Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much have we 'orgers spent on the line so far?

How much have we 'orgers spent on the line so far?

Hey all!

While waiting for Friday's sale items to go up, I decided to go into my order history and tally up what I'd spent on the line since it's inception in 2008. I went through and added up all the orders that actually went through, from the SDCC King Grayskull all the way up until today. Now my total actually reflects 4 guys ordering (since we combine to save shipping), but I was still floored by the total. I figured something in the $3000-$4000 range max.... Boy was I off.

$9725.00

That's almost 10 grand since 2008 (and we really only had 2 months that we bought something in that year). From 4 guys. And that doesn't include SDCC stuff picked up at the shows either. I'm sure we have actually hit the $10,000 mark with those included.

I thought it might be interesting to get everybody from the org to tally up their orders as well, and then we can get a grand total from all that participated in the thread to see just how much the org fan community has contributed to Matty.

It was a real wake up call for me seeing this number coming from just 4 guys... and then remembering some of the latest responses from Toy Guru on things like the shoulder issue and the price change in the Weapons Rack. While some may not agree with this portion of why I'm doing this- I really feel that we are being treated with less and less respect as consumers. I want to see a cold hard number as to just how much we fans are putting into this...

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; April 17, 2011 at 09:29pm.

Just form Matty $1,186.50 that does not inculde the figures that I bought off 2nd market before they said they where going do the re issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    Just form Matty $1,186.50 that does not inculde the figures that I bought off 2nd market before they said they where going do the re issues.
    Yeah, probably best to leave off secondary market totals... since they might be figures originally included in a different org members order total.

Sallah

I see these kind of threads hurting the line

If you really make me think about how much I'm actually spending, reason and maturity might take over and convince me to buy less or stop buying anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I see these kind of threads hurting the line

If you really make me think about how much I'm actually spending, reason and maturity might take over and convince me to buy less or stop buying anything at all.
    Yeah, it's a slippery slope... but it really made me take a long hard look at the way things are right now. We are constantly being told how small the lines is, and how it can't afford this or that. And I agree that it probably isn't anywhere near what a mainstream line brings in. But still... that's A LOT of money, coming directly from a consumer to the company (no middleman). At least, we deserve to be treated a little better than I feel we have been as of late.

Sallah

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So I just did my total...$1,014

I could use that money elsewhere, but I really do love this hobby. It brings me a lot of joy, and I just can't imagine not wanting to be a collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    So I just did my total...$1,014

I could use that money elsewhere, but I really do love this hobby. It brings me a lot of joy, and I just can't imagine not wanting to be a collector.
    Yeah, me neither... I am not going anywhere. As long as the line keeps going, I'll be there. But I thought we as fans should be aware of just how much money we are putting into this... and how we should really be treated as consumers spending that much money.

Sallah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    $1577 not counting the shipping fees.

And that's one of EVERY figure including this month's stuff, all 4 TRU 2 packs, both Weapons packs, 3 dioramas, 3 Palace Guards and an extra 2 Teelas, 2 He-Mans, Battle Cat (for 200X BC), King Grayskull 2.0, Adora, King Hssss, Keldor and Trap Jaw.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Yeah, it's a slippery slope... but it really made me take a long hard look at the way things are right now. We are constantly being told how small the lines is, and how it can't afford this or that. And I agree that it probably isn't anywhere near what a mainstream line brings in. But still... that's A LOT of money, coming directly from a consumer to the company (no middleman). At least, we deserve to be treated a little better than I feel we have been as of late.

Sallah
    Really confused @ how we've been mistreated. I for one have paid for figures and recieved figures. No mistreatment that I've seen.

I think using that phrase is a little inflammatory. . .

Heroic Warrior
    7428.00 total since the beginning! MAN! I could have almost had a downpayment on a house for what I've put into this toyline. A VERY sobering thread this one!
    Good trades with: Cammor

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Way too much and dont want to think about it in case my wife sees this post. While i can afford i will keep buying anything motu.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Are we counting shipping fees and taxes or just the figures?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If "reason and maturity" are the order of the day, you REALLY should include shipping for MC stuff (also, customs fees/tax as applicable), y'know

Are we counting shipping fees and taxes or just the figures?
    If you've spent the money on stuff bought directly from mattycollector.com (or from one of Mattel's con booths), you should include it, I'd say. [Secondary market costs should probably be listed too, but separately...]
    Last edited by Reboot; April 17, 2011 at 10:50pm. Reason: .

