Thread: SDCC Preregistration Question:

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar

SDCC Preregistration Question:

Question Folks:

From what I've read, "preregistration" tickets go on sale tomorrow for the SDCC. In order to purchase these tickets, you have to have a special registration code which is generated 24 hours before tickets go on sale at 0900 Pacific time. The only way to have one of these codes is to have previously attended SDCC. Is it possible to also purchase tickets for those who have never gone? If this is the case, is there anyone out there that would get me two tickets when you preregister? I've been trying to go for the last three years and have never been able to go. PM if you'd be willing to hook a friend up and I'll give you my SDCC information.

Thanks a lot folks. Mods, if this isn't the appropriate section to ask this question, I apologize and move it so accordingly.

From what I read, you still need to register with the system, as the purchaser will need to add that information to the ticket later.

It is "randomized" this year too, so it should still be a clusterfrack.

If Wonder Con was not in April, I would be all over it - the pics from last year look awesome, and Disneyland is right there along with lots to do.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Whiplash, Stinkor, Trap-Jaw, Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Musician View Post
    Question Folks:

From what I've read, "preregistration" tickets go on sale tomorrow for the SDCC. In order to purchase these tickets, you have to have a special registration code which is generated 24 hours before tickets go on sale at 0900 Pacific time. The only way to have one of these codes is to have previously attended SDCC. Is it possible to also purchase tickets for those who have never gone? If this is the case, is there anyone out there that would get me two tickets when you preregister? I've been trying to go for the last three years and have never been able to go. PM if you'd be willing to hook a friend up and I'll give you my SDCC information.

Thanks a lot folks. Mods, if this isn't the appropriate section to ask this question, I apologize and move it so accordingly.
    Actually, during tomorrow's sale it won't be possible to register anyone who doesn't qualify for the sale (ie EVERYONE you're attempting to register has to have attended last year too). So I'm afraid even if you found someone with an open spot they still wouldn't be able to help during this particular sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grepicon View Post
    From what I read, you still need to register with the system, as the purchaser will need to add that information to the ticket later.

It is "randomized" this year too, so it should still be a clusterfrack.

If Wonder Con was not in April, I would be all over it - the pics from last year look awesome, and Disneyland is right there along with lots to do.
    I've really enjoyed Wondercon the past couple of years. While it isn't quite at the current SDCC level, it's just a notch or two down (which while I love SDCC is actually kinda nice in a way). Wondercon today is sorta at the level SDCC was 10 years ago. So if anyone is longing for that type of Con experience I highly recommend Wondercon.
    Classics won't feel complete unless ALL vintage MOTU POP & NA are included
    TOP 35 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/Hoove
    FILMATION: DreeElle/Imp/Montork/Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque
    MISC:Lodar/Veena/Miro/Delora/Hawke/OOLarr/Prahvus/Dare/EvilSeed