Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Light Hope MOTUC Thread

Heroic Warrior

Official Light Hope MOTUC Thread

Some of us were talking about Light Hope on this thread...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=218044&page=3

Initially I suggested it as a joke, but then came to the conclusion that it is entirely possible to make a Light Hope figure, especially given that we are actually getting a Horde Prime figure, so really why not?

Here is a concept drawn by JazylH that I found, which I think is amazing as it uses the Crystal Castle as a design feature in the crown...

Anyway, just wondering how many people would be keen on seeing a Light Hope figure somewhere down the road. I think this could potentially be an absolutely amazing figure!!

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Ah, not quite what I was thinking. It looks too much like the Mighty Spector.

there's been at least a few Q&As about light hope and initially they said they could give him a figure since that'd be their own creation, then post-filmation rights they said they could do a coloured tube type of deal but that doing his cartoon form wouldn't prevent a figure form too; so a figure looks like a real possibility. ideally, we'd get both forms. he could have the most amazing story too about how he got disembodied; i got no idea what his figure form should look like though.

that looks like modern saint seiya.
    Last edited by Arkangel; August 1, 2013 at 11:21am.

I'd like a Filmation Light Hope 'tube'.
    It could be done more as an environment, like the weapons rack...

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    there's been at least a few Q&As about light hope and initially they said they could give him a figure since that'd be their own creation, then post-filmation rights they said they could do a coloured tube type of deal but that doing his cartoon form wouldn't prevent a figure form too; so a figure looks like a real possibility. ideally, we'd get both forms. he could have the most amazing story too about how he got disembodied; i got no idea what his figure form should look like though.
    Why not just give us a figure in a colored tube
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'd rather not see a figure. I'm not sure the 4H could resist the challenge of trying to design one, mind you, but my gut tells me the end result would look a lot like The Faceless One.

I'd rather see Mattel come up with some kind of light projector that could achieve the "wave" effect of Light Hope, once projected onto a strip of plastic...

...but that seems like it might be over their heads. It would involve batteries and as far as I can tell, none of their other offerings do.

Unfortunately, a "man" type action figure is likely to be the best we'll get.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think that a figure would be unfortunate at all. I'd prefer a figure that comes with a light tube of some sort, packed in as an accessory.

I think what would be really great, is if for a convention exclusive, they could give us the "She-Ra Secret-Holders" in a package that's designed to look like the colored Light Hope tube - include Madame Razz & Broom, Kowl, and Loo-Kee. The package would double as Light Hope - like the King Grayskull packaging doubled as Castle Grayskull.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think what would be really great, is if for a convention exclusive, they could give us the "She-Ra Secret-Holders" in a package that's designed to look like the colored Light Hope tube - include Madame Razz & Broom, Kowl, and Loo-Kee. The package would double as Light Hope - like the King Grayskull packaging doubled as Castle Grayskull.
    I'd support that WITH an actual Light Hope figure included, not just as the package.

Lovelovelovelovelove the idea of a Lighthope figure in a translucent, multicolored, tube that lights up!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Light Hope would be awesome as MotUC figure!

see this is the thing. LIght hope should not get anthropomorphized in my mind. But I also have no interest in getting a light up sheet of plastic, ect.

Dont get me wrong, I'm open to getting "wow'ed" and having something shown to me that the 4H have made and just having to own. But in practice I still havent seen something that would make a good LIght Hope figure though I am open to the interpritaions and the idea of this in principal.

I would love to see a Light Hope figure that takes some cues from The Faceless One and Horde Prime (with that big sort of "fits over the head and rests on the shoulders" style of armor, with a cape), but done in a way that makes him a nice counter to the dark look of FO and HP. Perhaps some translucent body parts with the armor done in very light colors... not sure if I would go with pink, baby blue, light purple, gold... I have an idea in my head of what parts and what style of armor, but don't really know what would look best colors-wise. I'm thinking his head sculpt could resemble the facade of the classic toy Crystal Castle, and he could wield a staff that used the Filmation Crystal Castle design as the top of the staff. Sort of a "walking Crystal Castle" action figure could be very very cool.

I love Princess of Power. I would love to see a light hope.

With that said though , giving form to something that has no form is a chore. And with the fickle nature of the fan base , you could never get the entire fan base to agree on that one form either.

