Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2129

Thread: Official ThunderCats 2011 Toys Discussion Thread

My TRU has marked down everything on clearance and according to a few known TRU employees, it appears that the line has been discontinued at TRU. It's no longer available to order from the distribution center.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Did ThunderCats officially flop at retail? The only guys who carried Wave 2 of anything was Walmart.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hopefully they do a new 7 inch Classics line with Lion-O and Panthro.

Heroic Warrior
    Why they don`t start a new 9 inch line?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    My TRU has marked down everything on clearance and according to a few known TRU employees, it appears that the line has been discontinued at TRU. It's no longer available to order from the distribution center.
    Uh-oh. That's not a good sign.

My Wal-Marts have all of the 6" figures on clearance. I'll have to see if my TRU has them on clearance as well.

I still need to get a Claudus and a Storm Charger! I hope I can find them before the line completely disappears.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hm. Odd. The TRU near me has 'em on sale but there aren't any clearences. Wal-Mart has wave 2, like others have said, and Target is regularly stocking current versions of wave 1 and new 6 inch guys. They don't seem to be doing badly around here.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Why they don`t start a new 9 inch line?

That will be for the Classics relaunch when the 7 inch line is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    That will be for the Classics relaunch when the 7 inch line is cancelled.
    LOL I would not be shocked at this point if they did something like that. Bandai at the moment is treating this line in ways I have never seen, I mean Ben 10 and Power Rangers are their standards and this is being done in such a different fashion.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Mumm-Ra (wings), Panthro (arms) and Lion-O (armor) were the only ones that received upgrades. Claudus was a new figure and the rest are just repacks
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I have noticed that the face paint on Tygra and Cheetara in the new assortment are different than the first release.
    I knew Tygra's face was different, but I didn't realize Cheetara was different as well.

I can't believe this line went from being so popular that Bandai couldn't make enough for the stores to dead in a few months. There goes any hope of seeing Silverhawks or Tigersharks in the line.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 28, 2012 at 02:43am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I need wave 2 of the 6 and 4 inch figures still.... I knew not to collect this line....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I can only speak for Canadian sales, but the figures aren't on clearance at TRU here, BUT they don't seem to move anymore either. when they first came out, adult collectors ate them up, Kids haven't a clue about them the cartoon doesn't air here yet as far as I know, which leads me to a rant, how the hell do these lines expect to do well in all markets when the show that supports them doesn't air until long after the toys hit the shelves? I mean it was said that TRU released them here by mistake, fine, but in this day and age, adult fans and collectors don't want to wait, so they download the episodes and order the toys online, so when it hits retail you have to rely on the kid market, which isn't being supported by the dang toon! UGH! I hate how entertainment businesses are run in Canada.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I haven't seen any of the new 4" figures at retail. I've been checking Wal-Mart, Meijer, and Toys R Us quite a bit (with Target on occasion), and haven't seen anything. Toys R Us did have the Armor of Omens, which I have no interest in. And I got and have repeatedly seen the 6" Classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra.

I hope I can find Claudius, Slithe, and the other newer 4" figures before this vanishes.

Oh, and after seeing Bonehead's post yesterday about the figures being on clearance at TRU, I checked their website, and they seem to be marked down on there as well. The only thing that seemed to be full price was the armor of omens.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I can only speak for Canadian sales, but the figures aren't on clearance at TRU here, BUT they don't seem to move anymore either. when they first came out, adult collectors ate them up, Kids haven't a clue about them the cartoon doesn't air here yet as far as I know, which leads me to a rant, how the hell do these lines expect to do well in all markets when the show that supports them doesn't air until long after the toys hit the shelves? I mean it was said that TRU released them here by mistake, fine, but in this day and age, adult fans and collectors don't want to wait, so they download the episodes and order the toys online, so when it hits retail you have to rely on the kid market, which isn't being supported by the dang toon! UGH! I hate how entertainment businesses are run in Canada.

The official roll out for Canada (and I beleive some other foreign markets) is August. That`s when the show will be on TV and the figures will come out.
    But given some of the doom in this thread I`m worried about that even happening.

(As you mentioned Bandai did a licencing agreement that means that the toys we have now slipped out early, almost by mistake, before the licencing agreement was signed.)

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I hope I can find Claudius, Slithe, and the other newer 4" figures before this vanishes.
    Keep checking Amazon, they sometimes get Claudus in for cost.

I went shopping today, and yep, ToysRUs is no longer carrying the Thundercats brand of anything. Girl I talked to said it was a huge failure in terms of sales because only a few figures would sell every time. (Im assuming she ment the kids, cheetara and panthro). Both targets near me only have the classics and are FULL of them on clearance. Walmart had everything removed and put in clearance where its been.

Cant even blame thundercats as the show is fantastic.

The hiatus took FOREVER. The show and toys shoulda been pumping at christmas. They didnt ship anything and the show was off the air.

Bandai packed 900000000 Mumm-Ra, Lion-o and Tygras. No one could find anyone else, and the playsets were garbage. I seriously hate my tower of omens, its one of the weakest toys ever.

The classics assortment was a clusterfudge. 2 figures per wave? So that woulda been 4 figures a year....? Hellen Keller could see that you need more than 2 figures to support a line.

We had 2 inch minis, 4 inch bassic, 6 inch classic, 8 inch classic, 12 inch Mezco......... (see what im getting at?) There was nothing wrong with the 8 inch figures. People complained cause they werent standard size blah blah blah so they shrunk em and we have 4 random figures now lol.

Im sorry guys, I hate to be the glass half empty guy, but anyone who says this line is gunna keep going is drinking their own kool-aid. If ALL stores that carry toys wont carry this line, it can NOT continue. Bandai doesnt need Thundercats, power rangers and ben10 are juggernauts, so they wont do a mattycollector deal for the thundercats fans, its not realistic.

It was a nightmare and a half collecting this line. Was it worth it? For me yes. Thundercats is my main passion in the world of entertainment and cartoons so it was nice to at least get a taste of 30 years ago one more time. My grandmother got to buy me a new Lion-O one more time from a toystore (its kinda our show since I was a kid, insert awww moment) and I couldnt ask for more than that.

People forget bandai did the SAME thing with Avatar. HUGE show in terms of fan base, and toy line sank after 2 waves. We didnt get females or playsets either. Hopefully if WB is smart they will licence the cats over to someone else and fast. Not mattel I hope, id rather have nothing than defective figures that crumble to dust when you touch them.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Wow. I've always thought that Mattel should have gotten the ThunderCats license.

ThunderCats 2011 was so much like MOTU 200X that it flopped at retail in the same exact way. This is a nightmare. I blame the hiatus too. That killed the show's momentum going into the holidays and the kids forgot all about ThunderCats. Cartoon Network has killed off another property.

Unlike 200X, at least no one can blame the failure on the new redesigns as the Classic line is also failing. Too bad Bandai didn't make 6" Classic figures from jump. We could have had at the most 8 old school characters in the first two waves. I would have had two heroes and two villains per wave as a usual model. Lion-O, Panthro, Mumm-Ra and Slithe in Wave One, Cheetara, Tygra, Jackalman and Monkian in Wave Two. Wilykit, Wilykat, Vultureman and Grune could have been Wave Three. Jaga, Snarf, Ratar-O and Safari Joe would have been Wave Four. Wave Five would have knocked out the New ThunderCats in one Wave: Lynx-O, Bengali, Pumyra and Snarfer.

I hope this is just gloom and doom stuff--that Bandai has a plan and can salvage this. I want Addicus and Kaynar figures!

I went to 5 Walmarts and Targets this morning on my usual Wed run, no clearance and the figures were selling....well except Mummy Mumm-Ra because that figure stinks

I go to TRU on Thursdays so I will see how badly they have went if its a national clearance

But not sure what else to say, I mean they sell here otherwise they would be on the red tag shelf at most of the stores

The only figures I have seen red tagged were the 8" line that died and a few of the older 6" before the new stuff came in

I have seen Wave 2 several times this morning but man Claudus must sell as soon as he is unpacked

Note I am not trying to argue its doing great, but as a semi professional toy buyer I can only tell what I see and I see it doing good enough at the moment at least here. Maybe the two coasts don't care for it lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    as a semi professional toy buyer I can only tell what I see and I see it doing good enough at the moment at least here. Maybe the two coasts don't care for it lol
    No your right bro, some stores are instant sell outs and some the stuff just cant move. I think product moves fast but its only the short packed ones. Problem is if each area has 5 collectors, and they store gets 5 cases, thats triple the amount of lion-os that will sit on shelves because collections will be completed in one swoop.

The tower should NEVER have been priced at 40 to begin with. I think that was a big mistake around christmas. 25.00 to start would have been smart, there is barely nothing in the box anyway. The tank falls apart (i never bought 2.0, but need to get around to it) so I did see alot of returns of them.

The classics always flew off the shelf here, and then when bandai went into overdrive to produce them, it got flooded. Shelf life for 2 figures in a wave would never sell.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    No your right bro, some stores are instant sell outs and some the stuff just cant move. I think product moves fast but its only the short packed ones. Problem is if each area has 5 collectors, and they store gets 5 cases, thats triple the amount of lion-os that will sit on shelves because collections will be completed in one swoop.

The tower should NEVER have been priced at 40 to begin with. I think that was a big mistake around christmas. 25.00 to start would have been smart, there is barely nothing in the box anyway. The tank falls apart (i never bought 2.0, but need to get around to it) so I did see alot of returns of them.

The classics always flew off the shelf here, and then when bandai went into overdrive to produce them, it got flooded. Shelf life for 2 figures in a wave would never sell.
    Yeah it was very mismanaged imho. I honest to god think Wave 2 was shipped before it was supposed to and that is why Bandai has been silent since Wave 2 was what we should have seen at Toy Fare while they worked on Wave 3 and returned the show to its new timeslot on Saturdays.

If you go back far enough in this thread I said that Bandai had a tendency to just ship things and was told by a few people there was no way we would see new toys before the Spring...then they hit in December after coming up for solicitation.

Couple that with the fact they pulled the rug out from under the Classics (changing the size in mid line probably confused retailers) and then lackluster response to both the playsets

They fixed the case ratio issue, Wave 2 has been packed much better but that does not erase the issues Wave 1 caused with excess Lion-O's and Mummy Mumm-Ra's

Now I wish I had bought the Mumm-Ra vehicle when I saw it, if for nothing else because the box art was so bad ass.

Its just weird, Bandai has licensed tv properties down to a science. So either WB confused them or they had some kind of internal issues because the way they did Thundercats just does not match the way they do Ben 10 and Power Rangers even though it should be exactly the same.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I hate being a doom sayer...but yeah, this seems like the end.

I know I've said this a bunch already, but I wish you guys could have seen how little Bandai cared about ThunderCats at NY Toy Fair. It's like they just wanted to brush us right by it and hope we didn't see anything...I've had a bad feeling ever since then.

I am hoping to still find a Claudus, Slythe, and Storm Charger before they are completely impossible to get. And 6" Modern Tygra...did he ever come out?

I'm real sad that the Classic line didn't get handled better. I was very excited about the possibility of having a complete team based on the 80's cartoon...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow. I've always thought that Mattel should have gotten the ThunderCats license.
    Not after the job they did on Generator Rex; at least with Bandai, we have the main Cats. With Rex, we didn't even get the monkey, and NEVER would have gotten Holiday, a female.

ThunderCats 2011 was so much like MOTU 200X that it flopped at retail in the same exact way. This is a nightmare. I blame the hiatus too. That killed the show's momentum going into the holidays and the kids forgot all about ThunderCats. Cartoon Network has killed off another property.
    I think you've really nailed the main problem here, not just with Tcats, but with Cartoon Network properties in general. Ben 10 does great in the toy aisle and it is on constantly on CN, between the older episodes and the new. There's fairly steady support for the toy line. But with both Rex and the Cats, the toys have only sporadic media support; as you stated, the show was basically gone when the toys started showing up. The major movie licenses haven't been doing all that well in the action figure aisles with multi-million dollar blockbusters behind them; how does a toy line based on a show that appears and disappears seemingly at random survive. I've got a bad feeling that the prototypes for the Green Lantern series on CN will never make it into a full fledged toy line because of this; companies are going to be a lot less anxious to produce toys based on series CN flips around the schedule like a blind man shooting darts (even the schedule on THEIR OWN WEBSITE is often wrong, which is why I turn on the TV expecting to see Rex and see a bunch of Lego Ninjago figures instead). It bodes very badly for anyone who hopes for toys based on anything CN puts on the air from here on.

I hope this is just gloom and doom stuff--that Bandai has a plan and can salvage this. I want Addicus and Kaynar figures!
    I feel you here, my friend; the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the return of Monkian and Jackalman was that I wouldn't have figures of these mainstays of the property this time around. And now I hear Pumyra is scheduled for a comeback, as well (and we already saw a Lynxo cameo with no figure as yet). Such a shame, as I am enjoying the show much, much more than I expected, being a big fan of the original series and not such a fan of a lot of recent re-imaginings of old properties...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I had toyed with the idea (pardon the pun) of picking up the modern figures, and am now kind of glad I didn't, only because the thought of not having Jackalman, Monkian, and whomever all else shows up on the show would have been irritating.

I bought the 8" classic Lion-O and Tygra and got burned on that, so I pretty much gave up, though maybe someday if I have the money I'll track down the original line.

It does seem like a shame, though, given how promising this was a year ago.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I hate being a doom sayer...but yeah, this seems like the end.

I know I've said this a bunch already, but I wish you guys could have seen how little Bandai cared about ThunderCats at NY Toy Fair. It's like they just wanted to brush us right by it and hope we didn't see anything...I've had a bad feeling ever since then.
    And yet WB paid to have a Thundercats van roam around NY during Toy Fair , makes no sense given they had nothing to show

I am hoping to still find a Claudus, Slythe, and Storm Charger before they are completely impossible to get. And 6" Modern Tygra...did he ever come out?

I'm real sad that the Classic line didn't get handled better. I was very excited about the possibility of having a complete team based on the 80's cartoon...
    To my knowledge the 6" Tygra has been released but only people who bought from eBay or various online stores (not the main ones) have found it, I have opened cases of the 6" at Walmart and never seen it so its not like it just sold out and I missed it.

I wish we got a complete set too, I mean we are missing Kit/Kat/Jaga at this point

6 inch tygra was suppose to be in the waves with cheetara, something held him back to wave 2.5. After wave 2 was a ultra fail (come on, 1 new figure per wave and rehashing already pegwarmers....?) 2.5 never hit. He's out there, just waiting for overstock to pop.

Whenever it hits Walmart, Wave 2 goes fast! Claudus is the first to go. I've only seen the Storm Charger once. Even the Tiger Flyer is uncommon.

The 6" figures look nice, but I passed on them because the 4" figures finished everyone from the start. Now if ThunderCats was continuing, then I might get the 6" versions, Classics too.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Whenever it hits Walmart, Wave 2 goes fast! Claudus is the first to go. I've only seen the Storm Charger once. Even the Tiger Flyer is uncommon.

The 6" figures look nice, but I passed on them because the 4" figures finished everyone from the start. Now if ThunderCats was continuing, then I might get the 6" versions, Classics too.
    I saw the Tiger Flyer 3 times this morning, the price tag is keeping that one the shelf I think

For us it seems the Wave 2 4" go first (and figs like kit/kat and Cheetara), then the Mumm-Ra tank, then the 6" regulars. The Classics do not really move nor the very 1st wave of the 4" (Lion-O, Mummy Mumm-Ra)

I think Lion-O 1.0 and Mummy Mumm-Ra are the Smash Blade and Spin Blade of the Thundercats line lol

I also think in regards to the Classics people are just baffled, those without access to the internet or those who are not nerds like us do not realize they changed the line from 8" to 6" and so they are confused by the $8 8" clearanced Tygra Classic and the $14-17 8" Lion-O and Mumm-Ra Classic