Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stratos 2.0

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

Stratos 2.0

Stratos is gonna to be re-released again with NO UPDATES!!! Even weŽll have again the glued wings. This must be a joke!

Toyguru says: "If MOTUC went to retail (like in a movie year) we might re-release older figures scaled down (i.e. one head, one accessory) at retail and keep the plus'd up new figurtes on Mattycollector.com."

Well, we already have the scaled down figure NOW we want the improved one, so some changes must be done in a new Stratos.

-Monkey feet. I hate sock feet conected to a "fur" body. (BeastMan original toy had sock-feet but in MOTUC this was improved)
    -Unglued wings. In a multi-articulated figure we have no movable wings. I want some poseable wings, with a ball joint like Webstor limbs or Buzz-Off wings.
    -Emerald Staff - Stratos is the only figure with no accesories!!!???

Any other suggestions?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I won't do Stratos like that. Epic fail. If the sub ever includes the reissues i'm out b/c of this kind of stuff. It would have been better to not do Stratos!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I actually just fixed my Stratos two nights ago with a blow dryer and a tiny flat head screwdriver!

It was surprisingly, a pretty easy, and quick, fix!
    – No comment.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    If the sub ever includes the reissues i'm out b/c of this kind of stuff.
    The reissues are not included in the sub.
    Nobody talked about the sub.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    I like the idea of the jointed wings, that'd be awesome to have articulation for that.

Heroic Warrior
    1st of all... Stratos is one of my favorite characters. I love the version I got, sock feet and all

HOwever... as big a fan as I am... Is this REALLY a 'Rerelease'??

I fully expect That this is simply leftover stock from the FIRST Rerelease, and therefore NATURALLY there isn't going to be any changes.

As for the staff... I don't WANT one. He never used a staff in the minicomics.. he never used one in the cartoon.. The way his arms are outspread look awesome as is...

Nor do I want the wings to spin around and do weird things.. that's not what they were designed to do in the original version, they were to look like feathered arms..

HOWEVER!!!!

I will agree the wings that ARE glued are in the wrong position... if the wings were in the RIGHT position I'd be fine with them glued... Sadly I don't actually have a hairdryer to fix it.. OH well.. SOMEDAY....

The fact that they 'supposedly' fixed the wings in the TRU pack.. but NOT here... makes me see it as leftover stock and CERTAINLY not worth rioting over... Add in the fact that I don't TRULY believe that Stratos is THE most popular figure outside of He-man and Skeletor.. (the only other ones to get THREE releases AND a TRU 2 pack... )

Just buy the TRU release. Wings fixed, problem solved. And that color scheme is better anyway, IMO.

I sure do hope that this is CS stock, and not a new run, as no changes = no sale for me.

I really want a Stratos with decent wings. That's all.

Beast-feet would be preferable too, but being able to rotate the wings to a good position is what I need before I can buy it.

Stratos is my least favorite MOTU character....He is essentially a flying monkey and comes with no weapons. Even as a kid I disliked him so much I never spent the allowance money to get him. I have the classics version and that is the last Stratos I ever intend to buy. However, if they add the staff of avion to an upcoming weapons pack, I might be happy with that.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    As for the staff... I don't WANT one. He never used a staff in the minicomics.. he never used one in the cartoon..
    Attached Images Attached Images

The problem is that if those changes were made he would essentially be a bonus figure like a 200x evil lyn...and in order for matty to be able to justify this figure they would put it in a qaurterly bonus spot and I can think of better revamps or bonus figures than a new stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The reissues are not included in the sub.
    Nobody talked about the sub.
    A Stratos 2.0 wouldn't be a re-release with the changes you mentioned, so would most likely take an A-List Variant slot
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'll take him with the changes you mentioned, and gold/peach colored fur.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    It's just weird to release Stratos with glued wings again. It was March 2010 when Toyguru finally acknowledged the mistake. That means the release will be over a year after Mattel knew there was a problem, and we've been told they plan releases about a year ahead, so there will have been ample time to get this right.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I want a Stratos with a right hand that can hold a weapon. If Skeletor can get a new left hand for a re-release, so can good ol' Stratos.
    I want my other half.

Guys.. Wings, glue, colors, hand, accessories, feet.. But all this won't change the fact that his face is without any expression at all! He is just simply boring to look at, no excitement on his facial expression whatsoever - like an actor who ends up in a movie just for a paycheque - he is just dull and sad and was a first figure I gladly skipped - when I looked at him I thought he looks like he was from a different story.. a proud example of first figure with a face 'on botox' in Motuc. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned as long as they keep his face the way it is they better keep him away from taking a bonus figure slot - him and Zodac / Zodak, another member of a 'dull facial expression' club ;-P
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    I want a Stratos with a right hand that can hold a weapon. If Skeletor can get a new left hand for a re-release, so can good ol' Stratos.
    All they'd have to do is give him Carnivus hands. If they were truly the experts and fans they claim to be then maybe they might have thought of that with the TRU Stratos.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

This has got to be leftover stock from the first release then, as I find it hard to believe that you need a new production SKU to not glue on the wings. Way to go Matty.... another 'Sell Out' that wasn't really sold out.

Why didn't Stratos just come with clip-on wings? Considering that his wings are part of his power (along with jet-pack & helmet), shouldn't he get a few different versions to swop?

Whether this is colours or size/shape. Wouldn't this lord of Avion have a few ceremonial wings? Or combat wings (edged with blades or points going over the wrists, etc)? Peacock wings for dancin'?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    1st of all... Stratos is one of my favorite characters.
    Same here!

Add in the fact that I don't TRULY believe that Stratos is THE most popular figure outside of He-man and Skeletor.. (the only other ones to get THREE releases AND a TRU 2 pack... )
    Ask yourself why! Stratos is a cool character. He definetly is! HeŽs a flying monkey lord of the Avions that can shoot beams from his forearms and has a jetpack for added speed. How cooler can he be? Oh, wait. With accessories! With corrected wings! With hands that are able to grab and hold stuff! With feet instead of socks!

Stratos is THE most neglected figure in MOTUC history and that just saddens me.
    Almost every other figure (except Zodac) as at least 2 accessories and at least one hand that can grab stuff. So even if Mattel spared a weapon because of the high costs, they could have at least made him able to hold a spare weapon from the weapon paks.
    And believe me, Mattel: Stratos is an A-list character, one of the first 8 figures in MOTU history and the above mentioned improvements are enough reasons to use up a redesign sku, as fans would totally buy this improved figure again.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    ...I find it hard to believe that you need a new production SKU to not glue on the wings.
    Yeah, that's what confuses me.

Just don't glue the wings on the re-issue, and I'll buy it. It's not like I'm asking for anything complicated.

Anyways, if a non-glued wings Stratos (with default colours) really does require a new SKU, then how about these changes:

- Beast-Man feet
    - Chief Carnivus hands
    - Non-glued wings
    - Staff/spear/sceptor thing
    - Paint apps on armor (silver on clasp above belt buckle, red on feathered shoulder pieces)

That's about all I can think of changing, while still having it be the Stratos we all know and love.

EDIT:

I was browsing MotU art online, and noticed something I hadn't seen before in the Eternian (Towers) Playset promotional art.

Stratos (far left) is weilding a curved silver sword!

So that's another accessory Mattel could add to help "refresh" a new Stratos.
    Last edited by DroothR; February 5, 2011 at 09:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I'm actually pretty happy with my Stratos. Maybe it's the way I have him posed "in flight" but neither the open hands nor the position of the wings is off-putting for me. I've always pictured him flying kind of like Superman, with arms outstretched so the open hands work for that, and with the arms "up" the wings appear to be in a more natural point of rotation along the wrist.

I can see why others might want the wings to rotate for different positioning, but I'd be worried about how loose the hands become (I haven't yet opened my TRU Stratos to check the wing rotation)...

Anyway, if they were going to put changes in, as others have mentioned it would make him a quarterly bonus, not a rerelease... And "accessory-compatible" hands, feet with toes, and rotating wings just isn't that exciting of a variation. These are minor cosmetic things that don't do much to "refresh the look of the character" as we expect from quarterly bonus figures.

I hope those who want such changes are able to get them somehow, but I really hope Mattel doesn't try to shoehorn it in as a bonus figure.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Just buy the TRU release. Wings fixed, problem solved. And that color scheme is better anyway, IMO.
    Spoken for truth!

and

Stratos is perfect as he is, He like Beast man were based solely on the original 8 back art.

As you can see Beast man has the toes and Stratos has the feet his MOTUC figure was released with.

I adore the '8 Back' MOTUC figures because-for the first time ever- we have the figures that a lot of us back in 1982 stared at and dreamed of getting. And I applaud TG for sticking to the Ethos of this line and giving us the figures that early 80's manufacturing couldn't ever achieve!

at some point maybe TG & Co will make another Stratos-with a new SKU, but until then he is perfect. IMO

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 6, 2011 at 04:40am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Stratos is the one figure where I felt they dropped the ball in MOTUC. With the 80s version (and the Filmation cartoon), it always appeared that the wings were worn in a symbolic fashion. They were not what actually allowed the Avions to fly. It was the cool jet packs each figure came with that really gave them flight. In the cartoon it was the staff, but they flew like Superman. The wings did not move.

I feel that the wings should have been designed in two parts, and worn in a similar fashion like Man-at-arms and the Royal Guards armor.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 6, 2011 at 05:12am.