Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Wow those are great pics, old grune weapons look really good in the new Grune hands!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Finally found Wily-Kit & Wily-Kat at a TRU here in Philly. Now just gotta track down Cheetara and Panthro!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    scored my classics today. slight wonky eye on tygra. but apart from that all good on both.
    What you do is buy another one when you come across it, switch them out, and then return the bad paint job one to the store as defective.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Wow those are great pics, old grune weapons look really good in the new Grune hands!
    Thanks! Yeah, they looked so good I think I'm just gona let new Grune keep 'em! I mean...you can see from the pic that old Grune has seen better days, and honestly I was never that big a fan of the original Thundercats, so I doubt I'm ever going to display the poor guy...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

So what was unveiled Thundercats wise this past weekend? I need to know they are releasing the remaining cast in 6inch scale.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So what was unveiled Thundercats wise this past weekend? I need to know they are releasing the remaining cast in 6inch scale.
    There were no toy reveals at Thundercon.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    There were no toy reveals at Thundercon.
    Well that is kinda lame. But then again, I guess that is Bandai for you. I wouldn't be surprised if they do not reveal new figures until SDCC, and only a quarter of their reveals come out.

Got my short Panthro this weekend, we have a full display in that size now. Now if we could just get the classics.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well that is kinda lame. But then again, I guess that is Bandai for you. I wouldn't be surprised if they do not reveal new figures until SDCC, and only a quarter of their reveals come out.
    They will do them again at Toy Fair in NY Feb/March of 2012. They kinda have to in order to get retailers to buy the upcoming figures. They don't really have a choice
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

That is stupid. Are you saying we are not going to have any new figures for the next 10 months?

That is stupid. Are you saying we are not going to have any new figures for the next 10 months?
    No there will be another wave near Christmas, that is one they sold at the same time at last years Toy Fair to stores.

But the really big next lineup will be shown at Toy Fair in NY. That is how the industry works dude, if you don't like it take it up with the major toy manufacturers

And remember once a toy line is sold the turnaround is faster, which means figures shown in Toy Fair for an already existing line will be out in 2-3 months from reveal, not 1/2-1 year later like when a line is first taking off.

People keep forgetting the Thundercats line was NOT scheduled to be in stores till late Oct-Christmas. We are riding off 2 1/2 months of toys we were never supposed to have.

Now yes that is a bonehead move on retailers parts but that is what the order was, that is how when the retailers told Bandai they wanted their product.

So technically as far as paperwork and plans are concerned we would only be waiting 2-3 months.

No there will be another wave near Christmas, that is one they sold at the same time at last years Toy Fair to stores.

But the really big next lineup will be shown at Toy Fair in NY. That is how the industry works dude, if you don't like it take it up with the major toy manufacturers
    Mattel and Hasbro do reveals all year long. If the 2 biggest toy companies do it than you can hardly say that it's how the industry works. Bandai just isn't used to the "collector market" and the demands of it. We're spoiled.

Now yes that is a bonehead move on retailers parts but that is what the order was, that is how when the retailers told Bandai they wanted their product.

My TRU just did a reset and moved all the TC stuff over to the "anime" isle instead of the section it had right next to the Marvel / DC stuff. I hope that this doesn't hurt sales. I literally had a difficult time just trying to find the figures.
    Last edited by Bonehead; September 28, 2011 at 11:53pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Mattel and Hasbro do reveals all year long. If the 2 biggest toy companies do it than you can hardly say that it's how the industry works. Bandai just isn't used to the "collector market" and the demands of it. We're spoiled.
    Yes we are spoiled, Bandai is losing out on money by treating this like any of their disposable toy lines they have had over the years imho.

I can easily say that is how the industry works, just because a handful of toy lines get big reveals does not equal the entire toy industry.

Hasbro and Mattel attend their own conventions as well as SDCC. And that only holds true for bigger lines, we find out about smaller toy lines through their offerings in Previews and direct offerings to retailers with Toy Fair being the "showcase" of sorts to get a retail chain to commit to buying product throughout the year.

Bandai has never had to do that before, it is going to take them 1 year or so to learn that they are now in big boy collectors territory

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Thundercats finally arrived at my wal-mart two weeks ago. All figures of the primary Thundercats and Mumm-Ra. No Grune from what I could see. Then a stack of Thunder Tanks and a number of "role play" Sword of Omens.

I'm lucky to just have those in my area wal-mart. Thing is, they are still trying to get rid of their stock of Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern toys from spring and, if that isn't bad enough, only two or three DC U Classics still hanging around, with at least one that has been there since autumn of 2010.

I'm disappointed that there are ZERO 6 inch Thundercats figures and ZERO Thundercats classics figures. I was hoping to get the classics Lion-O.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I finally saw some in walmart yesterday(I can rarely get of of town thanks to being disabled) all I saw was Lion-o,Tyrga and Mumm-ra(no Kit sadly) and I was amazed how small they were they could ride on the original's shoulders lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Original Series Cats Lair Diorama by Icon Heroes

It's being displayed at the Action Figure Xpress booth during the New York Comic Con. We saw it at SDCC this past summer, but it wasn't painted yet.

Looks pretty awesome!

I can just imagine the price of Cat's Lair when it comes out. $300 or more, I suppose.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Bah! Bumped thread but nothing of significance

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I can just imagine the price of Cat's Lair when it comes out. $300 or more, I suppose.
    Depends what its made out of, the Icon Heroes stuff is now PVC which reduces the cost drastically over the original resin pieces

I would say given the scale its going to be somewhere between $125-200 max and would not be surprised if it comes in around $100

I'm finally up to date on all the 4" figures. Found Cheetara and Panthro a couple days ago. It's about time!

The Cat's Lair Diorama is pretty cool but how large is it?

Heroic Warrior

classic figures

I opened (finally) my Classic Tygra a few minutes ago.

I could ramble on what I like and don't like but two things stick out:
    1:the head/neck. I don't like it. only up and down? and it's ugly looking
    2:Bending at the waist is a nice feature. I wish Masters Classics had it instead of the abcrunch.

Overall I'm borderline about the Classic Tygra figure.

Why is it that I'm just not that interested in owning the basic Mumm-Ra figure?? Could it be that the only Sword of Plundarr accessory that he comes with is the little short sword version??

I guess I'd rather have a big, bad ass transformed Mumm-Ra in my collection.

I also haven't been very quick to get Panthro either. Only reason why the Thunder Tank isn't in my collection is because I'm currently using my money wisely(love that economy) but I'd love to have the freaking Snarf.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Good Bye to 8 inch ThunderCats line!

Looks like Bandai will be cancelling the 8 inch ThunderCats Classics line. Instead they will be going ahead and redo the line in a 6 inch format. I just hope the figures are nicer than the 8 inch ones.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Well, all we have to go on is a BBTS order page, right? I haven't seen anything about anything being cancelled.

Some other new stuff listed:

Thundercats 2011 12" Armor of Omens Exoskeleton Figure

Deluxe Series 2:
    1x Lion-O (Wave 1)
    1x Panthro (Wave 2)
    1x Slithe (Wave 2)

New 4'' Figures:
    2x Mumm-Ra Transformed (Wave 2)
    3x Lion-O Version 2 - New Gauntlet & Battle Damage (Wave 2)
    2x Panthro Version 2 (Wave 2)
    1x Claudus (Wave 2)
    2x Cheetara (Wave 2) Not sure what's new about her...
    2x Tygra (Wave 2)

Stylized Figures:
    Collect all your favorite characters from both the 1980s animated cartoon at the all NEW ThunderCats show as seen on Cartoon Network
    - Stylized/”Super Deformed” figures from new and classic show
    - Diorama Style Packaging
    The 2011 ThunderCats Collectible set includes: Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Mumm-Ra and Slithe
    Last edited by JonWes; October 20, 2011 at 05:30pm.