Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Bow Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Bow Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys! The Bow review is live! Enjoy!

And let me know if you have additional questions!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Fantastic! Thanks Dan!

"Right right, he's got a heart on his chest and is wearin too much gold!" LOL!

Also, was that Pre-Eternia He-Man you brought briefly into the shot there?? I thought that he wasnt due out for a while?
    Last edited by Starshine; January 23, 2011 at 10:40am.
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Always a pleasure, Dan!

I'm really looking forward to Bow.

Do you find that the loop for his quiver looks better without being hung over his head?

Oh, and nice Preternian He-Man cameo.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

great review! Bow is looking like one of the best figures of the line so far in my opinion. Amazing update on the character.

Not loving the string on the quiver though. He would've looked much better without it...especially since they were gluing the quiver to the back. It doesnt look right around his neck or just hanging out behind his head.

But he looks like one great figure. Love the new articulation and happy he got the new ankles.

Bow is one sexy looking figure.

Great review as always. Thanks for the showing the NA He-Man comparison. How easy is it to put the strap on the quiver around his head? it looks odd just up in the air like that.

With Bow and Eamon in the same video we'll get the ladies flocking to the org for sure now!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review Dan

Nice to see the new ankle joint being taken more and more into use - I wonder how many of the coming figures will have it (I'm fairly sure the ones we know about that are coming lack it - as it wasn't shown to clearly at SDCC or other places when they were announced - except for Vikor of course, which is the first figure with this).
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

One of your best reviews, Dan!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Great review! The comparison between vintage and Classics was just WOW! There is no comparison!

I'm a little miffed at his armor though. It looks like it's always going to smack him in the head. I wish it laid flat on his chest.

It was great that you showed us what NA He-Man could look like. Now I'm really excited to see that figure.

I've never been much of a fan of bow, especially not of the old toy but man, this new figure is amazing! Great review as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Always a pleasure, Dan!

I'm really looking forward to Bow.

Do you find that the loop for his quiver looks better without being hung over his head?

Oh, and nice Preternian He-Man cameo.
    Yeah, weird thing about that...I didn't think it looked right around his neck. I left it as he came, but realize that also looks odd. So I guess you can display it how you want. Maybe I'll play with it some more and see about getting some shots of him with the strap around his head and get them posted.

And yep! Preternia He-Man review is on the way! But Panthor is next!

(pssst...if you guys check my blog in my signature, I posted sneek peak pics the night I got the figures )

superbly awesome review dan! ...

whilst i will be getting a bow figure with my MOTUC subscription, i won't be keeping him and will actively looking to sell him ... nevertheless, i loved the review! ...

p.s. that filmation-style intro was awesome!!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

No one ever seems to mention this but dont those wrist guards match the NA He-mans too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    (pssst...if you guys check my blog in my signature, I posted sneek peak pics the night I got the figures )
    wow! the cosmic key looks freaking awesome! ...

i'm super excited for that one ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Nice review Dan! The only thing about Bow that I don't care for is how the armor sticks out like it does on the point. I assume the only way to fix that would be to hunch Bow over a bit more, right? Or I guess you could figure out a way to adjust and glue the armor in place?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    No one ever seems to mention this but dont those wrist guards match the NA He-mans too?
    NA He-Man only has a gauntler on his right arm, but it does look very similar!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Nice review Dan! The only thing about Bow that I don't care for is how the armor sticks out like it does on the point. I assume the only way to fix that would be to hunch Bow over a bit more, right?
    Hunch him over a bit, or maybe find a way to stick the armor to his chest. Perhaps sticky tack or something? It does set a little loose and is off of his chest a bit.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; January 23, 2011 at 11:21am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wooowww
    What an figure! Almost perfect done .... sadly to know that we have to find a solution on this quiver.

Although it looks unlikely, I don't want NA He-Man to have that close an outfit to Bow. They better give NA He-Man a new hair sculpt (at least).

Maybe NA He-Man will be the 2012 sub figure?

Edit: shouldn't the quiver string go around his neck?
    Last edited by He-Boy; January 23, 2011 at 11:37am.

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    I'm more excited than ever now to get Bow!

I wish all the figures crotch pieces had been done like Bow's. I've never truly been satisfied with the way the furry shorts have been handled thus far.
    This would have been perfect for Adora too! I hope that if/when we get a refresh on Adora, they consider "fixing" her diaper. That's 1 re-issue I would certainly drop another $20 on.

I am looking sooo forward to Bow.

At CC and in the toy advertisement the rope goes around the neck, so I am suprised it was packaged differently.

Is Preternia He-man coming shortly? Weird he has the old ankle piece since they could have used Vikors ankles..
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; January 23, 2011 at 11:42am.

Those wrist guards look so familiar, I thought it was NA He-man but maybe it was a diff figure. I'll have to look through my 80s figs and see.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Great review, Dan! Love that Filmation-esque opening credit!

Regarding the quiver strap and the armor, that's the one thing that has bothered me about the figure. The way the quiver strap sits, it looks odd and looks like it's literally choking Bow. If I can't find a way to make it look right, I may try to cut off the strap somehow. That, and the issue with the way the armor is sitting too. It should be a bit more flush against the chest. That sticky tack suggestion may be a great idea.

As I look at the figure more, I'm finding that I'm becoming more interested in the vintage head as opposed to the styleguide head. I think the headband makes a bit more sense, since he is a nobleman on Etheria. He just looks like he fits in a little bit better with it in the POP world. Can't wait to get my hands on this figure!

Another awesome review!!!

Thanks.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Love the new intro Dan . again a great review

Thanks Dan! Great review. I will use the younger head.