$2,411 just summing up what is showing on Find My Order.

But of course that is not entirely correct for me. I've bought some for friends and I've had friends buy for me. But that is probably a decent number for me. But for over two years, that doesn't seem too bad to me

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have spent about $1672.43 since I got on Matty. I have ordered an extra item here and there, but I don't even want to think about what I've spent on my Star Wars figures or my DVDs or Xbox games.

The only thing I can say is that this is my disposable income. I pay all my bills. I have three retirement accounts. I pay more than I should on Health insurance because my school district is #$%. I also put money aside for vacations, savings, and christmas shopping.

If I have too, I'll cut MOTUC, but so far everything is good.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

My grand total's somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 US (He-Man, Teela, Man-At-Arms, Randor, Zodac, Skeletor, two Evil-Lyns, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, Faker, Webstor, Whiplash, Scareglow, Battle Cat, Panthor, and lots of stands). XD

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

The only thing I can say is that this is my disposable income. I pay all my bills. I have three retirement accounts. . . . I also put money aside for vacations, savings, and christmas shopping.

If I have too, I'll cut MOTUC, but so far everything is good.
    That is pretty much me as well.

I've ordered for me and at one time for two other local collectors and our total is somewhere around 1,400USD. I assume my part of that would be somewhere around 800USD.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

the question is how much money got matty from us ?

10,000,000 ?

I've gotten one of everything from matty, plus an extra Faker and She-Ra. I got one King Grayskull 1.0 from SDCC, and got 2.0 from matty.

So whatever that is.

Really confused @ how we've been mistreated. I for one have paid for figures and recieved figures. No mistreatment that I've seen.

I think using that phrase is a little inflammatory. . .
    Well, it is my personal opinion... But I really think the responses to complaints haven't really been met with the professionalism and care that a company should use with their customer base. It has happened since the beginning of the line really- with a plethora of Digital River issues that have still never been addressed, and continuous defects in figure manufacturing that keep occuring even with promises that they won't. Add to all that the somewhat condescending tone in a few of Toy Guru's latest responses to complaints, and you've got a serious issue with customer satisfaction on a wide scale.

I just feel that seeing these numbers might instill a new sense of just what we should be expecting in relation to the amount we have poured into the system.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Why wouldn't you include it?

I don't have a 2011 subscription so my spending has gone down some this year, but I've spent $1,515.65 including shipping so far ordering from Matty since the beginning of the line.

Heroic Warrior
    $2598 since 4/19/2010, I got in late and I eliminated all the non MOTUC items (I'm big into DCUC, probably being on Mattycollector for that line got me back into Masters). I've picked up most every other figure on the secondary market save for the SDCC Grayskulls.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    $792, which is all new figures from January 10-September 10 (had to skip October & November for financial reasons), Buzz Off in December, and my sub starting in January 11. I ordered a Weapons Rack, and Orko, at their respective times. The only thing I didn't add in was the 2 DCUC 2-packs I bought during the Black Friday sale, totalling $58.70.

I traded for the rest of my collection, and I'm missing Zodak, Stratos, Wun-Dar, Grizzlor, Roboto, King Grayskull, Weapons Pak 2, and the Palace Guards. ... miraculously LOL

I somehow ended up with an Eternia map, though
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Why wouldn't you include it?

I don't have a 2011 subscription so my spending has gone down some this year, but I've spent $1,515.65 including shipping so far ordering from Matty since the beginning of the line.
    I agree that shipping should be included. It is part of the cost deferred to the consumer. Remember that Matty eliminated UPS ground due to the increased cost, and chose the cheaper Cornerstone Logistics for the new shipping of all product. Unless Matty has some sort of money tied into the shipping, there would be no reason to do this, since we are the ones paying the shipping fee.

Sallah