Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The MOTUC Index

http://www.nijirain.com/eternia.htm

my site, its a motuc agenda, take a look

HEROES OF TAJALAN Page - MY TOYLINE! Here: http://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfEternitia
    My Deviantart http://nijirain.deviantart.com - I accept commissions for drawings and custom/sculpts!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I added a few little updates here and there, most notably Hssss-gate and Captain Hydron. This thread will most likely be updated alot more once the SDCC exclusive is revealed and launches a thousand threads dedicated to that particular figure.

JVS3
    I was all for these threads when they started out.
    But, now it seems to be more about a race to start a thread for every character under the sun.

I'm pretty confident that some of these characters have a very slim chance of seeing the light of day for a very long time, if at all.
    Heck, we haven't even gotten through some of the core vintage characters yet!

So let's drop it into first gear for a while. There's no reason to rush to make a thread for every character you can think of just to do it. Most of these threads quickly fall off the map because few people care... no offense.

If there's a reason to start up a new one for a character that's pretty popular? Or if conversation has started to lull and fresh meat is needed? Let's do it then.

Thanks!
    The thread was started and closed before I got up this morning. Since all of these Official Threads can be cataloged into the Index, I thought we could continue the discussion here.

I think we're seeing a boom of "Official Threads" mainly because of a combination of a lack of major news and excitement for the presumable announcement of the Filmation Rights at SDCC 2011.

As far as New Adventures characters, I think those characters have long deserved threads of their own to increase their awarness. An example of this would be the screencaps in the Karatti thread. They have won over a couple new fans.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 24, 2011 at 01:02pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This thread will most likely be updated alot more once the SDCC exclusive is revealed and launches a thousand threads dedicated to that particular figure.
    Can there be a time limit put on the "Automerged doublepost" thing? I saw MGM apparently posting the above "Today" and had a WTH moment...

I think we're seeing a boom of "Official Threads" mainly because of a combination of a lack of major news and excitement for the presumable announcement of the Filmation Rights at SDCC 2011.
    It was getting a bit out of hand, though. There are now several "can we get this background character" threads (some pariodic, but some not...) that could probably stand to be merged into
    here or here

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Can there be a time limit put on the "Automerged doublepost" thing? I saw MGM apparently posting the above "Today" and had a WTH moment...
    That's because I posted something new to the thread itself, not the Index. You can bump a thread by trying to add a new post.

It was getting a bit out of hand, though. There are now several "can we get this background character" threads (some pariodic, but some not...) that could probably stand to be merged into here or here
    I agree. Filmation has many characters, but not all of them are action figure worthy.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

... Filmation has many characters, but not all of them are action figure worthy.
    Preach it, MGM!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I've begun merging characters from different sections.

For example, Ferros, Repta and Rachney are no longer just Filmation characters that Mattel doesn't have access to, but possible Horde members Mattel can make. 200X is becoming like this too, where characters like Battleground Evil-Lyn cease to be merely "200X characters" and are turned into general MOTU characters or looks.

A general section is called "World of MOTU" where I put characters with no clear or questionable allegiance. For example, Queen Elmora isn't a Master. I put the one-hit wonder villains under there too because working with Skeletor on a plot (ala Count Marzo, Fang Man, Evilseed or Icer) isn't the same as being a regular Evil Warrior (Beast Man, Tri-Klops).

So if you guys have suggestions, you can always post them in the thread! It's just like any other thread, only it's stickied at the top!

Filmation has many characters, but not all of them are action figure worthy.
    Hear, hear !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Good grief! There are a lot of Filmation Horde members.

Facet and Reboot, you guys do a great job of tracking these threads down!

Hey, MGM. I have a thread for my favorite character BLADE somewhere in the forums. I thought I'd access it via your index, but nothing is listed for him. Can you add him? I'm hoping to bring him back up in people's minds for popularity polls!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Hey, MGM. I have a thread for my favorite character BLADE somewhere in the forums. I thought I'd access it via your index, but nothing is listed for him. Can you add him? I'm hoping to bring him back up in people's minds for popularity polls!
    Thanks for letting me know about it, Adam! I've just added it!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    That Filmation Randor thead isn't there. I started one a while back, but it mysteriously vanished.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That Filmation Randor thead isn't there. I started one a while back, but it mysteriously vanished.
    It got mergified... (I forget if it was to the Filmation variants thread or a Randor variants thread)

Damn...I never realized that I never had a Sea Hawk entry.

New to the Index: Emiliano's MOTUC Visions series! Located near the bottom of all the entries, you'll see Emiliano's own ideas for concepts ranging from the Sorceress to Horde Troopers!

I think I've tracked down ALL of them so far! They are amazing!
    (Now if he would get to work on Snake Alliance Evil-Lyn when he gets some spare time!--hint, hint!)
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 4, 2011 at 08:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just noticed sweet bee's official thread isnt under her name. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eet+bee+thread

I've added a MOTUC Comics section to the Index, featuring the mini-comics, the DC book and the digital issues! It seems like there's a new book to add all of the time, something I never thought we'd see in this line. There is also Emiliano's MOTUC Visions section, where Emiliano tries his hand at designing characters who have yet to appear in Classics! Go check out how he's designed your favorite!

Unfortunately, I've added a MOTUC Quality Control Issues section, where we can keep track of all the issues that have plagued the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Unfortunately, I've added a MOTUC Quality Control Issues section, where we can keep track of all the issues that have plagued the line.
    This may be unfortunate, but it has become really necessary, IMO. It's a great initiative, though. I'll be sure to read it from time to time... Thank you, MegaGearMax !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    This may be unfortunate, but it has become really necessary, IMO. It's a great initiative, though. I'll be sure to read it from time to time... Thank you, MegaGearMax !
    Even more unfortunate is that I've had to ADD Quality Control issues like Spikor's eyes, Frosta's arms and the Black Plastic.

The comics section is getting much larger though!

As we count down to SDCC, I'll be slowly updating this MASSIVE database.

Man, I wish we still had thread tags to make instant searches much easier. I always used them...hell, I would have added more than two.

• Soundwavempl's MOTUC Visual Checklist (to compare with link below)
    • Soundwavempl's Vintage Era MOTU Visual Checklist (to compare with link above)

These two sites are down.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.