Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    ToyNewsI mentions that the 8" classics are being dropped and new classics will be released in 6" scale:

ToyNewsI news
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

It could be, but all they are doing is looking at the BBTS listings (never known to be the most accurate early on because they rush to get new things listed ASAP) and making an assumption.

Mind you, it does seem odd they'd continue both an 8'' and 6'' line... but man I"m totally annoyed if I spent money on these two figures that end up being one-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It could be, but all they are doing is looking at the BBTS listings (never known to be the most accurate early on because they rush to get new things listed ASAP) and making an assumption.

Mind you, it does seem odd they'd continue both an 8'' and 6'' line... but man I"m totally annoyed if I spent money on these two figures that end up being one-offs.
    If I had to guess its because retailers don't want 3 lines in the store. Given how fast and in what volume the Thundercats toys are selling they would have an easier time accommodating 2 lines on the store shelves.

Remember the Classics was always a "test", the Bandai reps even told us we would have to see how they sell before committing to the rest. If the 6" switch is the future of that line then they saw they were selling more 6" then 8" figures overall so why spend the extra money.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

*twitch* Alright...so here I was on the fence about getting the 8 inch guy, and then I finally decided to get him and BAM. They cancel it and go with what I would have wanted in the first place. Oh well...at least this way I'd consider getting more classic guys. I was just gona leave it at Lion-O in an 8 inch scale. Guess I'll sell off the 8 inch one...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    ToyNewsI mentions that the 8" classics are being dropped and new classics will be released in 6" scale:

ToyNewsI news
    that's pretty cool news
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    - 6" Classic Collector Figure Series 01 - Set of Lion-O & Mumm-Ra - (It would seem Bandai has been listening to fans and decided to scrap the 8" line of classic figures and start over in the 6" scale)

- 12" Armor of Omens Exoskeleton Figure (New Series) - Worn only by those who have mastered the Sword of Omens, the Armor of Omens is a powerful weapon that can resist deadly attacks. Includes 12" Exoskeleton Figure and semi-articulated 4" Figure of Lion-O.

- Thundercats 2011 Stylized Figure 6-Pack - Eye of Thundera - Stylized/”Super Deformed” figures from new and classic show

- 6" Collector Figure Series 02 (New Series) - Cheetara

- 4" Figure Series 02 (New Series) - Claudus, Mumm-Ra Transformed, Lion-O Version 2 - New Gauntlet & Battle Damage Panthro

- Deluxe Figure Series 02 (New Series) - Panthro & Slithe
    Awesome! I held off from getting 8" until Wave 2 was announced and now they are making the scale smaller. Wonderful!

• Paint the joints
    • Get rid of the shiny plastic
    • Add some paint washes, but don't overdo it
    • Give everyone torso articulation

Cool...we're getting a Slithe and a Claudus! I hope the deluxe Panthro is the younger one.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Gotta laugh at the lazy reporting at TNI. They simply took the info from a post on our forum, http://www.thundercatslair.org/forum...7025#post57025 instead of checking BBTS for themselves

I can tell since they missed off Tygra in the 6" Collector series, like Mannyscollectibles mistakenly did on his original post.

As for the change to 6" scale on the classics line, we don't have any confirmation and it's all just speculation right now based on BBTS listings.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Gotta laugh at the lazy reporting at TNI. They simply took the info from a post on our forum, http://www.thundercatslair.org/forum...7025#post57025 instead of checking BBTS for themselves

I can tell since they missed off Tygra in the 6" Collector series, like Mannyscollectibles mistakenly did on his original post.

As for the change to 6" scale on the classics line, we don't have any confirmation and it's all just speculation right now based on BBTS listings.
    We should be seeing pics soon to confirm or not, normally it hits BBTS right before it hits Entertainment Earth and Previews Magazine (which usually includes pics from Bandai).

It will be fun to see how Claudus looks, you have Panthro in the main 4" line and then Grune in the 4" Deluxe and Claudus is about the same size
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    We should be seeing pics soon to confirm or not, normally it hits BBTS right before it hits Entertainment Earth and Previews Magazine (which usually includes pics from Bandai).

It will be fun to see how Claudus looks, you have Panthro in the main 4" line and then Grune in the 4" Deluxe and Claudus is about the same size
    I've sent my contact who is handling Bandai's PR an email. Hopefully any pics will be sent out to all the news sites soon!
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I've sent my contact who is handling Bandai's PR an email. Hopefully any pics will be sent out to all the news sites soon!
    Awesome, can't wait to see how they look. I need new toys to buy

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    The move to 6" on the Classics line is the best freaking news ever!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I hope that is a mistake, becaues that is just ****ed up. Most of all, because they waited until the 30 days I could return the figures was up. If it is true, I'm blaming the selfish nerds who whined because they couldn't have their precious Lion-O next to their precious He-Man. I knew buying Thundercats toys was a bad investment.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; October 21, 2011 at 12:17am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, all we have to go on is a BBTS order page, right? I haven't seen anything about anything being cancelled.

Some other new stuff listed:

Thundercats 2011 12" Armor of Omens Exoskeleton Figure

Deluxe Series 2:
    1x Lion-O (Wave 1)
    1x Panthro (Wave 2)
    1x Slithe (Wave 2)

12'' ?!

New 4'' Figures:
    2x Mumm-Ra Transformed (Wave 2)
    3x Lion-O Version 2 - New Gauntlet & Battle Damage (Wave 2)
    2x Panthro Version 2 (Wave 2)
    1x Claudus (Wave 2)
    2x Cheetara (Wave 2) Not sure what's new about her...
    2x Tygra (Wave 2)
    Claudus sounds like a must have, just because.

Stylized Figures:
    Collect all your favorite characters from both the 1980s animated cartoon at the all NEW ThunderCats show as seen on Cartoon Network
    - Stylized/”Super Deformed” figures from new and classic show
    - Diorama Style Packaging
    The 2011 ThunderCats Collectible set includes: Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Mumm-Ra and Slithe

???? "Super Deformed" from the classic and the new show?!

Huh?!

And, as for the TCats Classics line supposedly being canceled, I honestly wouldn't be surprised considering I haven't seen them in local stores and only ONE of my local stores has TCats at all. So, how many other stores don't have either TCats or the classics across the country by now??

And, instead making a 6 '' line might sound cool, but maybe bring the price down a tad?? Why do 6 '' figures HAVE to be almost $20 nowadays?! I can remember a time when 6 '' figures, from any toy company, was within the $7 to $10 range.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I hope that is a mistake, becaues that is just ****ed up. Most of all, because they waited until the 30 days I coudl return the figures was up. I knew buying Thundercats toys was a bad investment.
    If you're in the U.S., return them to Walmart without a receipt. You'll get store credit back, but better than nothing if the 8" line is truly over.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    If you're in the U.S., return them to Walmart without a receipt. You'll get store credit back, but better than nothing if the 8" line is truly over.
    My Walmarts do not sell the figures, so I cannot return them to them. Besides, I just threw out their boxes 2 days ago because I ran past the 30 day return policy.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I was waiting to get the 8" figures until they came out in UK stores in Dec, but now I'm not sure weather to get them or just get the 6" ones instead, think I'll wait until we get some clarification on this information and pictures.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    12'' ?!

Yeah. Those final form versions of Lion-O and Mumm-Ra were huge, if you recall. 12" is probably in scale with the 4" figures.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I hope that is a mistake, becaues that is just ****ed up. Most of all, because they waited until the 30 days I could return the figures was up. If it is true, I'm blaming the selfish nerds who whined because they couldn't have their precious Lion-O next to their precious He-Man. I knew buying Thundercats toys was a bad investment.
    Why would you blame them? 6" is still out of scale with MOTUC. If they have to do it at a new scale I WISH they would do 7" but I still prefer 6" to those giant 8" figures. I saw them again at a comic shop last week and they just are too big IMO. Something about them just kind of looks cheap too and that scale really exaggerates it.

I'd be interested in starting this up. Has the 6" line already had releases or is it just speculation at this point?
    On Twitter @DualHares

Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    I'd be interested in starting this up. Has the 6" line already had releases or is it just speculation at this point?
    No releases or pics, yet. Just a listing on BBTS.
    I'm pretty sure that someone also heard about this change from a Bandai source a few days ago. But I could be wrong about that.

Movie mayhem!
    I hope they've actually listening to the crits on the other line and improve this next one. There is SOOO much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Why would you blame them? 6" is still out of scale with MOTUC. If they have to do it at a new scale I WISH they would do 7" but I still prefer 6" to those giant 8" figures.
    Well, if the follow the MOTUC/Toy Guru philosophy, "6" figures" are not necessarily 6" tall. According to them, it just means 1"=1'. MOTUC are listed as 6" figures by Mattel all over the place, too.
    So who knows?

Latest info I have is the new wave is out Spring 2012. So I'm guessing they will release more details at either London or New York Toyfair.

Latest info I have is the new wave is out Spring 2012. So I'm guessing they will release more details at either London or New York Toyfair.
    I would not be surprised if the toys ship early, launch was moved up 2 months according to my retail sources. Plus for toys the seasons and quarters are not the same as we see them (they can be fiscal which means your year ends in March or June for some companies)

Will be interesting though to see what they have for Toy Fair!!

So does that mean Bandai will still continue with the roll out to the International destinations of the initial releases?

It almost seems pointless to sell us the 8 inch figures next year if it has aready been cancelled.

However, I am very happy with the Classics becoming 6 inch. They will be smaller than MOTUC and therefore will probably fit in nicely. I won't be waiting for Bandai to finally release them here. I will find someone in the US to pick them up for me.

Any takers?