Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petition to add water on Slush head and blood on Mosquitor.

Sign me up! Liquid in both these guys would make the figures so much better!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    Mosquitor could be done with blood in a thin layer on the chest piece of armor (similar to the Best Buy exclusive Hills Have Eyes DVD cover).

It would lack the pumping feature obviously, but would still be there.

Slush Head though, I can't really see being done any other way than having a blueish tint/deco to the inside of his helmet bubble. Which personally I think would be ideal.
    I've never seen the DVD cover you speak of, but it sounds similar to what I was thinking...
    For Mosquitor, a thin 'sack' of blood fluid on the chest armor that we could poke at and make the blood move around.
    And on Slushhead, they should definitely include the fluid in the head, as long as it is sealed within the dome head piece (like the original), I dont see that being a problem, especially for an 'adult collector' line.
    Put me down on this petition.

I never owned a Mosqitor vintage figure/200X staction - so I do not know how exactly the action feature works.
    Can this be solved by having a lenticular sticker on his chest as Syklone does - but this lenticular can be already filled with red liquid inside? Just an idea.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to go against. Water will evaporate no matter what. There is also a chance it would leak or cause some problems with the paint inside the head. I think they can create the effects with tainted plastics, but water will evaporate no matter what.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Unless they're planning on giving Slush Head two heads, the "Battle Armor" answer makes ZERO sense. Most likely they zoned in on the Mosquitor portion of the question and tuned out the Slushhead one. I don't really care about Mosquitor, really, as I know the Horsemen will rock him..but how can you have a character called "Slushhead" if he doesn't have water in his head?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    But real blood for Mosquitor please.

I'm sure Pixel Dan is willing to sacrifice himself, to live on forever in the figure he desired the most.
    Did Pixel Dan confirm on this?

Anyway ... some kind of liquid in both figures would be great.

Sign me up as well.

Mosquitor needs his blood and Slushhead needs his slush!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    ...but how can you have a character called "Slushhead" if he doesn't have water in his head?
    How can you have a character called "Moss Man" if he doesn't have living moss on his body? How can you have a character called "Battle Cat" if he doesn't meow and lick himself? How can you have a character called "He-Man" with no, uh, "gentleman parts"?

Simple - they fake it with plastic (well, except He-Man. They just hide the area and pretend it doesn't exist ). They can just fill his clear bucket-head with transparent green-tinted plastic.

HD figures on youtube
    I'll gladly sign!!!!!! Those two NEED tha liquid!

fake blood in mosquitor must happen! sign me up! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I've never seen the DVD cover you speak of, but it sounds similar to what I was thinking...
    For Mosquitor, a thin 'sack' of blood fluid on the chest armor that we could poke at and make the blood move around.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    And on Slushhead, they should definitely include the fluid in the head, as long as it is sealed within the dome head piece (like the original), I dont see that being a problem, especially for an 'adult collector' line.
    Well, since day one, TG has said that they wont be sacrificing any articulation for "action features" (Roboto aside). Encasing Slush Head's head in a water-tight bubble means no neck joint. Thus (as sad as it may be for some), it most likely will not happen.

Lets just hope that whatever they plan to do instead will be just as cool (while remaining functional).

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    fake blood in mosquitor must happen!
    Must? No. Even Mosquitor isn't a "must" - the line may wither & die before they get to him. Mattel is in no way obliged to make Mosquitor, with or without fake blood. They may choose to either way, and their current stated position is that they shall make Mosquitor at some point in the next six years, but without red liquid inside the figure.

Let's keep some sense of proportion, ja? They may change their collective minds, as they apparently have on Keldor's swords, but "must" they? No.

Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    Well, since day one, TG has said that they wont be sacrificing any articulation for "action features" (Roboto aside). Encasing Slush Head's head in a water-tight bubble means no neck joint. Thus (as sad as it may be for some), it most likely will not happen.
    Not really - the bubble will exist since it's an important part of the character design - whether it's solid plastic, hollow painted plastic, or liquid-filled & water-tight. They may, as a result, choose to articulate the bubble itself - if not, it's hard to see what usable neck articulation they could give it. Would they make the bubble removable if it was "dry"?
    Last edited by Reboot; January 15, 2011 at 06:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Not really - the bubble will exist since it's an important part of the character design - whether it's solid plastic, hollow painted plastic, or liquid-filled & water-tight. They may, as a result, choose to articulate the bubble itself - if not, it's hard to see what usable neck articulation they could give it. Would they make the bubble removable if it was "dry"?
    If I was desinging it, I'd forget about liquid, and make the dome removable, allowing for psoing of the head with a standard ball-jointed neck, as every other MotUC figure (to date) has.

But that's just me.

Roboto (and maybe Dragstor) aside, I'd rather have EVERY other (non-oversized) figure retain the same articulation as every other figure.

Though I would prefer bloo and water as that would be closer to the vintage figures, I don't see what's wrong with the solution they found for the Mosquitor staction using clear red plastic. I can see how this would work with interchangeable chest plates that show different amounts of blood inside the figure. In fact, this might even be a better solution than actually using a real liquid that might leak or dry.
    Awesome sticker included!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    All the previous figures have replied the "action figure" or the "special characteristics" of the vintage figure very accurate.

Mosquitor and Slush Head without a liquid efect will be very dissapointing figures...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Mosquitor definitely needs to have a flowing liquid. And I guess genuine swamp water is needed for Slush Head if we are going to be getting him.

I really don't see why Matty has problems with this essential concept for these characters.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I cant understand nothing.

In a children toyline the toys were sold with fluids. Now in an adult toyline, they "canīt" come with any liquid. What is the problem???

Nobody can sell now snow globes???

Several toys for kids still uses slime... And slime is more dangerous than any water or oiled liquid...

I also hate the interchangeable chest plates. I donīt use them in BA He-Man, so it will be a waste of accesories...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    I was never into NA and only learned about it when I joined the he-man board but I think I will actually buy slushhead. If mattel doesn't add water, I'll figure something out. But you know adding water of fake blood leaves the possibility for them to leak and ruin the blister for MOC collectors. I think a good solution would be to have a way to add water after the figure has been removed from the package.

YES for Blood and Water!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    action features for action figures!

Heroic Warrior
    I personally don't care for either of them having any sort of liquid as (A) I owned neither in my youth so I don't have any emotional/sentimental/nostalgic attachment and (B) with all the QC issues this line has had I would be worried that they would leak out during transport from China and ruin the package and figure in the process.

Meh, I could take it or leave it.
    Actually I'm not interested in it. I'd like the feature simulated for sure, but I'd rather not deal with real liquids in my figures.

It can be done with clear cast pieces that could go in the chest or helmet of the two characters, that would work fine for me.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder what kinds plastic they use for these figures. Maybe Mattel knows the plastic will deteriorate after being submerged in water too long. I'd hate to see green plastic pieces of Slush Head's face floating in his helmet over time...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Meh, I could take it or leave it.
    Actually I'm not interested in it. I'd like the feature simulated for sure, but I'd rather not deal with real liquids in my figures.

It can be done with clear cast pieces that could go in the chest or helmet of the two characters, that would work fine for me.
    agreed...i'd go with clear plastic inserts.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm ok without the liquid.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

They should at least make Slush Head's headpiece the way that we can fill it ourselfs.

And what comes to Mosquitor if they decide to scuplt the blood I hope they use this picture as a model:

MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK