View Poll Results: Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teela!!!

181 44.04%
  • The Sorceress!!!

36 8.76%
  • She-Ra!!!

188 45.74%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

6 1.46%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Who is the female lead for Masters Of The Universe and everything that's connected to the franchise?

Try to base this on who you feel is the "first lady" of this entire franchise and not who you like better, who is more powerful, and/or who has the better costume.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

If you are talking about all of MOTU, She-Ra is. If you mean MOTU, minus POP, NA, Teela appears the likely person.

definately teela, she has no special powers or mutations like other females in motu and pop but is more often than not hitting the front line and mixes it up just as good as any of the other heroic warriors that fight along side he man
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

I'm happy that I kept The Sorceress for this poll since she seems to being doing quite well in keeping up with the other 2 characters.

I feel Teela is the female lead for this franchise. On the other hand, She-Ra is my personal favorite female and The Sorceress is the most important to the franchise's underlying story(MOTU could work without Teela or even Adam's twin sister but losing Teela-Na would really hurt the mythology imho). Since the Princess Of Power brand was Mattel's attempt to branch out the MOTU franchise to the opposite sex, obviously She-Ra had her name on more products(although, Teela & The Sorceress have still been included in every part of MOTU related media from the 1987 Masters Of The Universe movie all the way to the New Adeventures Of He-Man while She-Ra only appeared in her 1980's cartoon), but Teela has a more unique look(She-Ra is just Supergirl or Batgirl to He-Man's Superman or Batman), a richer origin(no matter which one you use), and has been around since the beginning(technically a green Sorceress was the first female in the mini-comics, but she was wearing Teela's vintage toy snake armor and didn't even get a toy until the vintage line was almost dead).

JOIN THE GROUP...

I may have to vote other. Teela is equally important as her mother and She-Ra, I think, because she will take her mother's place. Yes, three (at least two) female leads. Women potentially hold most of the lead roles in the franchise. I suppose She-Ra would get top female billing, because she has The Power. In order, I would put heroic leads as follows: He-Man, She-Ra, Man-At-Arms, Teela, The Sorceress.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My vote is either for the Sorceress or She-Ra, but I can't choose which one.

The Sorceress' job is to protect Castle Grayskull and the swords, which in turn, is protecting the entire Universe. In MOTUC, Teela is a clone and will become the Sorceress...so...yeah.

She-Ra is one of the two prophesied to wield the swords. He-Man and She-Ra are Eternia's saviours.

So...who's more important: the one who awaits, protects and keeps the prophesy alive, or the one who fulfills it?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I chose Teela, she was always the lead female for me -followed By Lyn.

sorceress I see as a Plot device/MCguffin. more a catalyst than an actual player. (never really liked her-made it to easy!)

She Ra is THE female lead of the unified line, she and Adam are the bridge. But even so I still see Teela as the sentimental lead.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    If you are talking about all of MOTU, She-Ra is. If you mean MOTU, minus POP, NA, Teela appears the likely person.
    I agree with this. My vote went to She-Ra.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I said Sorceress even though we hadn't got her but shes a much wanted figure by all means then I'd say She-ra.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Thus far I would say that Mattel have been treating She-Ra and Teela as equals in this line; you've got Teela - the first female to get a figure in MOTUC - with every gal thereafter sharing some of her parts, but then She-Ra is getting her steed first. (Sorry Charger...lol)

Outside of the hardcore fans on this site, I think the general public considers She-Ra to be the main lead. I mean, even when an article is dealing with something MOTU-specific, such as the proposed video game, more often than not folks reference She-Ra over Teela. They're more curious about her. Also, in the multitude of artwork that I've viewed over the years, 9 times out of 10 She-Ra's the one paired-up with the iconic Wonder Woman. I think that's an indicator of sorts.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    There are a lot of ways this poll could be interpreted; in terms of sheer power alone, obviously it would be The Sorceress.

But in terms of "first lady" of the line, I've gone for Teela. Because she is more at the forefront of the action. The Sorceress, in her traditional role, is a seclusive and (in the early days) little seen guardian of Castle Grayskull.
    I consider She-Ra to be based on a different world (Etheria) and not as tied in with MOTU cannon.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I voted "other" because I don't want to be the one to put She-Ra and Teela in a tie and I do see them both a bit like equals until Teela becomes the Sorceress. Regardless, you could make the "other" argument for Veena as she played the role in continuing the Graskull bloodline. She might be revered as a Virgin Mary archetype.

she-ra was a spin-off so it has to be teela (goddess is a supporting character). if they did a movie, i doubt she-ra would even make it in. it'd be about he-man and teela with help from MAA, BC, Sorcerous, etc.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I voted "other" because I don't want to be the one to put She-Ra and Teela in a tie and I do see them both a bit like equals until Teela becomes the Sorceress.
    Isn't that tatical voting? Just go with the one you think suits the role.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Regardless, you could make the "other" argument for Veena as she played the role in continuing the Graskull bloodline. She might be revered as a Virgin Mary archetype.
    I meant which female character do you first think of when someone brings up the subject of this entire franchise. I could be wrong, but I feel there are probably just as many people who automatically think of Veena when they think Masters Of The Universe as they do Julie(Courtney Cox) from the MOTU movie. Neither had toys and both of them were only featured in one source for MOTU(a cartoon & a movie respectively).

JOIN THE GROUP...

I voted Teela. At the time I voted, I evidentally made broke a tie for her & She-Ra, as Teela at this time is/was 25 and She-Ra was/is 24.

Teela is the lead girl in MOTU. She-Ra is lead in POP. I dont think it's fair to combine them, but ok, let's do.

Teela should be lead in MOTUC. She's right there in the mix. And her underapreciated storyline of being heir to the Sorceress....and probable marriage to He-Man the way I imagine it, helping to bring in the time of everlasting peace or whatever. Yeah.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I voted She-Ra.

People always mention He-Man and She-Ra, they never mention He-Man and Teela.

While the Sorceress is more important storyline-wise, She-Ra is more popular and more marketed.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

This is a tough question. I am leaning towards the Sorceress because she is the most important female in the MOTU story. Teela is the most visable female as she is always there with He-Man and Man-At-Arms. She-Ra is probably the most popular and gets the most press.
    It's like Teela is Lois Lane and She-Ra is Wonder Woman.
    I'll have to ponder this on the Tree of Woe.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    The thing is, Teela was the lead until She-ra was introduced. The universe got much much bigger and Teela lost her leading role...

(LOL my vote just broke the tie in She-ra's favor 27 to 28 votes)
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I voted for Teela because (Toy-Wise) she was the first female in the line. Although I have to admit that the whole Teela/Goddess being one figure had me confused as a child.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

Teela. Always Teela.

I dig POP, but She-Ra's not the female lead for the overall franchise.
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

I agree with jrock323. As much as I would love to say She-Ra it would still be Teela for me. She has been around since the beginning and if they ever were to make a new feature film she would be the leading female character.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

TEELA! No doubt. She came first. She had the most impact.
    She-Ra's second to Teela. POP didn't make it to all the countries in the world. MOTU was everywhere, POP wasn't.
    Saying she's the leading lady would be like saying Jinx is the leading lady of G.I.Joe, instead of Scarlett.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Teela is the main lead female in MOTU, although She-Ra is a much bigger character and brand name. Teela is seen as the literal first lady of MOTU.

She-Ra is always introduced much later in the mythos, while Teela is a character that you can't have MOTU without. Teela has been an essential part of MOTU, while She-Ra has been a more optional part (the vintage toyline canon for MOTU has no mention of good guy Etherians and 200X's She-Ra figure was a con exclusive). Even with the 1987 MOTU movie, they held She-Ra back in favor of Teela.

Yes, She-Ra has the name brand recognition, but I feel that many non-fans see She-Ra as Teela and confuse the two characters' roles. She-Ra is seen not only as He-Man's sister by some people, she is also seen as his wife, girlfriend or cousin. Teela and She-Ra having similar white and gold clothing and both having blonde hair (at least initially before Teela's hair was turned red) might have added to the confusion. People see a woman with He-Man, say it's She-Ra, but it's really Teela.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted She-Ra, but Mattel actually settled this in their press release for the new She-Ra DVDs:

She-Ra, also known as Princess Adora, is the twin sister of He-Man (Prince Adam) and the lead heroine in the Masters of the Universe franchise. First introduced in March 1985 in the animated feature film, He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword, soon thereafter She-Ra was given a spin-off television series, She-Ra: Princess of Power, which began airing in September 1985.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah