View Poll Results: Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • Teela!!!

    181 44.04%
  • The Sorceress!!!

    36 8.76%
  • She-Ra!!!

    188 45.74%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

    6 1.46%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 336

Thread: Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

  1. #151
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn4ever View Post
    Shouldn't we also have Evil-Lyn on this poll too!! Because she is more of a MOTU character than She-Ra anyways. She is a A-lister here on Masters of the Universe, and Teela's and the Sorceress' arch enemy. So I think she should have a lot of say and pull in this poll as well. So my vote goes with other for Evil-Lyn.
    I'd definitely put Evil-Lyn ahead of She-Ra. Much like Teela, she came along years before She-Ra.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  2. #152
    Heroic Warrior No-Ah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,351
    If He-Man is Superman
    Teela is Wonder Woman
    and She-Ra is Super-Girl.

  3. #153
    Heroic Warrior Colossor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sikeston, Missouri
    Posts
    143
    I totally agree!

  4. #154
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    She-Ra was invented to be the lead in PoP, not MOTU.
    ^^^I believe this is the problem in communication we are all having. I'm thinking this conversation is about the 1st lady of the MOTU franchise (including all spin-offs, and all other media combined)- The Masters of the Universe Universe if you will. Now, would anyone change their vote under those guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    If He-Man is Superman
    Teela is Wonder Woman
    and She-Ra is Super-Girl.
    Teela is Lois Lane.
    She-Ra is Wonder-Woman (and Super-Girl for that matter).

    Teela can not stand without He-Man. Teela will never get her own show, movie, or toyline. A comic mini-series is the best she can hope for. C'mon guys, this is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; August 1, 2013 at 10:31am.

  5. #155
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    ^^^I believe this is the problem in communication we are all having. I'm thinking this conversation is about the 1st lady of the MOTU franchise (including all spin-offs, and all other media combined)- The Masters of the Universe Universe if you will. Now, would anyone change their vote under those guidelines?

    Teela is Lois Lane.
    She-Ra is Wonder-Woman (and Super-Girl for that matter).

    Teela can not stand without He-Man. Teela will never get her own show, movie, or toyline. A comic mini-series is the best she can hope for. C'mon guys, this is getting ridiculous.
    The thing about Teela versus She-Ra is that despite not heading her own brand, Teela is in almost every incarnation of MOTU, even friggin 'NA! I think the only thing Teela is not in is POP. She-Ra also needs He-Man; she might show up later, depending on how well He-Man's newest property is doing.

    If there is new MOTU media, Teela will be in from the start, no question. This is true for toys, movies, cartoons and comics. This is why Teela is thought of as the leading lady of MOTU.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    ^By this logic, the Sorceress could just as easily be the 1st lady. She-Ra had 2 seasons of her very own show.

    All this thread is doing is making the Pro-VMOTU (or anti-POP) fans easily identifiable.

    I like them both (maybe Teela a little bit more), but it's obvious that She-Ra was invented to be MOTU U's leading lady.

    I think the only real way to settle this is by figuring which lady has the most products dedicated to her. That would definitely show who is more important in the eyes of their creator (Mattel), and not their brand-loyal, easily biased fans. Anyone wanna take a wild guess who'd win that? Hint: It's the lady with her own logo (and theme song, and toothbrush, and beach towel, and back massager probably...).
    Three years of POP versus Teela appearing in how many media incarnations of MOTU throughout 30+ years?

    And I'm not anti-POP at all. Teela is used more by Mattel than She-Ra is, so I give her the leading lady nod. If She-Ra was in almost all incarnations like Teela is, then this wouldn't be an issue.

    If something new for He-Man surfaces, then there is no question that Teela will be featured. I can't say the same for She-Ra. "When is She-Ra showing up?" "When is Teela showing up?" is never asked because she's already present.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The thing about Teela versus She-Ra is that despite not heading her own brand, Teela is in almost every incarnation of MOTU, even friggin 'NA! I think the only thing Teela is not in is POP.
    Right. Teela appears in everything He-Man is in because she's needs him. She's his accessory. He-Man's and MOTU's leading lady. Not the leading lady of the entire franchise. The franchise is more than just He-Man. To head one's own brand (like He-Man), one must be a leading character (like She-Ra).

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She-Ra also needs He-Man; she might show up later, depending on how well He-Man's newest property is doing.
    With three years of POP, She-Ra obviously didn't need He-Man. Yeah, He-Man showed up 4-5 times on POP, but that's because he needed her. She couldn't very well appear on his show- being MOTU was dead and done.

    Technically She-Ra is in He-Man's newest property. Spoiler Alert: She's the current main villain of the ongoing comic. As of right now, in MOTU's current media she's the focal point of the storyline! Not only that, on the very first issue of the comic, She-Ra (not Despara or Teela) got her very own (beautiful) variant cover. Though in your defense, the argument could be made that Teela is the main protagonist of the new comic. It does seem that she wears the pants (to most fans disdain).

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If there is new MOTU media, Teela will be in from the start, no question. This is true for toys, movies, cartoons and comics. This is why Teela is thought of as the leading lady of MOTU.
    Yet if there is new She-Ra media, Teela has little chance of showing up at all. She-Ra can, has, and is appearing in both. Thus She-Ra is twice as likely for more appearances. As for the current media, I'm pretty sure She-Ra will even get the first spin-off comic. Much less her very own ongoing comic that the lady could lead. As for toys- isn't She-Ra a MOTUC essential? Teela must not be as essential to the franchise.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Three years of POP versus Teela appearing in how many media incarnations of MOTU throughout 30+ years?

    Teela is used more by Mattel than She-Ra is, so I give her the leading lady nod. If She-Ra was in almost all incarnations like Teela is, then this wouldn't be an issue.
    If Teela was used more by Mattel Teela would have her own logo. Her name would be copyrighted, not just reserved. And being most of all you guy's arguments only consist of how many appearances Teela makes (in cartoons)- I wish we could find out how many products were made bearing She-Ra's likeness. I'm pretty sure the toothbrushes alone would be more than all 30+ years of screen time Teela had. I'm sure we all know this would go for all of their other products as well. She-Ra already has 3 MOTUC figures compared to Teela's 2 (not counting Adora). The products they sell mean a lot more to Mattel than stories they're telling. She-Ra is Mattel's first leading lady (after Barbie).

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If something new for He-Man surfaces, then there is no question that Teela will be featured. I can't say the same for She-Ra. "When is She-Ra showing up?" "When is Teela showing up?" is never asked because she's already present.
    See above.


    The #1 misunderstanding most MOTU fans have is that Masters of the Universe is not just He-Man and the Eternians anymore. Times have changed and I'm glad we have so much more. I'm glad Mattel sees it this way as well. So whatever your views may be, try to understand the original poll question and MOTU as a franchise before posting please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Who is the female lead for Masters Of The Universe and everything that's connected to the franchise?

    Try to base this on who you feel is the "first lady" of this entire franchise and not who you like better, who is more powerful, and/or who has the better costume.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Okay guys. If it's bigger numbers (appearances, years active, etc) you're wanting, check this out-

    Do a Google search for Teela or Masters of the Universe Teela. Then do a Google search for She-Ra or Masters of the Universe She-Ra.

    If the huge difference in those result numbers don't prove to you which is the true leading lady of the franchise, nothing will!
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; August 1, 2013 at 06:43pm.

  7. #157
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The thing about Teela versus She-Ra is that despite not heading her own brand, Teela is in almost every incarnation of MOTU, even friggin 'NA! I think the only thing Teela is not in is POP. She-Ra also needs He-Man; she might show up later, depending on how well He-Man's newest property is doing.

    If there is new MOTU media, Teela will be in from the start, no question. This is true for toys, movies, cartoons and comics. This is why Teela is thought of as the leading lady of MOTU.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Three years of POP versus Teela appearing in how many media incarnations of MOTU throughout 30+ years?

    And I'm not anti-POP at all. Teela is used more by Mattel than She-Ra is, so I give her the leading lady nod. If She-Ra was in almost all incarnations like Teela is, then this wouldn't be an issue.

    If something new for He-Man surfaces, then there is no question that Teela will be featured. I can't say the same for She-Ra. "When is She-Ra showing up?" "When is Teela showing up?" is never asked because she's already present.

    It's that simple for me.

    If someone prefers She-Ra as their lead, that's fine. But Teela is an original 8 back figure from 1982 and aside from PoP, Teela has been included in everything MOTU so it's clear that Mattel ALSO considers Teela to be the 1st Lady of MOTU.

    He-Man is the lead character and she is his leading lady which makes her the 1st Lady of MOTU.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  8. #158
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    it's clear that Mattel ALSO considers Teela to be the 1st Lady of MOTU.
    It's true that it's clear who Mattel considers to be the leading lady of the MOTU franchise, and it's NOT Teela.

    As Darkspecter posted on the first page of this thread, Mattel has already issued an official statement declaring She-Ra the lead heroine. Done deal, question answered. You can have a different opinion, but that doesn't change the facts.

    Even with Mattel's official statement and all the other benchmarks of a leading role for a franchise, like her own toy line, her own cartoon and vastly more merchandise than Teela has ever had, it really seems as though some of the Teela supporters can't or won't accept the facts.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  9. #159
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Right. Teela appears in everything He-Man is in because she's needs him. She's his accessory. He-Man's and MOTU's leading lady. Not the leading lady of the entire franchise. The franchise is more than just He-Man. To head one's own brand (like He-Man), one must be a leading character (like She-Ra).
    Not an accessory, Teela is one of the major characters of the brand like Man-At-Arms, Sorceress and Orko.

    And I disagree. She-Ra did head up a brand, but that's POP. Teela was He-Man's leading lady everywhere else.

    With three years of POP, She-Ra obviously didn't need He-Man. Yeah, He-Man showed up 4-5 times on POP, but that's because he needed her. She couldn't very well appear on his show- being MOTU was dead and done.
    I disagree. She-Ra did need the help of He-Man to get over with the fans. A lot of the fan's Top Ten POP episodes feature He-Man guest starring. Secret of the Sword, Sweet Bee's Home, Horde Prime Takes a Holiday and The Price of Freedom all have He-Man in them. 8 out of 10. Of Shadows and Skulls has Skeletor fighting Hordak. More MOTU help. The Stone in the Sword is the only pick that bucks that trend and has no Eternians guest starring.

    How come a Best of She-Ra DVD can't have mostly stand alone She-Ra tales? Guess you need to ask the fans.

    Yet if there is new She-Ra media, Teela has little chance of showing up at all. She-Ra can, has, and is appearing in both. Thus She-Ra is twice as likely for more appearances. As for the current media, I'm pretty sure She-Ra will even get the first spin-off comic. Much less her very own ongoing comic that the lady could lead. As for toys- isn't She-Ra a MOTUC essential? Teela must not be as essential to the franchise.
    Teela was never reissued because of the problems with her figure. That's why she's one of the most valuable figures in the line. She was the first female character created in Classics, not She-Ra.

    The #1 misunderstanding most MOTU fans have is that Masters of the Universe is not just He-Man and the Eternians anymore. Times have changed and I'm glad we have so much more. I'm glad Mattel sees it this way as well. So whatever your views may be, try to understand the original poll question and MOTU as a franchise before posting please.
    I have. If we are talking about the franchise, Teela has appeared in almost every era MOTU has except POP. This isn't true the other way around.

    • We see her among Filmation characters
    • We see her among 1987 movie characters
    • We see her among 200X/MYP characters
    • We see her among Mini-Comic characters
    • We see her among Jetlag characters

    She-Ra heads up her own era, but Teela has seen more of the franchise than She-Ra has.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    It's true that it's clear who Mattel considers to be the leading lady of the MOTU franchise, and it's NOT Teela.

    As Darkspecter posted on the first page of this thread, Mattel has already issued an official statement declaring She-Ra the lead heroine. Done deal, question answered. You can have a different opinion, but that doesn't change the facts.

    Even with Mattel's official statement and all the other benchmarks of a leading role for a franchise, like her own toy line, her own cartoon and vastly more merchandise than Teela has ever had, it really seems as though some of the Teela supporters can't or won't accept the facts.
    Everything that TG puts out in a public message hasn't been consistent.

    If fans really believe that official statement to be true, then they should NEVER complain about She-Ra being missing from anything ever again. Ever. Because She-Ra is MOTU's leading lady of the franchise and there MUST be some great plan at work if she isn't present in any MOTU media.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  10. #160
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I have. If we are talking about the franchise, Teela has appeared in almost every era MOTU has except POP. This isn't true the other way around.

    • We see her among Filmation characters
    • We see her among 1987 movie characters
    • We see her among 200X/MYP characters
    • We see her among Mini-Comic characters
    • We see her among Jetlag characters

    She-Ra heads up her own era, but Teela has seen more of the franchise than She-Ra has.
    Lol. So it's obvious in your eyes that the only thing that matters is who has more screen appearances (not counting POP of course ). Teela is the leading lady because she appears in more cartoons and a live action movie (which must be the entire franchise to you). I'm sorry but I don't see the entire MOTU franchise as nothing but a bunch of old cartoons and a single mediocre film.

    • She-Ra has her own Filmation show. She's not just a character on one.
    • She-Ra had concept art for the 1987 movie. Though she didn't appear, she was definitely important enough to be considered before dozens of other MOTU (not POP) characters.
    • She-Ra has a 200X/MYP figure despite never being on the show. It ended before she could appear because not even He-Man or Teela were cool enough to support their own show. J/k.
    • POP had Mini-Comics as well.
    • In the Jetlag show didn't Mara, or Drissi, or whoever take over as He-Man's leading lady? Teela must not have been really important as you want us to believe (in these cartoons).

    The screen appearances (not including POP) is what you are clinging to for it's your only argument in this debate. The MOTU franchise was created and is owned by a toy company and is first and foremost a toy line. Which leading lady has more toys? Which leading lady has more products, period? Like I said before (though it's only speculation), She-Ra probably sold as many toothbrushes equaling the amount of total minutes Teela ever had on every cartoon or movie she's ever been in or page she's ever been drawn on- combined!

    Did you google Teela and She-Ra? I notice no comments on which has more hits (appearances) on a much more modern, relevant database. Heck, use Bing if you want. The results are the same.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Everything that TG puts out in a public message hasn't been consistent.

    If fans really believe that official statement to be true, then they should NEVER complain about She-Ra being missing from anything ever again. Ever. Because She-Ra is MOTU's leading lady of the franchise and there MUST be some great plan at work if she isn't present in any MOTU media.
    If you don't even accept it when Mattel let's you know who the leading lady of their franchise is, there is truly nothing more to debate here.

    And for the last time She-Ra is in MOTU's (only) current media. She's Despara.

    From reading the boards we usually agree on a lot of things, MGM, but it seems it will never be this. This has been a "fun" thread though.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; August 16, 2013 at 09:44am.

  11. #161
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Lol. So it's obvious in your eyes that the only thing that matters is who has more screen appearances (not counting POP of course ). Teela is the leading lady because she appears in more cartoons and a live action movie (which must be the entire franchise to you). I'm sorry but I don't see the entire MOTU franchise as nothing but a bunch of old cartoons and a single mediocre film.
    I'm talking about EVERYTHING. The cartoons and media are the biggest measuring stick that fans love to remind me of, but there are also the books, backpacks, puzzles, erasers, etc.

    • She-Ra has her own Filmation show. She's not just a character on one.
    She's never appeared beyond Filmation yet. Teela has...

    • She-Ra had concept art for the 1987 movie. Though she didn't appear, she was definitely important enough to be considered before dozens of other MOTU (not POP) characters.
    But She-Ra didn't make the movie. Guess who did... She-Ra's nature as a "I have a sister?" reveal might have prevented her from appearing from the beginning.

    • POP had Mini-Comics as well.
    She-Ra never shows up in He-Man's mini-comics. There is no Rebellion on Etheria in those books.

    • In the Jetlag show didn't Mara, or Drissi, or whoever take over as He-Man's leading lady? Teela must not have been really important as you want us to believe (in these cartoons).
    Teela was the one guest character from previous MOTU canon to show up in Jetlag. Out of characters like She-Ra, Man-At-Arms and Orko, Jetlag chose HER.

    The screen appearances (not including POP) is what you are clinging to for it's your only argument in this debate. The MOTU franchise was created and is owned by a toy company and is first and foremost a toy line. Which leading lady has more toys? Which leading lady has more products, period? Like I said before (though it's only speculation), She-Ra probably sold as many toothbrushes equaling the amount of total minutes Teela ever had on every cartoon or movie she's ever been in or page she's ever been drawn on- combined!
    These are my arguments:

    • Unless a new story or canon already has She-Ra present alongside her brother, She-Ra's nature as a "I have a sister?" hurts her. There must be a period where there is no She-Ra around to build to the eventual "shocking" reveal.

    • Although She-Ra headed up her own brand, Teela is always chosen by Mattel for almost every MOTU project.


    Teela is such an important character that she MUST be included in almost every version of MOTU to date (save POP). Even heading her own brand known to the "millions and millions", She-Ra wasn't included in NA or 200X, providing a shot in the arm for those franchises and bringing her fans with her. But SOMEHOW Mattel didn't use their "leading lady" both times. The 1987 movie didn't use She-Ra either, despite POP having a cartoon on the air.

    She-Ra's had 3 years of product, maybe 6 with the recent DVDs, greeting cards and calendars from the UK was it? MOTU has more than a decade's worth during the years that the Vintage, 200X and Classics toylines were active. You're comparing She-Ra's merchandise to He-Man's multiple incarnations, which features major characters like Teela, Orko and Man-At-Arms. That's no comparison.

    Did you google Teela and She-Ra? I notice no comments on which has more hits (appearances) on a much more modern, relevant database. Heck, use Bing if you want. The results are the same.
    Didn't need to. I know She-Ra is more popular in pop culture. I've been mentioned this.

    If you don't even accept it when Mattel let's you know who the leading lady of their franchise is, there is truly nothing more to debate here.

    And for the last time She-Ra is in MOTU's (only) current media. She's Despara.
    But then, Teela is featured too. From the beginning, no less. Some fans were hoping that the blonde woman fighting by He-Man's side was She-Ra. And it turned out to be Teela.

    Mattel says alot of contradictory things. My problem with Mattel telling me She-Ra is a leading lady and then doing the opposite adds to the overall problem. She-Ra is always shown by casual fans as fighting Wonder Woman, right? Mattel SOMEHOW doesn't thinks so, no matter how many deviantart pics say otherwise. Teela is being shown as fighting WW in the upcoming DC mini-series. Heck, in the DC vs MOTU toyline She-Ra was pitted against friggin' Supergirl, saying that she's a female version of the main hero. Then there is the whole Blonde Teela taking She-Ra's place controversy from the cover of the third mini-comic, when Teela got her power-up. The subject came up again when DC's comics first came out. MOTU characters aplenty, but no POP or She-Ra. POP doesn't get a 25th anniversary, but MOTU gets a 30th? POP is so important that She-Ra didn't show in Classics until June 2010, let alone Glimmer showing up four years later.

    Like I said, TG says many things, but alot of them are found to be contradictory. And POP fans actually believe him this time?

    From reading the boards we usually agree on a lot of things, MGM, but it seems it will never be this. This has been a "fun" thread though.
    My position isn't inflexible, Colder. However, I won't change my mind until Mattel starts showing She-Ra as the leading lady that they claim that she is. Otherwise, She-Ra being a leading lady seems like just another contradictory statement by TG to pacify the hardcore POP fans and get them off his back.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  12. #162
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    It's true that it's clear who Mattel considers to be the leading lady of the MOTU franchise, and it's NOT Teela.

    As Darkspecter posted on the first page of this thread, Mattel has already issued an official statement declaring She-Ra the lead heroine. Done deal, question answered. You can have a different opinion, but that doesn't change the facts.

    Even with Mattel's official statement and all the other benchmarks of a leading role for a franchise, like her own toy line, her own cartoon and vastly more merchandise than Teela has ever had, it really seems as though some of the Teela supporters can't or won't accept the facts.
    Well, I couldn't care less about what Mattel says because actions speak louder than words. Fact is, She-Ra is the lead heroine in Princess of Power. Both He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon incarnations feature Teela as the lead heroine.

    Fact is, some She-Ra fans want her to be the lead of MOTU, but she's always been PoP, not MOTU. A spin-off cartoon with her as the lead. I like She-Ra, and even though she's now part of the MOTUC line, she's PoP.

    The MOTU party started in 1982 and Teela was there, She-Ra wasn't. Much like the original 13 in GI Joe, Teela is part of the original 8 back figures. The MOTU line was created around those 8 characters which included Teela, not She-Ra.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Teela was never reissued because of the problems with her figure. That's why she's one of the most valuable figures in the line. She was the first female character created in Classics, not She-Ra.
    Once AGAIN, Teela was the FIRST female character in MOTU because she's the lead of MOTU.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Lol. So it's obvious in your eyes that the only thing that matters is who has more screen appearances (not counting POP of course ).
    Even counting PoP, Teela has had more appearances. The fact is, Teela is too busy being the lead heroine in MOTU to be featured in PoP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    However, I won't change my mind until Mattel starts showing She-Ra as the leading lady that they claim that she is. Otherwise, She-Ra being a leading lady seems like just another contradictory statement by TG to pacify the hardcore POP fans and get them off his back.
    True. How many years have when gone over the "Mattel says" or "Toyguru said" statements?

    I'll repeat what you said for those that choose to take words over actions. TG and Mattel stated She-Ra as the lead of MOTU to pacify hardcore PoP fans.

    I like She-Ra, but trying to push the lead heroine of PoP as THE lead heroine of MOTU is revisionist history, as is pushing She-Ra as the lead of MOTU because one prefers She-Ra over Teela.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  13. #163
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,040
    LOL just go out in the street and ask anyone over 30 who She-Ra is and then ask them who Teela is. Lets face it we know which name will leave them scratching their heads. Keep trying to argue red is green boys..... It dosen't change who She-Ra is in both power and importance terms. overall story terms, financial and brand terms and overall position as the most recognisable and iconic female character from Masters of the Universe. The public don't see the factions of the brand... To them it's all He-Man, it's all MOTU. So many of you who are so passionately trying to push for Teela to be something more than the support character love interest for the main man, just can't seem to address this question within the confines of what it was trying to establish. Everything all in. Boys that means EVERYTHING MOTU. Not just the vintage Mini comics, and Filmation cartoon. Take of your vintage rose tinted glasses, Masters of the Unuverse is everything all in. When you really and honestly stack Teela and She-Ra together as characters in this universe...... There is no comparison. She-Ra Princess of Power is the lead Heroine and one of the three enduring characters that are remembered in the Public eye. This is Wonder Woman vs Lois Lane...... Deny it all you want, cling to the safety of the vintage early days, if it comforts you. But She-Ra happened and from the moment of her inception, regardless of the timing of her arrivals she has superseded Teela in all matters. A hard pill to swallow. Bit feel free to go get your self a glass of milk...... Cause it's time to drink up. It's She-Ra.....always has been. I doubt you will accept this and will keep spinning your same 5 arguments, regardless of the well thought out arguments presented to you here and the evidence posted to back it up.

  14. #164
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    LOL just go out in the street and ask anyone over 30 who She-Ra is and then ask them who Teela is. Lets face it we know which name will leave them scratching their heads. Keep trying to argue red is green boys..... It dosen't change who She-Ra is in both power and importance terms. overall story terms, financial and brand terms and overall position as the most recognisable and iconic female character from Masters of the Universe. The public don't see the factions of the brand... To them it's all He-Man, it's all MOTU. So many of you who are so passionately trying to push for Teela to be something more than the support character love interest for the main man, just can't seem to address this question within the confines of what it was trying to establish. Everything all in. Boys that means EVERYTHING MOTU. Not just the vintage Mini comics, and Filmation cartoon. Take of your vintage rose tinted glasses, Masters of the Unuverse is everything all in.
    She-Ra is more famous to the general public, but Teela is used way more by Mattel. Can we get that out of the way?

    As for She-Ra being so encompassing...

    Where is She-Ra in New Adventures and Jetlag?
    Where is she in the 1987 movie?
    Why are there barely any references to her in the Vintage line?

    At least She-Ra got a figure (made from a Teela figure no less) in 200X and was coming to MYP, had the series continued.

    She-Ra was the Queen Bee in Filmation for two years, but that's where it ends.

    She-Ra is like a mother who is formally acknowledged as the mother figure, but is barely around for her child. However, Teela is the surrogate mother who is always around. She goes to all of the games and recitals, fixes the lunches, tucks the kids in at night, etc..

    When you really and honestly stack Teela and She-Ra together as characters in this universe...... There is no comparison. She-Ra Princess of Power is the lead Heroine and one of the three enduring characters that are remembered in the Public eye. This is Wonder Woman vs Lois Lane...... Deny it all you want, cling to the safety of the vintage early days, if it comforts you. But She-Ra happened and from the moment of her inception, regardless of the timing of her arrivals she has superseded Teela in all matters. A hard pill to swallow. Bit feel free to go get your self a glass of milk...... Cause it's time to drink up. It's She-Ra.....always has been. I doubt you will accept this and will keep spinning your same 5 arguments, regardless of the well thought out arguments presented to you here and the evidence posted to back it up.
    How the general public sees She-Ra is one thing.

    How Mattel treats She-Ra is a whole other matter. C'mon, the POP fans should know this first hand seeing as how they KEEP asking for more POP inclusion in everything and how much they complain whenever She-Ra gets snubbed from something.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  15. #165
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,040
    Where is the Teela art for the 30th Anniversary of the brand? Where was Teela's giant art poster at SDCC in 2012 where Mattel were celebrating the 30th anniversary. Where was Teela in the MOTUC vs DCUC retail toy line? Mattel arguably used She-Ra because she has more impact and is more viable with the public .....thats not "one thing" MGM it very much counts in this discussion. I don't see how you can just flippantly relegate Filmation POP and those "Two Years" like it was just a blip in the MOTU story. Filmation took the brand global, The Filmation years were the white hot heat of this brand, it's what turned an already successful MOTU toylines into the beast it became with the presence it still has in POP culture today. No other female has been as developed by Mattel or has made such a powerful impact on the brand as She-Ra..... She is a co brand leader with He-Man and yes when you stack Teela up against She-Ra, when everything MOTU and POP is considered as one, she does not stand up to She-Ra. That was the entire premise of the question but you still appear to be working on the segregated premise. While I can see your arguments, I don't think any of your justifications for Teela being the overall iconic brand leader stand up to the question being asked. Being used more dosen't make her more iconic. She-Ra has eclipsed Teela in every iconic sense. It's oppinons like these that I find hard to swallow as your arguments are begging the question, yet in truth you are not truly addressing the questions basic premise in your discourse , on some level you are still seeing POP as a separate entity. Once you truly interweave POP into the total Masters of The Universe landscape and actually view it as a combined universe, where all female characters from MOTU, POP, Filmation, NA and 2K are stacked together: She-Ra's impact on the brand is undeniable going further than Teela or any other female character ever has. What the general public remembers is important... I find it Hilarious that your are suggesting otherwise. Who are Mom's gonna remember when their little kids are asking for possible new MOTU figures, something which I am sure is very important to Mattel and possibly a big contributing factor to that official statement, (AN OFFICAL STATEMENT BY MATEL that you keep spitting out like it was John Wayne's chewing Tobacco) where Mattel have even stated She-Ra is the iconic lead female character. The bredth of Teela's presence within the brand does not make her a more iconic character, being around for longer does not make her more powerful than She-Ra, does not make her story more important than She-Ra's story, it does not make Teela a feminist icon, children did not run around screaming For the Honor of Eternos....I am Tee-La!!!!!! She-Ra is also very importanr to He-Man's personal story. Like Lois Land Teela is a background character helping the main man to shine. She-Ra is the main Woman who has even had use of the main main in her stories as a support character to make her shine ever more. Show me the episodes of Teela and the royal guards of Eternos..... Teela has never lead this brand.... She-Ra has..... And it was because of that, because of what Filmation did that Mattel would have to build a time machiene and go back to the 80's to develope a Feature film release. Comic book lines, regular soft and hard books a cartoon series, magazines, specific toylines and a slew of murchendising product to bring Teela up to She-Ra's level. Being around more often does not make a character more impactful. I didn't see the Recent CNN coverage of Madonna as Teela at the Super Bowl or Teela's name trending on Twitter. I didn't see a music video by Lady Gaga totally homaging Teela. I didn't see the media coverage of Teela comming back to the new DC comics, but I did for She-Ra and that's because she is the more iconic character when you look at Masters of the Universe as a truly unified and intergrated universe. When you ACTUALLY do that MGM.....it's plain to see that NO other female stands up to She-Ra in iconic terms.
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 18, 2013 at 01:27pm.

  16. #166
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She-Ra is more famous to the general public, but Teela is used way more by Mattel. Can we get that out of the way?

    As for She-Ra being so encompassing...

    Where is She-Ra in New Adventures and Jetlag?
    Where is she in the 1987 movie?
    Why are there barely any references to her in the Vintage line?

    At least She-Ra got a figure (made from a Teela figure no less) in 200X and was coming to MYP, had the series continued.

    She-Ra was the Queen Bee in Filmation for two years, but that's where it ends.

    She-Ra is like a mother who is formally acknowledged as the mother figure, but is barely around for her child. However, Teela is the surrogate mother who is always around. She goes to all of the games and recitals, fixes the lunches, tucks the kids in at night, etc..



    How the general public sees She-Ra is one thing.

    How Mattel treats She-Ra is a whole other matter. C'mon, the POP fans should know this first hand seeing as how they KEEP asking for more POP inclusion in everything and how much they complain whenever She-Ra gets snubbed from something.
    Even though this has been mentioned numerous times throughout this thread, I'll say it again.

    She-Ra and her story are much too complex to just throw into a MOTU series from the get go. Her back story and her supporting characters need to have their story explained before they enter the fray.

    Based on your own quote, "There must be a period where there is no She-Ra around to build to the eventual "shocking" reveal." You seem to understand this, yet you still try to use that reasoning as some sort of way to make She-Ra seem less important since she isn't used from the get go.

    It really doesn't matter who shows up first. If showing up first mattered, Hordak wouldn't be the # 2 villain in the franchise.

    Anyway, with some common sense, I think it's pretty easy to see that She-Ra is the lead heroine. If She-Ra, Teela, Roboto, Man-At-Arms, Stratos and Mekaneck happened to go up against a bunch of Evil Warriors, I'll guarantee that She-Ra would be leading that fight and would be expected to by the others in her company.

    I really can't believe some people are trying to argue against one of the twins of power being the leading heroine. I guess that's what happens when a franchise mostly aimed towards girls incorporates itself into a "boys" line, or when people choose to look at MOTU and POP as two separate franchises.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  17. #167
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Where is the Teela art for the 30th Anniversary of the brand? Where was Teela's giant art poster at SDCC in 2012 where Mattel were celebrating the 30th anniversary. Where was Teela in the MOTUC vs DCUC retail toy line?
    Teela wasn't off fighting Supergirl... Had the line continued at retail, you KNOW who would have been fighting WW, the unquestioned leading lady of DC (which looks to be happening in the comics, unless it's just a cover).

    Mattel arguably used She-Ra because she has more impact and is more viable with the public .....thats not "one thing" MGM it very much counts in this discussion. I don't see how you can just flippantly relegate Filmation POP and those "Two Years" like it was just a blip in the MOTU story. Filmation took the brand global, The Filmation years were the white hot heat of this brand, it's what turned an already successful MOTU toylines into the beast it became with the presence it still has in POP culture today. No other female has been as developed by Mattel or has made such a powerful impact on the brand as She-Ra..... She is a co brand leader with He-Man and yes when you stack Teela up against She-Ra, when everything MOTU and POP is considered as one, she does not stand up to She-Ra. That was the entire premise of the question but you still appear to be working on the segregated premise.
    I'm looking MOTU as a whole, not ONLY Filmation. A few years of Filmation, but 30 years of the brand.

    Yet, She-Ra isn't around for much of MOTU's 30 years, is she? If She-Ra is such a major iconic force in MOTU, why doesn't Mattel use She-Ra more since 1987? She could have helped the 1987 movie. She could have helped New Adventures. There could have been POP stactions. She could have shown up in the STAR or MVC Comics. Only until recently has she been used. MOTU has returned in some form numerous times without her being there. Keeping She-Ra relevant matters. But Mattel doesn't do this.

    While I can see your arguments, I don't think any of your justifications for Teela being the overall iconic brand leader stand up to the question being asked. Being used more dosen't make her more iconic. She-Ra has eclipsed Teela in every iconic sense. It's oppinons like these that I find hard to swallow as your arguments are begging the question, yet in truth you are not truly addressing the questions basic premise in your discourse , on some level you are still seeing POP as a separate entity.
    It isn't me. It's Mattel. I'm telling you the hard truth of what I see. There's no equality here and barely any unification.

    You're pointing to the She-Ra merchandising IN her heyday for a few years. I'm pointing to the lack of She-Ra merchandising in all the years SINCE her heyday. Barely being used makes She-Ra less important and dilutes her importance, which is why this thread exists. Even POP fans agree with that, seeing as how you're always FIGHTING for more POP presence in the brand. There's never a question of when Teela shows up--it's a given. She-Ra? Not so much.

    Once you truly interweave POP into the total Masters of The Universe landscape and actually view it as a combined universe, where all female characters from MOTU, POP, Filmation, NA and 2K are stacked together: She-Ra's impact on the brand is undeniable going further than Teela or any other female character ever has.
    That would be true if Mattel actually did that. But every time they throw you a bone, they starve you for a few months.

    What the general public remembers is important... I find it Hilarious that your are suggesting otherwise. Who are Mom's gonna remember when their little kids are asking for possible new MOTU figures, something which I am sure is very important to Mattel and possibly a big contributing factor to that official statement, (AN OFFICAL STATEMENT BY MATEL that you keep spitting out like it was John Wayne's chewing Tobacco) where Mattel have even stated She-Ra is the iconic lead female character.
    You want that statement to be true so badly, but how many times has Mattel led POP fans around by the nose before or said things to placate them? POP doesn't have equal stakes in this line and you know it. That's why there are no POP concept or mini-comic characters, barely any POP variants or beasts (She-Ra only got her variant because the original figure couldn't ride on Swiftwind) and why there are almost as many POP characters (10) that need to be finished as MOTU characters (13).

    An official statement means nothing if the company isn't backing it up.

    The bredth of Teela's presence within the brand does not make her a more iconic character, being around for longer does not make her more powerful than She-Ra, does not make her story more important than She-Ra's story, it does not make Teela a feminist icon, children did not run around screaming For the Honor of Eternos....I am Tee-La!!!!!! She-Ra is also very importanr to He-Man's personal story. Like Lois Land Teela is a background character helping the main man to shine. She-Ra is the main Woman who has even had use of the main main in her stories as a support character to make her shine ever more. Show me the episodes of Teela and the royal guards of Eternos..... Teela has never lead this brand.... She-Ra has..... And it was because of that, because of what Filmation did that Mattel would have to build a time machiene and go back to the 80's to develope a Feature film release. Comic book lines, regular soft and hard books a cartoon series, magazines, specific toylines and a slew of murchendising product to bring Teela up to She-Ra's level. Being around more often does not make a character more impactful. I didn't see the Recent CNN coverage of Madonna as Teela at the Super Bowl or Teela's name trending on Twitter. I didn't see a music video by Lady Gaga totally homaging Teela. I didn't see the media coverage of Teela comming back to the new DC comics, but I did for She-Ra and that's because she is the more iconic character when you look at Masters of the Universe as a truly unified and intergrated universe. When you ACTUALLY do that MGM.....it's plain to see that NO other female stands up to She-Ra in iconic terms.
    You and others have shown that She-Ra is more relevant to pop culture than Mattel themselves. I'm talking about Mattel, the guys who own She-Ra and do things with her.

    Despite She-Ra's being so iconic and her vast merchandising empire, we've had forms of MOTU without She-Ra multiple times, but we haven't had it without Teela (with the ONLY exception being the recent video game; She-Ra is an add-on, while is concept art. Guess that's a trade off with the 1987 movie, where Teela is in the movie, but She-Ra is concept art). If there is a new movie, cartoon or comic, guess who we will see in that new media. Guess what question that POP fans will have to ask? Teela being in something isn't news because it's pretty much a given. She-Ra being in something IS news because it doesn't happen much.

    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Even though this has been mentioned numerous times throughout this thread, I'll say it again.

    She-Ra and her story are much too complex to just throw into a MOTU series from the get go. Her back story and her supporting characters need to have their story explained before they enter the fray.

    Based on your own quote, "There must be a period where there is no She-Ra around to build to the eventual "shocking" reveal." You seem to understand this, yet you still try to use that reasoning as some sort of way to make She-Ra seem less important since she isn't used from the get go.
    The nature of that reveal storyline hurts her exposure. Is it no surprise that Teela shows up in everything, because MOTU has to lead up to She-Ra, if she even gets a chance to show up! The "leading lady" can't be there from the start, she needs any new venture to be successful before Mattel feels comfortable for her TO show up.

    That quote I used about She-Ra being "the absent mom" stands. To fix this, maybe Mattel should change her story so that she is there from the beginning along with Adam? How would POP fans feel about that?

    It really doesn't matter who shows up first. If showing up first mattered, Hordak wouldn't be the # 2 villain in the franchise.
    Showing up first shows Mattel's priorities with establishing characters. Teela is usually the first major female character shown or made in the series. If She-Ra was really the leading lady, then She-Ra would have been the first female character in Classics and we might have seen Teela in later years.

    Anyway, with some common sense, I think it's pretty easy to see that She-Ra is the lead heroine. If She-Ra, Teela, Roboto, Man-At-Arms, Stratos and Mekaneck happened to go up against a bunch of Evil Warriors, I'll guarantee that She-Ra would be leading that fight and would be expected to by the others in her company.
    Agreed. In the canonical sense.

    I really can't believe some people are trying to argue against one of the twins of power being the leading heroine. I guess that's what happens when a franchise mostly aimed towards girls incorporates itself into a "boys" line, or when people choose to look at MOTU and POP as two separate franchises.
    No, there's no "girly" She-Ra talk here or era hatred. Although there probably are fans who hate She-Ra and POP here, that isn't the case with ME. This is when Mattel doesn't push their "lead heroine" and uses the other chick instead. You guys need to be petitioning Mattel about making She-Ra and POP characters equal to He-Man and his MOTU. You change Mattel's way of think, you'll change what I'm seeing.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  18. #168
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,040
    Continue throwing your vintage toys out of the sand pitt as much as you want dude , I know you are going to cling to the brief spell of time when Teela was the lead female character. However, since the mid 80's she has been nothing more than a regular supporting character and love intrest. You hold so passionately to the lack of She-Ra in the 87 film meaning something, but I say it counts for nothing (even though she was in development for it). Wonder Woman is still more iconic than Supergirl, yet she has never seen the silver screen when Supergirl has. She-Ra is the more memorable and important character when people think of all things MOTU. Wonder Woman not having a theatrical presence compared to Lois Lane's multiple appearances in movies does not make Lois Lane a more iconic DC character than Wonder Woman. The movie argument you keep waving in our faces really is mute. You know the rights issues are what hold Mattel back with She-Ra. Considering the murky waters that is the POP franchise it gives the official statement Mattel made even more weight. Why would they publically give She-Ra this title, when they don't even have complete control of her..... Because even with what controls they do have, she is still incredably valuable to them. If she wasn't the top dog so to speak why wouldn't they simply have stated She-Ra was one of their iconic characters and left it at that. But they didn't ...they placed her above Teela and named She-Ra the lead female of MOTU. You are bloody right that I wont let this go. As a massive She-Ra fan I am not going to let you go unchallanged as you try to convince others that Mattel's statement means nothing....it does. It officially confirmed what many fans knew for years. Downplay it all you want, it is what it is. Regardless of what Mattel actually do with She-Ra's character.... that was their official stance..... announced to the worlds media. That's good enough for me. With the greatest of respect after that statement was made by Mattel anything either you or your buddies have had to say on this issue is just complere conjecture, the grumbings of the boys club who would deny She-Ra at all costs regardless of the evdience brought before you, and that statement is from Mattel.... the horses mouth. There can be no higher or water tight proof. This whole thread is just the grumbelings of fans who will never accept She-Ra for who she is. But that's ok because what is personally true for you and those who think like you does not change who She-Ra is and was always meant to be from the moment she became a part of Masters of the Universe..... she is the female power house of this universe and the Lead Iconic Female character from the Unified Masters of the Universe franchise.
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 18, 2013 at 08:59pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  19. #169
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Continue throwing your vintage toys out of the sand pitt as much as you want dude , I know you are going to cling to the brief spell of time when Teela was was the lead. However, since the mid 80's she has been nothing more than a regular supporting character and love intrest. You hold so passionately to the lack of She-Ra in the 87 film meaning something, but I say it counts for nothing (even though she was in development for it). Wonder Woman is still more iconic than Supergirl, yet she has never seen the silver screen when Supergirl has. She-Ra is the more memorable and important character when people think of all things MOTU. Wonder Woman not having a theatrical presence compared to Lois Lane's multiple appearances in movies does not make Lois Lane a more iconic DC character than Wonder Woman. The movie argument you keep waving in our faces really is mute. You know the rights issues are what hold Mattel back with She-Ra. Considering the murky waters that is the POP franchise it gives the official statement Mattel made even more weight. Why would they publically give She-Ra this title, when they don't even have complete control of her..... Because even with what controls they do have, she is still incredably valuable to them. If she wasn't the top dog so to speak why wouldn't they simply have stated She-Ra was one of their iconic characters and left it at that. But they didn't ...they placed her above Teela and named She-Ra the lead female of MOTU. You are bloody right that I wont let this go. As a massive She-Ra fan I am not going to let you go unchallanged as you try to convince others that Mattels statement means nothing....it does. It officially confirmed what many fans knew for years. Downplay ot all you want, it is what it is. Regardless of what Mattel actually do with She-Ra's character.... that was their official stance..... announced to the worlds media. That's good enough for me. With the greatest of respect after that statement was made by Mattel anything either you or your buddies have had to say on this issue is just complere conjecture, the grumbings of the boys club who would deny She-Ra at all costs regardless of the evdience brought before you, and that statement is from Mattel.... the horses mouth. There can be no higher or water tight proof. This whole thread is just the grumbelings of fans who will never accept She-Ra for who she is. But that's ok because what is personally true for you and those who think like you does not change who She-Ra is and was always meant to be from the moment she became a part of Masters of the Universe..... she is the female power house of this universe and the Lead Iconic Female character from the Unified Masters of the Universe franchise.
    You really HAVE forgotten all of the corporate spin and inconsistencies when it comes to this line in general, not just POP, and the current brand manager's feelings toward it. If you truly believe that despite Mattel's actions, then you and other POP fans should never complain again that She-Ra is being left out of anything in MOTU again. She's the "top female" in the franchise, no matter how many times that Mattel decides to use Teela over her.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  20. #170
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,040
    Where in the opening question did it say we were talking specifically about MOTUC. If it did then I could totally see where you were comming from in your last post. This was a generalised question about Master of the Universe it's self, not specific to one cannon, well thats the assumption I have been working on. This question should probably not have been asked in just the MOTUC forum, it's about a lot more than just Toyguru's MOTUC. We are never going to agree here, this could keep going for years. You are never going to back down on this issue and neither am I. I suggest we should both agree to leave this where it is and let others have at it. We can carry on with the back and forth if you prefer, but when all is said and done this argument really is over.... Your choice?
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 18, 2013 at 09:42pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  21. #171
    a Muppet of a man...
    Scotward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In Maine, by the lake.
    Posts
    1,902
    I agree, I think the back and forth has probably gone on long enough. If you guys need to continue this line of discussion, please take it to PM. Thanks.

  22. #172
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Where in the opening question did it say we were talking specifically about MOTUC. If it did then I could totally see where you were comming from in your last post. This was a generalised question about Master of the Universe it's self, not specific to one cannon, well thats the assumption I have been working on. This question should probably not have been asked in just the MOTUC forum, it's about a lot more than just Toyguru's MOTUC. We are never going to agree here, this could keep going for years. You are never going to back down on this issue and neither am I. I suggest we should both agree to leave this where it is and let others have at it. We can carry on with the back and forth if you prefer, but when all is said and done this argument really is over.... Your choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I agree, I think the back and forth has probably gone on long enough. If you guys need to continue this line of discussion, please take it to PM. Thanks.
    And when ya think no one is watching our little back and forth...

    I'll stop debating with Angel and listen to others for a bit.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  23. #173
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,040
    I agree, It's time for others to lead the discussion in this thread for a while.
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 18, 2013 at 10:05pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  24. #174
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,033
    Well, the rumor lately is that they are going to kill She-Ra off... probably because Mattel no longer wants to deal with the mistake they made by selling off the entertainment rights.

    Now, the entertainment rights are split. He-Man and She-Ra's stories, properties, are two separate things.

    Mattel probably doesn't want to buy both. So just kill She-Ra.


    Good luck to Mattel relaunching the brand at that point without all the people who do think that She-Ra is HALF the franchise. I'd be done with Mattel. And that's not an emotional comment... it's a calm, cool statement of fact... I would have no reason to support Mattel ever again as a customer.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  25. #175
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,954
    She-Ra is being retconned into New Adventures in MOTUC. She and He-Man are the prophesied Twins of Power who will take down the Evil Horde, and do. We only see NA She-Ra from the back, but she's there. I STILL think NA Teela was supposed to be She-Ra, but I'm not going to go there again.

    For the 1987 Movie, she was designed:



    She wasn't used though, and I think I understand why. They wanted to make a He-Man movie and She-Ra tagging along would have stolen his focus. Teela, who was in the movie, didn't. I mean, really, why would she? What did Teela DO? I've seen the movie multiple times and love it to pieces, but I can't really remember anything Teela did. I remember things all the others did. She seemed like a background character. Her costume was solid gray and pretty boring, too. Julie (Courtney Cox), Evil-Lyn and The Sorceress all had very memorable roles, lines, etc. Teela was "generic soldier along for the ride." If this was any other 80's action flick, she would be the first to die.

    A She-Ra movie and/or series could work with the "I have a brother?!" angle. Focus on her being evil in the Horde, then learn of her destiny. I think that would be a more fascinating angle. We're sort of seeing this in the new comic. I mean...she lives on a whole different planet, it would be pretty easy to do. Show the Horde taking over Etheria, enslaving or killing off the men (with Force Captain Adora's help), then, when she turns into She-Ra people will realize WHY The Great Rebellion is mainly made of women - the men were the first to fall. They're all that's left.

    There have been numerous concepts/attempts at new PoP shows (animated and live action), but Mattel keeps turning them down. The person who made the Wonder Woman animated movie for DC wanted to do a PoP movie too, and drew this up:



    She-Ra may not have been featured in as many incarnations of MOTU as Teela, but she always has the concept art, the fans SCREAMING to see her and industry professionals dying to bring her back in many different formats. She-Ra's biggest enemy is Mattel and I think it's because they don't know how to market her (just like in the 80's). Should they make her something like Barbie or Monster High and mainly market towards girls, or make her darker and edgy with action figures and market her mainly to boys? I REALLY think that's the main reason we rarely see She-Ra. Mattel isn't sure which way of marketing her will bring them the most profit.

    EDIT: Oh yes, there's the rights issues too. Mattel made a special deal with Entertainment Rights (before Classic Media owned the Filmation stuff) to make the 200X She-Ra exclusive. They really shot themselves in the foot by selling the rights to the Filmation stuff.

    If they kill She-Ra off in the comic, I'm done with it. Despera is the ONLY reason I haven't cancelled my comic sub. Everything else in it is just terrible. Especially Teela. I love me some Teela though, please don't think I'm hating on her. I was devastated during the 200X era because I couldn't find her figure ANYWHERE! Nu52 Teela isn't Teela at all.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 18, 2013 at 10:26pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •