View Poll Results: Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teela!!!

    180 44.01%
  • The Sorceress!!!

    36 8.80%
  • She-Ra!!!

    187 45.72%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

    6 1.47%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 336

Thread: Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

  1. #101
    Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    1,583
    I think a lot of people voted for their favorite character. But that was not what this poll was all about! It's not 'do you prefer Teela over She-ra' or 'who is more important to the mythos, Teela or She-ra?'.

    It's 'who is the lead in the franchise?' and that can only be She-ra as she was the lead of two seasons of episodes AND a feature film. She is He-man's equal. The fact that she came later in the franchise is not a valid argument.

    Xena was introduced later in the hercules series then as a spin off. She became way more popular than Hercules himself. Had Teela been a natural leading lady character in terms of story telling, they would have done a Teela spin-off, instead of creating a brand new character like She-ra.

    People have also argued that Teela is more of a lead because she was in the dolf lundgren movie and the 20x series and not She-ra. But that is a weak argument because in both the movie and the 200x series, Teela's role was that of a supporting character! not a leading lady!

    it would be like saying that Lois Lane is the leading lady of the whole superman franchise just because she's been in every comic movie etc. Supergirl got her own book, movie, etc. that makes her more of a leading lady than lois lane, that's all.

    My favorite comic book character of all times is Jean Grey \ phoenix. i love her to death. But if I were to answer a poll about 'who is the leading lady of the whole x-men universe' I would never vote for Jean Grey. in fact she might be the most popular female and like Teela, she was "the first girl" in that mythos but she never was a leading lady! i have no problem with that as I love her, and qi think she is the BEST. You guys should come to terms with Teela's role in the franchise! It ain't always bad not to be the lead!
    Last edited by oulala; September 23, 2011 at 09:45am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

  2. #102
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The Green Goddess was fighting that beast thing in the very first mini-comic and has a spear...

    Also, Illumina trained Man-At-Arms, Teela's father...before Teela was born...and as we all know, Illumina is a bad ass that can kill you six ways from Sunday without even breaking a sweat!

    So...she's not the only female warrior until PoP shows up. Hawk is a warrior too. There are others. Teela is just the one they focus on more than the others...except for She-Ra, that is. Whenever she's around...Teela gets maybe 1/2 a sentence of dialog.
    In canon, there are other female warriors around, but Teela is the main one.
    Not to mention, the sole female toy in the franchise until Evil-Lyn shows up.

    Teela is literally the first lady of MOTU.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  3. #103
    Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    In canon, there are other female warriors around, but Teela is the main one.
    Not to mention, the sole female toy in the franchise until Evil-Lyn shows up.

    Teela is literally the first lady of MOTU.
    But as I argued in my previous message, being the 'first' or the "only"woman in a comic or a cartoon doesn't make you the lead. Jean Grey is not the lead of the x-men! Lana Lang and Gwen Stacy are not the leading ladies of Superman and Spiderman ( 'cause they are dead haha!)

    Most of the time, the "first" woman of a franchise is the love interest of the hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

  4. #104
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,300
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I think a lot of people voted for their favorite character. But that was not what this poll was all about! It's not 'do you prefer Teela over She-ra' or 'who is more important to the mythos, Teela or She-ra?'.

    It's 'who is the lead in the franchise?' and that can only be She-ra as she was the lead of two seasons of episodes AND a feature film. She is He-man's equal. The fact that she came later in the franchise is not a valid argument.
    Versus:
    Original MOTU: Teela
    1987 Movie: Teela
    NA: Teela
    200X: Teela

    If creators are going to use a female for MOTU, most of the time, it's Teela.

    Xena was introduced later in the hercules series then as a spin off. She became way more popular than Hercules himself. had Teela been such an important character in terms of story telling, why did they have to create She-ra?
    Teela was the only good guy gal for a male-oriented line. They aren't going to take Teela away from MOTU.

    She-Ra was created to kick off a separate line for girls, with her own separate toyline.

    it would be like saying that Lois Lane is the leading lady of the whole superman franchise just because she's been in every comic movie etc. Supergirl got her own book, movie, etc. that makes her more of a leading lady than lois lane, that's all.
    Lois IS the leading lady of the Superman franchise. You can't have Superman media without her. Supergirl isn't that important to the mythos.
    The top three characters in Superman are Supes, Lois and Luthor.

    People have also argued that Teela is more of a lead because she was in the dolf lundgren movie and the 20x series and not She-ra. But that is a weak argument because in both the movie and the 200x series, Teela's role was that of a supporting character! not a leading lady!

    My favorite comic book character of all times is Jean Grey \ phoenix. i love her to death. But if I were to answer a poll about 'who is the leading lady of the whole x-men universe' I would never vote for Jean Grey. in fact she might be the most popular female and like Teela, she was "the first girl" in that mythos but she never was a leading lady! i have no problem with that as I love her, and qi think she is the BEST. You guys should come to terms with Teela's role in the franchise! It ain't always bad not to be the lead!
    Even if it's a sidekick role, if Teela is the only woman around, then she's the lead female of the franchise by default. In a movie, if there is only one woman in the central cast, then she's the female lead. This is what Teela is until She-Ra comes around.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  5. #105
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is what Teela is until She-Ra comes around.
    I agree with all the pro-Teela posts, and even dispute this idea...she's still the lead even if She-Ra is around, for all the reasons listed in this thread and then some.

  6. #106
    Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    LOS ANGELES
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Versus:
    Original MOTU: Teela
    1987 Movie: Teela
    NA: Teela
    200X: Teela

    If creators are going to use a female for MOTU, most of the time, it's Teela.

    Teela was the only good guy gal for a male-oriented line. They aren't going to take Teela away from MOTU.


    She-Ra was created to kick off a separate line for girls, with her own separate toyline.


    Lois IS the leading lady of the Superman franchise. You can't have Superman media without her. Supergirl isn't that important to the mythos.
    The top three characters in Superman are Supes, Lois and Luthor.



    Even if it's a sidekick role, if Teela is the only woman around, then she's the lead female of the franchise by default. In a movie, if there is only one woman in the central cast, then she's the female lead. This is what Teela is until She-Ra comes around.
    It is true that when there's only one woman role in a movie, her part is often referred to as the 'leading lady' (same with 'leading man') even if the part isn't that important, by default.

    However, in a He-man movie, the actress who plays Teela would NEVER get an Oscar Nomination as 'Best actress', but as a 'Supporting actress' because she is not 'the lead of the movie'. She's a 'supporting role'.

    I agree with you regarding Lois Lane being the most central female figure in the whole Superman Mythos. But where we don't agree is on how to describe her role on a story telling level. Lois is the 'leading lady' so to speak, but she again would be getting a 'best supporting' oscar, not a 'best actress', because her role is not 'leading' the story or drive the story forward.

    If She-ra was turned into a successful movie, the actress would be nominated for 'Best actress'. She would truly be the lead, because unlike Teela, her name and role is pretty much the active protagonist / Hero of the franchise.

    That's for me the difference between a lead and a supporting character. They ARE the franchise. Wonder Woman is her own Franchise. Supergirl (a rather boring character, I agree with you on that) IS still her own franchise. They are the main character. Their name is the name of the property or if not, their actions are what drives the story forward.

    Here's my penultimate example: merchandizing. They wouldn't sell a Lois Lane costume would they? Or a lois lane wig? And just as She-ra still sells calendars and T-shirts with her chest emblem on it, they don't sell Teela chest emblem T-shirts, do they? Nor calendars, postcards etc.

    Likewise, I was just checking the Halloween costumes featured on the He-man.org and guess what? They have He-man, Skeletor and She-ra costume. No Teela costumes. Why? Because as much as we love her, she is NOT the true lead in the franchise.

    Again it sounds like I am an Anti-Teela fanatic, but I am not! I love Teela. She was always one of my favorite characters of the whole mythos. She is a as essential to the franchise as Lois Lane or Jean Grey, beloved characters. Even if She-ra had never existed, Teela would still NOT be a lead, just the main female character of the franchise.

    P.S. as for your argument of saying that Teela is the lead because the creators of 200X He-man, New Adventures and the Dolf Lundgren movie put her in there, it doesn't really convince me because one could argue the sorceress is ALSO present in all these stories and playing a more central role. In fact, Teela is only glimpsed at in the New Adventures series for one episode if I remember correctly and very late in the story (and some believe she was supposed to be She-ra because of her blonde hair and costume but I won't even go there lol) whereas the Sorceress has a 'more important' role in the whole NA thing (I've never really watched the show so I don't want to bet my head on that one) .
    Last edited by oulala; September 23, 2011 at 11:26am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

  7. #107
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,907
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Even if it's a sidekick role, if Teela is the only woman around, then she's the lead female of the franchise by default. In a movie, if there is only one woman in the central cast, then she's the female lead. This is what Teela is until She-Ra comes around.
    She-Ra is the other half of the prophecy, frees Etheria from the Horde, leads the Renegade Masters and travels with her brother in Space to Primus to defeat the Evil Horde once and for all (Skeletor)...leaving Teela behind. If Teela was truly the female lead of the franchise, wouldn't she be part of the main story besides sitting on a throne watching the action take place from her window?

    Teela is awesome, the Sorceress is awesome, but neither are the female lead of the entire franchise.

    Mattel even said She-Ra is the female lead of the MOTU franchise...so...I don't get this thread.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  8. #108
    Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The option you voted for is in italics.
    Haha. Thanks. I've never noticed that. Much to my surprise, I originally voted for The Sorceress! Crazy. I would vote for Teela, She-Ra then The Sorceress in that order now.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

  9. #109
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,300
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    It is true that when there's only one woman role in a movie, her part is often referred to as the 'leading lady' (same with 'leading man') even if the part isn't that important, by default.

    However, in a He-man movie, the actress who plays Teela would NEVER get an Oscar Nomination as 'Best actress', but as a 'Supporting actress' because she is not 'the lead of the movie'. She's a 'supporting role'.

    I agree with you regarding Lois Lane being the most central female figure in the whole Superman Mythos. But where we don't agree is on how to describe her role on a story telling level. Lois is the 'leading lady' so to speak, but she again would be getting a 'best supporting' oscar, not a 'best actress', because her role is not 'leading' the story or drive the story forward.
    Lois always brings the story forward in Superman movies. The movies, except for 3 (She wasn't in it) and 4, are about his relationship with her.

    Teela would be the lead actress in a He-Man movie because she would be the most important female in the movie (the love interest), unless the movie had a bigger focus on another female (i.e., Julie and Kevin in the 1987 movie were more important than MAA or Teela). A supporting actress would be the Sorceress, Evil-Lyn or Queen Marlena.

    When She-Ra isn't around, Teela is the top female in the mythos. Unfortunately for She-Ra, she and the Horde usually don't come into play about halfway through.

    If She-ra was turned into a successful movie, the actress would be nominated for 'Best actress'. She would truly be the lead, because unlike Teela, her name and role is pretty much the active protagonist / Hero of the franchise.
    No doubt. She-Ra is the star of POP. And if she were in a MOTU movie, she would have the bigger role. But when She-Ra is not there? There are no major heroic female roles except for Teela.

    That's for me the difference between a lead and a supporting character. They ARE the franchise. Wonder Woman is her own Franchise. Supergirl (a rather boring character, I agree with you on that) IS still her own franchise. They are the main character. Their name is the name of the property or if not, their actions are what drives the story forward.

    Here's my penultimate example: merchandizing. They wouldn't sell a Lois Lane costume would they? Or a lois lane wig? And just as She-ra still sells calendars and T-shirts with her chest emblem on it, they don't sell Teela chest emblem T-shirts, do they? Nor calendars, postcards etc.

    Likewise, I was just checking the Halloween costumes featured on the He-man.org and guess what? They have He-man, Skeletor and She-ra costume. No Teela costumes. Why? Because as much as we love her, she is NOT the true lead in the franchise.
    She-Ra is head of her own brand, but has only "appeared" in that brand.
    Teela has been in every incarnation of MOTU except for POP.

    Who's more important as far as the MOTU brand is concerned? If MOTU has a movie, game, cartoon or comic, guess who will be featured in those media without a doubt?

    Again it sounds like I am an Anti-Teela fanatic, but I am not! I love Teela. She was always one of my favorite characters of the whole mythos. She is a as essential to the franchise as Lois Lane or Jean Grey, beloved characters. Even if She-ra had never existed, Teela would still NOT be a lead, just the main female character of the franchise.
    I know being pro-She-Ra doesn't mean you are anti-Teela! It's the same with me: I like She-Ra too! My point is that She-Ra's nature as a "I have a sister?!" reveal limits her exposure as a leading lady, as there is no one to fill that top female in the franchise void except Teela at the beginning.

    P.S. as for your argument of saying that Teela is the lead because the creators of 200X He-man, New Adventures and the Dolf Lundgren movie put her in there, it doesn't really convince me because one could argue the sorceress is ALSO present in all these stories and playing a more central role. In fact, Teela is only glimpsed at in the New Adventures series for one episode if I remember correctly and very late in the story (and some believe she was supposed to be She-ra because of her blonde hair and costume but I won't even go there lol) whereas the Sorceress has a 'more important' role in the whole NA thing (I've never really watched the show so I don't want to bet my head on that one) .
    The Sorceress is usually a "talking head" -- a support role. She gives the heroes the mission of the episode and occasionally, she has an active role.

    Teela was in NA for one episode. Out of all the MOTU characters they could have picked, they chose Teela. Not He-Man's sister, not the mentor (Man-At-Arms), not the fool (Orko), not his companion (Battle Cat), but Teela (the love interest).

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  10. #110
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I think a lot of people voted for their favorite character. But that was not what this poll was all about! It's not 'do you prefer Teela over She-ra' or 'who is more important to the mythos, Teela or She-ra?'.
    For the record, I like She-Ra the most, but will always see her as a spinoff while Teela is the "female lead" of the He-Man franchise.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She-Ra was created to kick off a separate line for girls, with her own separate toyline.
    Also, unlike Wonder Woman, She-Ra didn't exist/wasn't used in every MOTU canon. Basically, she was only used in 2; Filmation & MOTUC. If there's something set in the DCU, Wonder Woman will show up. If there's something featuring He-Man, Teela will show up. It's never a guarantee that She-Ra will show up. That's not a leading lady. That's a character who is not considered necessary for a He-Man story.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Lois IS the leading lady of the Superman franchise. You can't have Superman media without her. Supergirl isn't that important to the mythos.
    The top three characters in Superman are Supes, Lois and Luthor.
    This whole notion that Teela is Lois Lane is false. If she's anything, she's Carol Ferris. A character who not only is sometimes seen/used as a love interest, but is also a hero(at least these days) in her own right. Lois, except for the "imaginary stories" of the Silver Age, was a damsel in distress who couldn't be counted on in a fight. While Teela may not have He-Man's powers like She-Ra, she is still a warrior.

    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    However, in a He-man movie, the actress who plays Teela would NEVER get an Oscar Nomination as 'Best actress', but as a 'Supporting actress' because she is not 'the lead of the movie'. She's a 'supporting role'.
    There is only one star of this franchise and that's He-Man. Everyone else is a supporting character unless you use the Princess Of Power toyline which was its own thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mattel even said She-Ra is the female lead of the MOTU franchise...so...I don't get this thread.
    As many people as there are on these forums who say that the bios are fan fiction & Mattel lies a lot, I wouldn't use that as proof of anything other than their attempting to sell a toy with colorful phrases and words.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 23, 2011 at 04:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  11. #111
    Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,012
    I hate when Mr. Shokoti and MGM are on the same side.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

  12. #112
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I hate when Mr. Shokoti and MGM are on the same side.
    Teela dosen't !!!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  13. #113
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Also, unlike Wonder Woman, She-Ra didn't exist/wasn't used in every MOTU canon. Basically, she was only used in 2; Filmation & MOTUC. If there's something set in the DCU, Wonder Woman will show up. If there's something featuring He-Man, Teela will show up. It's never a guarantee that She-Ra will show up. That's not a leading lady. That's a character who is not considered necessary for a He-Man story.
    I did vote for Teela, but I never looked at it this way...She-Ra was not in every MOTU story line, Teela was.

    Teela....5 full stories, with an appearance in 1
    Mini Comics
    MOTU - 1983
    MOTU - 1987 Movie
    NA (so to speak "guest star")
    MOTU - 2002
    MOTUC

    She-Ra....2 full stories, with appearance in 1
    MOTU - 1983 (so to speak "guest star" in 2 episodes or so)
    POP
    MOTUC
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 23, 2011 at 10:30pm.

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Teela is literally the first lady of MOTU.
    I voted for Teela for this reason and others that MegaGearMax provided.

    She-Ra is a sub-brand of MOTU. Teela is the first lady of MOTU.

    She-Ra probably has an a more important role within the story, unless you consider that Teela's role as Adam's love interest, and probable future wife and mother to his children would make her more important than She-Ra.

    Then you consider that She-Ra's fight with the Horde is ultimately second fiddle to He-Man vs Skeletor.

    It's He-man vs Skeletor that will always be the final battle - as it should be.

    Half the time, it's Skeletor that ultimately defeats Hordak anyway, not She-Ra.

    I love She-Ra, I think she adds much to the property, but She-Ra doesn't exist without He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, and Castle Grayskull, whereas they get along just fine without her.

    So yes, it's Teela to me.

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior swind15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    881
    I voted for Teela, but there is definitely an argument for She-Ra and the Sorceress as well. Three great characters all in all.

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    TEELA! No doubt. She came first. She had the most impact.
    She-Ra's second to Teela. POP didn't make it to all the countries in the world. MOTU was everywhere, POP wasn't.
    Saying she's the leading lady would be like saying Jinx is the leading lady of G.I.Joe, instead of Scarlett.
    But is it Scarlett? Lady Jaye was in more episodes of the show than Scarlett. Actually Lady Jaye was in more episodes than any other character in the entire series, COBRA or Joe.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  17. #117
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    But is it Scarlett? Lady Jaye was in more episodes of the show than Scarlett. Actually Lady Jaye was in more episodes than any other character in the entire series, COBRA or Joe.
    That's because the second season that focused on those fourth year Joes had more episodes than those first few mini-series. They were pushing Flint and Lady Kaye heavily, but Flint wasn't the leader (although he was second-in-command). It was Duke.

    When it comes to 80's G.I. Joe, you are either a comic fan or a cartoon fan. In the comic books, Scarlett and Snake Eyes are much stronger characters.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    545
    It is Teela by default and I voted for her because of that.

    But whenever I ask someone to name three MOTU characters at the top of their heads without thinking about it too hard. Most of the time they say He-Man, Skeletor and She-ra! I mentioned in another post that those three were the only characters I knew from 198X to sometime in the late 1990s.

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,335
    Another good question. It depends on how you look at it. In MOTU, it is Teela by default. But in terms of the MOTU U entirety, it's definitely She-Ra. She is the only of the three whom's character can stand without He-Man. And arguably, due to the story, her character eclipses her brother's.

    Yep. She-Ra.

  20. #120
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Another good question. It depends on how you look at it. In MOTU, it is Teela by default. But in terms of the MOTU U entirety, it's definitely She-Ra. She is the only of the three whom's character can stand without He-Man. And arguably, due to the story, her character eclipses her brother's.

    Yep. She-Ra.
    Yep. This. Well put. Teela is the grand dame on Eternia, but She-Ra's story has so much more weight to it in the over all saga.
    I love an all inclusive canon!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior Tribal Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    411
    She-Ra is the leading female of the franchise. She's one of the twins of power. I love Teela, but she just doesn't compare.

  22. #122
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,251
    Definitely She-Ra, without a doubt. She is the other half of the prophecy and Teela isn't.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  23. #123
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,529
    If you're looking at the past, as in who was in more incarnations of MOTU, then Teela is a natural choice. If you're moving forward as one unified property and by recognition within the general public then She-Ra is definitely the lead.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  24. #124
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,957
    Unfortunately, I think there are opinions presented here that are definitely inspired only by the past. It's no suprise that those who post that they aren't fans of She-Ra also post that Teela is the "lead female"


    Come on. Let's be adults here. Mattel even calls She-Ra the "lead female" of the brand. You don't HAVE to like She-Ra or consider her more important than Teela, in your canon, but speaking objectively, Teela is NOT the "lead female."

    By asking non-fans who the lead female of the MOTU brand is, you might get a more objective response.

    I can't play as Teela in the new Iphone game...

    I can't go out and by a Teela costume for my sister unless one is custom made...

    Dreamworks rep Ian Richter didn't say he was excited about "Teela" at Power Con...

    She-Ra is the lead female... and my saying that has nothing to do with my love for the character. I'm being objective.

    Teela was the lead female until Adora/She-Ra came along.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  25. #125
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,013
    I get that many fans will never accept this, which is their right, but it dosen't make what brian is saying any less true, no matter how hard it is to hear!!!!!!

    Wonder Woman might be less important in Superman's personal story than Lois Lane. But when looking at the combined DC universe arguing that Lois is a more important character, impactful on the DC brand or the true iconic female lead over Diana is just wishful thinking and not being truly objective.

    The same applies to She-Ra and Teela here. The Question wasn't who is the iconic lead in He-Man and the Masters of The Universe, She-Ra Princess of Power, New Adventures of He-Man or MYP MOTU. It was who is the iconic lead for the entire Masters of the Universe Franchise (everything all in). The Iconic Hero is He-Man, the Iconic Villan is Skeletor, the Iconic female lead is She-Ra.

    These three characters alone do and have existed in the public consciousness for years, Teela didn't and still does not exist in the public eye or public memory to the same level that She-Ra does (regardless of Mattel's blatent attempts to blur the lines between Teela and and She-Ra this past year.) The public memory of She-Ra and the individual and combined viabilty she offers as both a POP and MOTU character makes She-Ra the truly iconic female character of this universe, Teela just can't stand up to that.

    Teela did come before She-Ra, but in all honesty what does that have to do with the price of cheese? Teela has never been as important or as impactful on the brand as She-Ra, both back in the day or currently with what little awareness is remembered by the public outside of our dedecated fan community. To drive this home CNN did not report on the DC comic that reintroduced Teela, it certianly did on the digital comic featuring Adora and new art of She-Ra.

    At the end of the day.... regardless of your arguments for Teela, it's She-Ra....you know thats the truth. Just admit it and move on.... She-Ra being the first lady of MOTU does not take away from Teela's historical importance. She is vital to He-Man's story as a critical supporting character, but thats all she has ever really been.... a supporting character. She might have been in every incarnation...but ALWAYS as a support character.

    When She-Ra was and has been used (ie the I phone game) every time she has been shown it's as the co-brand leader and a role of equal importance to He-Man. Thats possibily why She-Ra has been rememberd over Teela, her character and role in the brand and overall MOTU story is more important and impactful than Teela's role, regardless of her later inception into the MOTU franchise.

    But Being totally honest the name Teela has not been wispered down the decades by joe average when people remember the fantastic characters from the 80's (perticularly MOTU characters). She-Ra's name along with He-Man and Skeletor's name has been remembered. Teela has not been afforded this honour outside of the fan community, simply because She-Ra is the more iconic, promoted and important character when everything is said and done............It's really time to move on from this argument now.
    Last edited by Angel-T; January 11, 2013 at 01:28am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •