seen with the 'powers of grayskull' and 'princess of power' stickers on characters such as king grayskull and she-ra, do you have any plans to put a sticker/banner on the 3 movie-based characters (saurod, blade and gwildor) to acknowledge that they appeared in the 1987 movie? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Since I would never ask a friend or family member to weather a matty sale date, have you thought of offering gift cards?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    The original statement on She-Ra/Princess of Power (PoP) figures in MotUC was that they would, first and foremost, be based on the vintage toy designs. Since then, Adora, She-Ra and now Catra's designs have been almost entirely based on the 1987 licensor kit* (a.k.a. "styleguide") designs, and Bow takes it as his foremost (though not sole) influence. Should we now presume that all future PoP figures in the monthly part of the line will take the styleguide as their first and foremost influence, and that the vintage toy designs will be considered only for limited influence in the monthly figure and/or variant figures at a later time (the former being shown in She-Ra's masked head and Catra's alternate silver mask; the latter being Toyguru's officially-stated position on the She-Ra & Catra toy designs).

[*NB: I phrased it as "1987 licensor kit" here because that's how Toyguru phrases it. The "(a.k.a. "styleguide")" was in reflection of that being the most common fan term.]

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    We saw the image of Panthor's package with his head looking to the right. Shouldn't be package looking to the left (reverse Battle Cat)?
    Already answered (in short: "No, because the vintage Panthor & Battle Cat faced the same way")

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Now that Orko is well out of the way, what does Mattel have planned for the release of the other smaller-sized characters such as Kowl, Loo-Kee, and Gwildor in the MOTUC line? Will they end up being introduced as a new SKU and not part of the subscription, or will they take up a monthly character slot? Has consideration been given to including these in a set similar to what Mattel is doing with the upcoming Green Lantern set with the squirrel-headed Lantern and the cat-headed Red Lantern character?
    Second part already answered: (Q: "With the upcoming Green Lantern 3-Pack of B’Dg, Dex-Starr and Despotellis having the usual figure price...could a 2-pack of new figures (not repaints) around the size and complexity of Orko make it into the $20 MOTUC price point, and thereby theoretically be part of the monthly sub?" A: "No...")
    Last edited by Reboot; January 15, 2011 at 12:06pm. Reason: Adding notes/links

I noticed the series two DCUC vs. MOTUC two packs fail to cross promote the lines as they are supposed to. On each pack there is no mention of the other, or series one, or even Mattycollector.com. They do not let the buyer know there are any other MOTUC figures available or how to obtain them.

Wasn't the purpose of the two packs to raise public awareness of the MOTUC line at the retail level and draw more people to Mattycollector.com? More fans purchasing the figures will hopefully lead to faster sell-out times, upped production, and ultimately more profits and even more MOTUC toys.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Recently, fans have been discussing alternatives to the Captcha-system that Mattel is about to implement, and one of the ideas is to use several on-sale times on Matty.

I.e the items of the month are divided in different sized piles, and sold at different dates. On the first and biggest on-sale date, the Captcha could be in place, keeping bots and scummers out, but on the secondary on-sale dates, the Captcha could be turned off, allowing disabled fans to order figures as well.

Is several on-sale dates something that Mattel have considered as a solution for the traffic-problems? Or is it simply not logistically (i.e economically) feasible at this time?

When - and if - Slush Head will show up, is possible to make a removable water-tight helmet? In this way it can be filled with water directly by collectors, avoiding all the security problems that came with toys sold with liquid.

Plus, if you make the helmet 'lock' on the torso or the armor, the neck ball joint would be preserved.

With the great news of the 200X Keldor swords being released, I feel a separate bio regarding the swords of Power needs to be made and possibly put on Matty Collector. The Techno sword was originally the sword of power, but for the classics line given a different purpose. If the Keldor classics has two power swords, that means he aquired them before Adam was even born. Which is why I feel Keldor should have come with a classics version of his 200X swords from the start. The only answer seems to be to correct this issue with a new bio of all the swords, or change history where Keldor got the swords of power from another He-man, which he cloned his half to make two or split his half again. Please help clear this up.

Are vehicles from the 2002 line on the table for re-doing in MOTUC style (War Whale, Battle Ram Chariot, etc), or just the classic MOTU toys (Wind Raider, Attak Trak...)?

how many NA figures will be coming out in 2011? My optikk needs friends and enemies
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

There have been many issues with stiff plastic used for loincloths. Today I purchased Mattel's DC Golden Pharoah and Desaad figures who feature nice & soft plastic for loincloth/skirt. What can be done to produce future MOTUC figures with the same soft plastic loincloths as used on DC figures?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

For characters such as Sweet Bee, Flutterina and Peakablue who have long or curly as well as the wings on their backs will their hair be toned down as to not hinder the wing movement or will it be designed otherwise?
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Would it be possible to make Catra's sword red instead of pink? I think this would match her outfit better.

If not, perhaps this repaint could be included in Weapons Pak #3?

Are there any bios written that may contain the origin of Skeletor's Havoc Staff?

Has there been a change for NAs prototype of MARA, iīm still confused why her prototype is in Limbo but Dariusī prototype is doable and why NA Adam is possible....?
    Donīt get me wrong the more is possible and doable iīm happy but since she has that prototype, why is she still not an option?

Heroic Warrior
    *might be a double post*
    Any plans for a Castle Greyskull or Snake Mountain?

Any chance we can somehow get a second head for our Vikor figures? His expression is so deadpan and unpleasant. He's a barbarian. Let's see some rage!

Heroic Warrior
    Now that you've figured a better way to do the tiara switching for POP figures (as evidenced by Catra), will you eventually redo She-Ra with this fix?
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Court Magician
    I just ordered my "customer service stock" Goddess figures. What do I do if THEY'RE broken?

Apart from He-Man and Skeletor, are the "second runs" of figures manufactured at the same time that the first run is manufactured?

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Since New York Comic Con is in October again for 2011, will Mattel be going to another east coast convention (e.g. Batlimore Comic Con, an increased presence than last year at Wizard World's Philadelphia Comicon) with an exclusive figure? Many of your east coast fans would love the opportunity to grab an exclusive figure like last year's Color-changing Orko.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Master Sebrian is referred to in Staghorn's original bio- do Mattel have the rights to this character or can they at least refer to him by name?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Scott thanks for answer our question, here is mine... Is the reuse of the big statue really one thing affecting the choice for the con exclusive? Will there going to be a different statue? Thanks!