Thread: Fifth Palace Guard Idea

Court Magician

Fifth Palace Guard Idea

Struck me last night - if you are using the Duncan head with the moustache then you could always use the extra more generic head to create a fifth Palace Guard!

I am sure someone else has probably thought this but thought I would post just incase anyone has not considered as an option!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THE BESTMAN View Post
    Struck me last night - if you are using the Duncan head with the moustache then you could always use the extra more generic head to create a fifth Palace Guard!

I am sure someone else has probably thought this but thought I would post just incase anyone has not considered as an option!
    Problem is: you can't use the mouth guard on the MAA figure. You'd just have a MAA head on a Palace Guard.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Problem is: you can't use the mouth guard on the MAA figure. You'd just have a MAA head on a Palace Guard.
    Yes exactly - most people don't associate the non moustache head as MAA so use it as another generic guard head instead.

Just pop the head off one of the guard figs and put the non moustache Duncan head on.

Yep, that will be 'young' guard Duncan before he became MAA. Probably the Duncan that fought with Oolar and Snake-Goddess (Teela) Sorceress before she got the bird costume and took over guarding Castle Grayskull (for me at least)

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Yep, that will be 'young' guard Duncan before he became MAA. Probably the Duncan that fought with Oolar and Snake-Goddess (Teela) Sorceress before she got the bird costume and took over guarding Castle Grayskull (for me at least)

That's another good idea too!

The clean-shaven MAA head still looks like MAA. I remember when MAA was first released and people were buying multiples of him to army-build the clean-shaven head--which still looked like MAA. An army of MAAs? I wonder how those people feel about the Palace Guards now.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I was struck with an awesome "what if" idea last night. Sadly, way too late to matter, but...

Wouldn't it be cool if the four heads in the set were the 4 Horsemen?

I think the guys should slip themselves in with some kind of army builder. Sadly, I can't really think of another opportunity besides the Palace Guards.

This is what I have planned to do all along, just dont know what to do with my forth gaurd as I dont like the beast heads.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm hoping for the next guards to be female.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar

It would be easy to give us these Fright Zone Guards, they would just need to swap the heads out in the packaging, give them a new bio, a new paint job, and only a bit more tooling for the bats and the smoothed out chests (a flat untextured chest piece could be made to pop into the armor slot and there you go! More $$$ for Mattel and happy fans!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...rdakGuard-.jpg
    It would be easy to give us these Fright Zone Guards, they would just need to swap the heads out in the packaging, give them a new bio, a new paint job, and only a bit more tooling for the bats and the smoothed out chests (a flat untextured chest piece could be made to pop into the armor slot and there you go! More $$$ for Mattel and happy fans!
    Great picture! Good idea too.

And before I forget... don't assume the moustached MAA is the real deal! For many fans the clean shaven one is the one true MAA and the other is just a rather odd Freddie Mercury lookalike.
    Last edited by VaultsofGrayskull; January 14, 2011 at 10:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...rdakGuard-.jpg
    Nice idea, but think there's 2 Horde army builders most people would rather see first!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

...I'm feeling dumb... Other than Horde Troopers, what else could we army-build? Toymaker?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    ...I'm feeling dumb... Other than Horde Troopers, what else could we army-build? Toymaker?
    Horde Wraiths, just no female ones!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Yes! Horde Wraiths! I had forgotten them for a moment, there! Yes, I'll take a couple of those!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    Good idea... but I'd recommend switching it up even more.. Give Mustachless MAA the Eagle armor or only the RIGHT armor... and give Cat head the MAA armor.. or something...

I think just having two MAAs next to each other wouldn't fool anyone... but with the mix and match... theres' some options to make him blend in

Elder Councilman
    Yes exactly - most people don't associate the non moustache head as MAA so use it as another generic guard head instead.

Just pop the head off one of the guard figs and put the non moustache Duncan head on.
    it is a generic soldier in my collection. And I still want another, too!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Those Horde Guards look REALLY cool!! I would totally buy them up

Heroic Warrior
    Other than Horde Troopers, what else could we army-build?
    Stratos's birdmen, Beast Man's beastmen, Mer-Man's mermen, Whiplash's reptilians, Clawful's crustaceans...

Basically those who were either known for having followers or those who should be known for having followers.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Most people? I`d beg to differ considering the lack of moustache on the vintage figure

Bird people, Bee people, cat people. Maybe even cosmic enforcers. Personally I want to see some Bee people after the Horde Troopers of course.

Not everyone has to use the clean shaven MAA as a royal gaurd so its no big deal but to me MAA has a tash so the clean shaven one can be any old gaurd. May even drill some holes in the sides so the mask fits over his face so he looks even less like MAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    May even drill some holes in the sides so the mask fits over his face so he looks even less like MAA.
    I'm hoping the figures were tooled so the helmets on the guards would fit Man-At-Arms and vice versa, so we could put the M@A helmet on one of the other guards.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar

Well, we can't army build Robot Knights if they can't be made.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    I was struck with an awesome "what if" idea last night. Sadly, way too late to matter, but...

Wouldn't it be cool if the four heads in the set were the 4 Horsemen?

I think the guys should slip themselves in with some kind of army builder. Sadly, I can't really think of another opportunity besides the Palace Guards.
    Still a great idea! Maybe they'll find a way to work themselves in somewhere else
    It's all about being polished when it counts!