Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I don't think I will be collecting this line. Much like Ben 10, the show may (I hope) be fun to watch but I leave the toys to more invested fans.

A big fan of Slush Head

Bandai's Thundercats

Have you seen them? They look terrible.
    Here is a sneak peek:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ewhe1j.jpg
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I like the role-play sword (though I like the 80s version better), and will probably get it, but the rest I'm not too hot about.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Hm.. Seems they'll be using two styles at once, classic and restyle. Why can't we have that for MotU???
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Yeah the sword aint bad but I don't like the figs.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The figures look disappointing
    Erm... how can you tell? They're barely visible.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Check out the second picture in the original link. Besides simply having a retractable blade, it appears the hand guard on the Sword of Omens will fold up around the Eye of Thundera. That's a neat extra detail added to the toy sword.

I quite like the new character designs. Much better than I anticipated. I REALLY can't wait to get that Sword of Omens! I think it's a very cool update. I hope we get better pics of the figures soon.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a little confused...

so it's 2/3 inch AND 8 inch?

or is it 2/3 inch and 6 inch?

did a little searching for youtube info and found this .. fan made, but cool
    I'm surprised more people with talent don't remake the music in this quality. If WB won't put out an official sound track, this is our next best bet for music on the original series..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The figures look disappointing but the animation designs look like a very decent update. I will wait until further better pictures surface before making my final decision
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Erm... how can you tell? They're barely visible.
    I am guessing you stopped reading the entire sentence before pressing QUOTE so I put it in bold for you

A big fan of Slush Head
    The only thing that has caught my eye is this :

Is that a classic Lion-O? Will they be making 80s versions of the Thundercats as well?

Yes it is. It looks like they will be releasing 3 scaled lines. The 4 inch Modern line, the 15 inch deluxe Modern line and the 20 inch deluxe classic line.

I don't see where the logic is to release 3 different scales.

I like the look of the Thunder Tank. And I dont know for the life of me why people are saying the figures look rubbish, because you cant actually see anything. Of course, when better pictures come out those same people will still be condemning them.

Im glad that they seem to be doing a classic line, too. It seems that WB is really putting a lot of effort into Thundercats.

I'm excited. New toys and a new toon. My daughter will probably want everything - and that's a good enough excuse for me to go crazy on this line. Keeping my fingers crossed the classics are awesome and comparable to our MOTUC.
    END OF LINE

A big fan of Slush Head
    If they do a classic line I'll buy 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I'm a little confused...

so it's 2/3 inch AND 8 inch?

or is it 2/3 inch and 6 inch?
    From a response on the TCats forum:

The New York International Toy Fair is still a month away, but right now, across the water, there is plastic EVERYWHERE!!! Bandai has been showing off their Thundercats cartoon and classic action figures, and even though the room is riddled with NO PHOTOGRAPHY signs, some muppet went ahead and took crappy camera phone pictures anyway. Since we usually have a friend at the show reporting back to us on everything he saw, we don't feel guilty in describing what is shown in as great detail as is humanly possible...and with crappy camera phone pics omitted.

The core line for the new cartoon is clearly in a 3 and 3 quarter scale, matching what most other companies are releasing right now (so sad.) At the very least we'll be getting a little scale with the figures as Panthro towers over his team mates who all come up to his chest. We've also gotten word that the figures are fairly well articulated for their size and are packed with details that are sculpted rather than just painted on. Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro and Tygra were shown. The boards on the wall also mention that Mumm-Ra is in the new show. Make a note that the look of the new show, while true to the original designs and instantly recognisable as their classic counterparts, is a little more Anime that you're accustomed to, with Lion-O looking more like a teenager and Panthro now HUGE and bearing the scars of battle.

All hope is not lost as we've heard there are also deluxe versions on the way in a 5-6 inch scale. It makes more sense that these would be 6 inch, as 5 puts them too close to the 3 and 3 quarter figures they'll be releasing by the ton. While I grumble about the tiny scale, with small figures often comes vehicles and playsets and Bandai is on board with this thinking. The deluxe playset is a sort of tower rather than the classic Cat's Lair. The deluxe vehicle is the Thunder Tank and it includes one figure...SNARF!! I'm betting you can thank Amanda Burns for that addition. There is also a light cycle looking Thunder Bike that comes with Lion-O. We hear the bike actually fits inside the Thunder Tank. Looks like Batman has some competition. All figures are said to "link up" with the vehicles and playsets, probably to activate action features, sounds and lights that may be included. This is cleverly called "Thunder Lynx"! I applaud the dorkiness.

As for the classic cartoon, an 8 inch Collector line of action figures is on the way. The design is said to be loyal to the original show and the figure itself will remind you of Mattel's Masters of the Universe Classics line, where they maintain the look and feel of the original characters but update articulation and toy design for a sturdier, more modern action figure. This line starts with Lion-O, natch'. Why 8 inches, you may ask? This puts them in scale with the classic line, but sadly, out of scale with most everything else you own. Celebration time for TCats fans for sure, and tears for others...as that is the way of toy collecting.

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    I'm not big on the "ANIM :3" look they're going for. But I guess that's the price they were willing to pay in order to attract a younger audience.

The classic Cheetara looks like a strong, athletic woman. The new Cheetara looks like a frail, emaciated girl.

Moreover, why is she dressed like some adolescent fantasy? No woman outside of a chat line commercial wears a half-top with a plunging neckline and low-rise pants with cut-outs.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    While I'm not completely sold on the new ThunderCats, the ThunderCats classics action figures sound like a really cool idea! Great that they mentioned MOTUC! That means that they are on the right track!

Will the classic collector line be at retail?

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I admit I never really got in to Thundercats. I wanted to but it just never happen.
    I will keep an eye on this and see what happens.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks for posting that, I was wondering what kind of merchandise was going to come with the updated series. Thanks a bunch.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Awesome image Krueger!

This reminds me of what they did for MOTU in MYP. They "youngified" the main characters Adam and Teela and also animed them. I have no problem with it, just find it interesting that Thundercats seems to be going the same path as MOTU.

I hope it's a good show! I think they look neat.

Here's the pic Krueger posted for those of you at work.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah