Thread: MOTU Classics Galactic Protector She-Ra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Galactic Protector She-Ra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys!

At long last, here's my review of Galactic Protector She-Ra. I know she's very late, but I've had a ton of requests for this video so I hope you all enjoy it even if you may already have her.

Mattel did not send GP She-Ra and Arrow out for review. This happens sometimes, and I always make sure to still review my subscription figures when they arrive. But this all happened at such an incredibly busy time of the year for me, and I had so many other reviews I had to complete for various companies that took priority since I had deadlines to meet. So I apologize I took so long!

Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Great review as always Dan.
    Best figure in Club Etheria IMO
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Great review.

My She-Ra though has the same exact problem, right ankle really good but the left is super lose!

I΄m glad i΄m not the only one who likes the Gold/silver swap, it fits both of them and the figure looks amazing. I don't get why she was part of the Etheria sub but once they are here who cares

Thank you for that great review.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Actually I basically agree. Getting Madame Razz was huge, but GP SHe Ra shows that again and again the best part of MOTUC has been getting new things. New equals fresh and alive and evolving and that is interesting and exciting.

I love GP She Ra so much. I wish she were not taller than basically everyone else in the line, heh, but She is great.

This is why I am hopeful for the life of this property, things like this. They can continue to do some things we know and expect, but there is so much lifeblood in all they could do new, if done well.

Also am I wrong or is her top basically her toy top? Even if it is not perfect, I love that they worked that design element into this figure to not only do something new, but do something old too. Root it in her history.

Great job, Dan. I still haven't had a chance to open mine, but she is a great looking toy.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

One of a few questionable inclusions in Club Etheria, IMO. The marketing of the sub was very confused. I remember a banner saying something along the lines of 'make way for the ladies of the Great Rebellion' and yet they placed Entrapta and Light Hope in the sub. And Galactic Protector She-Ra - based on what we know of her - spent no time on Etheria whatsoever…

Entrapta and Light Hope were demanded for years and should have been released (although not in a sub that was marketed as a platform for the women of the Great Rebellion). However, I'd have preferred Galactic Protector She-Ra's spot be taken by one of the other POP toyline girls or Granita, who has also been on fans' want lists for donkeys years.

I'll be sticking both of mine on eBay soon.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Great figure, amazing design and amazing all round concept. I am very glad I picked her up, she will look awesome posed in front of Flipshot.

Thanks for the review Dan
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Love this figure! Nice to see her finally reviewed in a video.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'm looking forward to receiving my GP She-Ra soon. She will look awesome posed next to GP He-Man.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Well, I received an email from DR yesterday about my replacement NA She-Ra's. So technically this review is new for me !

Honestly, I can't wait for the figure ! I really want to display her next to NA He-Man. Even though I prefer gold colour scheme instead of silver, I love her design by Nate. And I don't find her inclusion as "questionable" at all !

Hey, Mermista was part of Club Eternia sub, but she is from Etheria right ?

I don't even worry about her "sad face" that some people complain. From what I see in pictures & videos so far, to me, she is amazing !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Actually I basically agree. Getting Madame Razz was huge, but GP SHe Ra shows that again and again the best part of MOTUC has been getting new things. New equals fresh and alive and evolving and that is interesting and exciting.
    Possibly. I think the figure is great (essentially a "home run"), but I think it's a good thing this variant was released this far into MOTUC's existence. I'm a fan of all MOTUC figures to some extent... but this line would've meant next-to-nothing to me if they wouldn't have re-released MOTUC versions of at least 80 percent of "vintage MOTU" releases (which doesn't even figure in "newesque" figures like Razz or SW).

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great review as always Dan.
    Best figure in Club Etheria IMO
    I SECOND this!

I'll just repeat what I wrote in the GP She-Ra arrival thread:

This is kind of a retrospective on NA She-Ra.

After having her on my shelf for a couple of weeks now, I have to say, she's become one of my most favorite MOTUC figures.

The color-scheme, details, sculpt, and accessories are all spot-on. Her costume design is a perfect marriage of classic She-Ra and NA He-Man, and her blaster/belt is delicious icing-on-the-cake! I am truly in love with this figure now, and having her as part of the New Adventures line (sorry PoP) just makes her that much more favorable!

Bravo 4H, I could not have asked for a better way for She-Ra to look in the future!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Not crazy about her. I'd have rather gotten perfuma in her place so we could have had another slot in 2015 for something like vultak or hunga. But then again I can't stand NA and would have removed flogg hydron and Mara to free up more slots in this last two year wrap up

MOTUC used to be about a weird combination of innovation and aping what the kids were into these days ("They like cowboys, right? And cyborgs? Ninjor! Wait, let's make the new cartoon into Star Wars!"), but for the last few decades, it has all beena bout preserving vintage. I like seeing new designs like this, asthey re a hint of the franchise maybe beginning to take a step forward.

'Course, it doesn't hurt that She-Ra is now a space-age techno valkyrie.

Heroic Warrior
    Some things shouldn't be messed with simply because they can't be improved upon. I feel this way about classic designs when it comes to dc comics, marvel comics and motu. The 200x stuff for the most part were hideous updates. The looks in the new dc motu comic are abysmal. Contemporary designs love drab colorless palettes and are aesthetically repulsive. The old guard had creativity that these modern ones simply lack.

Frankly I don't want the motu universe to take a step forward because there isn't anyone around now who could do reasonable justice to it.

The old guard wasn't exactly lovingly-designed by master artists to last. It was thrown together real fast to reuse parts and appeal to kids. I mean, c'mon, Stinkor was just a repainted Mer-Man because they realized they could make him look like a skunk!

Remember, we're looking lovingly at things we loved as children - nostalgia goggles are in full play here. Just as the current kids will look at their stuff, in time...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Some things shouldn't be messed with simply because they can't be improved upon. I feel this way about classic designs when it comes to dc comics, marvel comics and motu. The 200x stuff for the most part were hideous updates. The looks in the new dc motu comic are abysmal. Contemporary designs love drab colorless palettes and are aesthetically repulsive. The old guard had creativity that these modern ones simply lack.
    We went from characters reusing parts in Vintage to everyone having unique sculpts and builds in 200X -- no wonder we had Era Wars™! I think Anime influences aside like small heads and buster weapons, that was a HUGE step up. Even the Vintage line evolved to later having unique sculpts in the later years.

Frankly I don't want the motu universe to take a step forward because there isn't anyone around now who could do reasonable justice to it.
    I don't think we need a host of new characters. I think the MOTU Universe is fine with the characters that we have without going into the future. Just expand upon existing characters that we barely know nothing about like 200X/MYP did. Heck, Filmation's contributions are limited to one-shot appearances that definitely need expanding. TG included NA stuff in the present timeline to make it more MOTU. We even have She-Ra up in NA.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

She's great!
    Nice variant must admit but no excuse for SB she-ra matty!!!

anyway her design/color scheme mirror Illumina a bit , dont ya agree ??
    there's something of in GP she-ra I dont know.....maybe its just me
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?