View Poll Results: Which era would you explore?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Present

4 21.05%
  • 100 Million years past

5 26.32%
  • 100 Million years future

10 52.63%

Thread: If you had a choice

If you had a choice

To spend 1 week exploring the world in the present, 100 million years in the past, or 100 million years in the future. Which would you choose?

Keep in mind that you are only exploring, and you cannot obtain information about the past and leave it for yourself (so no 1980s toy hording dreams), this is purely from a learning basis.

100 million years past as I have always been more interested in Prehistory then the future.

To me creature like Dinosaurs and the other forms of life that were around at that time and even the natural world that these creatures lived in is far more gripping and wonderful then imagining what the future could be like. Not to say that the future doesn't interest me, I would guess it interests 99% of the world's population because most people want to know where we are going and what we will have in the future.

But you people to choose and I would have to go with the past in this case, but only because of the time scale you said. If you asked would I rather go back 100 years or forward 100 years (as opposed to 100 million) in that case I would have to pick the future (I only want to go back to the distant past to see dinosaurs )
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I'd go 100 million years into the future just to see what we've evolved into....just hope the earth is still around when I get there. Always a risk that the sun burned out or turned into a black hole and sucked us in, or the aliens came and blew us up, or we had a mass extinction episode and cockroach people now rule the planet.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

don't worry about it, 100 million years is nothing to the sun, at best it would take 4.5 billion years for it to burn out tho it is also estimated it will become a red giant (which will call all life on earth) between 4 - 7 billion years as well. So either way the sun is gonna stay the way it is for at least 4 billion years so 100 million is totally fine
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    don't worry about it, 100 million years is nothing to the sun, at best it would take 4.5 billion years for it to burn out tho it is also estimated it will become a red giant (which will call all life on earth) between 4 - 7 billion years as well. So either way the sun is gonna stay the way it is for at least 4 billion years so 100 million is totally fine
    unless a giant alien race shows up with a big *** extinquisher and puts it out on us.......

I am completely undecided between the past and the future. Being able to see the earth in a time before people and pollution would be amazing. Not to mention the plants and animals that have long since become extinct. Seeing magnificent creatures in living, breathing reality would be amazing.

However 100 million years in the future would be just as exciting if not more, as I would get to see life beyond anything we haven't already made some pretty educated guesses about. Perhaps 100 million years from now, humans will no longer be the dominant species on the planet, although I cannot even begin to guess which native species would be. It would also be great to see if the Earth goes through any major climate or geological changes.

Future, I just want to know what will happened with our current agenda and our survival through greed and selfishness.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

This is a good question!

I honestly have no interest in visiting the future. I think it'd do more harm than good even if it is just exploring. The past would be fascinating (as i love nature) but 100 million years ago is a bit too far back and would be pretty boring, again even if for only a week. Therefore, i'd stick with the present. There's so much i haven't done in this life-time that i'd like to explore!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

The future looks kind of grim, frankly. I'd go past. Seeing dinosaurs would make whale watching seem rather dull