So for now , I think this is as close to light hope as we will get.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I'd like a Filmation Light Hope 'tube'.
    It could be done more as an environment, like the weapons rack...
    That would be awesome!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'd love his pool and a translucent plastic, rainbow-coloured tube you can clip into it (or have it off). I would also like a rainbow-coloured, translucent plastic "background" we could put behind our figures (Light Hope appeared to She-Ra in a bunch of places).

A figure would be cool too, but I need the first stuff.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Lighthope thread

Now that Mattel has the filmation rights... how would you want Lighthope to be made? Shimmering plastic? Holographic foil? Something else? Or something similar to the toy version? And which figure do you think he should be included with? Kowl? Some random Twigget? Madam Razz? Broom? And how tall would you like Lighthope to be? Discuss!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I'm pretty torn about how I would want Light Hope to be represented. I am coming around to the idea of him getting a human form akin to how Horde Prime has been translated.

What I can tell you is that I would NOT want main characters like Madame Razz or Kowl included as accessories. I would hope, if a Light Hope ever does get made, that these important figures will have already received their own release.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I want his pool and a rainbow, shimmery, plastic "wall" that's sort of bendy so it can clip into the pool, or stand on its own as a wall (as Light Hope travels).

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

very tricky but I do want a plastic representation of Light Hope. I would love to see how Emiliano would approach Light Hope in his MOTUC visions art work.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I want his pool and a rainbow, shimmery, plastic "wall" that's sort of bendy so it can clip into the pool, or stand on its own as a wall (as Light Hope travels).

http://www.serienoldies.de/images2/s...ight_hope1.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...hthopeout4.jpg
    That'd be perfect for me! Have him as an item similar to the weapons rack.

I suppose he'd be kind of like a diorama almost, maybe have his base double as a stand for figures.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Perhaps a moment to finally consider Light Hope.

Hey everyone,

I'm not a "super" active (rather opposed to radio "active") lol, member here on the boards but I only post when I feel like my two cents may be relevant. So this is something that I feel I need to get off my chest. I have seen post after post of who must be done Vintage, POP, Filmation, yadda yadda, before the line ends. Also with the uncertainty of next year happening, (hey I did my part, I subbed) like every year I say, they better show such and such at comic con or I'm not subbing. In 2012 it was Shadow Weaver, in 2013 it was Ram-Man, and in 2014 it was a 50/50 split between Two-bad and Glimmer, Scott and the boys ponied up so I had to put my money where my mouth was and made a 600+ commitment for next year based on two figures. I will say this first and this is not a sub pushing thread, but as far as I've been secretly hinted at by several sources, Scott is very much keeping his part of the bargain for characters next year that the majority wants next year. I will not reveal any further than I have, but then again these sources were all around comic-con talking about it, even at the panel, and I'm not referring to BCRduke, though Ill bet he caught wind of it.
    This thread is about a character who oft gets forgotten by most wanted lists all over the place, and I guess because to do an accurate version of this character it needs to be done as a sdcc exclusive or quarterly item. I'm of course referring to Light Hope thne formless being of light, who I believe was even mentioned in Scott's bios. So to set the record straight, the only ones who know She-Ra/Adora's secret sans all the ones who know He-man's secret have not been released to date. Yes I know Kowl is coming very soon, but no Madame Razz, as far as I know, and certainly not even a Glimmer of Light Hope. I realize that was corny, yes. But seriously doesn't anyone think that this "character" is basically the "Sorceress" for She-Ra? I know that The Sorceress is actually The Sorceress for She-Ra she has both I get it, but take the cross-over out of the equation and wouldn't Light Hope be the Sorceress's counterpart?
    How many of you would be up in arms if we never got the Sorceress? I'll bet 99.9% of the board, (except for those members who think girls are icky, with of course the exception of Teela so He-man has someone to rescue), I'm one of them, if I didn't at least get the Sorceress my entire collection would feel like I'm riding a bike with out breaks, yeah you can use your feet but it's just better to have the luxury of breaks, and our Sorceress, drum wings and all.
    Really. Isn't it about time we got even a mention of Light Hope or it's brought up to Scott during a Mattel Q&A, how would they do him? Would he be quarterly, would they go all out and deluxe him with lights and sounds and be a sdcc exclusive? Or better yet the end of year item? I know it's hard for y'all to get your mind around paying upwards of 40-50 bucks plus shipping for a plastic glowing shaft but really that's what he is. Still essential as far as I see. We will with utmost certainty never ever see a Crystal Castle playset, but maybe a Light Hope diorama would be the closest we can get.
    Last edited by Blaster; July 31, 2013 at 05:05am.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Light Hope in MOTUC

How bad ass is he: