Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

I actually like the new looks more than the old ones and if I ever see one I may get that 6 inch Lion-O toy

Now just to be clear I still like the original designs I just prefer the new ones, they appeal to the HYPER ANIME FAN in me
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Have I completely gotten my wires crossed then??

Why were these at the Four Horsemen stall at SDCC above the Battle Ram and Outer Space men?

Happy to be corrected here as I have been tweeting about how much I prefer these 4HM Thundercats!

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content...eros_LynxO.JPG
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    To my knowledge the 4HM were not involved with the Icon Heroes Thundercats "staction" line (but they did give thumbs up to using the term staction for them).

I remember there being a lot of talk in threads around here when that Lion-O statue was first revealed that it is NOT the 4HM doing them (though they are going for a similar look and feel). That is very much not the 4HM's work on that Lion-O.

If they've gotten involved since and if they are doing some of the items in the line, then I stand corrected to some extent.

But, just as the MOTU Battle Ram wasn't something "officially going into production", but rather something that they whipped up to gauge reaction, it is possible that if those items that you pictured were in their booth, those may have been sculpted by them for much of the same purpose. It doesn't mean that they are officially involved with the Thundercats staction or toy lines, they are just putting things out there. I could be wrong, maybe something has since changed. But the word early on was that they were not involved with the T-Cats 'staction line', and the initial sculpts shown as part of it was definately not theirs.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Yeah that Lion-O is NOT by the 4H, the company behind it said they were going to use the 4H work on the stactions as a guide and inspiration but sorry Eamon you are flat wrong on that

The 4H might have designed some TC stuff because they like to prototype a lot of their interest but the TC "stactions" are in no way their work. Even if you line Lion-O up with any MOTU Stactions you can see the Lion-O misses the tiny detailing that is present in a 4H sculpt

Now if they have come in later we will see but I mean look at the 4H Lion-O in the ship vs the Stactions, even in the hair you can see the sculpting difference
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Aw man, I had it in my head that these were by the 4HM. I just assumed as the TC stuff was on their stall and the musculature was very like the 4HM, expecially the arms. Why have them at their stall then?

And I just put the roughness on Lion-O down to a bad paint app like the King Randor staction and the fact that they are prototypes.

I stand corrected then.

I still prefer the look of them statues to the Bandai stuff though.
    www.eamonart.com

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I saw the Lion-O statue in person at the NYCC, and it was the first item Thundercats I EVER passed on. I believe it was retail at 55 dollars, and it looks like a lifeless zombie. (That being said he would be great for the walking dead figures!)

The only thing that worries me is the 2 figures per wave release, most toy lines get 3-4 waves tops. I was hoping they could fill out every single LJN figure and the Lunataks, that would be my definitive line, they are only 2 inchs or so larger then the LJN's, so you can still use your vintage playsets and stuff for displays (minus the Thundertank).

If we got a Jagara and a Captain Bragg I would loose my mind in the toy isle, go into a trance like state and start eating toys!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Aw man, I had it in my head that these were by the 4HM. I just assumed as the TC stuff was on their stall and the musculature was very like the 4HM, expecially the arms. Why have them at their stall then?

And I just put the roughness on Lion-O down to a bad paint app like the King Randor staction and the fact that they are prototypes.

I stand corrected then.

I still prefer the look of them statues to the Bandai stuff though.
    When I interviewed the guys from Icon Heroes at SDCC, I asked them to address the rumors that the 4H were behind the sculpting of those stactions, and the answer I got was a smiling "the sculptors behind the Thundercats stactions are the sculptors behind many of your favorite toylines, but, for certain reasons, wish to remain anonymous".
    So, you might not be too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I saw the Lion-O statue in person at the NYCC, and it was the first item Thundercats I EVER passed on. I believe it was retail at 55 dollars, and it looks like a lifeless zombie. (That being said he would be great for the walking dead figures!)

The only thing that worries me is the 2 figures per wave release, most toy lines get 3-4 waves tops. I was hoping they could fill out every single LJN figure and the Lunataks, that would be my definitive line, they are only 2 inchs or so larger then the LJN's, so you can still use your vintage playsets and stuff for displays (minus the Thundertank).

If we got a Jagara and a Captain Bragg I would loose my mind in the toy isle, go into a trance like state and start eating toys!
    I would not worry too much about it, Bandai tends to make toys LONG after a show had ended.

Look at Ben 10, Power Rangers and Dragonball. Most are in the double digits of waves. Even Hasbro does 4-6 waves of a big toy line per season of a show

And I know the new show is not classics but as long as the new show is running the classics should remain a priority to Bandai

Will we get fringe characters or ones not made? I guess the success of the first few waves determine that

As for the 4H issue, if they had a hand in that it's a shame they cannot take credit but I am pretty sure I saw an interview where Icon flat out denies 4H involvement
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The only thing that worries me is the 2 figures per wave release, most toy lines get 3-4 waves tops.
    Ah, the good old days. When the first wave was stock full of toys.

MOTU(8 figures, 2 vehicles, 1 beast, 1 play set)

Super Powers(12 figures, 1 mail-away figure, 3 vehicles, 1 playset)

Star Wars(12 figures, "I'm not sure about the number of vehicles or playsets")

Being a Thundercats fan who only had a few of the toys as a kid, I'd love to be able to get some vintage designed toys. I just don't want to be in my 40's before they release all of the main characters.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the pics.

Is it me or does Panthro have a tiny head?

Come think of it Lion-o's head looks a bit small

Not a big fan of kit and kat's faces. Though I wish I had their boards. or whatever thunderians call them.

I like those Classic figs! Just still trying to get used to the articulation (ie: the neck and crotch/upper thigh area)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

The only thing I'm waiting on is seeing a pic of He-Man next to Lion-O. Might be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The only thing I'm waiting on is seeing a pic of He-Man next to Lion-O. Might be a while.

My guess is puny!
    www.eamonart.com

I really like the new designs and figures. I was initially going to pass on the 6inch deluxe versions but there is something about them that has me interested.

My priority will be the Classic versions and if I see the others in store I will pick them up. I probably won't try and get them online.

I am hoping the show will be shown on Australia's Cartoon Network and we actually get the toys in stores.

come on,toys of mcdonald's happy meal are better than the new tcats(new desing) figures.

this Wilykit reminds me ...........

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well, mathematically speaking, MOTUC's will be about 75-80% as tall as those 8" Thundercats figures. So maybe like the difference between vintage MOTU and MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    come on,toys of mcdonald's happy meal are better than the new tcats(new desing) figures.
    I think I gotta agree with you there.
    Though I confess, I actually think Wiley Kit looks the nicest out of that lot.

Definitely looking forward to the cartoon though. There's not enough stuff with swords and shorts in on TV these days.
    www.eamonart.com

thanks for the pics SCB

After having a good look at them I stand by what I said earlier. I actually prefer the new looks to the old ones.

I have no interest in new toys but I'm very, very excited about the new show.
    especially because I see these pictures and remind me motu especially 200x.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Definitely looking forward to the cartoon though. There's not enough stuff with swords and shorts in on TV these days.
    Agree. I kind of hate the new cartoon toys, but think the show itself looks great.

I kind of like the classics, I just wish they were sculpted a little better and weren't the usual "Bandai shiny".

I am the same way, I like the look and feel of the toon. I don't like the new toys, the classic line I don't hate but cost and frequency of figures coming out will affect what I buy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Wily Kit and Kat remind me of characters from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

It's the 80's all over again. Thundercats can't seem to do anything original.

To me Thundercats will alway be a lesser quality carbon copy of MOTU but with spandex instead of fur. Gimme fur over spandex any day!

That is just my opinion only now! I appreciate TC fans may feel differently.
    www.eamonart.com

Wow those screenshots of the new show look fantastic. I am even more excited to see this now