Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were the Heroic warriors allies before or after Adam became He-Man?

Were the Heroic warriors allies before or after Adam became He-Man?

As we all know Filmation never really went into Adam's background before he became He-Man, but in MYP, it was shown that Man-at-Arms, Stratos, Ram-Man and others were allies before Adam was even born. So in your personal canon, were the Heroic warriors allies before or after Adam became He-Man?

I prefer to think He-Man is what helps these different warriors band together and not just join the team.

I think that many were allied from the Great Unrest (Stratos, Ram Man, Mekaneck, etc.), but that after Adam became He-Man, their adventures added others to the group (Sy-Klone, Moss Man, Extendar, Snout Spout, Rio Blast, and Fisto-who I hope maintains much of his MYP story, barring the daddy thing.

It would be great if the Bios would cover more of this, but there are many more to come and many variations of characters to clear up further details in each's past.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

One of the aspects of the 200x storyline I thought was really cool was that the Heroic warriors were aligned with Randor prior to the appearance of Adam as He-Man. It gave a cool LOTR feel that the best warriors representing the free races of Ethernia banded together to thwart the threat of Keldor and his minions.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    In my canon the Heroic Warriors fought together during the Great Unrest but sort of disbanded after Keldor was presumed dead. They're still allies but they don't spend a significant amount of time together as there is no need.

That is of course, until the Horde Invasion and the first appearance of Skeletor. It's the Horde Invasion that really solidifies Randor's Alliance as it's the first time an extra planetary threat is established and the first time there's an actual need for a completely united front.

The Heroic Warriors have returned to a peaceful life by the time Skeletor reemerges and launches a massive attack on the Kingdom of Eternos. It's up to Man-At-Arms, his daughter Teela and Prince Adam, who's been assigned the position of Diplomatic Envoy, to bring the Heroic Warriors together again. Along the way they are aided by the mysterious He-Man.

He-Man, however, is not a member of the Heroic Warriors. He's more of a force of nature, a lone wolf that shows up when needed and then vanishes until the time comes that he's needed again.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think it was a mixed bag. We have yet to read Ram man's bio or Man-E-Faces bio which I think would reveal everything.

I think Ram man and Man-E-Faces were there with MAA and Randor. I think Mekaneck may have been there too. The rest came after He-man.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Speaking in terms of personal canon, I think that most of the "core" group of Heroic Warriors were already serving at the pleasure of Randor and Miro before him.

But it definitely would make sense that more people would come out of the woodwork to join the cause once Adam's He-Man came onto the scene.

Imagine such overwhelming forces, and even if you are a "Heroic Warrior" there'd be a fine line between being heroic and suicidal!

But with He-Man, they have the best fighting chance they've ever had, and they know that the fight is now or never for Eternia.

I think one of the big problems with the MOTU property is the lack of challenges the Heroic Warriors face. Most of their adventures seem to take place in the Light Hemisphere which either means Skeletor's forces are so dominant that the Dark Hemisphere is impenetrable or the Heroic Warriors are just lazy and don't feel like following Skeletor back to Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Speaking in terms of personal canon, I think that most of the "core" group of Heroic Warriors were already serving at the pleasure of Randor and Miro before him.

But it definitely would make sense that more people would come out of the woodwork to join the cause once Adam's He-Man came onto the scene.

Imagine such overwhelming forces, and even if you are a "Heroic Warrior" there'd be a fine line between being heroic and suicidal!

But with He-Man, they have the best fighting chance they've ever had, and they know that the fight is now or never for Eternia.
    This is exactly how I kind of viewed it. I think some were allies to the King and others rally to He-Man for the hope he inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    This is exactly how I kind of viewed it. I think some were allies to the King and others rally to He-Man for the hope he inspired.
    Exactly.

Or, maybe some others like Moss Man who fight evil on and off, but aren't always warring, come out of retirement, so to speak.

Good Ol' Mossy. Lol I kinda see him like Treebeard of the Ents taking his time deciding if he should help He-Man or not.

Good Ol' Mossy. Lol I kinda see him like Treebeard of the Ents taking his time deciding if he should help He-Man or not.

Although, I think Mossy would volunteer his help much more quickly than the Ents did, who only fought when it "got personal".

I like the idea of Moss-Man being the first line of defense for Castle Grayskull. There's a reason no one tries to get into the Castle and I think it's because they have to go through the Evergreen Forest first.

As a result, I see Moss-Man's first priority as defending the forest. Would he come out to play if the Heroic Warriors needed some help from the bench? Yes. But he'd choose his battles wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I think one of the big problems with the MOTU property is the lack of challenges the Heroic Warriors face. Most of their adventures seem to take place in the Light Hemisphere which either means Skeletor's forces are so dominant that the Dark Hemisphere is impenetrable or the Heroic Warriors are just lazy and don't feel like following Skeletor back to Snake Mountain.
    I think that will depends on the writing, but more so the imagination of the individual. I like to think certain warriors are powerful enough in their own right, that having He-Man around or not would not even matter. I see characters like Ram-Man, Man-at-Arms and Clamp champ as formidable fighters. Sy-Klone, Mekaneck, Buzz Off and Stratos were good warriors but may not be able hold there own against Skeletor's more powerful warriors like Evil-Lyn or Gygor.

In my canon 99% of the MYP/200x stuff does not appear. Hence there's no great Unrest, no Mystic Wall etc.
    Consequently, there was no need for the other Heroic Warriors to be allies before Adam/He-Man. They joined the fight one after another when the threat that is Skeletor became bigger and bigger.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    They joined the fight one after another when the threat that is Skeletor became bigger and bigger.
    So you might say He-Man is just as much a MotU collector as we are!

True!

In my canon 99% of the MYP/200x stuff does not appear. Hence there's no great Unrest, no Mystic Wall etc.
    Consequently, there was no need for the other Heroic Warriors to be allies before Adam/He-Man. They joined the fight one after another when the threat that is Skeletor became bigger and bigger.
    I'm with you except about the Great Unrest. It adds a layer to the story. But on everything else 200X I agree.

Have you guys actually written down your own canon or is it just some ideas in your heads? A couple of years ago I sat down and compiled the info that I consider "canon" from the original mini comics and the Filmation cartoons and tried to somehow merge the contradictory information together (similar to what the MOTUC bios are trying to do). It's a 11 page word document but still needs lot of extra work and revision. I'll have to add characters like Vikor etc

Have you guys actually written down your own canon or is it just some ideas in your heads? A couple of years ago I sat down and compiled the info that I consider "canon" from the original mini comics and the Filmation cartoons and tried to somehow merge the contradictory information together (similar to what the MOTUC bios are trying to do). It's a 11 page word document but still needs lot of extra work and revision. I'll have to add characters like Vikor etc
    I have, but more in a Time Line sense than an actual document. Maybe I'll get around to posting it one day.

That is a good idea. I have considered it, but as you stated new characters and bios may change it as the line continues. Along those lines though I have suggested, but is definitely a part of my canon, is that very protector of the sword contribute to He-Man's overall abilities and I'm not just talking about Flying Fists and stuff like that, but his skills with weapons and strength too.
    Last edited by kagamigod; January 25, 2011 at 01:20pm.

Along those lines though I have suggested, but is definitely a part of my canon, is that very protector of the sword contribute to He-Man's overall abilities and I'm not just talking about Flying Fists and stuff like that, but his skills with weapons and strength too.
    Now that is an awesome idea!

Now that is an awesome idea!
    Thank you. I will begin writing out my canon story tonight. Hopefully I can post it in the fan-fiction section soon and you can help critique it.

Would love to! Thank you!
    I can't post mine as it's not in English

I really like the idea that the sword adapts and absorbs the powers and skills of the warriors who have carried it before Adam He-Man. This is why he is the "most" powerful is because he has all the power of the He-Men before him. I really, really like this idea. It also helps explain the powers the sword adapts to the situation, such as Snake Armor or Ice Armor. That is part of my unofficial canon.

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't done my canon yet, but when I was younger one thing I always thought and this is cuz I got his toy first. I always thought Battle Armor He-Man was the first. So in my canon Adam uses the orb to turn into Battle Armor He-Man. He only turns into He-Man after he gets the Power Sword. But I'll get more into that later.