View Poll Results: What Year Did You Start Collecting MOTUC?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll

47 48.96%

15 15.63%

4 4.17%

14 14.58%

7 7.29%

9 9.38%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Year Did You Start Collecting MOTUC?

What Year Did You Start Collecting MOTUC?

Most us started somewhere at some point. Some were fortunately here at the very beginning. Some have just come on board. I started in '09. Stratos was my first Classics figure.

How about you? When did you start?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I started at the end of 2009 when He-Man and Skeletor got their first reissues.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

'09, but if I would have had the cash, I would have started in '08.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    January 2013, with a MOC Teela.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

February 2012 with He-Man and Skeletor. Originally, I was just going to collect the original 8-back MOC. Two years later and I have almost 100 figures, most of those opened up and on display. I remember seeing ads for He-Man and Beast Man in comics around 2008, but I completely forgot about them. I don't remember how I ran across them the second time - probably online when I was looking for something else.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I started in 2008 with He-Man...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I started in 2010 with Skeletor and Mer-Man, I discovered the line by sheer chance on a holiday to the States.

Heroic Warrior
    Started in 2008 with King Greyskull when SDCC was still fun to go to.

I started in 2008 with He-man, I believe I missed the first King Grayskull by a hair.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I was staring at the 4H He-Man prototype pics for hours and quick on the trigger when KG was released! From the glorious beginning to the bitter end for me!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Right in 2008 with He-Man and Beastman. I remember they came when I was supposed to be working on a paper for some class...can't remember what. I DO remember getting toys, though!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I started my MOTUC collection in March of 2010. He-Man was the first figure in my Classics collection followed by Skeletor.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    December 2008.

I remember the King Grayskull release earlier that summer, then the news on he-man.org about the upcoming He-Man and Beastman (which I believe were supposed to released in October or November). Been on board since the first regular figures. It's been an awesome ride, hope it continues as long as possible.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    2009. With a 100% complete US vintage collection, I didn't feel the need for many of the figures ... but I've long been a fan of the He-Ro and the Powers of Grayskull concept, and when they released him, I knew I had to have him. Since then, the only other figures I've bought on release day have been King Hiss (He-Ro's ancient enemy) and Thunder Punch He-Man and Dragon Blaster Skeletor (my favorite variants, and the mini-comics tipped the balance). I've also acquired a few other figures based on opportunity, mostly in the holiday sales--He-Man and Skeletor (2010), Hordak (the summer 2011 reissue, I think), Megator, Tytus and Man-at-Arms (Cyber Monday 2011) and Faker (Cyber Monday 2012).

I vividly remember receiving He-Man and Beast Man back in 2008 . It was a pretty amazing feeling!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

2008 for me too.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    April of 2012 with Orko and Draego Man. It was a good time to start collecting too cause there wasn't rampant scalping for a few months in there. With all the reissues and releases people weren't jacking up the prices till the end of summer when we were hit with the gone for good never coming back bombshell. Thats when prices went through the roof!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    For me, it was 2011 while I was stationed in Africa. A guy in my work area had an Optumus Prime. I thought how cool it would be to have He-Man and Battle Cat in my area. I looked on Ebay and found the Classics. I think there are a lot of people like me, who would buy figures, but simply have no idea the line exists. If it were not for his Prime, I might have never come across MOTUC.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

2009 with Teela and news that Battle Armor He-Man and Adora were coming... (Reissue He-Man the following month was a pleasant surprise)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Just started last year when I discovered that rats had gotten into my vintage collection in storage. Started looking for replacements... stumbled onto a Pixel Dan review for an ARTICULATED Battle-Cat!!! Not even a year later, I have three shelving units dedicated to Classics.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

I stumbled over a PIXEL DAN review on YouTube in 2009 i canīt remember which one but than i found more and ended up on Matty.

My first MOTUC figure was Teela followed by Adora. Since 2010 I'm a subscriber.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

2009 at the NYCC I pretty much recouped all the previous releases and got Faker before he was made available to the matty site. Sadly I didn't get the 1st release of King Grayskull or the SDCC exclusive.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I basically missed 2008 because I was not the internet user I am today. To be fair I was in the middle of a huge life changing event, so maybe that was why.

But 2009 I got on board at some point. Remember ebaying first figures I had missed (excepting King Grayskull of course) and 2010 being the first sub as I recall.

End of August 2011 for me, and I caught up with the figures I wanted pretty quickly. And in great part thanks to the Black Friday 2011 sale, picked up Teela, MAA, Adora & Tri-Klops....all but Adora had much higher asking prices than I wanted to pay previously. So, I lucked out coming in when I did, or I would still have been without Teela for a very long time.

BP She-Ra and Swiftwind were my first DOS figures. I missed MEF, but managed to get him from BBTS along with the Beast Man re-release the same month. Of course I bought He-Man and Skeletor first, then my long awaited Faker I never had as a kid.

I came in with the sole intention to only buy the figures I had as a kid, ONLY.... BP She-Ra and Swiftwind changed all of that.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I started on July of last year (2013) I was into starting my vintage MOTU again when I saw Pixel Dan's review of Icer and I thought he was amazing, so I bought him on eBay then I ordered He Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor, She Ra and Hordak from Matty Collector and BAMMM!!!! Read my signature!!!!