Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    The Classics however are AMAZING!!!
    I would be inclined to agree.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Jonwes. You're repaint looks AWESOME. Now I have to buy one and do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    The repaints looks much better, still a very sparse playset but it looks much less cheap with that paint job
    Thanks guys! I'll post nicer pics when it's done. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. After having seen the actual tower and realizing there actually wasn't much more to it I like it better. And after painting it I think it'll be a nice display piece... but to be honest I'd rather everything had been more toon accurate and connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Actually, that's from Thundercats! It's supposed to come with a tiny Mumm-Ra mummy that is probably somewhere in a box in my Dad's house still; I couldn't find it. Anyway, you put Mumm-Ra in the back and turn this dial on the top and he spins with the base inside to be revealed in the front. I loved it when I was a kid! Glad it was still around, though it's obviously beat to heck.
    Oh duh! No wonder! LOL. I never had that toy as a kid but I remembered wanting it.

Correct but that was also before the toys were released and no one posted in it for months. Now that the toys are released we can have a new thread.
    There were a lot of good posts in the old Thundercats threads so they shouldn't have been lost to the ages

I actually didn't even know you had made the new threads when you made the suggestion in the Thundercat 2011 thread to have seperate threads for the toys and cartoon. I stumbled over the old Thundercats toy thread a few months back while searching for a post I made.

I liked having everything in the one thread

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Okay, this isn't exactly a "toy", but since it's T-Cats merchandise related, I figured it would make sense here.

My wife and I were at our local Borders store tonight to see what they had left with going out of business and all. I ended up buying a hard cover Star Wars book (marked down to $20 from $50).

As I was standing in line to check out, I found this just randomly sitting on some shelf up near the check out line. I grabbed it, and it ended up only being $3!...

It's pretty cool!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 3, 2011 at 02:24pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

went to get more tape to mail the million packages i have to mail today, and while there, found 4" Panthro. Never seen him in this scale, but he's mine!
    they also had kit and kat, but i'll wait for POSEABLE 6" scale ones.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well I decided to pick up some of the figures today despite my doubts for Bandai's support of the series.

Classics Lion-O - This figure is actually pretty cool. He is not as detailed as the MOTUC or even the DCU figures, but the posseability and sculpt is great. His accessories rock, but the holder peg to keep his glove holstered cannot stay on for anything, making its purpose pointless. I do not like how there is no paint on the feet and hand joints either, but that is something minor. Overall, his poses are incredible and his accessory count is pretty impressive.

Classics Tygra - Unfortunately, this figure has the same flaws as Lion-O has, along with two more flaws, a bobble head and no abdomen crunch. It really ruins what is a great cartoon accurate sculpt and his accessories are seriously lacking. However, it is still a great figure, just not as good as Lion-O.

I just hope Bandai releases the rest of the cast in Classics form, otherswise I am going to be very disappointed. Anyway, onto the new stuff:

4 inch Lion-O - TRU had both the 4inch and 6inch Lion-O, and of course, I had the intention of getting the 6inch one, but comparing the two, the 6inch one sucks. His face was glossy and was just plain out flat. There were no details on it at all and even the eyes looked dead. The 4inch one lacks the articulation but the figure itself is far superior in the detail department. Unfortunately, his sword is extremely bent in the package, which blows. On the other hand, he does have a lot more articulation than I was expecting, and like I said, the head details are very well done. I am impressed with this figure, but it is a shame they did not put any care into the 6inch one.

4 inch Mummy Mumm-Ra - This is a figure that is not great for its posseability, but is great because it is just Mumm-Ra's mummy form. His cloak is a soft red plastic and his face details are nice. There is not too much to talk about here, other than he is great because he has the terrifying feel of Mumm-Ra.

6 inch Mumm-Ra - Unfortunately the 4inch one was not there or I probably would have gone with that version given he has his wings, but this figure is pretty down right awesome. In fact, this is my favorite of the five I picked up today. The articulation is great outside of no abdomen crunch, but the lack of wings do hurt it. Still, the detail is nice and his sword is actually two swords like the 80s Mumm-Ra had. I still want to look at the 4inch one down the road, but I might just stick with this one.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; September 3, 2011 at 11:41pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

My Tower of Omens repaint is done! Everything is painted up now. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I took some liberties from the cartoon because the sculpt isn't totally toon accurate either.

Larger here

Last edited by JonWes; September 4, 2011 at 03:47pm.

JonWes that is awesome!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Amazing, I was planning to do the same thing! Im waiting for a coupon or prices to drop first before I cannibalize a 40 dollar toy. The original looks aweful.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

after a dozen stores today, SUCCESS!! i have the 6" Panthro! so, i'm caught up with all i WANT. i am only going to pursue the 6" line.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

it looks SO much better! not at all like a dollar store item now!
    I still don't think it's a good playset, but with your repaint job it's a great diorama set for sure.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Thanks guys. Glad you're liking the re-painted Tower of Omens. I think it'll be a very nice diorama piece now.

great job jonwes!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I guess this goes under "toys" but it's actually more of a collector's piece...

ThunderCon Exclusive “Retro Colors” Mumm-Ra Staction Figure!

I may have to get that mumm ra.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Oh wow I was just going to buy the SDCC one but I am going to get this one instead!

For those looking Toys R Us got Grune 4" back in stock, he is not listed when you search for Thundercats

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...prodFindSrc=rv
    Last edited by markatisu; September 8, 2011 at 08:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Thanks to Mark, my Thundercats collection is now complete!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

great job jonwes!
    Thanks KK!

About that Mumm-Ra staction. It's very nice! Almost makes me wish I had gotten into those.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Oh wow I was just going to buy the SDCC one but I am going to get this one instead!

For those looking Toys R Us got Grune 4" back in stock, he is not listed when you search for Thundercats

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...prodFindSrc=rv
    Thanks Mark!!

With Grune, I've got all of the figures I wanted from the first wave.

These figures are definitely "HOT!" I have a friend who works at Walmart and he says they can't even keep them in stock for 24 hrs. My cousin works at TRU and she says that all the basic 4 in figures fly off the shelves in hours. She tried saving me a Grune last week but somebody found it and put it back out on the floor.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I guess this goes under "toys" but it's actually more of a collector's piece...

ThunderCon Exclusive “Retro Colors” Mumm-Ra Staction Figure!

http://www.thundercatsnow.com/wp-con...o-1024x341.jpg
    Interesting.

But if I were going to get this 'staction' of Mumm-Ra, I'd probably go for the regular/cartoon colors edition. It just looks more right to me. Somehow the toy colors on an otherwise cartoon-based design of Mumm-Ra just don't quite look right.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Thanks Mark!!
    I am glad I could help some orgers out, this dude is super hard to get

These figures are definitely "HOT!" I have a friend who works at Walmart and he says they can't even keep them in stock for 24 hrs. My cousin works at TRU and she says that all the basic 4 in figures fly off the shelves in hours. She tried saving me a Grune last week but somebody found it and put it back out on the floor.
    Yup I have seen it, the 6" Deluxe don't move at most of the stores I visit and the Classics move at some stores and not others. But the 4" is hot as hell, even the Mummy Mumm-Ra and Lion-O's that are overpacked are now moving.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Damn that's quite the amount of ThunderCats stuff there. Are they really moving that much of it or is it sitting there?
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    What kind of store is that SCB? I would guess Walmart, but I've never seen any Walmart that had a display for figures in the aisles.

Well, whatever store that is it looks as if it has the same cotton pickin' peg warming problems that all of my stores have =/